PDA

View Full Version : Deaths, injuries reported after Boston Marathon blasts

Pages : [1] 2

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Deaths, injuries reported after Boston Marathon blasts

At least three death and many injuries were reported Monday after two explosions ripped through the crowd at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Fox News quoted a law enforcement source as saying at least three people had died. The Boston Herald reported at least a dozen injuries

Witnesses said the blasts occurred in quick succession about 2:50 p.m. on Boylston Street near the intersection of Exeter Street, three hours after the winner had crossed the finish line. Some store fronts were blown out.

Bloodied spectators were carried to medical tent intended for runners. Several of the injured has lost limbs, and at least one police officer was hurt.

Organizers immediately stopped the race and lockdown the marathon headquaters.

The elite women runners started the race at 9:30 a.m. and the elite men followed about 30 minutes later. About 27,000 runners were in the field for the Patriots Day race.

"There are a lot of people down," one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter, told the Associated Press.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/15/explosions-finish-line-boston-marathon/2085193/

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 04:03 PM
KkT3rmZSZ-w

Atlanta Dan
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
After the main concern about the many innocent lives that have been impacted, domestic or foreign source is the big question for me at the moment - if, as has been reported, they recovered an intact device that will be a big help

Reported that someone on surveillance tapes was carrying somthing suspicious

fer522
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
They found and disabled a third bomb

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 04:58 PM
NYC, DC increase security in wake of Boston explosions

By Andrew Rafferty, Staff Writer, NBC News

New York City has stepped up security in the wake of two explosions that rocked the Boston Marathon, according to police.

"We've stepping up security at hotels and other prominent locations in the city through deployment of the NYPD's critical response vehicles until is more about the explosion is learned," Deputy Commissioner of the New York Police Department Paul J Browne told CNBC.

Security was also increased in Washington, D.C., at Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House, officials told NBC News. People with hard passes can still access the White House, but the public has been pushed into Lafayette Park and beyond.

Also, the Metropolitan Police Department in DC confirms to NBC News that the police have "heightened security" in DC.

It is unclear what caused the explosion that killed two and injured dozens of runners and onlookers near the finish line of the marathon.

Additional reporting by NBC News' Stacey Klein

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17765093-nyc-dc-increase-security-in-wake-of-boston-explosions?lite

After the main concern about the many innocent lives that have been impacted, domestic or foreign source is the big question for me at the moment.

Me, too, Dan.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I can't even get onto the Boston Globe's website. Too much traffic, I'm assuming.

ETA: Was finally able to link to some photos via Facebook. My God, what is wrong with some people? :frown:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/15/explosions-rock-boston-marathon-finish-line-dozens-injured/yLhfDT1XC3HXSa8wPiVijL/picture.html

https://www.facebook.com/globe?fref=ts

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

NY AUTHORITIES RAMP UP SECURITY AFTER BOSTON EXPLOSIONS

In addition, Boston police have has surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site, according to CBS News.

Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at the marathon finish line.

The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from the marathon.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO

Atlanta Dan
04-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Ruh-oh

BritishSteel
04-15-2013, 05:38 PM
The New York Post reported that a "Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast" has been identified as "a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing." The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

"Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the spokesperson.

Looks dreadful. Thoughts with those affected.

fer522
04-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Boston PD: "we have no suspects in custody"

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 05:58 PM
NY Post is the Enquirer of news.......they'll be tons of false reports coming out

Buddha Bus
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
My thoughts go out to the victims of this terrible tragedy.

It's a very scary thing to consider. I myself have to head to downtown Washington D.C. tonight for work. It will definitely be in the back of my mind.

R.I.P. to the dead and well wishes to the injured and their families.

Vis
04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
NY Post is the Enquirer of news.......they'll be tons of false reports coming out

They say 12 dead. Everyone else says 2.

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 06:05 PM
that didn't take long

CNN’s Nat’l Sec Analyst Speculates ‘Right-Wing Extremists’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H0Ik0wRyDLM

JonM229
04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
They say 12 dead. Everyone else says 2.

The NY Post isn't known for its accuracy or journalistic integrity.

This is truly a tragic event. My thoughts go out to all those affected.

Vis
04-15-2013, 06:09 PM
that didn't take long

CNN’s Nat’l Sec Analyst Speculates ‘Right-Wing Extremists’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H0Ik0wRyDLM

Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed #Boston marathon – but this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag

— Alex Jones (@RealAlexJones) April 15, 2013

Explosions at the Boston Marathon. Don’t that the FBI has been behind virtually every domestic terror plot in the US, as NY Times reported.

— Alex Jones (@RealAlexJones) April 15, 2013

Vis
04-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Everyone who gets paid for spouting off is spouting off

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 06:11 PM
My thoughts go out to the victims of this terrible tragedy.

It's a very scary thing to consider. I myself have to head to downtown Washington D.C. tonight for work. It will definitely be in the back of my mind.

R.I.P. to the dead and well wishes to the injured and their families.

Safe travels, Buddha.

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm sure Rashard Mendenhall will be tweeting shortly. He will let us know what's going on. :coffee:

Vis
04-15-2013, 06:13 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552644_10151390611551275_1070528328_n.jpg

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM
twitter to the rescue

Boston police say: "Update JFK incident appears to be fire related."

Boston police now appear to be backing away from their commissioner's earlier statement that a third incident – at the JFK Library 5 miles from the finish line - might have been related to the Boston Marathon blasts.

http://inagist.com/all/323914832866852865/

JonM229
04-15-2013, 06:37 PM
NBC News is reporting that a Boston police officer has confirmed that one of the deaths was an 8 year old.

There are no words

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
:frown:

I always try to see the good in everyone, but it's when shit like this happens that I start to lose all faith in humanity.

Buddha Bus
04-15-2013, 06:40 PM
There are no words

Oh there are, but I don't think they should be posted in this thread out of respect to the dead/injured.

fer522
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
NBC News is reporting that a Boston police officer has confirmed that one of the deaths was an 8 year old.

There are no words

I was hoping the 2 deaths were from the the guys carrying the explosives

SteelCityMom
04-15-2013, 07:38 PM
So...it's tax day. Is no one making the connection here?

I'm sorry for the families, but no one suspects anything else? Really?

Atlanta Dan
04-15-2013, 07:52 PM

Maybe - but more likely it was just a public gathering and target of opportunity

JonM229
04-15-2013, 07:57 PM
The only conspiracy theory I've heard so far was that the bombs were planted by right-wing extremists because the race was dedicated to victims and families of Newtown. The bombs were also planted near the finish line, which was by a VIP area for the families of Newtown. I don't hold much stock in it, though. I prefer to wait for the facts.

It would also be a fucking horrible thing to do.

Vis
04-15-2013, 08:05 PM
And it's Patriot Day etc. The problem with guessing is not being able to think like the type of fuck who would do these things.

MACH1
04-15-2013, 08:28 PM
The only conspiracy theory I've heard so far was that the bombs were planted by right-wing extremists because the race was dedicated to victims and families of Newtown. The bombs were also planted near the finish line, which was by a VIP area for the families of Newtown. I don't hold much stock in it, though. I prefer to wait for the facts.

It would also be a fucking horrible thing to do.

As sick as the fucks are that did this, it's also sickening that left leaning tv channels are trying to push a political agenda with it before any real facts are out.

Atlanta Dan
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
As sick as the fucks are that did this, it's also sickening that left leaning tv channels are trying to push a political agenda with it before any real facts are out.

The most popular "agenda" being pushed is a "Saudi student" as the perp - unless I am unaware of "the Saudis" being against immigration reform, more comprehensive firearms registration, and tax increases IMO this is not another example of the MSM forcing its "agenda" on a clueless American public:noidea:

Out of curiosity, are you watching a "left leaning" channel and , if so, what is it?

Fire Arians
04-15-2013, 08:42 PM
The most popular "agenda" being pushed is a "Saudi student" as the perp - unless I am unaware of "the Saudis" being against immigration reform, more comprehensive firearms registration, and tax increases IMO this is not another example of the MSM forcing its "agenda" on a clueless American public:noidea:

Out of curiosity, are you watching a "left leaning" channel and , if so, what is it?

left leaning channel = any news source that is not fox news? :chuckle:

Vis
04-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Conservative radio host Alex Jones took to Twitter very soon after the tragedy at the Boston Marathon, professing sympathy for those involved, but then, according to Mediaite, saying that it was a “false flag,” and that the FBI “has been behind virtually every domestic terror plot in the U.S. as NY Times reported.”

That's the only BS politicalization I've seen until MACH1 used it to attack the left.

MACH1
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM

See post #14

Fire Arians
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM
:frown:

I always try to see the good in everyone, but it's when shit like this happens that I start to lose all faith in humanity.

terrible incident, but things like this shouldn't make you lose faith in humanity. all it takes is 1 to do something this awful. the majority of people in this world are good by nature.

MACH1
04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Conservative radio host Alex Jones took to Twitter very soon after the tragedy at the Boston Marathon, professing sympathy for those involved, but then, according to Mediaite, saying that it was a “false flag,” and that the FBI “has been behind virtually every domestic terror plot in the U.S. as NY Times reported.”

That's the only BS politicalization I've seen until MACH1 used it to attack the left.

Once again see post #14

Vis
04-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Once again see post #14

To busy reading you politicize this on SU

Atlanta Dan
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Once again see post #14

Or see this wisdom from a Wall street Journal columnist:noidea:

James Taranto ‏@jamestaranto 3h

"A lot of the victims of these attacks are Muslims--innocent Muslims."--Jane Harman on CNN. Huh? Are Muslims big marathoners?

@jamestaranto Obama is going to make a statement. Boehner is going to have a moment of silence. Advantage GOP.

Consider the possibility ignorance transcends ideology

MACH1
04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
To busy reading you politicize this on SU

Lets refer back to post # 16.

Pot meet kettle.

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM

just you and Wolfie

Wolf Blitzer speculates on a potential link between Boston Marathon explosions, Patriots Day

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/15/wolf-blitzer-speculates-on-a-potential-link-between-boston-marathon-explosions-patriots-day/

Vis
04-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mach1
I wonder what kind of label hopey will put on this. It can't be "work place violence" this time or blamed on a youtube video..

Vis
04-15-2013, 09:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH7nW_eCEAAd_l5.jpg:large

Former Patriots/Packers OG Joe Andruzzi helping out at the scene of the explosions.

Since I'm borrowing...

Lady Steel
04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/603933_616457105051015_312712603_n.jpg

caplovestroyp43
04-15-2013, 10:14 PM

There are no words

There sure aren't. God bless that eight year old and his family. May God surround them in this horrible time of grief.

ricardisimo
04-15-2013, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I thought that as well. Militias, maybe?

Fire Haley
04-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Authorities question Saudi national in Boston attack

(CBS News) Following the twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that has claimed two lives and dozens injured, a Saudi national is being held in custody in relation to the incident who was near the scene of the blast, CBS News correspondent John Miller reported.

Law enforcement sources told Miller a witness saw a person acting suspiciously when the explosions happened along the marathon route.

"They see him running away from the device," said Miller. "Now, a reasonable person would be running away. But this person had noticed him before. This is a civilian -- chases him down, tackles him, turns him over to the Boston police. The individual is being looked at [and] was suffering from burn injury. That means this person was pretty close to wherever this blast went off, but not so close as to suffer the serious injuries that other people did."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57579736/authorities-question-saudi-national-in-boston-attack/

-------------------------

Bomb Mecca from orbit....just to be sure

Fire Haley
04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
It's a miracle more weren't killed outright - these are the extremely graphic pics they won't show on TV - unless you can handle battlefield injuries with amputations, don't look!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=072_1366065507

WVABE
04-16-2013, 08:09 AM
That's pretty gross.

Fire Haley
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
tax day

Yeah, I thought that as well. Militias, maybe?

well, if you want to speculate - how about this

April 15th = African Liberation Day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Liberation_Day

Since it happened over an hour AFTER the world class runners from Ethiopia had already crossed the finishing line there was nobody but your average white runners left....in a big white city.

SteelersCanada
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
It's nice to see that there's an outpouring of support from other countries to you guys. Usually there's anti-US jokes rampant on most sites but now it's just support which I guess restores a little bit of faith in my humanity after something like this happened.

Also, in those pictures, it's amazing to see that others rushed over to help those that were seriously injured. Despite the very brutal gore, it was heartwarming to see so many selflessly run over and help without thinking twice about their own safety.

Our PM came out and condemned the attacks, but I'm sure we'll be sending resources to help whatever way we can.

So unnecessary.

CrickRat23
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
There are some sick Bastards out there that do sh!t like this. ( Sorry for my language, but stuff like this pisses me off ). To me it shows how cowardly people are.

I saw this on Facebook. The third week of April is historically tragic in America -- Columbine (4/20), Waco (4/19), Virginia Tech (4/16), Oklahoma City (4/19) and now Boston on 4/15.

Thought's and prayer's for all involved.

Lady Steel
04-16-2013, 01:54 PM
It's a miracle more weren't killed outright - these are the extremely graphic pics they won't show on TV - unless you can handle battlefield injuries with amputations, don't look!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=072_1366065507

My heart is breaking for every single one of those innocent people. It makes me so very, very sad. :frown:

Lady Steel
04-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Details emerge: Boston bombs may have involved pressure cooker, timer

(CNN) -- One of the deadly Boston Marathon bombs was apparently placed inside a metal pressure cooker and hidden in a backpack, a federal law enforcement official said Tuesday.

A timer was likely used to activate one of the bombs, rather than a cell phone, another law enforcement official said.

Details began to emerge as investigators combed through shreds of evidence in what Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis called "the most complex crime scene that we've dealt with in the history of our department."

The cordoned off area has been reduced from 15 blocks to 12, he said.

This article is really long, so anyone interested can read the entire article here ~

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-investigation/index.html

Vis
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Timers and no one claiming credit. This could be anyone from a crazy teenager to a wannabe terrorist to planned attack by a known group to a murder attempt disguised as terrorism.

stb_steeler
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Shit like this makes me wish i had stayed in the Military :mad:

Lady Steel
04-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Posted by Stiller Gang via Facebook:

Today we look past our rivalry.....

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/734014_497957070264538_691689519_n.jpg

Fire Haley
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Timers and no one claiming credit. This could be anyone from a crazy teenager to a wannabe terrorist to planned attack by a known group to a murder attempt disguised as terrorism.

yep - although that would be a pretty sloppy murder attempt with two bombs, blocks apart

pressure cooker bombs are favorites of the Paki's - maybe retribution for Bin Laden?

