PDA

View Full Version : Steelers should trade Big Ben

PATS16N0
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
But the front office doesn't have the balls to make good decisions.

Nobody over states their quarterback like Steelers fans. Sorry, but it's true.
The guy isn't a "great." He's not even close to being anywhere near the same hemisphere as any top ten list. Not even top twenty all time.

In other words, he's tradeable. He's coming off a Tebow play off loss and last year he didn't even make the post season. This with one of the better groups of receivers in the NFL..

I would of put him up for trade this season while he's still worth something.
After next season his stock drops significantly and he isn't giving you a Superbowl in the mean time.

SteelersCanada
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37112268.jpg

Bayz101
04-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Your posts are a lot less constructive these days.

Hell, I remember back when the Patriots we're preparing to face the Giants. You we're a GREAT poster. I guess losing to the Giants twice in the Super Bowl does something to fan, not to mention a couple AFCCG loses when the pressure was on.

Front Office doesn't have stones? :chuckle:

But hey, this is the BF. It's okay to talk shit, obviously, but if you believe anything you're posting, I feel for ya. :heh:

Galax Steeler
04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
What a jack ass

vasteeler
04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
and how many superbowls has tom brady won since ben won two :coffee:

Galax Steeler
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
and how many superbowls has tom brady won since ben won two :coffee:

none since the spy gate

harrison'samonster
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
The Pats aren't winning SB's. Gotta find some way to make your team seem relevant to other football fans.

I guess this is one way of doing it?

stb_steeler
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Your posts are a lot less constructive these days.

Hell, I remember back when the Patriots we're preparing to face the Giants. You we're a GREAT poster. I guess losing to the Giants twice in the Super Bowl does something to fan, not to mention a couple AFCCG loses when the pressure was on.

Front Office doesn't have stones? :chuckle:

But hey, this is the BF. It's okay to talk shit, obviously, but if you believe anything you're posting, I feel for ya. :heh:

What are you smoking these days Bayz!....He was never anything more than a poser.....

Buddha Bus
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/2/2/1/5/8/1/Its-a-troll-34199650392.jpeg

fansince'76
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
But the front office doesn't have the balls to make good decisions.

Nobody over states their quarterback like Steelers fans. Sorry, but it's true.
The guy isn't a "great." He's not even close to being anywhere near the same hemisphere as any top ten list. Not even top twenty all time.

In other words, he's tradeable. He's coming off a Tebow play off loss and last year he didn't even make the post season. This with one of the better groups of receivers in the NFL..

I would of put him up for trade this season while he's still worth something.
After next season his stock drops significantly and he isn't giving you a Superbowl in the mean time.

Once again...

Just for you. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=1102324#post1102324)

Lady Steel
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
http://abovethelaw.com/2009/08/26/douche.jpg

sluggermatt15
04-19-2013, 07:32 PM
NEPatriots has a point that Ben hasn't been "great" the past 2 years. I can accept that. But I still wouldn't call Ben "tradable". The guy is a franchise player. Look at his accomplishments and all he's done since his inception - Steelers records, rookie records, 3 SB appearances, 2 SB rings, All-Pro, etc. How is a guy with those credentials expendable? The answer is he is NOT. I think if you want to talk about a player who is "tradable" that has been in the NFL for as long as Big Ben, you should consider Phillip Rivers.

steelerchad
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
COMON guy. You can't possibly believe that a 31yr old QB with 2 SB wins, 3 AFCC wins, and who has never had a losing season in 9 years should be trade bait. I don't think anybody says he should be in the top 10 all time right now. But, he's been consistently in the top 5 QB's in the league for most of his career.

You have to have a top tier QB to win in this league. Why would you trade one, not knowing you'll get another in return? We know all too well about this in Pittsburgh. Between Bradshaw and Ben we had a bunch of nobodies and no SB's to show for it in those 25 years. In the 2 decades we had them ,6 SB's.

PATS16N0
04-19-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm just saying Ben isn't Joe Montana. If you trade him before his end, it isn't going to be a black mark on Steeler nation for all eternity, cursing you to a century of blunders.

