PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss???

beer72
04-25-2013, 07:08 AM
So do you guys think he's done in the NFL? I'm assuming he would play hard for a team and also cheap...

Vis
04-25-2013, 07:22 AM
We have Plex.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 07:25 AM
So do you guys think he's done in the NFL? I'm assuming he would play hard for a team and also cheap...

I don't know if he is done. He came out of retirement once. Based on his production I thinkn he is too much of a distraction/cancer for teams to take a risk on at this point.

I personally feel Randy Moss is one of the most overrated players of all time.

His playoff stats are terrible. He disappears in big games. (Maybe partly used as a decoy I do not know).

A good example is the 2007 regular season when he caught 23 TD passes.

In the playoffs he went: 1 rec 14 yards 0 tds / 1 rec 18 yards 0 tds / 5 rec 62 yards 1 td

Not very good for a player who averaged 6 rec 93 yards 1.4 tds per game that year.

Moss didn't have a big playoff game after he left Minnesota and is often named right after Jerry Rice as the best receiver ever.

Bayz101
05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
I'd rather have Plex than Moss, tbh.

JonM229
05-01-2013, 08:32 AM
But Moss is "straight cash money"

The_Joker
05-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Eh. Some'll get him.

PATS16N0
05-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't know if he is done. He came out of retirement once. Based on his production I thinkn he is too much of a distraction/cancer for teams to take a risk on at this point.

I personally feel Randy Moss is one of the most overrated players of all time.

His playoff stats are terrible. He disappears in big games. (Maybe partly used as a decoy I do not know).

A good example is the 2007 regular season when he caught 23 TD passes.

In the playoffs he went: 1 rec 14 yards 0 tds / 1 rec 18 yards 0 tds / 5 rec 62 yards 1 td

Not very good for a player who averaged 6 rec 93 yards 1.4 tds per game that year.

Moss didn't have a big playoff game after he left Minnesota and is often named right after Jerry Rice as the best receiver ever.

I agree with everything. Jerry Rice, IIRC, said he thought Moss could have been the best WR of all time if he wasn't so lazy, but his post season performances speak for themselves, and I'm a huge believer in the play offs being the football season that matters and he went MIA for just about all of them.

Lot of raw talent though. Still love a lot of his 2007 highlights, like the one handed catch over Revis head in the endzone.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I agree with everything. Jerry Rice, IIRC, said he thought Moss could have been the best WR of all time if he wasn't so lazy, but his post season performances speak for themselves, and I'm a huge believer in the play offs being the football season that matters and he went MIA for just about all of them.

Lot of raw talent though. Still love a lot of his 2007 highlights, like the one handed catch over Revis head in the endzone.

Yeah that was a great catch. Moss was a terrific player.