The 2006 Mumbai train bombing which killed over 200 and injured over 700 was also done with pressure cooker bombs.

Doesn't mean that the Boston attack isn't homegrown but it's nothing that would indicate that it is.

Terrorists trained in making pressure cooker bombs

NEW DELHI: Terrorists in camps purportedly operating along the Baluchistan border between Pakistan and Afghanistan are being trained in making and exploding pressure cooker bombs, which were used in the Delhi blasts last year and at least in two explosions in Varanasi this past Tuesday.

If you Google "pressure cooker bomb" you will find there's a huge number of attacks carried out using this type of device.

http://nfttu.blogspot.com/2006/03/pressure-cooker-bombs.html

Vis
04-16-2013, 05:17 PM
yep - although that would be a pretty sloppy murder attempt with two bombs, blocks apart

pressure cooker bombs are favorites of the Paki's - maybe retribution for Bin Laden?

The 2006 Mumbai train bombing which killed over 200 and injured over 700 was also done with pressure cooker bombs.

Doesn't mean that the Boston attack isn't homegrown but it's nothing that would indicate that it is.

Terrorists trained in making pressure cooker bombs

NEW DELHI: Terrorists in camps purportedly operating along the Baluchistan border between Pakistan and Afghanistan are being trained in making and exploding pressure cooker bombs, which were used in the Delhi blasts last year and at least in two explosions in Varanasi this past Tuesday.

If you Google "pressure cooker bomb" you will find there's a huge number of attacks carried out using this type of device.

http://nfttu.blogspot.com/2006/03/pressure-cooker-bombs.html

You can probably find out how to make it online too.

I wonder how many cell phone pictures and videos they have to go through.

Terrorism has a political component that can't be realized without the world knowing you did it. Maybe someone (or many someones) is claiming credit and their claim's validity is being checked. Lets hope the FBI knows more than is being reported.

BlaZeQuietly
04-16-2013, 07:57 PM
I didnt bother to go through and read all of these posts, so I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I wonder if north Korea regrets making all these threats then this happening If. Someone one told me they were going to vandalize my car and a couple days later my tires are sliced, they would be the first person that came to mind (in this case north korea) I doubt it was them. But after what theyve been saying they HAVE tp be a suspect.

Fire Haley
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Shit like this makes me wish i had stayed in the Military

when were you in?

MACH1
04-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Anyone know of Bill Ayers whereabouts yesterday.

Lady Steel
04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
I didnt bother to go through and read all of these posts, so I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I wonder if north Korea regrets making all these threats then this happening If. Someone one told me they were going to vandalize my car and a couple days later my tires are sliced, they would be the first person that came to mind (in this case north korea) I doubt it was them. But after what theyve been saying they HAVE tp be a suspect.

WARNING: A LOT OF COARSE LANGUAGE IN THE BELOW VIDEO.

HfY38lW7-zY

:laughing:

Fire Haley
04-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I didnt bother to go through and read all of these posts, so I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I wonder if north Korea regrets making all these threats .

oh no, not the Norks!

but the party is just getting started - it might be months and we get no more answers

I still like my Bin Laden retribution by the Paki's....two weeks away from his anniversary double-tap

fer522
04-16-2013, 09:28 PM
WARNING: A LOT OF COARSE LANGUAGE IN THE BELOW VIDEO.

HfY38lW7-zY

:laughing:

Why did I watch this video!??!!?:banging: I'm going to disneyworld in may :banging:
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2013, 01:51 AM
this horrible incident could have been avoided had there been stricter gun control laws in place...

Rabbit
04-17-2013, 03:32 AM
this horrible incident could have been avoided had there been stricter gun control laws in place...

oh, shut up.

Vis
04-17-2013, 03:41 AM
https://upworthy-production.s3.amazonaws.com/nugget/516c95f22f99130002008883/attachments/Patton-Oswalt-Boston.png

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Pakistani Taliban Denies Involvement in Boston Bombing

"Wherever we find Americans we will kill them, but we don't have any connection with the Boston Explosions," - head of Pakistani Taliban

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/16/world/asia/pakistan-taliban-marathon/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

----------------

there goes my theory

if you can't trust the Pakistani Taliban, who can you trust?

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 09:14 AM
maybe the fire wasn't an accident afterall.......how many times do libraries suddenly catch fire?

JFK Presidential Library Closed ‘Indefinitely’ for Investigation Into Fire After Marathon Bombings

Shortly after the Boston Marathon bombings, a fire broke out near a new entrance at the library. Some employees say they heard a blast as the fire started.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-library-closed-probe-post-bombing-fire-article-1.1319001

-----------------------

Maybe the fire was set to create a distraction somehow for the perp to get away from the area. That’s how it’s done in the movies.

I have more maybe's if you need them

Vis
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Now, first of all, this is nothing. It's a sub-line for the breaker above.

And second, why put the charge all the way down here?

If you're good enough to get in here and handle the gear, you're good enough to know you don't need this.

Bourne would know.

It was staged?

Is it a slam dunk? No.

But what if somebody were trying to cover their tracks by blaming Conklin and Bourne?

What if Bourne didn't have anything to do with this?

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 10:41 AM
'SOMEONE KNOWS': FBI Appeals to Public for Help in Search for Bomber

Hunt for suspects, motives in Boston bombing is 'wide open,' authorities say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/17/fbi-boston-police-say-range-suspects-motives-remains-wide-open/

-----------------------

my sleuthing is turning up lots of pics of black bags, I guess you have to start somewhere

JΞSTΞR™ @th3j35t3r
Hello cutey pie. Nice ruck you got there >> i.imgur.com/OvRBupt.jpg #boston cc: @FBIPressOffice

http://i.imgur.com/OvRBupt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J57yXU2h.jpg

check out all these crowd pics

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Vis
04-17-2013, 10:53 AM
The not watching is mitigated if he's checking out the girl in grey

This made sense before killer removed the picture to which I was referring

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
The not watching is mitigated if he's checking out the girl in grey

This made sense before killer removed the picture to which I was referring

these amatuer sleuths are nothing compared to you

http://i.imgur.com/6uthUCwh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8VF5oh0.jpg

then there's these

http://www1.whdh.com/images/news/specialcoverage/MarathonBombBeforeAndAfter462.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
oh, shut up.
oh....eat a bag of dicks asswipe.

MACH1
04-17-2013, 12:05 PM
maybe the fire wasn't an accident afterall.......how many times do libraries suddenly catch fire?

JFK Presidential Library Closed ‘Indefinitely’ for Investigation Into Fire After Marathon Bombings

Shortly after the Boston Marathon bombings, a fire broke out near a new entrance at the library. Some employees say they heard a blast as the fire started.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-library-closed-probe-post-bombing-fire-article-1.1319001

-----------------------

Maybe the fire was set to create a distraction somehow for the perp to get away from the area. That’s how it’s done in the movies.

I have more maybe's if you need them

Heres a new one, while were guessing.

The occupy people.? They got caught trying to blow up a bridge not to long ago.

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Heres a new one, while were guessing.

The occupy people.? They got caught trying to blow up a bridge not to long ago.

the hippies pissing in their tents? I thought they all quit

maybe the Ricin attacks are somehow involved

Suspicious Letter Sent to President Obama, Link to Ricin Letter Investigated

A suspicious letter sent to President Obama and received at an off-site location away from the White House is being investigated as possibly linked to another mailing with ricin sent to a senator, NBC 4 New York has learned.

The letter to Obama contained a "suspicious substance," authorities said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Suspicious-Letter-President-Obama-Ricin-Letter-Senate-203405261.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

stb_steeler
04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
when were you in?

Pennsylvania Army national Guard
Fort Indian town Gap 1986-1990

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
CNN: Suspect believed to be identified in bombing

BOSTON (WHDH) -- CNN is reporting that investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.

A source told CNN the breakthrough came from analyzing video from Lord and Taylor, a department store located near the scene of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, a source told CNN.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/10010391525943/cnn-suspect-believed-to-be-identified-in-bombing/

stb_steeler
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
these amatuer sleuths are nothing compared to you

http://i.imgur.com/6uthUCwh.jpg

then there's these

http://www1.whdh.com/images/news/specialcoverage/MarathonBombBeforeAndAfter462.jpg

Why is the one guy singled out with the backpack?...I see at least 5 that have them. Was there something suspicious about the way he acted?

Lady Steel
04-17-2013, 01:46 PM
CNN has just reported that an arrest has been made.

Lady Steel
04-17-2013, 01:56 PM

I've been there. Not as part of the military, though. Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Authorities arrest suspect in Boston bombings

CNN) -- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.

The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

-------------------

I wonder if it was the dark-skinned one

Lady Steel
04-17-2013, 02:04 PM
wsa it the dark-skinned one?

That's who they were talking about prior to the announcement that an arrest has been made, but they haven't said since their announcement.

MACH1
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Authorities arrest suspect in Boston bombings

CNN) -- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.

The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

-------------------

I wonder if it was the dark-skinned one

The description they gave said a guy in a black coat with black back pack talking on a cell phone at the time when the first bomb went off.

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
so that WAS him?

take that Vis

Vis
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Boston marathon attacks: Suspect 'identified', say US media

Breaking news

Investigators are preparing to arrest a suspect in relation to Monday's Boston marathon bombings, officials have told US media.

The breakthrough reportedly came from security video of a man dropping off a bag on the street near the race's finish line, before walking away.

The twin blasts killed an eight-year-old boy, a woman aged 29 and a postgraduate student from China.

Officials are due to hold a press conference at 17:00 ET (21:00 GMT).

Investigators have been sifting through thousands of pieces of evidence, ranging from video recorded on mobile phones to fragments of shrapnel removed from the victims' legs. More than 170 people were wounded in the attack.
Pressure cooker bombs

The image of the suspect came from surveillance video recorded at a department store across the street from the site of the second blast, CNN reported.

The Boston Globe newspaper reported that a surveillance camera at the Lord & Taylor store had provided police with clear footage of the area.

Earlier, the Associated Press quoted a source close to the investigation as saying that the bombs consisted of explosives placed in 1.6-gallon (6-litre) pressure cookers, one with shards of metal and ball bearings, the other with nails.

Nobody has claimed responsibility for the bombs, which a source said were placed in black bags and left on the ground.

It has been reported that a circuit board and battery pack - parts of a triggering mechanism - were recovered.

And the lid of a pressure cooker, apparently blown off during the explosion, was found on the roof of a nearby building, an official said on Wednesday.

Doctors treating the wounded say their injuries indicate that the bombs contained metal shards and other shrapnel. A number of victims have had limbs amputated.

Boston Medical Center trauma surgery chief Peter Burke said hospitals were saving "large quantities" of fragments extracted from victims for the police. They include metal, plastic, wood and concrete.

At least 58 of the injured have been released from various hospitals around the city, according to AP. Of those that remain, 17 patients are listed as in a critical condition.

Vis
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
so that WAS him?

take that Vis

Terrorists can check out women.

Or he's just taking the fall for the FBI conspiracy.

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
It has been reported that a circuit board and battery pack - parts of a triggering mechanism - were recovered..

those were all over the web too

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/17/article-2310200-19555FFA000005DC-327_964x641.jpg

which one?

http://i.imgur.com/jCgAf8Y.jpg

maybe this guy?

http://i.imgur.com/T5X1A47.gif

Vis
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
those were all over the web too

which one?

http://i.imgur.com/jCgAf8Y.jpg

they were both in the link I gave

Looks like they were issued a uniform. The one guy has a laminate so it was an inside job.

Lady Steel
04-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Now some guy on CNN is saying there was no arrest. WTH? Guh!

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
CNN is now pointing to this guy

http://i.imgur.com/T5X1A47.gif

oh for the love of shit

now CNN is now backing off

No arrests made yet in Boston bomb investigation, government and law enforcement sources tell @Reuters

the scum sucking media is pissing their pants again trying to be "first"

I retract everything I said

Fire Haley
04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I miss the good old days of TASS

the Soviets never acted this way with news

Vis
04-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Fox is reporting it's one of the guys in white.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-cvr-130417-boston-investigation-120p.photoblog600.jpg

Vis
04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
BREAKING: Law enforcement official: Arrest imminent in Boston Marathon bombing, suspect to be brought to court.
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 17, 2013

MORE: Suspect taken into custody in marathon bombing, expected in federal court:apne.ws/13jjJem -BW
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 17, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: Globe source: An arrest is imminent in the Marathon bombings. AP reporting suspect in custody.
— The Boston Globe (@BostonGlobe) April 17, 2013

LATEST: "All we can say for certain, is that all of our sources say no arrest" - NBC’s Pete Williams on Boston investigation
— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 17, 2013

JUST IN: @cbsnews has learned that NO ARREST has been made in Boston Marathon bombing case CBSNews.com
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 17, 2013

#BREAKING NEWS: FoxNews.com confirms arrest made in deadly #Boston Marathon bombing fxn.ws/YSLNGJ
— Fox News (@FoxNews) April 17, 2013

Vis
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
FBI statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIEzCpaCUAICjdC.png:large

The_Joker
04-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Domestic terrorist. Whoever this nutcase is, he needs a bullet to the brain ASAP.

stb_steeler
04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Now some guy on CNN is saying there was no arrest. WTH? Guh!

Journalism at its best :doh:

Vis
04-17-2013, 08:57 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/479700?playlist_id=1654

http://www.hulu.com/watch/479708?playlist_id=1654#i0,p0

click the links

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 09:11 PM
-KXHN-ETDig

Teary eyed, not gonna lie.

Good on 'em.

Lady Steel
04-18-2013, 12:11 AM
-KXHN-ETDig

Teary eyed, not gonna lie.

Good on 'em.

:hug:

MACH1
04-18-2013, 04:48 PM
So the FBI is supposed to be releasing the video with the two guys any minute now. Unless they cancel again.

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 05:48 PM
FBI unveils suspects

Boston bombings: FBI appeal for help finding two suspects

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/4/18/1366321153492/boston-bomb-suspect-011.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/4/18/1366320395176/boston-bomb-suspects-010.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/18/boston-bombing-fbi-images-suspects-live

M80DXI932OE

SteelersCanada
04-18-2013, 05:50 PM
FBI releases video of 2 Boston bombing suspects

The FBI on Thursday released surveillance video showing two potential suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing and is asking for the public's help in identifying them.