I don't think the Steelers can build a legitimate Superbowl contender before he's finished. He's injury prone, holds the ball WAY too long, and gets the shit kicked out of him every season. Your team is already basically in a state of rebuilding.

I'd dump him for a ton of picks.

Galax Steeler
04-20-2013, 06:02 AM
At least our quarterback don't fall on the ground and yell Brady rule Brady rule. Ben don't kick at defenders when he is on the ground. Admit it Brady is the pusy of all quarterbacks and you know it.

caplovestroyp43
04-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Tammy or Ben? Ben or Tammy? Yep, we'll take Ben. He's a REAL man and the toughest SOB on the field especially when it comes to playing with injuries.

You keep your pansy, little girl, spoiled brat, delicate, fragile QB. When he learns how to run with the big dogs like Ben, then you can run your mouth.

Idiot!

stb_steeler
04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Lets go to his board and start a trade Brady thread...:thumbsup:

vasteeler
04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm just saying Ben isn't Joe Montana. If you trade him before his end, it isn't going to be a black mark on Steeler nation for all eternity, cursing you to a century of blunders.

I don't think the Steelers can build a legitimate Superbowl contender before he's finished. He's injury prone, holds the ball WAY too long, and gets the shit kicked out of him every season. Your team is already basically in a state of rebuilding.

I'd dump him for a ton of picks.

:doh:

CrickRat23
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
F Brady and F the Patriots.

PATS16N0
04-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Tammy or Ben? Ben or Tammy? Yep, we'll take Ben. He's a REAL man and the toughest SOB on the field especially when it comes to playing with injuries.

You keep your pansy, little girl, spoiled brat, delicate, fragile QB. When he learns how to run with the big dogs like Ben, then you can run your mouth.

Idiot!

Not true. Brady plays injured every season. He had a shoulder injury and an arm injury in 2011 (their last Superbowl year) and we didn't hear a word about these injuries until after the season finished. We heard speculation from announcers, but nothing from Brady and nothing from New England.

When Ben gets a hang nail, he calls a press conference and then nails himself to a cross in front of Steeler nation to make sure everybody knows how injured and melodramatic he is. I can't think of a single time that Big Ben didn't make a giant public production out of one of his injuries, so you can pretend he's super tough, but IMO, the man who bares his pain like a man, is more a man than the man who whines and complains and tells everyone how tough he is for playing injured.

I'd give his "toughness" more credit if he wasn't looking for public martyrdom every time he sprains his ankle.

Bayz101
04-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Actually, if anything, i'd be looking into trading Brady.

He's older than Ben, and you're trying to make him out as someone who plays injured more than Ben, so he's obviously having trouble taking hits at his old age. Not to mention the fact that the Patriots haven't had a successful Super Bowl run since 2005 with him on the field. Hell, Ben's won TWO Super Bowl's since Brady last won it!

Trade Brady!

PATS16N0
04-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Actually, if anything, i'd be looking into trading Brady.

He's older than Ben, and you're trying to make him out as someone who plays injured more than Ben, so he's obviously having trouble taking hits at his old age. Not to mention the fact that the Patriots haven't had a successful Super Bowl run since 2005 with him on the field. Hell, Ben's won TWO Super Bowl's since Brady last won it!

Trade Brady!

Considering Brady made a strong case last season for league MVP, and lead the third highest scoring offense in league history to another AFC Championship game despite his best players missing half the season, I'd say Brady is a keeper.

PATS16N0
04-20-2013, 02:09 PM
If Eli doesn't complete the miracle helmet catch, New England has a 19-0 banner in their stadium.

With a healthy Gronkowski, the Patriots have another back to back Superbowl wins (2011 & 2012)

Don't be too surprised when Brady gets his ring #4.

steelerchad
04-20-2013, 03:43 PM
If Eli doesn't complete the miracle helmet catch, New England has a 19-0 banner in their stadium.

