PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 7 round Mock

Dan51790
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
1st. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia - With James Harrison gone here is a guy that could even start day 1. A falling prospect that has the talent to win DROY.

2nd. Kevin Minter MLB LSU - Need to find a replacement for Larry Foote in a season or two. Minter can sit behind Foote for a season and learn the system. Also provide depth for a thin position and contribute on Special Teams.

3rd Leveon Bell RB Mich. St - Some teams have stated Bell is a potential star in a zone blocking scheme. With the Steelers switching to zone blocking it makes me wonder if we are one of the teams to say this. We have also shown interest in Bell.

4th. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall - We need depth at the position even with us retaining Sanders. At 6 3 Dobson is a big target that Ben has always wanted.

5th. Josh Evans S Florida - He had a solid career at Florida. Plus we need to start adding players to the position with Ryan Clark on his contract year and Polamalu's injuries.

6th. TJ Barnes NT GT - A huge man that stands 6' 6" and weighs 369 lbs. With Ta'amu's maturity and legal issues we need to find depth and here we can add some.

6th. Chris Jacobson G Pitt - Need to add depth at this position.

7th. Travis Howard CB OSU - A project corner just like Cortez Allen was a few years ago. Even the NFL Draft Profile compares him to Allen.

Now break it down and lets discuss what you think of this draft?

harrison'samonster
04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
if we got your top 5 I'd be thrilled. I don't see Dobson falling to the 4th though. If Bell is gone by the time we draft in the 3rd, is there another RB you like?

Dan51790
04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I also like Montee Ball and Johnathon Franklin. I think a 1-2 punch with Franklin and Dwyer sounds pretty good. Also with Redman coming in on some short yardage situations.

Rabbit
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
We need to find depth at nose tackle? We have McLendon, Ta'amu and Fangupo.

Dan51790
04-15-2013, 11:40 PM
If Ta'amu gets in trouble again there's a good chance they will cut him.

Rabbit
04-15-2013, 11:51 PM
You can't operate the draft on a basis of what-ifs.

Dan51790
04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Well what position would you go in that spot or who?