PDA

View Full Version : Draft Cordarrelle Patterson

bornaSteelersfan
04-14-2013, 01:44 AM
We haven't heard, as of the beginning of this thread, if Sanders will be leaving us. I assume he is. The Steelers didn't give him a 2nd or 1st round tender because they didn't think he was worth it.

I have been studying the mock drafts over the last few weeks. I have gone so far as to look at the main pages of each team who drafts ahead of us and see what many people think their team needs. I think that Jarvis Jones drops to The Saints with pick #15 so he will be gone. With the way Tavon Austin's stock is rising, the Rams will take him as the first WR off the board at #16. That leaves the option of Cardarrelle Patterson or Kenny Vaccaro as the two obvious choices at pick #17. If Patterson drops to us, I cannot see any reason why we wouldn't take him. I know they say he only has 1 year as a starter, but what a year! He may not run crisp routes, but neither did Wallace. This is the guy who can "take the top off the defense" as Wallace did. What do you guys think?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IYpqLgpfNiQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Arians
04-14-2013, 02:42 AM
his talent is undeniable but is he ready to be an nfl starter in 2013? he's a little green.

Kingmagyar
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Steelers depot reported he only actually catches a little over 50% of the passes thrown to him. This guy is a dangerous pick. Real Boom or Bust.

Could help the Steelers in a big way though by allowing a team hungry for a WR (Minnesota or St Louis) to trade up and take him while we secure another 3rd or if a team is desperate enough 2nd round pick.

Don't think Jarvis Jones goes to the Steelers at all. They are not giving up on Worilds just yet, have two guys behind him and plenty of choices in the 2nd thru 4th rounds to develop slowly.

kan_t
04-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Don't think Jarvis Jones goes to the Steelers at all. They are not giving up on Worilds just yet, have two guys behind him and plenty of choices in the 2nd thru 4th rounds to develop slowly.
Worilds will be FA next year. There is zero depth at OLB. They can't really afford to develop their OLBs slowly.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Worilds will be FA next year. There is zero depth at OLB. They can't really afford to develop their OLBs slowly.

Corey Lemonier from Auburn would be a nice pick in rd 2.

If Worilds pans out(I believe he will) then cut Woodley and replace him with Lemonier

btw does anyone else think we need to draft a ILB in the early rounds? or can we wait till next year?

Anyways back on topic, Cordarrelle would be a nice pick @17 imo but now im hearing about him being very immature and having a poor work ethic scares me, only safe receiver going in the first round would be D.Hopkins others have size issues(Tavon),health issues(Keenan) or very raw prospects(Patterson, Hunter)

harrison'samonster
04-14-2013, 06:39 AM

If Worilds pans out(I believe he will) then cut Woodley and replace him with Lemonier

btw does anyone else think we need to draft a ILB in the early rounds? or can we wait till next year?

Anyways back on topic, Cordarrelle would be a nice pick @17 imo but now im hearing about him being very immature and having a poor work ethic scares me, only safe receiver going in the first round would be D.Hopkins others have size(Tavon),health issues(Keenan) or very raw prospects(Patterson, Hunter)

ILB might be able to wait until 3-5. There are a few good looking ones. Nico Johnson and A.J. Klein, Bruce Taylor seem to jump out at me. Then there's always Mauti.

As for Patterson, I would personally pass and go with Vacarro if I had a choice. Lemonier is definitely a good 2nd round choice.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-14-2013, 07:31 AM
ILB might be able to wait until 3-5. There are a few good looking ones. Nico Johnson and A.J. Klein, Bruce Taylor seem to jump out at me. Then there's always Mauti.

As for Patterson, I would personally pass and go with Vacarro if I had a choice. Lemonier is definitely a good 2nd round choice.

Yeah Vaccaro seems like the perfect fit he also has a chance to have a lot of playing time mostly when we are playing in the nickel defense

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

Seems good to me :thumbsup:

These 11 days need to get here faster :banging:

Steeldude
04-14-2013, 07:34 AM
No need to waste a pick on a WR in the first. Burress and Holmes never lived up to their draft status. WRs can be found later along with RBs.

Galax Steeler
04-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah Vaccaro seems like the perfect fit he also has a chance to have a lot of playing time mostly when we are playing in the nickel defense

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

I agree I want a stud defensive player in the 1st.

harrison'samonster
04-14-2013, 07:36 AM

1. Vaccaro
2. Lemonier
3. Da'Rick Rogers

doesn't look bad at all. Doesn't Rogers have a lot of off-field issues? If the Steelers are willing to give him a chance though, I'd be happy to as well.