With a healthy Gronkowski, the Patriots have another back to back Superbowl wins (2011 & 2012)

Lotta if's in football. Health is usually the biggest downfall of all teams.
Surprised? At this point, I'd be utterly shocked if the Pats won another. I'll be even more shocked if the Pats are more than a mediocre .500 type team when Brady's gone.

Galax Steeler
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass now would he.:doh:

vasteeler
04-20-2013, 06:09 PM

if my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle

vasteeler
04-20-2013, 06:11 PM
also IF you guys had not cheated you wouldnt have won 3 superbowls

caplovestroyp43
04-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Not true. Brady plays injured every season. He had a shoulder injury and an arm injury in 2011 (their last Superbowl year) and we didn't hear a word about these injuries until after the season finished. We heard speculation from announcers, but nothing from Brady and nothing from New England.

When Ben gets a hang nail, he calls a press conference and then nails himself to a cross in front of Steeler nation to make sure everybody knows how injured and melodramatic he is. I can't think of a single time that Big Ben didn't make a giant public production out of one of his injuries, so you can pretend he's super tough, but IMO, the man who bares his pain like a man, is more a man than the man who whines and complains and tells everyone how tough he is for playing injured.

I'd give his "toughness" more credit if he wasn't looking for public martyrdom every time he sprains his ankle.

I REFUSE to have a battle of wits with someone as unarmed as you are!! Go away!! This is STEELER NATION not Tammy Brady hour. :mad:

stb_steeler
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I REFUSE to have a battle of wits with someone as unarmed as you are!! Go away!! This is STEELER NATION not Tammy Brady hour. :mad:

They got tired of him on the Patriots board...:kick:

PATS16N0
04-21-2013, 07:22 PM
also IF you guys had not cheated you wouldnt have won 3 superbowls

Curious what having a cameraman at a Jets practice in 2007 has anything to do with winning Superbowls in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

I'd ask you to clarify but I know you really don't know either. Just repeating a lie until it's true.

harrison'samonster
04-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Curious what having a cameraman at a Jets practice in 2007 has anything to do with winning Superbowls in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

I'd ask you to clarify but I know you really don't know either. Just repeating a lie until it's true.

do you mean you are just repeating a lie until it's true?

PATS16N0
04-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Sorry, not so full of hate for a team that my logic is twisted to the point that I would actually believe that the evil New England Patriots won 3 Championships by secretly knowing every play of their opponent and calling the exact counter-play, and the whole team was in one it, and this went took place with every reset of the play clock, all season long, and blah blah blah blah blah.

Tin foil hat NFL conspiracy theories.

BTW Didn't the Patriots score a bunch of points against you in the play offs, during one of our Superbowl seasons, WITH SPECIAL TEAMS?

What evil was Belichick conjuring to pull that off? What without the use of memorized defensive signals and all.

Galax Steeler
04-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Sorry, not so full of hate for a team that my logic is twisted to the point that I would actually believe that the evil New England Patriots won 3 Championships by secretly knowing every play of their opponent and calling the exact counter-play, and the whole team was in one it, and this went took place with every reset of the play clock, all season long, and blah blah blah blah blah.

Tin foil hat NFL conspiracy theories.

BTW Didn't the Patriots score a bunch of points against you in the play offs, during one of our Superbowl seasons, WITH SPECIAL TEAMS?

What evil was Belichick conjuring to pull that off? What without the use of memorized defensive signals and all.

Like I said before:jerkit:

PATS16N0
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Your team got lucky the Patriots got knocked out of the post season by a Rex Ryan defense, division rival and all, after stomping them 45-3 a few weeks earlier. You wouldn't even of seen your last Superbowl. Jets in the AFC Championship game? lol.

Your last Superbowl win was a result of playing pretenders in the post season and Tom Brady being out that season. Wow, you made it past the Chargers to face down the LOLCardinals in the Superbowl.

Right place, right time. Not impressed.

If Brady didn't go down with season ending injury, you can kiss that last ring goodbye.
You played a bunch of nobodies that year. Had to go through the Chargers and to get to the big bad show down with Arizona lol.

Talk about a freebie.