FBI Agent Richard DesLauriers said the photos came from surveillance cameras near the explosion sites. He said one the suspects is believed to have planted the devices near the finish line of the race. He says both suspects are considered armed and extremely dangerous.

The photos of the suspects can be seen online on fbi.gov. Any tips regarding the suspects can be called into the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Investigators had been focusing on a man wearing a white baseball cap seen dropping off a bag, and then walking away from the site of the second of two deadly explosions. CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports that investigators were able to retrace his steps and discovered video of the man with another man carrying a backpack.

The surveillance footage was released three days after the attack that left three people dead, wounded more than 170, and cast a dark shadow over one of this city's most joyous traditions.

Orr reports that after releasing the video, the FBI is hoping for tips that will identify men. Investigators are using facial recognition software; scouring criminal databases; and trying to to find a match. They have some potential names for these suspects but they are currently unable to match.

- Cell phone logs may ID mystery man in Boston bomb video
- Bombing investigators focus on possible suspect in surveillance video
- Complete coverage: Bombing Marathon bombings

Earlier Thursday, President Barack Obama paid a visit under heavy security to offer reassurance to the city and a warning to those responsible for the attack: "We will find you."

At an interfaith service honoring the three people killed and more than 180 wounded in Monday's twin blasts, the president sought to inspire a stricken city and comfort an unnerved nation, declaring that Boston "will run again."

"We may be momentarily knocked off our feet," Obama said at the Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Cross. "But we'll pick ourselves up. We'll keep going. We will finish the race."

The crowd applauded as Obama warned those who carried out the attack: "Yes, we will find you. And, yes, you will face justice."

There was a heavy police presence around the cathedral as residents lined up before dawn, hoping to get one of the roughly 2,000 seats inside. By 9 a.m., they were being turned away.

Among those who couldn't get a ticket was 18-year-old Eli Philips. The college student was a marathon volunteer and was wearing his volunteer jacket. He said he was still shocked that "something that was euphoric went so bad."

Ricky Hall of Cambridge showed up at 8 a.m. but was turned away from the line to get inside that was already stretching down at least two city blocks.

"I came to pay my respects to the victims," he said. He said he was also angry that someone would desecrate the marathon, and he urged maximum punishment for the perpetrators.

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said he shared the frustration that those responsible were still at large, but he said solving the case will not "happen by magic."

"It's going to happen by doing the careful work that must be done in a thorough investigation," Patrick said. "That means going through the couple of blocks at the blast scene square inch by square inch and picking up pieces of evidence and following those trails, and that's going to take some time."

The bombs were crudely fashioned from ordinary kitchen pressure cookers packed with explosives, nails and ball bearings, investigators and others close to the case said. Investigators suspect the devices were then hidden in black duffel bags and left on the ground.

Seven bombing victims remained in critical condition.

Dr. Peter Burke, chief of trauma surgery at Boston Medical Center, said Thursday that one of the youngest victims, a 5-year-old boy is getting better and "is going to be OK." A blast can often compress a child's chest, bruising the lungs and heart, he said, adding he is pleased with the boy's progress.

Dozens of victims have been released from hospitals, and officials at three hospitals that treated some of the most seriously injured said they expected all their remaining patients to survive.

The blasts killed 8-year-old Martin Richard of Boston, 29-year-old Krystle Campbell of Medford, and Lu Lingzi, a Boston University graduate student from China.

M80DXI932OE

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580325/fbi-releases-video-of-2-boston-bombing-suspects/

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 05:51 PM
2 min slow

Albanian, Lebanese or Algerians....my first guess

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 06:03 PM
So the FBI is supposed to be releasing the video with the two guys any minute now. .

see above

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 06:18 PM
related?

Suspected Bomb Being Investigated in Sweetwater: Cops

The suspected bomb was addressed to President Obama and others, officials said.

Sweetwater Police and Miami-Dade Bomb Squad are on the scene. No other details were immediately available.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Suspected-Bomb-Investigated-in-Sweetwater-Addressed-to-President-Obama-203669941.html

Vis
04-18-2013, 06:44 PM
They might be looking for suspects here

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
They might be looking for suspects here

here?

I suspect we have many swarthy types

you know, I never trusted that Galax guy, something just not right about him

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2013, 01:28 AM
2 min slow

Albanian, Lebanese or Algerians....my first guess
wouldn't be an albanian. they love the US for kicking out the serbs and handing them their own country... infact they have statues of both bush and clinton.

Albanians, in Albanian proper and in Kosovo, love America. Perhaps contradictorily, they also love George W. Bush and Bill Clinton. Pristina, Kosovo’s capital, is probably the only city in the world with both George W. Bush and Bill Clinton boulevards.

Albanians love 42 for his support of the 11-week NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999, which led to the Serbian military withdrawal from Kosovo and the placement of the province under United Nations administration, and 43 for supporting Kosovo’s declaration of independence from Serbia in February last year.

But now Kosovo Albanians have shown their special gratitude to Clinton — who is seen as the architect of the NATO bombing campaign — by erecting a giant, 10-foot tall, golden statue of the former U.S. President.

Clinton visited Pristina for the statue’s unveiling, but appeared slightly sheepish about the whole thing:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaIP6Jh86c

Bush got a similar hero’s welcome in Albania in June 2007, when he made an official visit there. The capital Tirana was festooned with American flags and huge posters of Bush’s face, in a style reminiscent of the city’s communist-era parades. It was strange to see the giant, concrete pyramid that had been built by Albanian’s former communist dictator Enver Hoxha as his tomb draped in red, white and blue.

Eight months later, Kosovo Albanians waved American flags and held aloft “We love America” signs during their independence celebrations.

All this was at a time when America wasn’t exactly the most popular kid on the global playground.

Kosovo (the ethnically Albanian parts, at least) and Albania are still probably the two most pro-American places in the world — they may even be more pro-American than America. At the very least, they’ve shown greater enthusiasm for America’s recent foreign escapades than the American people as a whole.

Albania, which recently got into NATO with U.S. backing, has been loyal supporter of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has sent hundreds of troops to the two conflicts. America was even able to use its leverage there to coerce the poor Balkan country into taking some of the prisoners — most of them Chinese Uyghurs — who they wanted to release from Guantanamo Bay but for various reasons couldn’t send to their home countries.

For the Bush administration, support from Kosovo and Albania, both majority Muslim, was seen as an important counterargument to allegations that America was waging a war on Islam.

But the new Clinton statue may be bad news for Bush. Kosovo was probably the only state in the world that might have erected a statue to him and it’s unlikely even they will adorn their streets with two giant statues of American presidents.

Lady Steel
04-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Boston LIve feeds. Stuff is going down! It's also on CNN.

http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Boston bombing suspect on the loose, police say

(CNN) -- [Update 5:15 a.m.]

(CNN) Violence terrorized Bostonians overnight, and police believe two suspects involved could be the same men who allegedly planted bombs that killed three in the Boston Marathon Monday.

One was shot dead early Friday, and the other is still on the loose, authorities said.

One of the men, "suspect number 2" in Monday's bombing, is still at large in the Boston suburb of Watertown, where dozens of officers from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies have fanned out to track him down, said transit police spokesman Paul MacMillan.

He is believed to be armed and dangerous. Police warned residents to lock their homes and stay away from their windows and doors.

Police: 1 suspect dead, 1 on the run

The other suspect was shot in an exchange of gunfire with transit police and later pronounced dead at a local hospital, according to a statement from the Massachusetts district attorney.

Police believe he could be suspect number 1 in the marathon attack.

Original story below posted: [Posted 4:05 a.m.]

Two violent incidents kept Bostonians on edge over night, just days after the bombing of the iconic Boston Marathon. It started with the shooting death of a college police officer Thursday night and ended with a carjacking that may have involved explosives early Friday.

Police believe at least one suspect used explosives against their officers in the second incident.

Howling sirens pierced the night quiet, and flashing lights lit up the darkness, as dozens of officers from state and city police responded to the deadly shooting on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. Hardly an hour later, they were chasing at least one suspect in a hijacked vehicle less than five miles away.

Police cornered the vehicle in the suburb of Watertown and arrested a suspect. He may have used explosives in the futile attempt to elude police, police spokesman Dave Procopio told CNN.

CNN photographer Gabe Ramirez arrived in Watertown as the chase ended.

Two suspects, one stripped down

"Police were in a standoff with the vehicle just down the hill," Ramirez said. They ordered one suspect out and commanded him to strip down completely naked before putting him in a patrol car, which did not leave the scene.

FBI agents approached the squad car, and police ordered the suspect back out of the car. FBI agents questioned him -- still fully undressed -- on the sidewalk.

Later, police lead the man in handcuffs to a patrol car.

Officers quickly locked down the streets of the Watertown neighborhood after isolating the vehicle. The Boston Police Department said in a statement that they consider the incident to be still active and ask that residents remain in their homes.

Police carrying assault rifles ran down the streets, according to CNN affiliate WCVB, which broadcast images from the area.

In an early phase of the lock down, a man could be seen lying face down on the street in a surrender pose with his hands outstretched in front of him and his legs crossed. It is unclear if he was the suspect arrested.

Explosives once more

Police requested that people in the area turn off their cell phones.

CNN Senior producer David Fitzpatrick reported hearing a loud bang Friday morning in Watertown after the police had stopped the vehicle, but police have not confirmed an explosion.

Dozens of police from various units arrived in Watertown, some in SWAT uniforms, others wearing helmets. Large crowds gathered around a trove of emergency vehicles that had congregated in the neighborhood, WCVB reported.

Homeland Security Investigations has deployed agents to Watertown to try to determine if there is a connection between the Marathon bombing Monday and tonight's violence, a Homeland Security spokesman told CNN.

Police also said they were going door to door, street by street, searching the Watertown area.

It is still unclear if the arrest in Watertown was related to the shooting on the MIT campus or any other incident in the Boston area.

Residents in the area have been on edge after two bombs ripped through the crowd near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring 178 others.

Federal, state and local agencies are still investigating the marathon bombing, and police were seeking two suspects in the attack, who were still at large.

How the night erupted

The mayhem began, after a university police officer died in a shooting on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge late Thursday, state police spokesman Lt. Mark Riley said.

The MIT officer was responding to a disturbance when he was fired upon, according to the state district attorney's office. He sustained "multiple gunshot wounds."

State police and the FBI were called in after the shooting and found the campus policeman near Building 32 on MIT's campus. He was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, the district attorney's office said.

The university issued a statement of condolence. "MIT is heartbroken by the news that an MIT Police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty," it read.

Dozens of officers surrounded and cordoned off the building, known as the Stata Center, which houses computer science laboratories as well as the department of linguistics and philosophy, according to MIT's website.

The university, which lies adjacent to the city of Boston, had requested people stay away from the building, but have since said the campus is safe and that the suspect is no longer present.

Students and faculty received e-mails to alert them to the event, CNN affiliate WCVB reported.

Many news media outlets are in the area covering the investigation into Monday's bombings and arrived at MIT to cover the shooting, WCVB reported.

Within an hour, police were called to respond to the carjacking, which lead them on the chase through Watertown.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html

Vis
04-19-2013, 06:31 AM
don't need them dead.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 06:52 AM
F.B.I. joins expanded search for missing Brown student

PROVIDENCE, R.I. _ The F.B.I. is assisting Providence police in the search for the missing Brown University student, which has expanded to Boston, Connecticut, New York and Philadelphia.

Sunil Tripathi, a philosophy major at Brown who grew up in Bryn Mawr, Pa., was last seen in the campus area on Friday, March 15, at about 7:30 p.m., according to a statement from the university.

His wallet, ID cards, credit cards and cell phone found were in his room, his sister, Sangeeta Tripathi said.

Sangeeta Tripathi, confirmed reports Sunday that the F.B.I. is assisting the Providence police in the investigation. She said that foul play is unlikely, though nothing has been ruled out.

Sunil Tripathi has been living in Providence since 2008. He was on approved leave from Brown.

Brown University reported Saturday that the search is expanding outside of Providence to Boston, Connecticut, New York, and Philadelphia.

Tripathi is 6 feet tall and was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black ski jacket, glasses and a wool hat.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2013/03/providence-ri---the-fbi.html

---------------------

MSNBC has said not students, permanent residents who are Chechen or Turkish.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 07:06 AM
let's see how right they are this time

Boston bomb suspects from Russia region near Chechnya, lived in US at least 1 year

WASHINGTON (AP) — AP sources: Boston bomb suspects from Russia region near Chechnya, lived in US at least 1 year.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/AP-sources-Boston-bomb-suspects-from-Russia-4447187.php

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Lockdown in Massachusetts: One suspect dead; manhunt on for second Boston Bombings ‘terrorist’

One suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is dead after a violent stand-off with police in Massachusetts, and another–his 19-year-old brother– is still at large.

A manhunt for the second suspect, who appeared in a white hat in photos released by the FBI, is ongoing in nearby Watertown, Mass.

The fugitive is Djhokar Tsarnaez, a resident of Cambridge, MA. He has a Massachusetts driver’s license. Authorities say the Tsarnaez brothers lived in Cambridge but were not students.

They are said to be Chechens who were legal permanent residents of the United States.

Authorities are telling residents of Watertown and neighboring areas to stay indoors and not to answer their doors. People of the Newtown, Waltham, Belmont, Cambridge, and Austin-Brighton have also been asked to stay home. “We’re asking businesses in the area to not open today until we can provide further guidance and information,” said a representative of the Massachusetts state police. Public transit services have also been suspended, and there will be no vehicle traffic in Watertown.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/04/19/guns-and-explosives-a-violent-standoff-in-watertown-after-a-shooting-at-mit/

Vis
04-19-2013, 07:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BINRJEbCIAEOMkl.png:large

Vis
04-19-2013, 07:56 AM
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/19/fbi_releases_close_ups_of_suspect_1_suspect_2_s_fa ces/Suspect1Zoom.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Dead

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_slatest/2013/04/19/fbi_releases_close_ups_of_suspect_1_suspect_2_s_fa ces/Suspect2closeup.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

On the run

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Confirmed - they are Muslims, with bombs strapped to them.
Shut down our borders and round up every single Muslim male and deport them all immediately

End immigration permanently from all Muslim countries.

End immigration from all countries for 5 years, minimum.

Nuke Mecca, just to be sure.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect At Large Named As Dzhokhar Tsarnaev By Officials

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1094930/thumbs/r-DZHOKHAR-A-TSARNAEV-BOSTON-BOMBER-2-WATERTOWN-large570.jpg?6

The surviving Boston bomb suspect has been named as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Massachusetts, US officials have said.

