PDA

View Full Version : "Frown for Clown"

Cpitt78
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Now, I am not wishing a poor season upon us, however if this season does not go our way, I'd like to offer up an alternative view point that may help us make it through to the other side with a slightly more optimistic view of our future.

The Colts had "Suck for Luck" and if our season ends poorly, we can think of this as our 2013-14 "Frown for Clown" campaign!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c7o5wMUDXs

pczach
04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't want to suck under any circumstances......period! Sucking is for losers!:flap:

Bane
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
I want Jadeveon Clowney. Nao.

pete74
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
No way. There are a bunch of good QB's coming out I would much rather have. I good QB will help youget to the super bowl alot quicker then a good defensive end will. Ben will probably only have 3 years left after this season so it would be perfect.
. With that said I would rather just end up with the 32nd pick next year

Buddha Bus
04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! The Steelers should never tank a season just to get a prime draft pick. That's some bitch bullshit garbage right there. Fight till you can't fight anymore, I say.

pczach
04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Spoken like a famous "Member of the Week"! I also happen to agree...

Bravo oh Great One!:drink:

Rabbit
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Frown for Clown? That's the best you could come up with?

OX1947
04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I would give up the 1st and 2nd round picks this year for this focker. This guy was created on earff to be a Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker.

Rabbit
04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
He's not even a better prospect than Jevon Kearse or Julius Peppers. Chill, y'all.

OX1947
04-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Lousy for Clowney sounds better. His name is Clowney, he aint no clown, thats for sure.

Buddha Bus
04-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Downy for Clowney?

Drowny for Clowney? :noidea:

vasteeler
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Downy for Clowney? :noidea:

i was thinking "down with the clown" but i dont need ICP coming after me

Buddha Bus
04-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Spoken like a famous "Member of the Week"! I also happen to agree...

Bravo oh Great One!:drink:

Famous? WTF?!? My royalty check had better be in the mail, Bagz! :rant:

And thank you, pczach. :bow:

OX1947

Don't worry, Eminem ended those guys' manhoods a long time ago....

MACH1
Why does Downtown Clowney Brown keep popping in my head.

pczach
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Bounty for Clowney?

Buddha Bus
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Hatchets to the face suck. Just ask Joan Rivers. :chuckle:

VaDave
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Now, I am not wishing a poor season upon us, however if this season does not go our way, I'd like to offer up an alternative view point that may help us make it through to the other side with a slightly more optimistic view of our future.

The Colts had "Suck for Luck" and if our season ends poorly, we can think of this as our 2013-14 "Frown for Clown" campaign!!

That # 63 from Clemson sucks.....

StainlessStill
04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
No.

As for Clowney, he has a lot of learning to do. If you play as tall as he does in that highlight film, he won't make it out of his first pro game, though that hit in that Michigan game was one of the sickest hits I've seen that year. I saw it live and I let out a fuckin roar after that one. That was a pure football hit.

Millers the sh!t
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM

I say we re-name the project "play like the Brownies for Clowny"

Rabbit
04-11-2013, 06:18 PM
That # 63 from Clemson sucks.....

As a Clemson fan, yes. Yes he does.

Dalton Freeman was the only offensive lineman on our team with any future.

fansince'76
04-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Only if the team is willing to refund the amount of every ticket sold. Tanking on purpose is bush league.

zcoop
04-12-2013, 09:33 AM
As a Clemson fan, yes. Yes he does.

Dalton Freeman was the only offensive lineman on our team with any future.

Sorry to hear you're a Tater Fan, I won't hold that against you as much since you're a Steeler Fan too. Keep DaBo on the payroll, I love winning the State title. :tt04:

teegre
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Trade up for him: I can buy that.

Lose in order to acquire him: NEVER!!!

desertsteel
04-12-2013, 10:48 AM
As great as any defensive player may be, he is not, nor will he ever be on par with a franchise QB.

SteelersCanada
04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! The Steelers should never tank a season just to get a prime draft pick. That's some bitch bullshit garbage right there. Fight till you can't fight anymore, I say.

This might be the most 'thanked' post on here.

Lady Steel
04-12-2013, 12:58 PM
(sigh) Sometimes I wonder where people were when God was handing out brains. I don't want the Steelers tanking even one game let alone an entire season.

For the record, the Browns are the clowns. Just sayin'.

lloydwoodson
04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
I say we re-name the project "play like the Brownies for Clowny"

Yep. I was going to reply this same way on page 1 but had to see if someone else had posted it... which you did.

Millers the sh!t
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Yep. I was going to reply this same way on page 1 but had to see if someone else had posted it... which you did.

Yes sir, great minds think alike......

Except for that signature of yours..... You can't honestly put Wallace ahead of Rice.

lloydwoodson
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes sir, great minds think alike......

Except for that signature of yours..... You can't honestly put Wallace ahead of Rice.

No but I have done it dishonestly. I dishonestly put Wallace ahead of Rice. Wallace isn't even a top 5 receiver in the NFL right now.

1. Fitzgerald 2. Calvin Johnson 3. Andre Johnson 4. Brandon Marshall 5. Reggie Wayne

Hawaii 5-0
08-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Jadeveon Clowney dominates

Updated: August 17, 2013
Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier wasn't happy with his team's offensive showing on Saturday. Then again, it's usually difficult to move the ball against Gamecocks All-American Jadeveon Clowney.