When the Patriots won Superbowls, they went through EVERYBODY. Colts. Steelers. Eagles, etc

vasteeler
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM

um........thats just the one you got caught with :doh:

Galax Steeler
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh god more bullshit :coffee:

Lady Steel
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhtf30pT3C1qgmsfxo1_250.jpg

IowaSteeler927
04-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Yeah we should just up and trade our 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback and leader of the football team. :rofl: Last year when we lost Ward, Smith, Hoke, etc... I think it hurt our team because we lost that veteran presence. We lost leaders. Ben is becoming a more effective leader. He's saying all the right things to the media. and his demeanor just seems much better.

As for him holding on to the ball too long and all the other garbage crap you're spewing Cheatriots fan... That's just his playing style. It's high risk high reward. Sometimes those plays don't end up well but more often than not his creativity, and ability to extend plays helps us win football games. We have been good because we have Ben Roethlisberger. The guy was the most sacked quarterback in the league for how many seasons? Yet we still won two Super Bowls behind offensive lines that definitely weren't elite by any means. One good season with minimal injuries and this team is much better than last seasons 8-8 record would indicate. Let's not forget that the Steelers were about to take the lead against the Packers in Super Bowl XLV before Mendenhall decided to cough up the ball and screw away our chances of winning a 7th Super Bowl Title.

Buddha Bus
04-26-2013, 09:07 AM

And don't forget that sprained vagina and broken high heel he played through. :wink02:

And I'm curious as to what reasoning there would be to risk something that was against NFL rules if they didn't gain anything from it? I'm still waiting for a logical response from you loudmouthed Patriot asshats for that question. Yes, let's risk being disciplined by the league for doing something totally illegal that doesn't benefit us in the least. Seems like solid reasoning. :blah: :rolleyes:

fansince'76
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Your last Superbowl win was a result of playing pretenders in the post season and Tom Brady being out that season. Wow, you made it past the Chargers to face down the LOLCardinals in the Superbowl.

As opposed to the bestest, most dreamiest, most wondrfulest QB EVURRR getting punked in two Super Bowls by Eli "Gomer" Manning and getting outplayed decisively at home in back-to-back AFCCGs by Joe "Moonball" Flacco?

Face it, you haven't "won" jack shit since you got caught cheating. Not impressed.

Now run along and go spank it to your Brady fathead some more, babygirl...

The_Joker
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
NEPats went from cool to tool...

ebsteelers
04-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Your team got lucky the Patriots got knocked out of the post season by a Rex Ryan defense, division rival and all, after stomping them 45-3 a few weeks earlier. You wouldn't even of seen your last Superbowl. Jets in the AFC Championship game? lol.

If Brady didn't go down with season ending injury, you can kiss that last ring goodbye.
You played a bunch of nobodies that year. Had to go through the Chargers and to get to the big bad show down with Arizona lol.

Talk about a freebie.

When the Patriots won Superbowls, they went through EVERYBODY. Colts. Steelers. Eagles, etc

if this if that if this if that

serious question

when was the last time the steelers won the super bowl?

when was the last time the pats won the super bowl?

every time i look your on this board, why not spend some time on your pats boards?
For a team you say the pats are far superior than, you spend an awful lot of time here

Lady Steel
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM
The Patricheats are in such a tough division dontcha know. :doh:

The_Joker
04-30-2013, 05:54 AM
I, unlike most Steelers fans, have immense respect for the Patriots and don't hate them (that much). But it's guys like this I just wanna strangle.

Hawaii 5-0
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
NEPats went from cool to tool...

to fool...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZn0AM94h7FJaKEqn6bgMx_YDYdKuFN DBzPMAPdP8t9g7kRFKzAQ

pczach
05-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Talk about a freebie.

Suck on this loser....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpir-GQIaluZiYquJhnjL2pN9wcEmEP47AJibvszAcN3ah5C7gIw

Bane
05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
The Steelers should trade the one quarterback who has been consistently tough and clutch when it counts, and the Patriots shouldn't trade the quarterback who hasn't won anything of importance since his coach got busted filming the opposing teams.

Someone put this guy in a front office. Pronto.