PDA

View Full Version : willie mcginest is a punk

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 10:19 AM
i always thought this of him as a patriot and he has done nothing but confirm it since becoming a brown.

im suprised no one has brought up the nice long cry he had about junior seau being given #55 by the patriots. willie was a blend in player on a blend in team. his number is not retired (nor should it be), and if he wasnt all about the money he had every opportunity to keep it. if im not mistaken, he wears #55 with the browns.

ironically he took over #55 from junior seau as a usc trojan. he needs to take a page from the book of true champions (like stallworth and swann) and quit acting like a little bitch over a number.

j-dawg
08-24-2006, 11:48 AM
gimme a break...

''He's the reason why I was wearing the number. He made it what it is today and he passed it down to me. He had his legacy with it where he was (san diego), and I created mine where I was(new england),'' McGinest said.

willie has shown excellent leadership in the browns camp so far.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2006-08-23-mcginest-feature_x.htm

dhosmer
08-24-2006, 12:42 PM
i love this part...

McGinest said Seau and Pats coach Bill Belichick contacted him for permission to wear the number, and that he felt awkward but agreed. He said the Patriots front office should have stepped in.

wtf? you tell them it's ok, then expect your old team's front office to step in and say defend you after you already said you didn't mind? what an idiot.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-24-2006, 12:58 PM
...Wasnt it Mcginest who faked an injury in the final minutes of a goal line stance in a playoff game against the Colts, because his team was out of timeouts?....and then came back in one play later??!!

..Good strategy...Piss-poor sportsmanship

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
...Wasnt it Mcginest who faked an injury in the final minutes of a goal line stance in a playoff game against the Colts, because his team was out of timeouts?....and then came back in one play later??!!

..Good strategy...Piss-poor sportsmanshipanother fine example of being a punk.

BlackNGold203
08-24-2006, 01:32 PM
The punk shouldnt worry too much...Seau will get hurt in the 1st quarter of the opener and be out the whole season anyways...:cool: :cool:

Come to think of it...so will the punk......

hardwork
08-24-2006, 01:50 PM
The punk shouldnt worry too much...Seau will get hurt in the 1st quarter of the opener and be out the whole season anyways...:cool: :cool:

Come to think of it...so will the punk......

Seau will be a situational player. The situation will be when there's a big pile Seau will jump on it and claim he made the tackle just like he's always done.

BlackNGold203
08-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Seau will be a situational player. The situation will be when there's a big pile Seau will jump on it and claim he made the tackle just like he's always done.

Agreed..but he'll pull a hammy jumping on the 1st pile...:cool: :cool:

Livinginthe past
08-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Well Willie McG certainly has had alot to say for himself since he departed the Patriots for slightly more money.

To be honest I thought BB and Seau done too much to keep him happy as it was - you left the team , you didn't retire - that number is up for grabs.

Seau is now the player representing the Patriots, so he is the player I am more interested in keeping content.

I think all of these outbursts demonstrate what a good job the Patriots and BB have done in keeping a lid on this type of me-first attitude.

Seau brings veteran leadership - something New Englands young guns missed badly with both Harrison and Bruschi missing for large parts of last year.

NM

j-dawg
08-24-2006, 06:33 PM

..Good strategy...Piss-poor sportsmanship

actually.. that would be BB's strategy... he did it with the giants also...

Haiku_Dirtt
08-26-2006, 04:42 AM
In 9 out of 12 seasons in the NFL he played 14 games twice and 16 games seven times. 479 tackles and 78 sacks.

But a punk? Good god. While you all pile on Willie I would just suggest that you digest what his dedication in contemporary terms MEANS. He stayed with NE for twelve years. Who lasts 12 years anymore at LB with one team?

Does anyone think Peezy will be around for a ninth or tenth year with the Steelers? NE f**cked up by getting rid of him and they exposed themselves for NOT being the class organization the myopics who dream that they are. They are just another freakin' franchise. A franchise falling like an overhyped stock into the bowels of the AFC. Has beens.

This number situation is a response from the PATS for Willie exposing them in the press. The REAL PUNKS are still on the slippery slope in Foxboro...or Maine or wherever the girl scouts are selling cookies next.

12 years on one team!!?? :salute:

Livinginthe past
08-26-2006, 05:49 AM
In 9 out of 12 seasons in the NFL he played 14 games twice and 16 games seven times. 479 tackles and 78 sacks.

But a punk? Good god. While you all pile on Willie I would just suggest that you digest what his dedication in contemporary terms MEANS. He stayed with NE for twelve years. Who lasts 12 years anymore at LB with one team?

Does anyone think Peezy will be around for a ninth or tenth year with the Steelers? NE f**cked up by getting rid of him and they exposed themselves for NOT being the class organization the myopics who dream that they are. They are just another freakin' franchise. A franchise falling like an overhyped stock into the bowels of the AFC. Has beens.

This number situation is a response from the PATS for Willie exposing them in the press. The REAL PUNKS are still on the slippery slope in Foxboro...or Maine or wherever the girl scouts are selling cookies next.

12 years on one team!!?? :salute:

That started off to be quite a credible post - Willie has been a real asset to the team - while he was on it.

I wouldn't call him a punk, just a guy who should keep his yap shut.

As for the rest, well its standard fare from some posters on this site - The Patriots failed to win the Superbowl for the 2nd time in 5 years so they are pretty much done as a franchise.

We'll see how the season pans out, and if week 17 finds them 'in the bowels of the AFC' or contemplating yet another post-season run at the big game.

NM