His 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, has been named as the second suspect who died following a police shootout earlier this morning.

Dzhokhar was identified as the curly-haired man, wearing a white baseball cap, in pictures released by police.

He has several references to Chechnya on the profile, and lists his "world view" as Islam and his "personal priority" as career and money.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/19/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston-bombing-suspect_n_3114920.html

http://www.stolly.org.uk/DjoharTsarnaev.png

JonM229
04-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Shut down our borders and round up every single Muslim male and deport them all immediately

Why don't we just put them in our old Internment camps? It worked wonders in WWII.

Buddha Bus
04-19-2013, 08:59 AM
His personal priority should probably be changed to "acquiring 72 virgins ASAP".

Vis
04-19-2013, 09:08 AM

^The next time you ever say anything about the Constitution again you will be even more obviously a fool.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 10:45 AM
^The next time you ever say anything about the Constitution again you will be even more obviously a fool.

sorry - this means all out war against radical jihadist Muslims - everything else is secondary to eliminating this threat inside our country

do you want more Americans to die?

sleeper cells are out in the open now - hunt every one them down like dogs

ask Putin - he knows how to put the boot on the neck of these Chechnyan terrorists

Vis
04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
sorry - this means all out war against radical jihadist Muslims - everything else is secondary to eliminating this threat inside our country

do you want more Americans to die?

sleeper cells are out in the open now - hunt every one them down like dogs

ask Putin - he knows how to put the boot on the neck of these Chechnyan terrorists

Some (a couple million) Americans are Muslims yet you just advocated rounding them up and sending somewhere else.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 11:18 AM
let's stick to the subject

destroying every single jihadist terrorist bomber in our country

now watch the media try to turn your mad dog Muslim jihadist bombers into some poor misunderstood youth

Vis
04-19-2013, 11:22 AM
let's stick to the subject

destroying every single radical muslim jihadist bomber terrorist in our country

The current subject is this bullshit:

Now, everyone is for rounding up every single radical muslim jihadist bomber terrorist. Do you have a list?

MACH1
04-19-2013, 11:28 AM

Now, everyone is for rounding up every single radical muslim jihadist bomber terrorist. Do you have a list?

It's better to have free ranging radical muslim jihadist bomber terrorist. So lets not do anything at all.

Vis
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
It's better to have free ranging radical muslim jihadist bomber terrorist. So lets not do anything at all.

Is free ranging the right term here or is it "organic"?

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 11:33 AM

Do you have a list?

oh, you'd love to try and change the subject, I know

what I say doesn't matter

read the title of this thread

We have one Muslim dead with a bomb strapped to him and another about to be dead.

changing the subject is just the kind of thing I'd expect from radical jihad sympathizers at this critical time though

Vis
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
oh, you'd love to try and change the subject, I know

what I say doesn't matter

read the title of this thread

We have one Muslim dead with a bomb strapped to him and another about to be dead.

changing the subject is just the kind of thing I'd expect from radical jihad sympathizers at this critical time though

We don't need the other one to be dead, we need him alive. We also don't reactionary rhetoric of the kind you used and are now too much of a coward to own.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 12:01 PM
I'll say whatever I want to get under your skin - hahahahaha - you knew that was for you, right?

like anything we say here means shit anyway

however it IS important they end this and kill this fucker or whatever ASAP

Pens game moved to noon

Vis
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I'll say whatever I want to get under your skin - hahahahaha

like anything we say here means shit anyway

however it IS important they end this and kill this fucker or whatever ASAP

Pens got a game tonight in Boston

#NHL has not made decision on #pens #Bruins game. Monitoring situation in Boston. There are no avail dates to make up game.

It is stupid to kill him if he can be caught alive. Is there a third or fourth person who helped in any way? Is there a leader who sent these two out? You can't ask a corpse.

SteelerEmpire
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I can see the excuse of the 2nd suspect if he's caught alive, "we ran because we were scared".

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
listen to his daddy - now HE'S threatening to kill YOU

Bombers’ father tells son to surrender, threatens US

The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber called on his son today to give up peacefully, but warned the U.S. that if his son is killed “all hell will break loose.”

Anzor Tsarnaev spoke to ABC News from his home in the Russian city of Makhachkala as Boston police carried out an intense dragnet for his son Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. ….

The elder Tsarnaev insisted that his sons were innocent, but said he would appeal to his son to “surrender peacefully”

“Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia,” the dad said.

The father warned, however, “If they killed him, then all hell would break loose.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/1...-threatens-us/

Vis
04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I can see the excuse of the 2nd suspect if he's caught alive, "we ran because we were scared".

He's more likely to give his justifications.

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 12:51 PM
"Come home to Russia"? I hate to break it to you pal, but even if your son is caught alive (and the likelihood of that is hovering at or around 0) he's going to be in prison for the rest of his life. That, or he'll be killed by the general population in prison.

Vis
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
"Come home to Russia"? I hate to break it to you pal, but even if your son is caught alive (and the likelihood of that is hovering at or around 0) he's going to be in prison for the rest of his life. That, or he'll be killed by the general population in prison.

He'll be in isolation for years before a trial and then sent to a supermax. No general population.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 01:45 PM
holy shit - the media is now twisting themselves in knots trying NOT to label these "poor misunderstood youths" as muslim terrorists

"let's try to understand these poor misguided Chechen immigrants"

what a load of fucking bullshit

Vis
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPuUsYCtPwgb_NBDc_Y2PdenExr6BFSrz

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Chechen President blames AMERICA for Boston bomb suspects' acts of evil

Chechnya's Russian-backed president has hit out at America for killing one of the suspected Boston Marathon bombers and blamed the US for moulding them into terrorists.

Chechen-born Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died from gunshot wounds and possible blast injuries after a fierce gun battle rocked the Watertown area of Boston hours after a police officer was shot dead at the nearby MIT campus.

His 19-year-old brother, Dzhokha, fled the shoot out and is on the run, reportedly having strapped explosives to his body.

But President Ramzan Kadyrov, a former Chechen rebel himself, told US authorities that 'any attempt to draw a connection' between Chechnya and the brothers was 'futile'.

In a Russian-language statement on Instagram, he added: 'They were raised in the United States, and their attitudes and beliefs were formed there. "

'It is necessary to seek the roots of this evil in America."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311664/Chechen-President-blames-AMERICA-Boston-bomb-suspects-acts-evil-immoral-upbringing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

----------------------

He would make a good Democrat

Vis
04-19-2013, 02:30 PM
In a Russian-language statement on Instagram, he added: 'They were raised in the United States, and their attitudes and beliefs were formed there. "

'It is necessary to seek the roots of this evil in America."

That's not blaming America. He's saying that whatever bs made them evil, they learned here. That could be true. It doesn't mean they learned it in an American civics class.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Putin carpet-bombed the Chechens after they turned mass-murdering child killers - it was a savage decade long war they both fought.

I'd rather we just stayed out of all that.

Put a bullet in this boy's brain and let's be done with it.

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Eerie Photos Of Boston On Lockdown

Barry Petchesky

Boston is closed for business. Buses, trains and taxis are not running. Residents have been urged to stay indoors and lock their doors. The city looks like a ghost town.

The above photo, of the usually packed Downtown Crossing, comes from WBUR's Steve Brown. We've trolled social media and various Boston-area webcams for more images of the silent Hub. (If you find more, leave them in the discussion below.)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18l4ig73vtyhajpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18l4ii844di5cjpg/original.jpg

http://deadspin.com/boston-is-empty-476448732

-- Deadspin was more accurate and more on the ball with reporting about this story than CNN, Fox and NBC put together.

Vis
04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Putin carpet-bombed the Chechens after they turned mass-murdering child killers - it was a savage decade long war they both fought.

I'd rather we just stayed out of all that.

Put a bullet in this boy's brain and let's be done with it.

You really want him dead before he can talk. Hmmmm

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
It is stupid to kill him if he can be caught alive. Is there a third or fourth person who helped in any way? Is there a leader who sent these two out? You can't ask a corpse.
good idea...send him to gitmo for water boarding sessions !!! :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2013, 05:10 PM
so the government wants to save americans from americans with gun control laws , but yet they issue visas and citizenship to radical muslims hell bent on killing us.
one could make the argument "you can't judge millions of people by the acts of a few crazy people" , but yet when it comes to gun control they chose to focus on the ones committing crimes to set policy rather then the millions of law abiding gun owning citizens.
below is picture of mach , a law abiding citizen and gun owner out target shooting with his AR-15...

http://ricorambles.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/rifle.jpg

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Maret Tsarnaev, Toronto Aunt Of Boston Bombing Suspects: 'This Was Staged'

Maret Tsarnaev, an aunt of the Boston bombing suspects who lives in Toronto, defended the two men and shed light on their family and background in a number of media interviews Friday.

"My first reaction is, ‘Why the hell would they do this?’ But when I go through all the material, it’s not giving anything … the whole world is now making a decision now by just seeing these pictures and not having anything else,” she told the Toronto Sun.

LIVE UPDATES

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in a gun battle with police overnight. While Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, is still on the run from police.

Maret revealed that the two men came to the United States as refugees in the early 2000s. She told the National Post that Tamerlan was married to a "devout Christian woman" and had a small child.

She also said she has not seen the boys for several years but spoke to Tamerlan two years ago when his daughter was born.

The Daily Mail reported that Tamerlan was married to Katherine Russell, a college student from Rhode Island. The couple had a yopung daughter, Zahara.

When asked at a press conference whether the two men were devout Muslims Maret hesitated. "[Tamerlan] was not devout, practicing. But recently, two years ago maybe, he started praying five times a day," she said.

"I know them as angels. I’m suspicious that this was staged," Maret told the National Post on Friday.

"I do not believe these two boys have done that act of atrocity killing those people on the street and I will not believe that until, until I get evidence," she said in the lobby of her west-end Toronto apartment building.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/19/maret-tsarnaev-toronto-aunt-bombing_n_3117735.html

-- She makes Canadians look so stupid. :facepalm:

Vis
04-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Maret Tsarnaev, Toronto Aunt Of Boston Bombing Suspects: 'This Was Staged'

Maret Tsarnaev, an aunt of the Boston bombing suspects who lives in Toronto, defended the two men and shed light on their family and background in a number of media interviews Friday.

"My first reaction is, ‘Why the hell would they do this?’ But when I go through all the material, it’s not giving anything … the whole world is now making a decision now by just seeing these pictures and not having anything else,” she told the Toronto Sun.

LIVE UPDATES

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in a gun battle with police overnight. While Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, is still on the run from police.

Maret revealed that the two men came to the United States as refugees in the early 2000s. She told the National Post that Tamerlan was married to a "devout Christian woman" and had a small child.

She also said she has not seen the boys for several years but spoke to Tamerlan two years ago when his daughter was born.

The Daily Mail reported that Tamerlan was married to Katherine Russell, a college student from Rhode Island. The couple had a yopung daughter, Zahara.

When asked at a press conference whether the two men were devout Muslims Maret hesitated. "[Tamerlan] was not devout, practicing. But recently, two years ago maybe, he started praying five times a day," she said.

"I know them as angels. I’m suspicious that this was staged," Maret told the National Post on Friday.

"I do not believe these two boys have done that act of atrocity killing those people on the street and I will not believe that until, until I get evidence," she said in the lobby of her west-end Toronto apartment building.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/19/maret-tsarnaev-toronto-aunt-bombing_n_3117735.html

-- She makes Canadians look so stupid. :facepalm:

I don't know. Glenn Beck says it's the Saudis. Alex Jones said it was the FBI but now thinks the brothers look Israeli.

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't know. Glenn Beck says it's the Saudis. Alex Jones said it was the FBI but now thinks the brothers look Israeli.

Alex Jones might be the dumbest most loudmouth piece of shit currently anywhere in media.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 06:42 PM
"Life after people"

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1269/emptyboston.jpg

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
oops!

Obama got some explaining to do!

Mother Of Boston Bombing Suspects Says FBI Was In Contact With Her Son

Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, the mother of Boston bombing suspects Dzhokar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, suggested Friday that the FBI had been surveilling her older son for several years prior to Monday's attack.

In an interview with Russia Today Friday, Tsarnaeva said that Tamerlan Tsarnaev got involved in "religious politics" five years ago, and that the FBI had previously contacted her about her son's activities.

"He was controlled by the FBI, like for three, five years," she said. "They knew what my son was doing, they knew what actions and what sites on the Internet he was going [to], they used to come...and talk to me...they were telling me that he was really a serious leader and they were afraid of him."

http://www.businessinsider.com/tsarnaev-brothers-mother-fbi-boston-bombing-2013-4#ixzz2Qx0WZsOq

--------------------------

Obama's FBI Let Boston Bomber Go Two Years Ago

FBI amends earlier assertion to Bob Orr that they had no prior contact with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the bomb suspect killed in standoff

FBI now acknowledges they interviewed Tsarnaev 2 years ago at the request of a foreign country about possible extremist ties

They maintain that they did not find any derogatory information about him and closed the file

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/325375974277529600

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 06:59 PM
And if he did arrest or detain him, both sides would've been bitching about either a police state or the government rounding up American citizens because the 'New World Order' is coming.

He was in a no-win situation.

MACH1
04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Looking like he went to meet his 32 virgins.

MfmYCM4CS8o

MACH1
04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Oops Maybe spoke to soon, saying he's still wiggling around.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 10:17 PM
I wonder if boat insurance covers bullet holes from shoot-outs

oh well, they got him

send him to gitmo for a dozen years of torture before he gets to the courts - that's what I say

and while he's there, amputate one of his legs so he knows how his victims feel

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 10:19 PM
'We got him!': Boston bombing suspect captured alive

By Pete Williams, Richard Esposito, Michael Isikoff and Tracy Connor, NBC News

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured alive but wounded Friday night -- holed up in a boat in a suburban backyard following a bloody rampage that left a cop dead and a daylong manhunt that shut down the city.

The arrest of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, and the earlier death of his brother during a firefight with cops, ended five days of terror sowed by the double bombing at the marathon finish line, which killed three people, wounded 176 and left the city of Boston on edge.

"We got him," Boston Mayor Tom Menino tweeted.

"CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won," the Boston Police Department said on its Twitter account.

Cops cheered as the suspect was taken into custody in Watertown, Mass. just before 9 p.m., and residents flooded the streets, some chanting, "USA!"

