PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall loving it in Arizona

Atlanta Dan
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Mendy waxes poetic about his new location

I've discovered a childlike happiness within these silent walls; a peaceful delight that's eluded me for the past few years. Lebanese author and poet, Khalil Gibran once wrote that "your house is your larger self," and I believe my home now accurately reflects my interior feelings of being blissfully clear, reposed, stress-free, and almost entirely at peace.

If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go. It may be that very thing that is keeping you from what you really want deep down inside. And when you let go, what comes in its place may be something that you could have never imaged, but is more beautiful than you would have ever envisioned. That is not just a theory it is something I know to be true. And that is because I am experiencing it right now, in sunny Arizona!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-mendenhall/simplicity_b_3128593.html

No question Mendenhall let go of being a Steeler - too bad he decided to do it before the season ended:banging:

Vis
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Mendy waxes poetic about his new location

I've discovered a childlike happiness within these silent walls; a peaceful delight that's eluded me for the past few years. Lebanese author and poet, Khalil Gibran once wrote that "your house is your larger self," and I believe my home now accurately reflects my interior feelings of being blissfully clear, reposed, stress-free, and almost entirely at peace.

If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go. It may be that very thing that is keeping you from what you really want deep down inside. And when you let go, what comes in its place may be something that you could have never imaged, but is more beautiful than you would have ever envisioned. That is not just a theory it is something I know to be true. And that is because I am experiencing it right now, in sunny Arizona!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-mendenhall/simplicity_b_3128593.html

No question Mendenhall let go of being a Steeler - too bad he decided to do it before the season ended:banging:

It was the humidity in PA

MasterOfPuppets
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Clay-Matthews-Mendenhall-Fumble.jpg

fansince'76
04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Tell me how happy you are in August when you're roasting in 120+ temperatures, Rashard...

Atlanta Dan
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Clay-Matthews-Mendenhall-Fumble.jpg

:toofunny:

lloydwoodson
04-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Let go? He has come completely unhinged.

"No flat-screen TV, no high-speed Wi-Fi, no pictures, no snacks, not much of anything that would typically occupy an American living space."

He is one of those hipsters who thinks it is cool to be multicultural and looks down upon the conventional way of life. I know the type really well. It is a very immature perspective. He speaks like a child on the adventure of moving.

The facts are he has the same offensive coordinator he always had. The offense is Arizona is not going to have a lead blocker. He is going to get stuck running to the right or RUTM over and over. It seems to me if he wanted a fresh start he wouldn't have moved to Steelers West where the exact same offense he has been in for the last 4 years will be run.

Khalil Gibran said a lot of stuff. Some other guy said "The definition of insanity is repeating the same behaviour and expecting a different result." Or something like it.

I am amazed at how sophisticated and globalized Mendenhall is without any technological advancements... except Twitter which is the only one he shouldn't use. :chuckle:

TRH
04-26-2013, 07:59 AM
good for him. Arizona is actually a miserable place to be for most of the year. I like how people say that only during a period such as a cold spring.
All he is doing is trying to make the best of his current situation (although he can't be faulted for that)

steelax04
04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
He is one of those hipsters who thinks it is cool to be multicultural and looks down upon the conventional way of life.

Sounds like the second coming of Ricky Williams.

stb_steeler
04-26-2013, 09:45 AM

You should send this to him...:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
You should send this to him...:thumbsup:
i still blame that fumble on johnson for not blocking ANYBODY on that play...

fansince'76
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM

Yep. You can actually see his left arm and shoulder pad in the picture, whereas his right thumb was firmly lodged up his ass.

Blackout
04-26-2013, 03:46 PM
It's funny, I'm relocating to Pit this weekend, but Mendy summed up exactly what I'm feeling.

Good stuff. " I can breathe in the air of a completely new place and leave all things that are behind me, exactly where they belong." Yup.

lloydwoodson
05-21-2013, 04:21 AM
Sounds like the second coming of Ricky Williams.

Yeah that is a definite parallel to Ricky. I like Ricky Williams he seems like a good guy who hates the spotlight. He has some antisocial tendencies which I can empathize with because people suck.

The thing I don't like about Mendenhall is he sounds elitist. There are a lot of different people living in America and many of them don't watch TV. Of all the things that could set a person apart from the crowd Mendenhall's greatest attribute in his mind is that he doesn't watch TV. Big deal.

IowaSteeler927
05-21-2013, 06:35 AM

Doesn't matter. It's the Super Bowl. You don't cough up the ball.

In regards to Mendenhall. Can't stand him. Terrible work ethic and he's really starting to annoy me with his Ricky Williams wannabe Rastafarian Hipster Conspiracy Theorist horse crap.

Lady Steel
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM
It's funny, I'm relocating to Pit this weekend, but Mendy summed up exactly what I'm feeling.

Good stuff. " I can breathe in the air of a completely new place and leave all things that are behind me, exactly where they belong." Yup.

Welcome to Pennsylvania! :tt:

zcoop
05-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to Pennsylvania! :tt:

Did you mean Transylvania? :chuckle:

Lady Steel
05-23-2013, 11:34 PM
No. :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
05-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Doesn't matter. It's the Super Bowl. You don't cough up the ball.

In regards to Mendenhall. Can't stand him. Terrible work ethic and he's really starting to annoy me with his Ricky Williams wannabe Rastafarian Hipster Conspiracy Theorist horse crap.
so what ....you don't believe he's a modern day slave ? :huh:

IowaSteeler927
05-24-2013, 12:19 AM
so what ....you don't believe he's a modern day slave ? :huh:

Forgive me but I'm confused as to what you're getting at.

Buddha Bus
05-24-2013, 03:35 AM
With any luck, Bell will make the next headline read "Pittsburgh loving Mendenhall in Arizona".