PDA

View Full Version : "Kickalicious" signs with the Lions

ricardisimo
04-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Some of the video feels Photoshopped, but if it's not, even with multiple takes it's pretty impressive:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159261/article/kickalicious-havard-rugland-signs-detroit-lions-deal

Bayz101
04-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Pretty impressive, although i'd like to see how he does with several 6'5 260 pound giants running at him full speed.

WVABE
04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Wonder how he is with a pool que in his hand.

Look forward to watching him play with the big boyz to check out his accuracy then.

RavenManiac
04-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I think eliminating that extra approach step may be a bigger deal than some think. Then again, the Lions liked what they saw enough to give him a shot, so who knows?

I know he has been getting some coaching from a couple of different former-NFL kickers (Husted and someone else I forget) to short his approach to two steps.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2013, 04:10 AM
I guess time will tell on this one.

Fire Arians
04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
wow that guy has crazy accuracy.

edit: WHOA u gotta be effing kidding me @ 3:45. even if it took over 50 takes to nail that, still freakin' impressive

ricardisimo
04-15-2013, 10:24 PM
wow that guy has crazy accuracy.

edit: WHOA u gotta be effing kidding me @ 3:45. even if it took over 50 takes to nail that, still freakin' impressive
Yeah. I don't see many people making that last kick with a hundred tries. The other thing is that all of these are really impressive, and could theoretically have been done by anyone after fifty tries, to please the camera... but ALL of them? That five minute video would have taken a year to film.

RavenManiac
04-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah. I don't see many people making that last kick with a hundred tries. The other thing is that all of these are really impressive, and could theoretically have been done by anyone after fifty tries, to please the camera... but ALL of them? That five minute video would have taken a year to film.

He said/claimed the last kick took only about 8 tries. He said the basketball hoop kick (at 0:57 mark) took the most, like 40 tries, because he wanted a swish and kept hitting the rim on his made kicks.

Here is a nerdy video tha proves the last kick was almost certainly real (many have claimed it was a CGI fake):

http://www.empiricalzeal.com/2012/12/31/the-physics-of-that-kickalicious-kick/