Police cornered Tsarnaev -- a naturalized U.S. citizen of Chechen origin -- around 7 p.m., less than an hour after police lifted a stay-indoors order for the city and its suburbs.

A resident went outside to smoke and noticed a tarp on the boat was flapping, a relative told NBC News. When he went to investigate, he saw what looked like a curled-up person and bloody clothes.

The man "freaked out," ran into the house and called police, the relative said.

Thermal imaging from helicopters confirmed there was a person in the boat, officials said.

Over the course of two hours, several bursts of gunfire could be heard. The police threw flash-bang grenades designed to disorient and brought a negotiator to the scene as night fell.

Just before 9 p.m., the wounded Tsarnaev was taken into custody. "He sustained significant blood loss," a law enforcement official at the scene said.

As an ambulance took the suspect to a hospital -- where he was in serious condition -- people lining the streets applauded in joy and relief.

“We are so grateful to be here right now, so grateful to able to bring justice and closure to this case,” said Massachusetts State Police Col. Timothy Alben said at a briefing. “We’re exhausted, folks, but we have a victory here.”

Gov. Deval Patrick said the people of the state could "rest easy" but noted that there were many unanswered questions. Police have not released a motive for the bombing and they were still investigating whether Tsarnaev and his brother had help.

He will be questioned by a federal team called the High Value Detainee Interrogation Group, which includes officials of the FBI, CIA, and Defense Department, an Obama administration official said.

His apprehension capped a manhunt that had the city of Boston and its suburbs on total lockdown after the execution of a college campus patrol officer, a carjacking and the death of Tsarnaev's 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan, during a 200-bullet confrontation with cops.

The overnight violence had triggered an extraordinary shutdown of transportation, schools and businesses in Boston and its surrounding suburbs, with police warning more than a million people to hunker down behind locked doors while SWAT teams fanned out and bomb squads collected seven homemade explosive devices.

The brothers' bloody last stand began about five hours after the FBI released surveillance photos of two "extremely dangerous" men suspected of planting two bombs near the finish line of Monday's Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding 176.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17823265-we-got-him-boston-bombing-suspect-captured-alive?lite

-- Enjoy prison asshole. I'm shocked they got this guy alive. Huge props to the BPD, BFD and the first responders, as well as the Boston citizens that helped the injured after the blast. I loved the patriotism from the people in Boston in the streets right now chanting "USA!" too.

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM
he doesn't seem to be shot up too bad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIQoJd-CcAAo6Mc.jpg:large

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Graphic death images of Tamerlan Tsarnaev or "suspect 1" are on liveleak right now. Trust me, they're pretty graphic and not for the weak stomach.

One more warning, it's graphic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c0e_1366394274

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 10:41 PM
looks like his brother ran over his head with the car

oh well

SteelersCanada
04-19-2013, 10:43 PM
looks like his brother ran over his head with the car

oh well

Do you know what caused those huge slices in his chest / ribs?

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 10:58 PM

I see some betadine stain - - maybe it was surgical - car coulda crushed his chest too and then they opened him up for open heart massage or something

Fire Haley
04-19-2013, 11:24 PM
You really want him dead before he can talk. Hmmmm

I din't think it was worth the trouble to keep him alive.

But now he will be tried in fed. court, convicted, and executed.

still a waste of taxpayers money, his brother most likely was the only one with any intel

ricardisimo
04-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I wonder if boat insurance covers bullet holes from shoot-outs

oh well, they got him

send him to gitmo for a dozen years of torture before he gets to the courts - that's what I say

and while he's there, amputate one of his legs so he knows how his victims feel
Spoken like a true patriot. God bless America.

tony hipchest
04-19-2013, 11:41 PM

well I agree in principle about the American Way but the little f*** stick and his corpse brother shoulda stayed there ass in Russia and farmed land or something. they like many others did not deserve the American dream.if I were in the backseat of that cruiser or ambulance with him I would have at least put out my cigarette inside of his ear and probably crushed his nuts to the point where he would wish he were a eunoch in prison.

tony hipchest
04-19-2013, 11:49 PM

reports are he had wounds from an IED most likely strapped to his chest. It's unclear whether he detonated it himself or if it detonated in the shootout.

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 05:16 AM

you questioning my patriotism?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/letterbox.jpg

lets see your medals

Vis
04-20-2013, 05:17 AM
you questioning my patriotism?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/letterbox.jpg

lets see your medals

You brought those out just for this thread? Are they in your car for traffic disputes?

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 05:18 AM
I bet you spit on soldiers in your offtime

Vis
04-20-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm questioning what using that display as some kind of trump card in an internet forum argument says about who you are now, not then.

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 05:40 AM

AF 22 yrs - retired

let's see 1986, I was at Elmendorf, Alaska

fishin' was the mission

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/scan0008.jpg

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm questioning what using that display as some kind of trump card in an internet forum .......blah blah

you haven't earned the right to question anybody

figures you'd hate all military too

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 06:26 AM
You brought those out just for this thread? Are they in your car for traffic disputes?

was I talking to you?

fucker questioned my patriotism - I figured he was in the military and we could compare

Vis
04-20-2013, 06:30 AM
was I talking to you?

fucker questioned my patriotism - I figured he was in the military and we could compare

The water's cold.

And deep.

Vis
04-20-2013, 06:30 AM
you haven't earned the right to question anybody

figures you'd hate all military too

How did you become so small?

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 06:45 AM
I had to keep my mouth shut for 20+ years about self-centered libs that have never ever risked or sacrificed a single moment of their comfy lives for their country.

Now I'm taking it out on you

Did you like that pic of me sitting on Saddam's throne with my Steelers flag?

I'm sure you remember that

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 07:08 AM
I'd laugh if he ends up in gitmo

No Miranda rights for bombing suspect

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect captured Friday night will not be immediately read his Miranda rights, a Justice Department official said.

“No Miranda warning to be given” now, the Justice official said. “The government will be invoking the public safety exception.”

“The Law of War allows us to hold individual in this scenario as potential enemy combatant w/o Miranda warnings or appointment of counsel,” the senator added later in the evening. “I hope the Obama Administration will seriously consider this option….The goal is to gather intelligence and protect our nation which is under threat from radical Islam.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/no-miranda-rights-for-now-for-bombing-suspect-90362.html?hp=f1

----------------------------------

where's the ACLU?

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 07:16 AM
Time to build that wall - with automatic gun turrets

Radical Muslims are training to ‘act like Hispanics’ to get into the U.S

Rep. Louie Gohmert today warned the world that “radical Islamists” are being trained to “act like Hispanic[s]” to get into the United States from Mexico.

“We know al Qaeda has camps over with the drug cartels on the other side of the Mexican border,” the Republican from Tyler said on C-SPAN Wednesday morning. “We know that people that are now being trained to come in and act like Hispanic when they are radical Islamists. We know these things are happening. It is just insane not to protect ourselves, to make sure that people come in as most people do. They want the freedoms we have.”

Gohmert compared the United States to Israel, saying the Middle Eastern nation said “enough” and “built a fence and the rest is a wall to prevent snipers from knocking off their kids. They finally stopped the domestic violence from people that wanted to destroy them. I am concerned we might need to do that as well.”

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/04/louies-latest-gohmert-says-radical-muslims-are-training-to-act-like-hispanics-to-get-into-the-u-s/

JonM229
04-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Where is this congressman's proof?

Arabs don't look anything like Mexicans anyway, other than brown skin.

JonM229
04-20-2013, 08:36 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/539801_10151568298463606_21901735_n.png

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 08:40 AM

now that's funny

what do "Arabs" look like?

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/527975_514100541974356_133773878_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/6303_526051274112616_382207742_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/602078_516423738408703_575433158_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/p480x480/484809_529847373733006_1350373994_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/557689_509258619125215_1847287910_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/555300_517981871586223_1327945136_n.jpg

fer522
04-20-2013, 01:51 PM
How the fuck do us Mexicans or hispanics act anyways? This senator is a fucking idiot
All these radical fuckers don't have to go to Mexico for anything they came to this beautiful country (a country that I love more than my country of birth BTW) LEGALLY!!!.
I hope what he meant was that they're gonna start working construction,landscaping or shit like because us HISPANICS DO NOT fly planes into buildings or set off bomb killing innocent people for no reason at all

mikegrimey
04-20-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm questioning what using that display as some kind of trump card in an internet forum argument says about who you are now, not then.

Agreed
Completely pointless, I'm sure there's a lot of current and retired military on this site, it's not germane to any rational argument.

Fire Haley
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
yeah, yeah I'm a dick

next time somebody calls me unpatriotic I'll just tell him I fucked his mom

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
How the fuck do us Mexicans or hispanics act anyways? ll
well a good start is by ignoring the laws and sovereignty of a country by entering it illegally. then you hold protest and demand rights reserved for citizens and demand citizenship , all while waving the flag of the country you just fled...:noidea:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/05/10/nyregion/10mexican-cityroom/10mexican-cityroom-blog480.jpg

fer522
04-21-2013, 06:52 PM
well a good start is by ignoring the laws and sovereignty of a country by entering it illegally. then you hold protest and demand rights reserved for citizens and demand citizenship , all while waving the flag of the country you just fled...:noidea:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/05/10/nyregion/10mexican-cityroom/10mexican-cityroom-blog480.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2013, 12:48 AM
your post was in response to killers post which contained a quote about about arabs posing as mexicans to cross the southern border. that's how we got to this point.
i am not "offended" , by you or any other mexican and i am not anti immigration as long as they come through the front door announced. what i am offended by , and so should every other american , is an illegal protesting and waving another countries flag on american soil. i'm not suggesting you ditch your heritage , but if you wanna be an american , then be an american , if you wanna be a mexican , then stay in mexico.

ricardisimo
04-22-2013, 06:09 AM
was I talking to you?

Am I the fucker who questioned your patriotism? For the record I did nothing of the sort. I just take an abysmally dim view of patriotism. Last refuge of the scoundrels, and all that. I also enjoy pointing out to people who "love their country" that the things they really love are rather ugly sentiments.

ricardisimo
04-22-2013, 06:20 AM
now that's funny

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/527975_514100541974356_133773878_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/6303_526051274112616_382207742_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/602078_516423738408703_575433158_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/p480x480/484809_529847373733006_1350373994_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/557689_509258619125215_1847287910_n.jpg

Arab or Mexican?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/555300_517981871586223_1327945136_n.jpg
Don't forget Salma Hayek, who is both, and arguably the hottest woman on the planet (says me).

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 07:15 AM
It was a trick question quiz. They are all "Arabs".

https://www.facebook.com/ArabGirlsPhotos

Vis
04-22-2013, 08:31 AM
It was a trick question quiz. They are all "Arabs".

https://www.facebook.com/ArabGirlsPhotos

But the bombers aren't Arabs, they're caucasians.

JonM229
04-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Rep. Louie Gohmert probably just wants an excuse to keep all Mexicans out of the country, legal or not.

768h3Tz4Qik

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
But the bombers aren't Arabs, they're caucasians.

WE weren't talking about the bombers

here's another clue, nobody was talking to you

Vis
04-22-2013, 09:27 AM
WE weren't talking about the bombers

here's another clue, nobody was talking to you

Just posting stupid into the ether again are you?

Crazed killers come in all skin tones.

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Just posting stupid into the ether again are you?

Crazed killers come in all skin tones.

holy kee-rist you are one stupid fucking hick

we weren't talking about any terrorists

just 'comparing' Mexicans and Arabs

and it was I that was pointing out you can't tell an "Arab" by skin color

which you would of realized if your bothered to read the original exchange instead of shooting off your mouth into conversations in which you don't belong

again - shut your fucking pie-hole and stay out of my business

Vis
04-22-2013, 09:47 AM
holy kee-rist you are one stupid fucking hick

we weren't talking about any terrorists

just 'comparing' Mexicans and Arabs

and it was I that was pointing out you can't tell an "Arab" by skin color

which you would of realized if your bothered to read the original exchange instead of shooting off your mouth into conversations in which you don't belong

again - shut your fucking pie-hole and stay out of my business

This topic started by quoting that Texas rep who has a history of crazy anti-Mexican statements as he tries to cash in on fear of the brown. And this forum isn't your private business. Post here and you may get me responding with my usual disdain for most of your positions.

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
no - you're still stuck on stupid

Originally Posted by JonM229 - Arabs don't look anything like Mexicans anyway, other than brown skin.

Me: now that's funny

Arab or Mexican?

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
now, after scraping Vis off my shoes, back to the news

‘Terrorista#1′: Bragging license plate of friends of Tsarnaev

The two men arrested last night in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings drive a car with the licence plate that reads: ‘Terrorista #1’

The students, named be neighbours by their first names Azmat and Diaz, drive a black BMW 330XI with the personalised plate and a sticker on the back which reads: ‘F*** you, you f****** f****’.

They are thought to be from Kazakhstan and had not been seen since the bombings until last night when their ground floor apartment in New Bedford, MA, was raided by a dozen FBI agents at gunpoint

http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/files/2013/04/Boston-Marathon-bombers-freinds-License-Plate-Terrorista-1.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312123/Two-owners-Terrorista-1-BMW-believed-friends-surviving-Boston-bombing-suspect-taken-custody-second-time.html

waterboarding is too civilized, get out the pliers and blowtorch and make that fucker talk

FBI Evidence Photo Shows Boston Bomb Suspect Standing Near Child Later Killed In Marathon Blast

The photo, reproduced below, shows suspect #2 lurking several feet away from the metal barricade (and behind a trio of young women). Immediately to the left of the women is Martin Richard, the eight-year-old Dorchester boy who was killed by the explosion. To the child’s right is his seven-year-old sister Jane, who lost a leg in the blast.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/files/2013/04/Boston-Bomber-Richard-Martin-8-yr-boy-killed-Backpack-with-bomb-in-same-picture.jpg

http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/#ixzz2RC3W72m8

Vis
04-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Maybe it's real. Who makes a plate with UMASS Dartmouth and Terrorista? And who do they make them for given that MA requires a front plate?

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Details Emerge of Alleged Carjacking by Bomber Suspects

The alleged carjacking occurred at about 11 p.m. in Boston's Brighton neighborhood on Brighton Avenue, said the excerpt, which didn't name the victim.

According to the report, one of the brothers jumped out of a Honda Civic and reached in through the front passenger side window of the SUV, opened the door and pointed a silver colored semi-automatic pistol at the driver.

The gunman then ordered him to drive to Watertown and was followed by the Honda, the report said.

