PDA

View Full Version : Vacarro , Jones, Cooper, Warmack,Austin, and Patterson are gone by 17 .

Steelstoned1972
04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
There are no willing trading partners to trade back. who do you take ? I've enclosed a link to an article that divides up prospects into tiers: Elite, blue chip , and red chip.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000160229/article/2013-nfl-draft-tiers-elite-prospects-blue-chips-and-red-chips

who would you pick taking into account that you would ideally like to end up with at least two players in the first 3 rounds from this list ?

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Matt Elam, Arthur Brown or Alec Ogletree.

No biggie if the guys you mentioned are gone.

ebsteelers
04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
i panic and pull a vikings hahaha..

probably draft arthur brown seems like a good fit at olb,

desertsteel
04-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Eifert. I would be excited about him even if all those guys were still available. I'm dreaming of the day when Ben has a 2 TE offense like NE's. Our offense would be unstoppable.

desertsteel
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
"Page not found" on your link btw

Steelstoned1972
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Eifert. I would be excited about him even if all those guys were still available. I'm dreaming of the day when Ben has a 2 TE offense like NE's. Our offense would be unstoppable.

Id go Eifert too. alot of good safeties and wr to choose from later .

Steelstoned1972
04-17-2013, 12:51 PM
"Page not found" on your link btw

damn , i dont know why the link didnt work i copied it of of the post in the war room. you can find the working link there..... I adjusted re added link. it seemed to be working now

teegre
04-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Good link, and an even better question. :thumbsup:

HUH...???
Regarding the article, at the bottom, he talks about the five guys who will make the most impact... but, three of them are "red chippers" and the other two are merely "blue chippers"... as in: none of them are listed in his "elite" level. Uh... if those five are going to make the most impact, then wouldn't they be the "elite" players???

WHO BUCKY WOULD TAKE
Using the article as a guide, here is who I see as being the best value (based on the statuses listed, and who would actually be available in each round):

R1: John Cooper (elite)
R2: Robert Woods (red chipper)
R3: Le'Veon Bell (red chipper)

WHO WOULD I TAKE
Obviously, I would take Elam... but, I know (& admit) that that has a lot to do with my man-crush on that player. Realistically, if those other players were gone, I could make a case for any of the following players (& I'd be pretty happy with any of them):
Matt Elam, SS
Tyler Eifert, TE
Arthur Brown, LB
Desmond Trufant, CB
&
I would not be surprised by Manti Te'o (although, if any of the first four are still there, I'd rather it would be one of them).

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
probably draft arthur brown seems like a good fit at olb,

the Steelers are looking at Arthur Brown as an ILB...

teegre
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
the Steelers are looking at Arthur Brown as an ILB...

Yep... he is Sean Spence, part II. Thus, Brown makes a lot of sense.

Alas, if not for that Carolina pre-season game, we'd already have an ILB like Brown.

Steelstoned1972
04-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Good link, and an even better question. :thumbsup:

HUH...???
Regarding the article, at the bottom, he talks about the five guys who will make the most impact... but, three of them are "red chippers" and the other two are merely "blue chippers"... as in: none of them are listed in his "elite" level. Uh... if those five are going to make the most impact, then wouldn't they be the "elite" players???

WHO BUCKY WOULD TAKE
Using the article as a guide, here is who I see as being the best value (based on the statuses listed, and who would actually be available in each round):

R1: John Cooper (elite)
R2: Robert Woods (red chipper)
R3: Le'Veon Bell (red chipper)

WHO WOULD I TAKE
Obviously, I would take Elam... but, I know (& admit) that that has a lot to do with my man-crush on that player. Realistically, if those other players were gone, I could make a case for any of the following players (& I'd be pretty happy with any of them):
Matt Elam, SS
Tyler Eifert, TE
Arthur Brown, LB
Desmond Trufant, CB
&
I would not be surprised by Manti Te'o (although, if any of the first four are still there, I'd rather it would be one of them).

Im starting to wonder if bell will be there in the third round. Gil brandt has him as 2nd ranked rb , Bucky brooks has him i do believe as his #1 back. Brooks was a scout and brandt was a front office man. are they closer to the truth than draft gurus mayock and kiper who barely have him in their top ten backs ? So who knows who is right. Brandt has him as the 2nd rated back at #55 on his board so if that holds true our 48th pick maybe the only viable option.

xbroughneck
04-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Robert Woods would be a steal in the 2nd round. He has #1 receiver talent and he'd be the Steelers best receiver in two years.