The South Carolina junior defensive end had two sacks -- at least two other potential sacks were credited as incompletions -- in the two-hour workout at Williams-Brice Stadium, a week after sitting out a scrimmage with a bruised shoulder. He also came in virtually untouched on several other plays to pressure Gamecock quarterbacks Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson.

"We act like we didn't even try to block Clowney today," Spurrier said. "Maybe we're afraid to block him, I don't know. Hopefully, he's that good but I've seen other people block him. He doesn't get to the quarterback every play like he did today just about."

And that was just in two, short series before the 6-foot-6, 274-pound Clowney watched the rest of the sessions from the sidelines.

Earlier Saturday, the Gamecocks were picked sixth in the AP preseason Top 25, their highest ranking in history to start the season.

"That's flattering," Spurrier said. "I don't know if we can live up to it or not, but we'll try, though."

The Gamecocks will have to get their offense going if they hope to build on the first back-to-back 11-2 seasons in school history.

Shaw, the senior starter, finished just 2 of 6 passing for 25 yards and an interception. He walked off the field shaking his right, throwing hand after the pick by freshman cornerback Jamari Smith. Shaw went to the locker room to get it looked at, then returned with ice on his right hand.

Spurrier said it was a bruised thumb and did not think it was anything serious. Shaw is coming off foot surgery last January that kept him out of spring workouts.

Thompson, Shaw's backup, was 3 for 8 for 47 yards. The offense's only passing touchdown came with freshman Brendan Nosovitch under center on a 10-yard pass to receiver Pharoh Cooper. That came after Nosovitch and Cooper hooked up on a 35-yard pass play.

Sophomore Mike Davis led the rushers with 53 yards on four carries. Freshman David Williams had the only other touchdown in 12 series with a 1-yard run.

South Carolina's five quarterbacks combined to go 16 of 37 for 180 yards with two interceptions and the one TD. The group, though, continued to compete without two of the team's top receivers from last year in Bruce Ellington and tight end Rory Anderson, both with hamstring problems.

Spurrier was encouraged by his offense a week ago. But that was with Clowney on the sidelines nursing a bruised shoulder. Clowney missed Monday's practice, too, drawing some pointed comments from Spurrier about how if the injury didn't come around soon, he might keep his star lineman and reigning Southeastern Conference defensive player of the year on the sidelines when the Gamecocks open against North Carolina on Aug. 29.

Clowney returned to the field Tuesday and looked his disruptive self at the scrimmage.

"Hopefully, he's going to make it tough for everybody," South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward said. "Jadeveon is a special athlete. We talk about him all the time, but he deserves all the praise he gets because he's a really good football player."

Spurrier did not make Clowney available to media afterward, although the good-natured player shouted to teammates given extra running, "Hey, I love to see that. All you fat boys" working out.

Clowney has been one of college football's most talked-about athletes since his last game at the Outback Bowl, when he popped the helmet off Michigan runner Vincent Smith in South Carolina's 33-28 New Year's Day victory. The hit won an ESPY for year's best play and the hype hasn't slowed down as the season draws closer.

Spurrier says much of Clowney's success Saturday was due to the Gamecocks "soft" offensive line. Davis, the Gamecocks tailback, thinks the sacks given up today will help the linemen when the games start.

"Clowney is a freak of nature," Davis said. "So going against him and the defensive line we have is only make those guys better."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9576678/jadeveon-clowney-nearly-unblockable-south-carolina-gamecocks-scrimmage

Steelstoned1972
08-18-2013, 07:11 AM

The Steelers or other truly competitve franchises couldnt tank on purpose. Its not in their dna. From player to coach to front office to ownership. It wouldnt happen.

I think its much easier as fans to wish that. If your fav team is allready out of the playoff picture , i could see maybe thinking in the back of your head , " Lose the rest , it doesnt matter if ya win now ......Get the Clown ! "

If you knew they had no chance for the playoffs would you secretly wish that they would Frown for Clown ? :noidea:

Where i live it would suck awful bad to hear it from Browns fans if we were terrible. Lord knows i've fed them enough shit sandwiches over the last 15-20 years.

Buddha Bus
08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
The Steelers or other truly competitve franchises couldnt tank on purpose. Its not in their dna. From player to coach to front office to ownership. It wouldnt happen.

I think its much easier as fans to wish that. If your fav team is allready out of the playoff picture , i could see maybe thinking in the back of your head , " Lose the rest , it doesnt matter if ya win now ......Get the Clown ! "

If you knew they had no chance for the playoffs would you secretly wish that they would Frown for Clown ? :noidea:

Where i live it would suck awful bad to hear it from Browns fans if we were terrible. Lord knows i've fed them enough shit sandwiches over the last 15-20 years.

I don't care what the circumstances or records are, a team should never "tank it" just to get a better pick. To me, it's an integrity issue and it shows none to intentionally lose games for that reason. Any team who could ever be proven to have done it (which I realize would be difficult to do) should be heavily fined, have their 1st round pick taken away, and head coach suspended for a full season.