Once in Watertown, the victim was ordered to slide over to the passenger side, the report said. The two brothers then removed luggage from the Honda and loaded it into the trunk of the Mercedes, the report said.

From there, one of the brothers drove the Mercedes while the second sat behind the victim, the report said.

The victim told police he was driven to a Shell Gas Station on Memorial Drive in Watertown. Inside the car, the brothers "declared to [the victim] that they were the Boston Marathon bombers and would not kill him because he wasn't American," the report said.

When the victim saw an opportunity to flee, he ran to a nearby gas station where he asked the owner to call 911, the report said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578437642076883194.html

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 10:36 AM
"I Know Nothing!"

Feds Ask to Interview Wife of Suspected Bomber

Federal authorities have asked to speak with the wife of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and her lawyer said he is discussing with them how to proceed.

"When this allegedly was going on, she was working, and had been working all week to support her family," he told the AP.

He said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was off at college and she saw him "not at all" at the apartment they shared with her mother-in-law.

http://newsimages.emerald.synacor.com/ap_photos//833fb84e-f1ea-46d8-bb15-ad963b140a75.jpeg

She was raised Christian, but at some point after meeting Tamerlan Tsarnaev, she converted to Islam

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/feds-interview-wife-suspected-bomber-19012633

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Maybe it's real. Who makes a plate with UMASS Dartmouth and Terrorista? And who do they make them for given that MA requires a front plate?

maybe the car is registered in another state. It doesn't show the back plate. So it could be registered in another state that doesn't require a front and back plate.

twitter never lies

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-196672A8000005DC-317_634x475.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-196679DE000005DC-785_634x604.jpg

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
ha ha

Bill Maher: Equating Islamist and Christian Violence is 'Liberal BS'

Professor Brian Levin: religious extremism isn’t only a product of Islam

“You know what, yeah, yeah,” Maher said. “You know what — that’s liberal bullshit right there … they’re not as dangerous. I mean there’s only one faith, for example, that kills you or wants to kill you if you draw a bad cartoon of the prophet. There’s only one faith that kills you or wants to kill you if you renounce the faith. An ex-Muslim is a very dangerous thing. Talk to Salman Rushdie after the show about Christian versus Islam. So you know, I’m just saying let’s keep it real.”

The host also felt compelled to pre-empt a reflexive criticism that is a part of the political correctness that conditions nearly all public conversations.

“I am not an Islamophobe,” Maher said. “I am a truth lover. All religions are not alike. As many people have pointed out — ‘The Book of Mormon,’ did you see the show? … OK, can you imagine if they did ‘The Book of Islam?’ Could they do that? There’s only one religion that threatens violence and carries it out for things like that. Could they do “The Book of Islam” on Broadway?”

Professor Levin replied ‘possibly so,’ implying that such a show was foreseeable in the United States and Maher duly refuted it.

“You’re wrong about that and you’re wrong about your facts,” Maher said. “Now, obviously, most Muslim people are not terrorists. But ask most Muslim people in the world, if you insult the prophet, do you have what’s coming to you? It’s more than just a fringe element.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/47883-for-kira-maher-video/

Fire Haley
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
meanwhile, the terrorist deniers still refuse to believe

“The brothers told the driver they wouldn’t kill him because he wasn’t an American.”

JonM229
04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Must be nice to be smarter and more patriotic than everybody else

'Merica!

Fire Haley
04-23-2013, 12:15 AM
I have 0 tolerance for any of you Islamic terrorist sympathizers

Boston Bombing Suspect Visited Radical Mosque in Dagestan, Officials Confirm

According to a source close to the Russian security services who specializes in religious radicalism, Tsarnaev attended services at the mosque on Kotrova Street during both of the extended visits he made to Dagestan over the past two years. That is why Russia’s Federal Security Service, the agency better known as the FSB, sent a warning to the FBI in 2011 to be aware of Tsarnaev’s possible links to extremism.

In a statement on April 19, the FBI said it had received information from an unidentified “foreign government” that Tsarnaev was “a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared … to join unspecified underground groups.” In response, the FBI said it interviewed Tsarnaev and checked its records for relevant information, but “did not find any Russia’s counterterrorism activity, domestic or foreign.”

According to the source in the regional capital of Makhachkala, who spoke to TIME on Monday, Tsarnaev was monitored by Russian counterterrorism forces for at least one month in 2011 and throughout his six-month stay in Dagestan last year. “There wasn’t enough time [in 2011] to come to any conclusions about the extent of his involvement [in Islamist extremism],” the source says, asking to remain anonymous due to the sensitivity of the matter. “So we asked our American colleagues to follow up.”

His account was corroborated by a source close to the FSB in the city of Khasavyurt, the second largest city in Dagestan, who spoke to TIME on Sunday. “It didn’t take much for him to raise suspicion,” the Khasavyurt source said of Tsarnaev, also insisting on anonymity. ”Showing up at a Salafi mosque was enough.”

http://world.time.com/2013/04/22/tsarnaev-in-dagestan/

-----------------------------

FBI Confirms Boston Bomber Suspect's Radical Islamism

The FBI has confirmed that Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the dead suspect accused of bombing the Boston Marathon, was identified by a foreign government as a "follower of radical Islam and a strong believer" who changed radically in 2010. The FBI wouldn’t name the country acknowledging the evidence, but it is most likely Russia. The unnamed country said Tsarnaev was about to leave the U.S. “to join unspecified underground groups.”

Tsarnaev had spent six months in Russia in 2012. He and his younger brother Dzhokhar were ethnic Chechen refugees who were granted asylum, with the older brother becoming a legal permanent U.S. resident. Dzhokhar only became a U.S. citizen last Sept. 11, 2012, on the eleventh anniversary of 9/11.

The FBI stated that the foreign government wanted information on Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and the FBI perused government databases for all kinds of information: “derogatory” telephone calls, online evidence of radicalism, associations with people deemed to be dangerous, travel history and plans, and education history. The FBI interviewed the suspect and his family members and did not discover any evidence of incipient terrorism. The FBI attested: “The FBI requested but did not receive more specific or additional information from the foreign government.”

Yet there were signs of Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s radicalism; according to members of the Islamic Society of Boston in Cambridge, three months ago he began shouting at the imam after the imam cited Martin Luther King as an example for members to emulate. One source said Tsarnaev was thrown out of the mosque for his outburst, but Anwar Kazmi, a trustee of the Cambridge mosque, disagreed, saying Tsarnaev wasn't ejected at all, simply talked to until he calmed down.

The Islamic Society on Saturday said that no member of the mosque could have predicted or prevented the Tsarnaevs committing the acts of which they have been accused.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/22/FBI-Confirms-Boston-Bomber-s-Radical-Islamism?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lady Steel
04-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Is his father in the United States yet? They better keep a good eye on him. If it was up to me, I wouldn't even let him in the country after his threats of revenge.

Fire Haley
04-23-2013, 08:05 AM
More from the religion of peace - Al-Qaeda supported terrorist plot to derail train from Toronto to NYC.

Even Canadians got the memo - stamp out any reference to "Muslim terrorists" from the news:

Two ‘religiously strict’ men behind foiled al-Qaeda-supported plot to derail VIA train

Chiheb Esseghaier, the younger of two men charged in the al Qaeda train plot, is a Tunisian-born PhD student at a Université du Québec nanotechnology lab who was threatened with expulsion for his disruptive behaviour and strict religious views that alienated his colleagues.

One colleague at Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS) in Varennes, Que., described Mr. Esseghaier, 30, as “a brainwashed person, basically,” who tore down posters he did not approve of, and pestered the administration to install a prayer room.

“He had very strict religious behaviour that made many people frustrated,” said the colleague, who asked that his name be withheld. “He had problems with the administration.”

His co-accused, Raed Jaser, 35, is a Palestinian with citizenship in the United Arab Emirates, who has permanent resident status in Canada.

Search warrants were being executed Monday at his home in a Toronto suburb, where neighbours said they have seen a group of young men in traditional Muslim garb weightlifting.

Neighbours say he wore the flowing gown of Muslim attire and his wife wore a full-face covering burqa.

The two men are charged with conspiring to carry out an attack against, and conspiring to murder, persons unknown for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with a terrorist group.

Though the terrorism arrests were shocking, Mr. Esseghaier made no secret of the intensity of his beliefs, and what they compelled him to do.

“He was not imposing to other people, but he was complaining for example there is no prayer room.

I remember once that he saw some posters with women on the posters and he was complaining,” the source said. “It was for a charity, I remember, and he basically tore down the posters… They warned him that the next time this happens, they are going to kick him out.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/22/canadian-terrorist-plot-was-planned-by-chiheb-esseghaier-raed-jaser/

--------------

U.S. and Canada foil Al Qaeda terrorist plot to derail New York to Toronto passenger train, two suspects arrested

The suspects, who had planned the attacks more than a year, appear unrelated to the Boston Marathon bombers.

Two suspected Al Qaeda terrorists were busted Monday in Canada before they could wreak havoc on the rails by blowing up a New York-to-Toronto passenger train.

The plan hatched by Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser — and directed by Al Qaeda operatives based in Iran — was derailed by the Mounties before it ever got out of the station, officials said.

But it threw a scare into the Canadians, who have charged the alleged trainspotting terrorists with “terrorism-related offenses.”

“This is the first known Al Qaeda planned attack that we’ve experienced in Canada,” said Superintendent Doug Best of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Esseghaier, 30, lived in Montreal. Jaser, 35, lived in Toronto. And both were getting “direction and guidance” from their Al Qaeda handlers in Iran, the RCMP reported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-canada-terror-attack-foiled-article-1.1324305

MACH1
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
The 5:30 mark is by far the best part. CNN, you did it to yourselves.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-22-2013/this-is-cnn-

SteelersCanada
04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Oh, the CBC refuses to use the word 'terrorist' because it might offend them. That's not a joke, that's why they don't use the word. They don't want to be offensive to terrorists. I wish I was kidding.

SteelersCanada
04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
‘God love Canada, but they’re not great for television:’ Canadian terror plot too tame for Fox News

Josh Visser

Canada’s alleged Al-Qaeda planned terror plot proved too little “24″ and too much “Due South” for Fox News host Shepard Smith.

As American networks switched from their 24-hour coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings to the RCMP briefing on Monday’s terror charges, Smith grew impatient with the Mounties’ slow-as-maple-syrup pace with information.

“Let’s get the details, in English and in French, it’s how they roll, they are still saying ‘hello’ over there and they are going to say ‘hello’ for a long time,” Smith told Fox News viewers. “God love Canada, but they’re not great at the television. I don’t know what else to say about it.

“The details, I expect, are going to be absolutely fascinating, let’s listen and see if we can wade through it.”

When they finished saying “hello” in both official languages, the RCMP announced that they arrested two foreign nationals involved in an alleged al-Qaeda-linked plot to derail a VIA Rail passenger train on the New York-to-Toronto route.

The attackers had allegedly received what police called “direction and guidance” from the core of al-Qaeda, operating out of Iran, where some members of Osama bin Laden’s terrorist group have operated since fleeing Afghanistan.

Smith did not indicate if he approved of the post-hello portion of the program.

Canadians, as they tend to do, took to Twitter to respond to the national shaming.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/23/god-love-canada-but-theyre-not-great-for-television-canadian-terror-plot-too-tame-for-fox-news/

-- Pow right in the kisser, eh?

Vis
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Due South was a good show.

Fire Haley
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Two ‘religiously strict’ men behind foiled al-Qaeda-supported plot to derail VIA train

Oh, the CBC refuses to use the word 'terrorist' because it might offend them. That's not a joke, that's why they don't use the word. They don't want to be offensive to terrorists. I wish I was kidding.

you think you have it bad

we have the head sympathizer in charge

http://i.imgur.com/9niWH4N.jpg

MACH1
04-23-2013, 04:33 PM
:facepalm:

UN Human Rights Official Says Boston Got What It Deserved

By ANNE BAYEFSKY, Breitbart.com

UN Human Rights Council “expert” Richard Falk has published a statement saying Bostonians got what they deserved in last week’s terror attack. He quotes W.H. Auden to make his point: "to whom evil is done/do evil in return.”

Richard Falk is the UN’s “Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967.” He has held the post since 2008, despite exposure as a 9/11 conspiracy theorist.

In his latest rant, published online on April 21, 2013 by foreignpolicyjournal.com Falk repeats the libel that prior to 9/11 President George W. Bush was seeking a “pretext” for war, and that anything Israel is the opposite of “justice and peace.”

And then he attacks Bostonians head-on. The police action in Boston was a "hysterical dragnet." Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."

Falk explains the attacks as justifiable “resistance.” In his words: “The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.”
He minimizes the crime and predicts worse if America doesn’t change its ways to better accommodate the demands of “the Islamic world.” As he puts it: “In some respects, the United States has been fortunate not to experience worse blowbacks, and these may yet happen…”.

For years, Falk has been espousing the worst forms of antisemitism from his UN perch, and for his efforts has been rewarded with repeated opportunities by the Council to lecture others on his world view.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/04/22/UN-Human-Rights-Official-Says-Boston-Got-What-It-Deserved

Vis
04-23-2013, 04:39 PM
where's the actual statement?

A Commentary on the Marathon Murders
by Richard Falk
April 21, 2013

The dominant reactions to the horrific bombings on April 15th, the day of the running of the Boston Marathon, as well as the celebration of Patriots Day, have been so far: compassion for the victims, a maximal resolve to track down the perpetrators, a pundit’s notebook that generally agrees that Americans have been protected against terrorist violence since 9/11 and that the best way to prevail against such sinister adversaries is to restore normalcy as quickly as possible. In this spirit, it is best to avoid dwelling on the gory details by darkly glamorizing the scene of mayhem with flowers and homage. It is better to move forward with calm resolve and a re-commitment to the revolutionary ideals that midwifed the birth of the American nation. Such responses are generally benevolent, especially when compared to the holy war fevers espoused by national leaders, the media, and a vengeful public after the 9/11 attacks that also embraced Islamophobic falsehoods. Maybe America has become more poised in relation to such extremist incidents, but maybe not. It is soon to tell, and the somewhat hysterical Boston dragnet for the remaining at large and alive suspect does suggest that the wounds of 9/11 are far from healed.