Anybody know of good versatile O-Line we could look at? Schwenke seems to be the one that keeps popping up. I think we'll need a good back-up center, especially because we haven't resigned Legursky.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-14-2013, 07:52 AM
doesn't look bad at all. Doesn't Rogers have a lot of off-field issues? If the Steelers are willing to give him a chance though, I'd be happy to as well.

Anybody know of good versatile O-Line we could look at? Schwenke seems to be the one that keeps popping up. I think we'll need a good back-up center, especially because we haven't resigned Legursky.

Da'Rick Rogers did have some issues with drugs but imo he's worth a shot in the 3rd cause of his 1st round talents, but I also like Quinton Patton from Louisiana Tech.

I like Schwenke but rather wait till the 6th round and draft Khaled Holmes he would be better value imo, but I believe Legursky will be re-signed after the draft & also Starks to

fer522
04-14-2013, 08:33 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!! We got Wallace and Sanders in R3 and Brown in R6 and honestly I don't think this guy is the next Megatron :noidea:

Steelstoned1972
04-14-2013, 08:44 AM

Anyways back on topic, Cordarrelle would be a nice pick @17 imo but now im hearing about him being very immature and having a poor work ethic scares me, only safe receiver going in the first round would be D.Hopkins others have size(Tavon),health issues(Keenan) or very raw prospects(Patterson, Hunter) I really like Hopkins too. Wouldn't mind trading back in the first or early 2ND to nab him...but maybe he is their highest ranking receiver on their board and justifies their 17th pick.

bl4ckng0ld
04-14-2013, 02:13 PM
No need to waste a pick on a WR in the first. Burress and Holmes never lived up to their draft status. WRs can be found later along with RBs.

So true. If they waste their first round pick on a WR, I will be disappointed. This kid may have a huge upside, but will not make an impact next season. He is risky.

Goldsteel86
04-14-2013, 02:54 PM
The more I hear about Patterson, I would say NO! One year at the Div. 1 level and his work ethic, no thanks. I would like to see a DB or OLB in the 1st possibly trading back and getting Robert Woods in the 2nd round, if the Steelers must take a WR in the 1st I would lean more towards Hopkins or Keenan Allen (although he had a slow 40 time), maybe Tavon Austin if he is available which I'm sure he won't be. Either way, no on Patterson, hopefully the Steelers can get a deal done with Sanders which will afford the opportunity to draft a WR in the 2nd round, just my opinion. :noidea:

Bane
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM

SCHWENKE FTW.

Dude's a thrasher. We have to get him. Even if it means moving Pouncey to guard.

Goldsteel86
04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
SCHWENKE FTW.

Dude's a thrasher. We have to get him. Even if it means moving Pouncey to guard.

OL in the first again, no way, there are too many issues to address on Defense, at the WR position and RB, no to OL in the 1st!!!

harrison'samonster
04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Schwenke might last until the third. HMMM? where could we get an extra third pick to get him? Ah lose Sanders. Or like Black and Yellow said we could wait until the 6th to get Holmes. Either way, unless we resign Legursky and Starks we'll be picking up an O-line player at some point.

The Steelers have had success picking up a WR in the 3rd or later. But if we do lose Sanders that might be too big of a gamble. Safeties are deep this year as are ILB which are also a need, we can't rely on Foote for the next 3 years.

Goldsteel86
04-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Schwenke might last until the third. HMMM? where could we get an extra third pick to get him? Ah lose Sanders. Or like Black and Yellow said we could wait until the 6th to get Holmes. Either way, unless we resign Legursky and Starks we'll be picking up an O-line player at some point.

The Steelers have had success picking up a WR in the 3rd or later. But if we do lose Sanders that might be too big of a gamble. Safeties are deep this year as are ILB which are also a need, we can't rely on Foote for the next 3 years.

If the Steelers draft a WR in the 3rd round they will totally miss the boat, the quality of WR in the draft is diminshed past the second round.

harrison'samonster
04-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I tend to agree, if they are going to lose Sanders they need to be thinking WR in the 2nd at the latest.

Bane
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
OL in the first again, no way, there are too many issues to address on Defense, at the WR position and RB, no to OL in the 1st!!!

Schwenke's a third-rounder at best, and I've seen him mocked as low as the fifth.

The dude's got Steeler written all over him. They have to get this dude.