PDA

View Full Version : best game ever

19ward86
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
madden came out yesterday and i went up to blockbuster and got it. the game is off the chains, if u play madden then you will be amazed. compared to madden 05 this game is reality. some controls are different again and the game is so much more complicated, i played it yesterday for like 7 hrs. reggie bush isnt much, just a lot of speed (97)acceleration and agility are both (98).

Hammer67
08-23-2006, 03:46 PM
madden came out yesterday and i went up to blockbuster and got it. the game is off the chains, if u play madden then you will be amazed. compared to madden 05 this game is reality. some controls are different again and the game is so much more complicated, i played it yesterday for like 7 hrs. reggie bush isnt much, just a lot of speed (97)acceleration and agility are both (98).

No offense man but Madden 07 is rather similar to 05. If you have X-Box, do yourself a favor and go rent ESPN 2K5 by Sega. Download updated rosters and see what you think.

Throughout the years, Madden never had any great competition so updates were limited to strange additions like the passing cone or Superstar mode and roster updates. The graphics and sound on Madden 07 are the same as Madden 03 aside from a few newer animations. THere have been no changes to the Dynasty mode.

Why pay $40 for a roster upgrade?

I don't dislike Madden, I am just mad that EA won the exclusive contract with the NFL.

No competition = lazy game developers!

Hawk Believer
08-23-2006, 04:03 PM
No offense man but Madden 07 is rather similar to 05. If you have X-Box, do yourself a favor and go rent ESPN 2K5 by Sega. Download updated rosters and see what you think.

Throughout the years, Madden never had any great competition so updates were limited to strange additions like the passing cone or Superstar mode and roster updates. The graphics and sound on Madden 07 are the same as Madden 03 aside from a few newer animations. THere have been no changes to the Dynasty mode.

I don't dislike Madden, I am just mad that EA won the exclusive contract with the NFL.

Reminds me of a quote that I think Adam Smith said. The biggest threat to the capitalism is the capatalist.

If someone actually wins out and gets a monopoly of a sector, the product and consumers will suffer.

Mosca
08-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't play computer/video games, but I came this close to getting it on hype. Then I thought, "Who am I kidding, I'll never play that!"

I used to play Air Warrior on line, but that was it. Nothing else ever caught my fancy.

Tom

SteelCzar76
08-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Yeah,....i was sick too when E.A essentialy shut down ESPN 2k.(Damn i won alot of cake off that game. lol) I thought the Gameplay and Graphics were superior to Madden's. However,....i can live with 07. (But then again i guess i have no choice ?)

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

19ward86
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
i play with PS2, the graphics are the same but when u play u will see that the players when they get hit look more realistic, they sway and swiver. when running the runner doesnt just get tackled anymore he runs through it, literally u see the tailback running with the defender hanging on the back, after you play it you will see. i want it on 360 and with a big screen. oh baby

PisnNapalm
08-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Amen brother... :dang:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Reminds me of a quote that I think Adam Smith said. The biggest threat to the capitalism is the capatalist.

If someone actually wins out and gets a monopoly of a sector, the product and consumers will suffer.
I agree..............They have no worries about making a better product because the consumers are stuck with just madden....l NO reason to make improvements

boLT fan
08-24-2006, 10:34 AM

What more do you want EA to do? Although I agree that the 2k series was better, Madden seems to be adding as many updates as they can. But what all can you add to a football game? They have improved the animations greatly over Madden 06, although bringing back in Superstar mode and making it even better. With any more updates it would just bog down the game more with a ton more buttons you have to press to get a play off. At this point i'd be happy with just a graphics and roster update. And yes, I WOULD pay $40 for a new roster and graphics.

Hammer67
08-24-2006, 07:09 PM
i play with PS2, the graphics are the same but when u play u will see that the players when they get hit look more realistic, they sway and swiver. when running the runner doesnt just get tackled anymore he runs through it, literally u see the tailback running with the defender hanging on the back, after you play it you will see. i want it on 360 and with a big screen. oh baby

I have it...and it looks the same aside from a few minor animation changes. The graphics engine is on it's last legs.

I understand they are in between generations with the 360 and PS3 on the horizon. This may be the last XBox and PS2 versin available.

Lets just hope EA gets off their ass and gives us something different for our cash!

If you played 2K5, then you know what I am talking about in that they could do SO MUCH more with presentation.

Hammer67
08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
What more do you want EA to do? Although I agree that the 2k series was better, Madden seems to be adding as many updates as they can. But what all can you add to a football game? They have improved the animations greatly over Madden 06, although bringing back in Superstar mode and making it even better. With any more updates it would just bog down the game more with a ton more buttons you have to press to get a play off. At this point i'd be happy with just a graphics and roster update. And yes, I WOULD pay $40 for a new roster and graphics.

Dude...did you see what 2K5 did with the ESPN license???? Berman's Prime Time reports during the dynasty seasons and half time updates? How about CUSTOM MUSIC during a game??? How about some new commentary from Michaels and Madden!! How about making it so your season gams have some context?

2K5 used to throw cutscenes, replays & updates at you during the season. The announcers knew what your record was.

Madden has had the ESPN license for two years now...and what do you get with it?? The ESPN logo splashed a few places???

lilyoder6
08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
i read the newpaper today after my football scrimmage and it said that madden has sold like 51 million copies over the last 17 yrs and made 1.7 bill dollars. i like how they did the upgrades and stuff and they did change dynasty mode on how u can track players in college that u want to recruit..

Hammer67
08-25-2006, 06:19 AM
i read the newpaper today after my football scrimmage and it said that madden has sold like 51 million copies over the last 17 yrs and made 1.7 bill dollars. i like how they did the upgrades and stuff and they did change dynasty mode on how u can track players in college that u want to recruit..

Of course it's made boatloads of money because for the longest time there was no competition. Does anyone remember the differences between Madden 02 and madden 03? Were there any?

As soon as a worthy competitor came along...EA dumped a ton of money on the NFL for exclusive rights.

That is the most suprising thing. No competition. Nothing to push them to make a better game.

Do you really think tracking players in college is worth another $40? Is it worth it over Madden 06?

You know, I have NCAA 07 and I track my players that way. So, no need for 07 if that's what you want.

I don't meen to sound like I am bashing Madden...I really am not. I like the game. But at some point, we can't be sheep and blindly buy this crap every year. Nobody even cares. What was the upgrade last year? Passing cones?