For one thing, the scale and drama of the Boston attack, while great, was not nearly as large or as symbolically resonant as the destruction of the World Trade Center and the shattering of the Pentagon. Also, although each life is sacred, the magnitude of tragedy is somewhat conveyed by numbers, and the Marathon incident has so far produced three deaths as compared to three thousand, that is, 1/1000th of 9/11. Also important, the neocon presidency of George W. Bush was in 2001, prior to the attacks, openly seeking a pretext to launch a regime-changing war against Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, and the 9/11 events, as interpreted and spun, provided just the supportive domestic climate needed for launching an aggressive war against the Baghdad regime. The Iraq War was undertaken despite the UN Security Council failure to lend its authority to such an American deadly geopolitical venture and in the face of the largest anti-war global demonstrations in human history. In 2001, the preferred American grand strategy, as blueprinted by the ideologues of the American Enterprise Institute and the Hoover Institution, was given a green light by the Bush/Cheney White House even in the face of the red lights posted both at the UN and in the streets of 600 or more cities around the world.

Although there are many distressing continuities that emerge if the Obama presidency is appraised by comparison with the counter-terrorist agenda of his predecessors, there are also some key differences of situation and approach. Obama came to Washington as outspoken opponent of torture and of the Iraq War. He also arrived after the failed wars of Afghanistan and Iraq, which had devastated two countries, seemingly beyond foreseeable recovery, while adding nothing to American security, however measured. These unlawful wars wasted trillions expended over the several years during which many Americans were enduring the hardships and pain of the deepest economic recession since the 1930s. In other words, temporarily at least, the Beltway think tanks and the government are doing their best to manage global crises without embarking on further wars in a spirit of geopolitical intoxication that was hallmark of the unipolar moment that was invoked by Republicans to chide the Clinton presidency for its wimpish failure to pursue American strategic interests in the Middle East. Remember, as well, that this was the period of quick victorious wars that were also cheap when measured by casualties or resources. The Gulf War of 1991 and the NATO Kosovo War of 1999 were the poster children of this supposed revolution in warfare that enabled the United States and its allies to fight ‘zero casualty wars.’ At least it seems that for the present irresponsible and unlawful warfare are no longer the centerpiece of America’s foreign policy, as had become the case in the first decade of the 21st century, although this is far from a certainty. The war drums are beating at this moment in relation to both North Korea and Iran, and as long as Tel Aviv has the compliant ear of the American political establishment, those who wish for peace and justice in the world should not rest easy.

Aside from the dangers and unacceptability of promiscuous wars, there are other serious deficiencies in how the United States sees itself in the world. We should be worried by the taboo at this moment of 24/7 self-congratulatory commentary imposed on any type of self-scrutiny by either the political leadership or the mainstream media. Unlike the aftermath of 9/11, there are a few hopeful signs of awakening to this one-eyed vision on the part of the citizenry. Listening to a PBS program hours after the Boston event, I was struck by the critical attitudes of several callers to the radio station: “It is horrible, but we in this country should not be too surprised, given our drone attacks that have killed women and children attending weddings and funerals in Afghanistan and Pakistan.” Another caller asked, “Is this not a kind of retribution for torture inflicted by American security forces acting under the authority of the government, and verified for the world by pictures of the humiliation of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib?” And another asked, “In light of the authoritative reports of officially sanctioned torture as detailed in the 577 page report of a task force chaired by two former senators, one a Republican, the other a Democrat, and containing senior military and security officials, has not the time come to apply the law to the wrongdoers during the Bush presidency?” Can we not expect one among our politicians, other than the Tea Party darling Rand Paul, to have the courage to connect some of these dots? Should we not all be meditating on W.H. Auden’s haunting line: “Those to whom evil is done/do evil in return”?

The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world. In some respects, the United States has been fortunate not to experience worse blowbacks, and these may yet happen, especially if there is no disposition to rethink US relations to others in the world, starting with the Middle East. Some of us naively hoped that Obama’s Cairo speech of 2009 was to be the beginning of such a process of renewal, and although timid in many ways, it was yet possessed of a tonality candidly acknowledged that relations with the Islamic world needed fundamental moves by the US Government for the sake of reconciliation, including the adoption of a far more balanced approach to the Palestine/Israel impasse. But as the months passed, what became evident, especially given the strong pushback by Israel and its belligerent leader, Bibi Netanyahu, were a series of disappointing reactions by Obama, which could be described as an accelerating backpedaling in relation to opening political space in the Middle East.

Now at the start of his second presidential term, it seems that Obama has given up altogether, succumbing to the Beltway ethos of Israel First. Obama has acknowledged the constraints on his freedom to maneuver on these foreign policy issues, and seeks to confine his legacy ambitions to such domestic concerns as immigration, gun control, and health care. In so doing, he is virtually abandoning the international agenda except to manage crisis diplomacy in ways that do not disturb the global status quo or weaken America’s global reach. Obama’s March trip to Israel was highlighted by his March 21st speech in Jerusalem, which was delivered as a love letter to the Israeli public rather than qualifying as a good faith effort to demonstrate his belief in a just peace. Such obsequious diplomacy was a disappointment even to those of us with low expectations in what the White House is willing to overcome the prolonged ordeal of the Palestinian people.

Aside from the tensions of the moment, self-scrutiny and mid-course reflections on America’s global role is long overdue. Such a process is crucial both for the sake of the country’s own future security and also in consideration of the wellbeing of others. Such adjustments will eventually come about either as a result of a voluntary process of self-reflection or through the force of unpleasant events. How and when this process of reassessment occurs remains a mystery. Until it does, America’s military prowess and the abiding confidence of its leaders in hard power diplomacy makes the United States a menace to the world and to itself. Such an observation is as true if the more avowedly belligerent Mitt Romney rather than the seemingly dovish Barack Obama was in the White House. Such bipartisan support for maintaining the globe-girdling geopolitics runs deep in the body politic, and is accompanied by the refusal to admit the evidence of national decline. The signature irony is that the more American decline is met by a politics of denial, the more rapid and steep will be the decline, and the more abrupt and risky will be the necessary shrinking of the global leadership role so long played by the United States. We should be asking ourselves at this moment, “How many canaries will have to die before we awaken from our geopolitical fantasy of global domination?”

Vis
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
He sounds like Ron Paul

MACH1
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
where's the actual statement?

Google it.

Hell I'll do it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=UN+Richard+Falk+blames+boston&oq=UN+Richard+Falk+blames+boston&gs_l=serp.3...7749.8055.0.9540.2.2.0.0.0.0.171.286 .0j2.2.0...0.0...1c.1.11.serp.MbEbtfHD0Po

JonM229
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
we have the head sympathizer in charge

http://i.imgur.com/9niWH4N.jpg

He learned from the best

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zlQH3hY9j-E/Sd4ijbIiesI/AAAAAAAABc0/fmNUL0zBCEM/s400/bush-king.jpg

fer522
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM
They're holding hands! WTF!!!

JonM229
04-23-2013, 05:59 PM

It's called a bromance....deal with it

fer522
04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
At least Clinton was getting his pecker sucked by a woman :doh:

Fire Haley
04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
http://jamesmjones.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/obama-stand-with-muslims.jpg

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Just your typical mom

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care is my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too.

And I will say Allahu Akbar!“

muMu0ay9xJM

Vis
04-24-2013, 07:10 AM
http://jamesmjones.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/obama-stand-with-muslims.jpg

Me too so if you decide to start rounding up all Muslims and throwing them into camps for "processing" as you often dream, me, Obama, and all decent people will be against you.

JonM229
04-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Me too so if you decide to start rounding up all Muslims and throwing them into camps for "processing" as you often dream, me, Obama, and all decent people will be against you.

Fun fact: the Best Man at my wedding is a Muslim. And I would certainly stand with Obama and fer (fer 2016!) to defend my friend and others.

Hating people based on their religion is what Nazis do.

JonM229
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh, and about that Canadian train plot: That was thwarted thanks to the Muslim community.

Canada's Muslims Highlight Role As Tipsters In Train Plot (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/23/us-arrests-muslims-idUSBRE93M1CO20130423)

Police arrested Raed Jaser of Toronto and Chiheb Esseghaier of Montreal on Monday and said they had been investigating them since last fall after a tip from the Muslim community in Toronto. The men appeared in separate courts on Tuesday.

Muslims comprise around one million of Canada's 34.5 million population.

While relations between Muslims and law enforcement are generally not as tense as they can be in the large Muslim communities in France and Britain, Canadian spy agency officials have often expressed concern about the dangers posed by radicalized youth.

Naseer Irfan Syed, a lawyer who initially approached police on behalf of a Toronto imam who was concerned about Jaser, said community figures had to figure out what was just angry talk and when there was a real threat.

"People have to realize that the community leaders and imams are concerned about these accusations and are responsible people and they will report to the authorities when necessary," he told Reuters.

"But at the same time they will also exercise judgment so it is not done frivolously or in a knee-jerk fashion," he said. Syed declined to name the imam who spoke with police over the train plot.

Both Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Public Safety Minister Vic Toews stood up in Parliament on Tuesday to thank the Muslim community.

SteelersCanada
04-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Oh, and about that Canadian train plot: That was thwarted thanks to the Muslim community.

I think it's a small vocal minority think that all Muslims are terrorists. I think it's an even smaller community that thinks we should round them up and put them into internment camps like the States did with the Japanese back during WWII.

I think that this turned into a patriotic hate-fest for Obama and quite honestly, a lot (if not all) of it so far has been unwarranted. I've seen posts about Obama not being emotional enough during the press conference and acting like it's a big deal and not part of his job description. Also, treating Muslim leaders with respect is exactly what he should've done which is why George did the same thing. I'm not Obama's biggest supporter, but he handled this situation perfectly.

I don't know, this got off topic pretty quickly. I think we got away from remembering and paying respect to those who are still seriously injured that now have to adapt to living without limbs to bashing Obama and gun control while somehow insulting all Muslims.

Something went terribly, terribly wrong here.

ricardisimo
04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
:facepalm:
To call that creative editing is kind.

DI-fcc5iv2k

MasterOfPuppets
04-24-2013, 11:35 AM
holding hands ? shit bush slipped him the tongue and churned his butter......

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/1/7/8/0/a5155995-181-bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png?d=1347686239

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 12:15 PM

Hating people based on their religion is what Nazis do.

ha ha

Hitler and the Nazi's hatred of the Jews had nothing to do with religion.

But Islam teaches it's followers to kill all infidels

so what you're really saying is Islam is the same as the Nazi's

KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VtKyWWIukTA/UVNJ1SEQPdI/AAAAAAAADcQ/e4C_6l7yxk8/s1600/Hamas+wearing+sheets.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yvEgF69Vv5Q/Sn4egrCeU8I/AAAAAAAADlo/1gSsLMLKhFU/s400/suicide-bomber-halloween-costume1.jpghttp://www.ascertainthetruth.com/att/images/stories/myths/likethese.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjOuGYHsX49xbo5Uc0lqoenWq7NeaJ0 vQREuSQv_fzBLWeGEFgLwhttp://zioneocon.blogspot.com/arab%20girl%20germany%20dressed%20as%20suicide%20k iller.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Yw7ddmHAQiY/UVNJ1KXbSgI/AAAAAAAADcM/2PXkYwCA2B4/s1600/child-suicide-bombers.jpghttp://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/Suicide-Bomber-children.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PalestinianMothers2.jpg

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Kerry: Tsarnaev returned from Russia with 'willingness to kill people'

Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday that Tamerlan Tsarnaev returned from Russia last year "with a willingness to kill people."

He was asked after a meeting in Belgium if the United States has a problem with young people being hopeless about their futures, an issue that countries like Syria are grappling with.

"Well, of course we have the same problem. We just had a young person who went to Russia, Chechnya, who blew people up in Boston," Kerry said. "So he didn’t stay where he went, but he learned something where he went and he came back with a willingness to kill people."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/04/kerry-tsarnaev-returned-from-russia-with-willingness-162508.html

-----------------

poor misunderstood youth

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Boston Bombing Suspects Were Headed to NYC to "Party," Police Say

The Boston Marathon bombing suspects were heading to New York City to "party" after the attack that killed three people and injured more than 180, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says.

Kelly told reporters Wednesday that the younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is hospitalized and charged in the attack, has told investigators that he and older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev were en route to Manhattan Thursday night last week.

The duo is accused of shooting a police officer dead and then getting into a gunfight with police after a chase in a Boston suburb. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev fled on foot, only to be captured hours later.

Kelly said Wednesday that investigators believe, based on interviews with the younger brother, that they weren't coming to New York City for additional attacks, and were coming to celebrate..

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Boston-Bombing-Suspects-Brothers-NYC-Party-Police--204501591.html

-----------------------------------
"Allahu Akbar!“

JonM229
04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
ha ha

Hitler and the Nazi's hatred of the Jews had nothing to do with religion.

But Islam teaches it's followers to kill all infidels

so what you're really saying is Islam is the same as the Nazi's

No, what I'm trying to say is that the Nazi persecution was about as religious as Al Qaeda.

The recent outbreak of violence in the Middle East has everything to do with socioeconomics rather than religion. Most terrorists come from poor places with oppressive governments. From early childhood, they are surrounded by violence and poverty. Al Qaeda recruits these people with a mix of "Islamic teachings" as well as financial security for their families. This certainly doesn't excuse them for becoming terrorists and taking lives, but maybe if those other problems can be addressed, we would see a drop in terrorist recruitment.

And just how many non-believers were killed during the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc.?

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
No, what I'm trying to say is that the Nazi persecution was about as religious as Al Qaeda.

The recent outbreak of violence in the Middle East has everything to do with socioeconomics rather than religion. Most terrorists come from poor places with oppressive governments. From early childhood, they are surrounded by violence and poverty. Al Qaeda recruits these people with a mix of "Islamic teachings" as well as financial security for their families. This certainly doesn't excuse them for becoming terrorists and taking lives, but maybe if those other problems can be addressed, we would see a drop in terrorist recruitment.

And just how many non-believers were killed during the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc.?

That all sounds very nice, really, blaming it on the environment - just give them more money and they all will become happy and not want to slit American's throats anymore - is that what they're teaching in school these days?

The reality is the very rich Saudi's and their known Al Qaeda terrorist links, which throw all your "oh the poor peasants" theory down the toilet.

Saudi ‘Person of Interest’ in Boston Bombing is Alledged to Have Terror Ties

Apparently, “Arabic sources and Saudi papers” are confirming the “rumors” that the original “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombings, was visited by “the Obamas” as he recovered from the injuries he sustained during the bombings.

