PDA

View Full Version : Greatness

hardwork
08-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Meet Mr. Cool

http://www.boston.com/brady

boLT fan
08-23-2006, 06:37 PM
This book convienatly left out the 06 season where they lost in the playoffs. Hmm...

PisnNapalm
08-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Book: Greatness, The Rise of Tom Brady

Tom Brady is the youngest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl.

The book is already obsolete.

Livinginthe past
08-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes there are some fairly major errors - that were corerct when it was written, but not now.

Im sure Steelers fans will point out the most obvious one with great glee :chuckle:

NM

PisnNapalm
08-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Hehe... Yeah that one was hard to ignore. LOL.

There's no denying Brady is a stud quarterback.

hardwork
08-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Meet Mr. Cool

http://www.boston.com/brady

I don't know who put that link up. I would never post out of date information.

HW

SteelCzar76
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I REALLY can't wait until we get another playoff shot at you,..........

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

klick81
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
The book is already obsolete.

Mmmmhmm. Worthless POS.

hardwork
08-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I REALLY can't wait until we get another playoff shot at you,..........

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Brady, Pats Trump Steelers

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, September 26, 2005
Moments after Hines Ward enlivened the Heinz Field crowd with a game-tying touchdown reception Sunday, he stuck his head underneath a towel.

"I didn't even want to watch," said the Pro Bowl wideout, whose four-yard score with 1:21 remaining evened things at 20-20 against the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. "I couldn't watch."

Ward's greatest fear soon came to fruition -- and the towel proved to be of absolutely no help. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady calmly walked onto the field and engineered a magical and methodical drive that ended with a 43-yard field goal by Adam Vinatieri with a second remaining.

And just like that, the Steelers were on the wrong end of a 23-20 outcome -- compliments of the coolest quarterback in the game.

"He's the best in the business. He's the reason they've won three of four championships," Ward said. "They had a great (kickoff) return before that last series, and I was just hoping our defense would hold up, maybe get a turnover. Maybe the Patriots would make a mistake. But, hey, they didn't do it. They played a full 60 minutes. We played 59. They're the champions."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/info/s_377903.html

SteelCzar76
08-24-2006, 02:27 AM
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Brady, Pats Trump Steelers

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, September 26, 2005
Moments after Hines Ward enlivened the Heinz Field crowd with a game-tying touchdown reception Sunday, he stuck his head underneath a towel.

"I didn't even want to watch," said the Pro Bowl wideout, whose four-yard score with 1:21 remaining evened things at 20-20 against the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. "I couldn't watch."

Ward's greatest fear soon came to fruition -- and the towel proved to be of absolutely no help. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady calmly walked onto the field and engineered a magical and methodical drive that ended with a 43-yard field goal by Adam Vinatieri with a second remaining.

And just like that, the Steelers were on the wrong end of a 23-20 outcome -- compliments of the coolest quarterback in the game.

"He's the best in the business. He's the reason they've won three of four championships," Ward said. "They had a great (kickoff) return before that last series, and I was just hoping our defense would hold up, maybe get a turnover. Maybe the Patriots would make a mistake. But, hey, they didn't do it. They played a full 60 minutes. We played 59. They're the champions."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/info/s_377903.html

The past is nothing but knowledge and or insight with which we will make great use of,......to shut you down.

"The immortal Gods' are accustomed at times to grant favorable circumstances and long impunity to men they wish to punish,.....so that they might smart the more severely from a change of Fortune"

Party over Patsy,.... LOL

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

hardwork
08-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Party over Patsy....

Don't bet the ranch Squeeler.

Mosca
08-24-2006, 10:31 AM
LOL, good thing there's always another season or we'd have nothing to jab at each other about!

I remember the first time he beat us in the playoffs, I'm wondering, "Who the heck is this kid? We should be tearing him up!" But he never faltered. One of the best, for now anyhow.

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
LOL, good thing there's always another season or we'd have nothing to jab at each other about!

I remember the first time he beat us in the playoffs, I'm wondering, "Who the heck is this kid? We should be tearing him up!" But he never faltered. One of the best, for now anyhow.actually the steelers were tearing him up to the point of knocking him out of the game. at which point i said uh-oh cause veteran d. bledsoe came in at a point brady was starting to look shell shocked.

HometownGal
08-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Tom Brady is most definitely the best QB in the NFL right now, hands down. Key words being "right now". He's definitely the classiest member of the Pats' team and I enjoy watching him play (YES I'm a Steelers fan through and through), unless he is playing against us. Cowher jumped over one hurdle by winning that elusive Lombardi - look out Pats when we meet again. Bwa ha ha! :cool:

SteelCzar76
08-24-2006, 02:13 PM
actually the steelers were tearing him up to the point of knocking him out of the game. at which point i said uh-oh cause veteran d. bledsoe came in at a point brady was starting to look shell shocked.

That's exactly how i remember it as well Tone. It will always be in my mind,... the Game that started the "Evil Patsy" Dynasty. (LOL) I also believe that even with the special teams mishaps,......we could have still won,...if Kordell didn't pull yet another big game meltdown.

I give credit where it's due,....Marsha is probably the best QB,... for "now" (as HomeTown stated). That Being said,...he is Great,....why he's the,....

"Pope of pole Smoke", "The Duke of Dook shoot", "The Rabid Rump Wrangler" "The Prince of Prostate Pound",......he has no Rival. LMAO

BlackNGold203
08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
That Being said,...he is Great,....why he's the,....

"Pope of pole Smoke", "The Duke of Dook shoot", "The Rabid Rump Wrangler" "The Prince of Prostate Pound",......he has no Rival. LMAO

So...what are you trying to say SteelCzar??

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

SteelCzar76
08-24-2006, 02:49 PM
So...what are you trying to say SteelCzar??

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

He believes in being the best at everything he does. LMAO

"Hail,...Hail the Black and Gold"