PDA

View Full Version : speculation DUCE back to eagles?

crcsnail
08-23-2006, 06:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9614245

i personally dont wanna see duce go .but he hasnt done much pre season. so far so we will see ?

blackngoldbaby
08-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I strongly agree!he has done nothing and i dont think he will next thing you know he ll have an injury so yes he does need to go back to the eagles.

SteelCzar76
08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
We won't let Duce go now ,...as it's a matter of options. Whom do we really have to replace his potential productivity IF,..... (and that's saying alot),.... he stays healthy this year ? You also have to take his "Trade Value" into consideration. I think the trade talk only held weight up until the point T.J Duckett became a Redskin.

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

PisnNapalm
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
For some strange reason I feel we should atleast give Duce a shot in the regular season. He's played the good soldier and allowed Bettis his glory. Let's see if Duce can produce.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
his first year with us he had over 700 yards in the first seven games..Then he was injured and by reports from the steelers did the class act of teh team last year and stepped aside for Bettis......I like Duce....I think Veron could fill his role if he leaves but i think he will stay...proubably end up getting hurt and replaced by veron anyway....But mark my word...HUMES will be the man by next season...

19ward86
08-23-2006, 07:34 PM
i really dont care if he leaves, he is always injured and he is now 32 so it will happen even more often.

BigBen2WardPITT
08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9614245

i personally dont wanna see duce go .but he hasnt done much pre season. so far so we will see ?

he probably wont go anywhere, whens the last time the steelers made a blockbuster deal or anything close to it? Id like to see them get someone else (another RB), but i dont think it will happen.

Midnightwriter07
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM
it really wouldnt be a blockbuster deal of any type. Staley is 32 and hasnt really been prodcutive. Will be a mediocre move at best that will get a few headlines but i doubt most people other than Steeler fans would care much

Haiku_Dirtt
08-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't believe it. If the Eagles want Duce then they can have him.

I'm not trying to put him down. Of course I want him to do well for us. But at a self-proclaimed 100% I think his career is over.

Like I said I don't believe it. But if Philly wants to give us a sixth round pick then great. Take it.

noto45
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
he will be cut before we trade him.... why DID we not get Duckett???

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
No idea why we didnt, we are going to be drafting a RB early next year anyway... i thought he could have helped us alot i thought.... we tried twice to do so, but i guess we didnt want to give up Morgan or a pick higher than 4 to get him.

Dynasty
08-25-2006, 05:31 PM
It's stupid that we would pass on duckett just for Quince... Especially because a lot of reports say he is gonna be cut.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
It's stupid that we would pass on duckett just for Quince... Especially because a lot of reports say he is gonna be cut.

Who's to say the Falcons wanted Quincy Morgan? It takes two to tango.

The speculation going around on this Duckett situation and Staley being traded/released (even though the reports were shot down by Staley's agent and Lockett) is unbelievable.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
On Savrans show he and Bouchette were just discussing Duce....Ed went on to say that he doesn't think that Staley will be going anywhere because they're not that deep a running back.

He also mentioned that the Steelers were disappointed at how he showed up out of shap at camp, Cowher mentioned on Wednesday that Duce is finally getting into "running shape," which he should have been in when he REPORTED to camp in July. DAH! There is no one there to push him and he will make the team. Bouchette also went on to say that Colbert told him (Bouchette) that they were not shopping Staley and they didn't talk to the Eagles despite what was said on the NFL channel.

So I guess whoever made mention they were at camp and thought Staley's ass was a bit on the big side was absolutely right. You would think with Duce being a veteran would have his :poop: together. What the hell is wrong with these guys!!! Get the sad puss off your face and PLAY!!!!

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 06:09 PM
On Savrans show he and Bouchette were just discussing Duce....Ed went on to say that he doesn't think that Staley will be going anywhere because they're not that deep a running back.

He also mentioned that the Steelers were disappointed at how he showed up out of shap at camp, Cowher mentioned on Wednesday that Duce is finally getting into "running shape," which he should have been in when he REPORTED to camp in July. DAH! There is no one there to push him and he will make the team. Bouchette also went on to say that Colbert told him (Bouchette) that they were not shopping Staley and they didn't talk to the Eagles despite what was said on the NFL channel.

So I guess whoever made mention they were at camp and thought Staley's ass was a bit on the big side was absolutely right. You would think with Duce being a veteran would have his :poop: together. What the hell is wrong with these guys!!! Get the sad puss off your face and PLAY!!!!

Once I heard Lockett's take on the "shopping Duce" rumors going around, it pretty much solidified that the story was BS from the start. I'll take the Steelers communications coordinator's word for it. He knows more than we do when situations such as these are brewed up and put out there for all to speculate on.

Well, all we can do now is sit back and see how Duce performs when it counts instead of hanging him after a few preseason games. It's nice to hear that Cowher stated he's finally getting into "running shape". Now, let him and give him a chance to prove it.

Unless we want to continue beating a dead horse....lol.

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Everyone has said that who has been at camp, that Staley has look fat .. plus he has looked it in the pre season games up to this point.. the word sluggish is used. Staley may have not been shopped to the eagles, but i do believe the Steelers did try to dangle him out there because just recently he has made mention that they probably wont have a short yardage back/ goalline bach which had appeared to be Staley's role coming into camp, so the reports sound right and the reports were made from other GM's around league. Plus, we did go after Duckett but the Falcons wouldnt bite so it does appear the Steelers were looking in going a different direction recently. I dont think was just something that was thrown up in the air.

If they keep Staley, i just hope he slims down so he can be a little more mobile.

Dynasty
08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Who's to say the Falcons wanted Quincy Morgan? It takes two to tango.

The speculation going around on this Duckett situation and Staley being traded/released (even though the reports were shot down by Staley's agent and Lockett) is unbelievable.

I'm not saying that they wanted him specifically, but the Falcons were definately in the market for a 3rd wide reciever, shown by the Lelie trade. And considering how loaded at WR the Steelers are, it seems reasonable that we could have given up our 5th string (or so) wideout for a talented running back.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm not saying that they wanted him specifically, but the Falcons were definately in the market for a 3rd wide reciever, shown by the Lelie trade. And considering how loaded at WR the Steelers are, it seems reasonable that we could have given up our 5th string (or so) wideout for a talented running back.

And our 3rd round pick next year......

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh well. He's in DC now. No point.

Stlrs4Life
08-25-2006, 09:56 PM
After tonite, let Duce go to the Eagles.

ajs8207
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
he will be cut before we trade him.... why DID we not get Duckett???

We didn't get Duckett because we didn't think he was worth a 3rd round pick.

Lyn
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I am sorry we did not get Duckett!~

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 11:26 PM
me too lyn me too