According to the Global Dispatch, “many of Al-Harbi’s clan are entrenched in terrorism and are members of Al-Qaeda as identified by the Islamic governments.

Out of a list of 85 terrorists listed by the Saudi government shows several of Al-Harbi clan to have been active fighters in Al-Qaeda:

#15 Badr Saud Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
#73 Muhammad Atiq Uwaid Al-Awufi Al-Harbi
#26 Khalid Salim Uwaid Al-Lahibi Al-Harbi
#29 Raed Abdullah Salem Al-Thahiri Al-Harbi
#43 Abdullah Abdul Rahman Muhammad Al-Harbi (leader)
#60 Fayez Ghuneim Humeid Al-Hijri Al-Harbi

There are specific Saudi clans that are rife with members of Al-Qaeda, which has fueled critics questions the hundred thousand student visas are issued to these and how ICE officials seem clueless to make the connection with the clans when it comes to terrorism.

The BBC reported Khaled Alharbi was married to the daughter of al-Qaida’s number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri. He reportedly appeared with bin Laden in a video praising the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Another top al-Qaida operative is Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi, a Saudi national identified by the State Department as “a key member of an al-Qaida network operating in Iran.”

Take Khalid Aldawsari, a Saudi national. He is a student and an Al-Qaeda terrorist who planned to use weapons of mass destruction in the U.S., to include an attempted assassination of president Bush.Aldawsari was not a lone wolf; he was backed by an entire system. The wealthy and powerful Aldawsari clan, which includes the powerful Sheik Saud Bin Mut’ab who hosted a support group for the terrorist defending him publicly while funding his legal team.

the same prominent Saudi newspaper, that published photos of Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi in the hospital after the Boston marathon bombings, is now reporting that the Saudi national was also visited by the first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama during his hospital stay.

http://shoebat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Alharbi_Hospital.jpg

http://shark-tank.net/2013/04/22/saudi-person-of-interest-in-boston-bombing-is-alledged-to-have-terror-ties/

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-ceg0FnzPxSM/UXgUxcc_2FI/AAAAAAAA3GU/0ttjOYSvvS4/gerards%252520pics%252520of%252520MO%252520with%25 2520Saudi_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

--------------------------------------------

http://komitted.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/new-yorker-obama-muslim.jpg

JonM229
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
That all sounds very nice, really, blaming it on the environment - just give them more money and they all will become happy and not want to slit American's throats anymore - is that what they're teaching in school these days?

The reality is the very rich Saudi's and their known Al Qaeda terrorist links, which throw all your "oh the poor peasants" theory down the toilet.

The rich Saudis are the ring leaders who rarely, if ever, are the ones actually carrying out the attacks. If they can't recruit "the poor peasants" to sacrifice themselves they will be powerless.

SteelersCanada
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
That Saudi 'terror link' has been thrown out there by Glenn Beck and Alex Jones - two of the most unreliable pieces of shit that currently walk this planet. Glenn Beck makes all conservatives look bad on a regular basis which is unfortunate.

Grain of salt with that article, Killer.

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Rand Paul on Saudi National Reports: ‘We’ll Definitely Look Into It’

Sen. Rand Paul in a radio interview with Glenn Beck on Thursday said "we'll definitely look into" reports that a Saudi national, who was briefly labeled a "person of interest" by law enforcement, has been cleared for deportation despite reports that he may be somehow connected to the Boston bombings.

"I hope that this won't be someone involved with a student visa. I don't have any special details on the current situation," he said.

"But I'm concerned in general that students from various countries that are dead set on harming Americans, that we have to be more careful and should have more scrutiny on these students when they arrive," he added.

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-saudi-national-reports-ll-definitely-look-160626247.html

---------------------

keep Obama on the run, then impeach his ass for treason

Obama, Clinton blew Benghazi response

The Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies bear no blame for failing to halt the terrorist assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, last year, releasing a report Tuesday that said President Obama and the State Department set up the military for failure.

Obama’s team lied about the attacks afterward, first by blaming mob violence spawned by an anti-Muslim video, and then wrongly saying it had misled the public because it was trying to protect an FBI investigation.

“This progress report reveals a fundamental lack of understanding at the highest levels of the State Department as to the dangers presented in Benghazi, Libya, as well as a concerted attempt to insulate the Department of State from blame following the terrorist attacks,” the GOP investigation concluded in its 46-page report.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/23/house-gop-administration-blew-benghazi-response/

Fire Haley
04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
bout time...

Congressman: 'Five Jihadists Have Reached Their Targets in the United States Under Barack Obama'

"Why is the Obama Administration failing in its mission to stop terrorism before it reaches its targets in the United States?’”

H106iegUJpI

Lady Steel
04-24-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know, this got off topic pretty quickly. I think we got away from remembering and paying respect to those who are still seriously injured that now have to adapt to living without limbs to bashing Obama and gun control while somehow insulting all Muslims.

Something went terribly, terribly wrong here.

Yep, it got into a pissing contest like so many threads around here do. I'm done with it.

Bayz101
04-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Yep, it got into a pissing contest like so many threads around here do. I'm done with it.

And just like many other threads, this one will be closed if the bullshit continues.

Fire Haley
04-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Bombers Plotted Attack in NYC, Officials Say

The brothers Tsarnaev had plans to drive to New York in their carjacked Mercedes and explode their remaining bombs last Thursday, but their plans went off track when the owner of the car they stole made an escape, the New York City mayor said Thursday.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the information came to the attention of investigators during the interrogation of 19-year old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who had at first said the plan was to go to New York to "party" but then changed his story in an interview 24 hours later. At that time Tsarnaev allegedly acknowledged that he and his brother planned a follow-up attack. The brothers had six unexploded devices with them as they tried to flee, Boston Police sources said.

"We were informed by the FBI that the surviving attacker revealed that NYC was next on the list of targets he told the FBI apparently that he and his brother had planned to drive to NY and detonate additional explosives in Time Square, they had built these additional explosives and we know they had the capacity to carry out the attacks," Bloomberg said at a press conference Thursday.

"The fact is NYC remains a prime target for those who hate America and want to kill Americans the attacks in boston and the news that NYC was next on the list shows just how critical it is for the federal government to devote high risk areas," he said.

The reason he gave, according to authorities, was that Muslims are at war with the US.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/accused-boston-bombers-plotted-attack-nyc-police/story?id=19038313&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#.UXl-CrUU-f-

Lady Steel
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Behind the May Boston Magazine Cover

By John Wolfson | Boston Daily | April 25, 2013 1:38 pm

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/o-BOSTON-MAGAZINE-570_original.jpg

We have been humbled by the reception our May cover has received since we released it this morning. A number of people have asked about the story behind the cover, how it came to be, so I thought I’d take a moment to provide a little background.

When we got news of the explosions on Marathon Monday—our offices are located only a few blocks away, and we had staffers in the area at the time, so it didn’t take long—we were just days away from shipping the May issue. At that stage in the production cycle, we’re typically in the polishing phase, meaning we’re simply looking for typos, art imperfections, and the like. We quickly realized that we were going to have to scrap the cover that we’d already finished and start over. We were also going to have to replace one of the feature stories in the issue with something about the bombings. And we were going to have to pull that off in about three days.

We initially settled on the idea of commissioning Marathon-related essays from a number of Boston writers, and then set about brainstorming ideas for illustrating that package of stories. Should we create a photo illustration of a runner’s bib in the shape of a heart? Should we photograph a tattered marathon olive wreath on a black background? Then our design director, Brian Struble, and deputy design director, Liz Noftle, came up with the concept of taking shoes worn during the marathon and arranging them so that the negative space is in the shape of a heart. For reasons I’ll explain in a moment, I knew as soon as I heard the idea that we had our concept—not just for the collection of essays, but also for the cover. In fact, I quickly realized that the stories of the runners who wore those shoes would be even more powerful than the essays we’d commissioned. We quickly changed course and settled on the cover concept and the outlines of a feature package: We’d shoot the shoes collectively to form the heart, but we’d also photograph them as individual pairs to illustrate the stories told by the runners in the package (which we called “The Shoes We Wore,” and which you’ll find in the May issue).

Great idea! But how in the world were we going to execute it in time? We figured we’d need about 100 or so shoes, and we had very little time to get them. We were also going to have to interview every person who submitted a pair of shoes so we could tell his or her story. We immediately sent out tweets and Facebook posts asking runners to submit their shoes. At the same time, people from every department here at Boston magazine started reaching out to friends and family members asking for shoes. Every pair became precious. Every new email from someone on staff announcing that a cousin or an old school buddy had promised to drive their shoes to the office by the next morning was met with unrestrained enthusiasm.

As the shoes started to filter in, we divvied up the names of the people who’d dropped them off and began calling them for interviews. Everyone on staff contributed. We had room for just 15 pairs in the magazine, so the rest would go online. We then decided to add an additional wrinkle of complexity to the whole thing: We would create a special page on the site where the overflow photos and stories would live, and where people from around the world could submit their own stories and photographs of their shoes. (That page—bostonmagazine.com/shoes—will go live starting Tuesday, April 30.)

On Thursday morning, Struble loaded up his car with 120 shoes and drove them down to New York, to be shot by the renowned photographer Mitchell Feinberg. The shoot captured perfectly what had drawn me to the concept in the first place.

To me the cover is about two things: perseverance and unity. By itself, each shoe in the photograph is tiny, battered, and ordinary. Together, though, they create something beautiful, powerful, and inspirational. Remove just one shoe and you begin to diminish, in some small way, the overall effect. Collectively, they are the perfect symbol for Boston, and for our response to the bombings.

This city is my home. I live in it because I choose to. My love for it is boundless and, at times, irrational. This staff is filled with people who feel the same way. Our home is hurting right now, and our hope, together, was to produce something that reflects the intensity of affection and pride that all of us here in the region feel for Boston.

So many of you have asked when the magazine will be available on newsstands and whether we’ll be commissioning posters of the cover image. Copies will start showing up on newsstands on Friday, and will be widely available starting Tuesday. As to a poster, we are already at work with the company that prints our magazine to produce posters. Given how fast all of this has come together, we still haven’t finalized the cost or the availability date, but one thing I can tell you for certain is that all proceeds will be donated to The One Fund—Boston. Please send us an email at bmagdigital@gmail.com if you would like more information about the posters once they’re available. You can also support The One Fund at onefundboston.org.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/04/25/behind-our-may-boston-marathon-cover/

Lady Steel
04-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Boston bombing suspect moves to federal prison hospital

By Ben Brumfield and Greg Botelho, CNN

(CNN) -- The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been moved from a Boston medical center to a federal Bureau of Prisons hospital about 40 miles away.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had been receiving treatment for a variety of wounds at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since his capture nearly a week ago.

He is now at Federal Medical Center Devens, U.S. Marshals Service spokesman Drew Wade said Friday.

The prison hospital, located on the grounds of the former Fort Devens military base, is designed to house prisoners requiring ongoing medical care, according to the facility's website.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Lady Steel
04-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Latest developments in the Boston bombing investigation

By CNN Staff

(CNN) -- Here are some of the latest developments in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation:

-- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, has been transferred from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to Federal Medical Center Devens, a Federal Bureau of Prisons facility in north-central Massachusetts that holds detainees who need medical care, U.S. Marshals Service spokesman Drew Wade said Friday.

-- The parents of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects have left their home in Dagestan for another part of Russia, the suspects' mother Zubeidat Tsarnaev told CNN Friday. She said the suspects' father, Anzor Tsarnaev, is delaying his trip to the United States indefinitely.

-- Anzor Tsarnaev, the father of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, had agreed to fly to the United States to cooperate in the investigation. He was to take off as early as Friday, but Thursday his wife called an ambulance for him. He was not on an early Friday flight leaving Makhachkala, Dagestan, which serves as the first leg of travel to the United States.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/us/massachusetts-boston-bombings-latest-developments/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

SteelCurtainKop
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Still can't get over how sad what happened was. Really made me respect Boston more to see how well they reacted. The Bruins and RedSox games following the events was really emotional. No ties to the teams, but you could see it in the eyes of the people there how much it meant to them.

Atlanta Dan
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
This is not from The Onion

Two suspects who have been taken into custody in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings drove a car with “Terrorista #1″ license plates.

Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev were reportedly arrested, along with one other person, for allegedly making false statements and obstructing justice during the federal investigation into Boston Marathon bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, officials said Wednesday.

Tazhayakov and Kadrbayev, who are reportedly in FBI custody, drove around in a black BMW with “Terrorista #1″ license plates

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/01/new-boston-suspects-drove-car-with-terrorista-1-license-plates/

It is scary that you can have the IQ of a doorknob and still help create mayhem

Vis
05-01-2013, 01:30 PM
It is scary that you can have the IQ of a doorknob and still help create mayhem

I think it's an actual requirement

Fire Haley
05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
here we go........

Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/eYjmmSgaaNwKfUFe0Hz4lg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thelookout/suspects-detained.jpg.

Authorities have arrested three additional suspects in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the Boston Police Department confirmed to Yahoo News.

Two of the suspects are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both Kazakh nationals who attended school with bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. One of their attorneys, Robert Stahl, said the charges will be unsealed in federal court Wednesday and both plan to plead "not guilty." The hearing is expected to begin at at 3:30 p.m. ET.

The third suspect, a U.S. citizen who has not been publicly identified, was reportedly arrested today

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/breaking-boston-police-three-boston-marathon-bombing-suspects-151027478.html

Atlanta Dan
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Link to criminal complaint against two charged today

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138928869/Criminal-Complaint-Against-Azamat-Tazhayakov-and-Dias-Kadyrbayev

Dumb and Dumber decided to dump evidence after the Thursday night/Friday morning shootout when any sentient being would know law enforcement would be all over any attempt to cover up and then could not even stick to the same story about what happened

Atlanta Dan
05-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Words to live by

This flyer was posted on a bulletin board at UMass Dartmouth, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev went to school, according to a Redditor.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/01/01-umd-alcoholism.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/flyer-at-tsarnaevs-school-discourages-terrorism.html

Lady Steel
05-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Link to criminal complaint against two charged today

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138928869/Criminal-Complaint-Against-Azamat-Tazhayakov-and-Dias-Kadyrbayev

Dumb and Dumber decided to dump evidence after the Thursday night/Friday morning shootout when any sentient being would know law enforcement would be all over any attempt to cover up and then could not even stick to the same story about what happened

Thanks for sharing this, Dan. I read the entire Complaint. Dumb and Dumber is right. Dumber than a bag of hammers.