PDA

View Full Version : Ravens will open in Denver

Fire Haley
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Ravens will open in Denver for 2013 NFL Kickoff

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22097341/2013-nfl-schedule-ravens-will-open-in-denver-for-2013-nfl-kickoff

-------------------

on the road

in Denver

Perfect! :tt02:

Vis
04-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Maybe Manning will pick up some pointers from Flacco

CrickRat23
04-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Lets go Broncos, get some revenge on the Ratbirds. I know we allready beat this to death, but I still dont know why they just dont move the game to a different night so the Ravens can play at home. Not that I give a damn about the Ravens, but it only seems fair.

jacobo
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
so why exactly doesn't the champion doesn't get to open up at home? I can't remember the last time that happened.

Vis
04-18-2013, 02:53 PM
so why exactly doesn't the champion doesn't get to open up at home? I can't remember the last time that happened.

conflict with baseball

vasteeler
04-18-2013, 03:06 PM
the ravens got screwed in my opinion....but really thats o.k. by me

Lady Steel
04-19-2013, 01:33 AM
I don't care if it's not fair or the Ravens got screwed. Really. I don't. :chuckle:

WVABE
04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
If a team wins it all they should at least open on their home field.

Buddha Bus
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Rex Ryan chides Orioles for not deferring to Ravens
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: April 18, 2013 at 09:03 p.m.

Rex Ryan was on a conference call with New York-area reporters on Thursday, ostensibly to discuss the Jets' just-released 2013 schedule.

Ryan seemed more preoccupied, however, with the fact that the Baltimore Ravens will open their title defense on the road against the Denver Broncos.

The Ravens were forced to begin their season away from Charm City because Major League Baseball's Baltimore Orioles have a home date on Thursday, Sept. 5. The Ravens and Orioles share a parking lot, and the Orioles apparently were unwilling to shake up their schedule for the good of a fellow civic institution.

This didn't sit well with Ryan, who spent four years on the Ravens' coaching staff before joining the Jets in 2009.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161601/article/rex-ryan-chides-orioles-for-not-deferring-to-ravens

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

What a friggin' idiot! Don't you think you have enough of your own problems to deal with in NY, Rexy? Worrying about your former football team's schedule and MLB's unwillingness to grovel at the feet of Herr Goodell should be the least of your concerns, you loud-mouthed dolt.

Man just can't shut up and not put his foot in his mouth. Of course, he probably has ulterior motives for wanting to do that. :chuckle:

NSMaster56
04-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Rex Ryan upset? That's unpossible.

Galax Steeler
04-20-2013, 05:21 AM
Who cares if he is upset or not.

JonM229
04-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Rex Ryan wishes he stayed in Baltimore. Say what you want about Flacco, I'd take him every time over the dirty Sanchez.

sluggermatt15
04-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Despite the religious holiday, the Ravens should have decided to play the game on Wednesday night. Poor decision by the team not to do so.

steelerchad
04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Rex Ryan wishes he stayed in Baltimore. Say what you want about Flacco, I'd take him every time over the dirty Sanchez.

Flacco over Sanchez. There's a stretch.
Below is my list of NFL QB's I would take over Sanchez. I probably forgot a few more.

Big Ben
Dalton
Flacco
Brady
Tannehill
Fitzpatrick
Palmer
Rivers
A. Smith
P. Manning
Hasselback
Luck
Schaub
Brees
Ryan
Freeman
Newton
Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Romo
RG3
E. Manning
Vick
Kaepernick
Wilson
Bradford

The_Joker
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Flacco over Sanchez. There's a stretch.
Below is my list of NFL QB's I would take over Sanchez. I probably forgot a few more.

Big Ben
Dalton
Flacco
Brady
Tannehill
Fitzpatrick
Palmer
Rivers
A. Smith
P. Manning
Hasselback
Luck
Schaub
Brees
Ryan
Freeman
Newton
Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Romo
RG3
E. Manning
Vick
Kaepernick
Wilson
Bradford

Captain Kirk? Nick Foles? Matt Flynn?

Neil O'Donnell?

A pile of shit?

Sarah Palin?

RavenManiac
04-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Despite the religious holiday, the Ravens should have decided to play the game on Wednesday night. Poor decision by the team not to do so.

The team (Ravens) had nothing to do with it. The league makes the schedule and they ruled out a Wednesday night game early and unequivocally.

And the Orioles are at home all that weekend and Monday, so there was no way the Ravens could have opened at home unless the O's moved one of their games. And that didn't happen.

The league cares about a good opener (matchup), and a good night (Thursday). It doesn't care that much (at all) about where the game is played. And since the issue was entirely caused by Baltimore (not having a stadium/parking, etc to play in Thursday through Monday), it doesn't surprise me that Baltimore suffers. It isn't like anyone else cares where the game is played.

Lady Steel
04-22-2013, 11:50 PM
It isn't like anyone else cares where the game is played.

True. :coffee:

sluggermatt15
04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
The team (Ravens) had nothing to do with it. The league makes the schedule and they ruled out a Wednesday night game early and unequivocally.

And the Orioles are at home all that weekend and Monday, so there was no way the Ravens could have opened at home unless the O's moved one of their games. And that didn't happen.

The league cares about a good opener (matchup), and a good night (Thursday). It doesn't care that much (at all) about where the game is played. And since the issue was entirely caused by Baltimore (not having a stadium/parking, etc to play in Thursday through Monday), it doesn't surprise me that Baltimore suffers. It isn't like anyone else cares where the game is played.

Thank you for correcting me. IMO it's unfortunate to see the league force the Ravens to open the regular season on the road. I don't like seeing the tradition of the SB champ opening on Thursday night at home in prime time on national tv. But sometimes things just don't work out. Oh well. This should be a GREAT game, nonetheless!