Unfortunately, HE AINT GOING TO BE THERE IN THE SECOND ROUND.

Steelers need to get him in the 1st (reach, but worth it), and grab a corner or ILB in the 2nd. RB in the 3rd round.

pczach
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Im starting to wonder if bell will be there in the third round. Gil brandt has him as 2nd ranked rb , Bucky brooks has him i do believe as his #1 back. Brooks was a scout and brandt was a front office man. are they closer to the truth than draft gurus mayock and kiper who barely have him in their top ten backs ? So who knows who is right. Brandt has him as the 2nd rated back at #55 on his board so if that holds true our 48th pick maybe the only viable option.

The good news is that running backs generally fall in the draft. Most teams just look at them as a position that could be addressed later. Don't be surprised if he's around in the 3rd. Of course, I could be completely wrong!

Steelstoned1972
04-17-2013, 04:10 PM
The good news is that running backs generally fall in the draft. Most teams just look at them as a position that could be addressed later. Don't be surprised if he's around in the 3rd. Of course, I could be completely wrong!

Thanks , pczach. I know rbs have been falling lately. Im just wondering after the 1st domino falls (Lacy) will there be a run on running backs ? It seems there are always runs on certain positions at certain points in the draft. My thinking is some of the smaller backs even though good talents may not be as appealing as the bigger boys : Lacy , Bell, Michael, etc. I guess we will find out next week . I cant wait to get this party started !!!:drink:

Bane
04-17-2013, 04:27 PM
If none of those guys are there, then trade back. The Falcons are apparently looking to move up, and they traded a boatload to Cleveland a couple years ago so they could move up and snag Julio Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/17/falcons-trying-to-trade-up-in-the-nfl-draft/

PhantomJB93
04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Mingo? Figure he'd be available there if ALL of them were gone. If not him I'd reach on Elam or Justin Hunter.

teegre
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM

Argh... (envision me as an angry pirate).

Really though, who knows??? What I do not want to see happen, is for the Steelers to feel that they "have" to have any one player (except for Elam LOL). If Bell last until R3, then jackpot!!! But, if he goes in R2, then there is alwasy Franklin & Lattimore.

Now... if Bell, Franklin, & Lattimore all go in R2... then... well... hmmm.

If none of those guys are there, then trade back. The Falcons are apparently looking to move up, and they traded a boatload to Cleveland a couple years ago so they could move up and snag Julio Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/17/falcons-trying-to-trade-up-in-the-nfl-draft/

My guess is that it is Eifert. If so, then the Steelers should talk this kid up... and then, trade with the Falcons. At 30, I would hope that Elam would still be there... and also get Atlanta's R2 & R3 picks... that would make for a lot of good players:

30: SS Elam
R2: WR Woods
R2: OLB Lemonier
R3: RB Bell (or Franklin, or Lattimore)
R3: TE Escobar
R4: CB McFadden

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 05:53 PM
and also get Atlanta's R2 & R3 picks

I doubt they'd give that up to move up 13 spots. If they do, though, we'd absolutely have to take it.

Varg
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
I would take eifert for sure to contribute right away. Plenty if starter quality at rb and wr in the later rounds. I wouldn't waste an early pick on a olb, give worlids a chance unless the front office already accepts that second round pick we used on him a waste. Eifert, woods, and bell this draft with a young corner in the later rounds . That would reload the offense this year giving us a good shot at winning the division . Wait till next year to reload on defense . By that time keisal and Troy are gone .

teegre
04-17-2013, 06:00 PM
I doubt they'd give that up to move up 13 spots. If they do, though, we'd absolutely have to take it.

You never know. the Steelers really wanted Troy... and gave up a R2 & R3 pick. Plus, the Falcons' R2 & R3 picks are late picks (30th)... and thus, they are not as valuable as one would think.

And, when Dimitroff WANTS a player, he gives up the farm to do so.

teegre
04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Whoops!!! The Steelers gave up a R3 and a R6 for Troy.

I remembered not having a R2 pick... but, that is because it was Alonzo Jackson... who, really, was like having NO pick.

ETL
04-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Troy Edwards

(How about Woerner)

Bane
04-17-2013, 06:47 PM

Even if they just give up an extra third and maybe sixth, I'd take that. I feel like jumping up 13 spots, even to the mid rounds, would pull at least two picks this year (in addition to swapping first rounders), plus one mid- or low-rounder next year.

ebsteelers
04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
a team like the falcons feels like they are only one player away in which in some ways they are so it makes sense that they would be willing to trade up and grab the top te or whatever they felt was that one player