R1: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
R2: D. J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
R3: Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
R4: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
R5: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
R6(a): Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
R6(b): Nathan Williams, OLB, Ohio State
R7: Travis Howard, Cb, Ohio State

I just published an article on my blog entitled "The Pittsburgh Steelers Select Tyler Eifert with Their First Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, and Who Else?" with an analysis and alternatives for the top picks.

Here's the link if you are interested:
http://blackandgoldjack.hubpages.com/hub/The-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Select-Tyler-Eifert-with-Their-First-Pick-in-the-2013-NFL-Draft-and-Who-Else

harrison'samonster
04-16-2013, 06:19 PM
looks pretty solid. How come you went with a TE early on instead of a pass-rusher? I love the top 4 picks!

Buddha Bus
04-16-2013, 06:23 PM
This thread should have been titled "Don't Mock My Mock, MACH". :chuckle:

JackH
04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
looks pretty solid. How come you went with a TE early on instead of a pass-rusher? I love the top 4 picks!

If a TE is good enough for Mel Kiper Jr., a TE is good enough for me. Mel, even though a Ratbird fan, is my idol. I love his hair and do mine just like his. Mel should be on those Head & Shoulders commercials instead of Troy.

If the Pats could get Tom Brady in the 6th round, I figure the Steelers can get a pass rusher in the 6th round. I like Tom Brady too, but not because of his hair. Actually there are two things I like about Tom:

JackH
04-16-2013, 11:15 PM
This thread should have been titled "Don't Mock My Mock, MACH". :chuckle:

Hey Buddha Bus, you gave me an idea. Maybe you should talk to your buddies the mods and suggest that the Member of the Week for next week, the week of the draft, be whoever has the best mock draft. Otherwise they'll just give it to you again.

Buddha Bus
04-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Hey Buddha Bus, you gave me an idea. Maybe you should talk to your buddies the mods and suggest that the Member of the Week for next week, the week of the draft, be whoever has the best mock draft. Otherwise they'll just give it to you again.

I've only won it once and I'm nobody's lobbyist, including me. :noidea:

http://i.qkme.me/3s3o1q.jpg

Galax Steeler
04-17-2013, 04:37 AM
I've only won it once and I'm nobody's lobbyist, including me. :noidea:

http://i.qkme.me/3s3o1q.jpg

That was by accident:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
04-17-2013, 04:39 AM
That was by accident:chuckle:

That's funny... that's the same thing the genetic cloning lab said about you when you were born.

Galax Steeler
04-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Enough out of you piss monkey

Buddha Bus
04-17-2013, 04:48 AM

:moon:

JackH
04-17-2013, 07:20 PM

No doubt there will be a thread like "The Live Draft at Steelers Fever Forum" for commentary while the action is underway. It should be great with a lot of trading up and down and surprise picks.

I don't want to miss any of it. May I suggest that someone be selected (much as Member of the Week) to be the gopher to run for snacks and adult beverages while all this drama is happening. Well, not a gopher, a piss monkey.

teegre
04-18-2013, 01:42 AM
I could really go for those top four picks.

EIFERT: not Elam, but I totally get it

SWEARINGER: my third favorite safety in the draft

BAILEY: very productive receiver

LATTIMORE: love that kid

Buddha Bus
04-18-2013, 05:11 AM
No doubt there will be a thread like "The Live Draft at Steelers Fever Forum" for commentary while the action is underway. It should be great with a lot of trading up and down and surprise picks.

I don't want to miss any of it. May I suggest that someone be selected (much as Member of the Week) to be the gopher to run for snacks and adult beverages while all this drama is happening. Well, not a gopher, a piss monkey.

The Gopher has been "fired" and the only thing I'll fetch for you is a beer.... straight from the tap. :beerbang::monkey:

JackH
04-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I could really go for those top four picks.

EIFERT: not Elam, but I totally get it

SWEARINGER: my third favorite safety in the draft

BAILEY: very productive receiver

LATTIMORE: love that kid

Yeah, I'm praying for the marvels of modern medicine, what with the knee injuries to Lattmore, Faulk, and Mauti. But if the knees are good, these players are going to be good.

JackH
04-18-2013, 09:00 AM
The Gopher has been "fired" and the only thing I'll fetch for you is a beer.... straight from the tap. :beerbang::monkey:

Thanks, Bud (short for Buddha Bus).

Beer is my favorite food anyway.

Me thinks this draft is going to be the most exciting thing I've seen since they took the nekkid pics of my favorite sports reporter (Erin Andrews) off the net.

Kingmagyar
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Tyler Eifert had
50 rec for 685 yards 13.7 per catch 38 long 4 TDs

I think the Steelers would be happier with Travis Kelce in the third
45 rec for 722 yards 16.0 per catch 83 long 8TDs

and Kelce is a far superior blocker and would be more like a Heath Miller clone then the wide receiver like
Eifert. Plus 17 for Eifert? not sure.

Buddha Bus
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Bud (short for Buddha Bus).

Beer is my favorite food anyway.

Me thinks this draft is going to be the most exciting thing I've seen since they took the nekkid pics of my favorite sports reporter (Erin Andrews) off the net.

The best part is that it's piss monkey double filtered. :thumbsup:

http://p.twimg.com/AtZ5lsVCQAA4yO5.jpg:large

JackH
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Tyler Eifert had
50 rec for 685 yards 13.7 per catch 38 long 4 TDs

I think the Steelers would be happier with Travis Kelce in the third
45 rec for 722 yards 16.0 per catch 83 long 8TDs

and Kelce is a far superior blocker and would be more like a Heath Miller clone then the wide receiver like
Eifert. Plus 17 for Eifert? not sure.

The Steelers have a tight end who is a superior blocker in Matt Spaeth.

If the Steelers don't take Eifert in the 1st round, Kelce could be a possibility in the 3rd or 4th round, but I like Escobar better.