PDA

View Full Version : Jets waived QB Tim Tebow.

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Tebow was informed of the move after reporting to work out Monday morning. He'll pass through waivers unclaimed. Tebow is just 15 months removed from leading the Broncos to a Wild Card win over the Steelers

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/04/tim_tebow_released_by_jets_aft.html

------------------------

Hell yeah - I'd take him as our new H-back/TE

Vis
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
He was allowed to field trade offers all offseason and his agent let teams know he was only interested in a QB position.

So, anyone think he'll get signed?

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Canada might be the only ones to take him as a QB

steelax04
04-29-2013, 10:28 AM
He was allowed to field trade offers all offseason and his agent let teams know he was only interested in a QB position.

So, anyone think he'll get signed?

Someone will sign him as a QB... will he ever play, I don't think so unless some injury bug hits a team.

Vis
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Someone will sign him as a QB... will he ever play, I don't think so unless some injury bug hits a team.

Which team will want the circus of fans who love Tebow for reasons other than his ability to throw and who will never agree with a cold assessment of his abilities?

jacobo
04-29-2013, 10:39 AM
jacksonville's owner still wants him iirc

steelax04
04-29-2013, 01:45 PM
jacksonville's owner still wants him iirc

Just to put asses in the seats... and to do that, the Jags would have to start him. Who knows, maybe they do it to generate buzz and sell some tickets for the first couple of games.

CrickRat23
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I would pass on Tebow at QB, as a H-back/TE I may, and I emphasize MAY, take a look at him. Imagine the amount of Steeler jersey's that would sell. LOL.
On a side note while the Jets are at it they might as well waive Mark Sanchez also.

Buddha Bus
04-29-2013, 02:17 PM
I would pass on Tebow at QB, as a H-back/TE I may, and I emphasize MAY, take a look at him. Imagine the amount of Steeler jersey's that would sell. LOL.
On a side note while the Jets are at it they might as well waive Mark Sanchez also.

Maybe we can work a trade with the Jets..... our whole team for their whole team. We'd finally have 3 or 4 QBs that are better than Ben instantly and a competent head coach. Time to clean house on this fail boat! It would be a stroke of pure genius! :tap:

MAKE IT HAPPEN, COLBERT!!! :tt04:

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Jags new owner said 100 times he won't take Tebow

He's all ours, we just have to talk him into a change of position - move over Spaeth!

Vis
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Can he catch?

The_Joker
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I know I don't believe in you Jesus, but please, keep your follower out of Pittsburgh.

Hearing he might go to NE. LOL. My friend would be PISSED.

Vis
04-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Brady Henderson
‏@BradyHenderson
Schneider: #Seahawks set at QB after adding Jerrod Johnson + Brady Quinn. How about a left-handed Heisman winner who was just cut? "Uh, no."

Seahawks' GM

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Can he catch?

hell yeeahhhh

Go Gators!

4BDqTF4v4aY

Vis
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Both of his return throws hit the dirt

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
That's still higher than Plex can jump in the EZ, he'd be a perfect redzone target - he'd be gettin' the disrespect, no one would cover him, he'd be open every time

Vis
04-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Who was that QB turned WR Jax had a few years back? Jones?

Buddha Bus
04-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Who was that QB turned WR Jax had a few years back? Jones?

Yes, Matt Jones I believe. Got caught with coke and haven't heard much about him since. :noidea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Jones_(American_football)

Ricco Suavez
04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
IF he would commit to the HB/TE position, IF he is willing to sign cheap, and if we agree only to take a look see and never, ever mention QB then I have no problem. For one he is a hard worker, got no quit, and plays with emotion. Like I said IF he had the knack for the position he is what many on this board have said is missing from the current Steelers, an emotional leader.

Vis
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Tebow is a model player without the talent for the position. That doesn't make him unique. Practice squads are full of players with great work ethic, attitude, and passion.

Buddha Bus
04-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Practice squads are full of players with great work ethic, attitude, and passion.

So are McDonalds work schedules. :chuckle:

Vis
04-29-2013, 05:43 PM
So are McDonalds work schedules. :chuckle:

I did 6 months at a McDonalds. I enjoyed it.

Buddha Bus
04-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I did 6 months at a McDonalds.

What were you in for? :chuckle:

Lady Steel
04-30-2013, 12:00 AM

Prolly hamburglarin'. :chuckle:

I don't want Tebow. He's creepy.

IowaSteeler927
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna guess either the Seahawks or Panthers take him. It's kind of like the Redskins adding Pat White. At least Tebow could simulate a guy like Cam Newton, or Russell Wilson in practice due to his understanding of the read option. Wouldn't be surprised if either of those two teams picked him up on the cheap.

Vis
04-30-2013, 08:30 AM

I made Big Macs to earn pizza money in college

Buddha Bus
04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
I made Big Macs to earn pizza money in college

There's a joke in there somewhere......

Reminds me of the Lewis Black bit where he talks about the dumbest thing he ever overheard someone say: "If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." :chuckle:

Vis
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
There's a joke in there somewhere......

Reminds me of the Lewis Black bit where he talks about the dumbest thing he ever overheard someone say: "If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." :chuckle:

The one I worked at was near Williams Brice Stadium. On gameday I'd work the morning and walk to the Sigma Chi tailgate. If you were there in 1986 in the stands and wondered from where the smell of reconstituted onion emanated ...

Atlanta Dan
04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna guess either the Seahawks or Panthers take him. It's kind of like the Redskins adding Pat White. At least Tebow could simulate a guy like Cam Newton, or Russell Wilson in practice due to his understanding of the read option. Wouldn't be surprised if either of those two teams picked him up on the cheap.

They will have to pay up - The Omaha Beef have extended an offer:sofunny:

The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it — and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.:thumbsup:

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/30/tim-tebow-omaha-beef-contract-offer/2124481/

lloydwoodson
04-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Prolly hamburglarin'. :chuckle:

I don't want Tebow. He's creepy.

Tebow? Tebow is creepy? You think Tebow would be creepier than the one we have now? Can't tell... if... serious...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2eyflad.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/125hlyp.jpghttp://i40.tinypic.com/24o91mv.jpg

I think it's super creepy how Tim Tebow pays for one disabled or sick child to attend every game he plays in. I mean... why is a grown man spending his attention on children? :rofl:

vasteeler
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/125hlyp.jpg

that mustache is killing it :toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
04-30-2013, 07:26 PM
that mustache is killing it :toofunny:

Separated at birth

http://oi43.tinypic.com/125hlyp.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRea37djZpHSyK6welUZZopVJgXTlKOP lf2_0qQUl4dSsKEIION

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Best post ever^^^

Haha that is terrific.

Ron Burgundy fo sho.

Vis
05-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Moon: CFL not option for Tim Tebow
ESPN.com news services

Hall of Famer Warren Moon said in a radio interview Wednesday that the Canadian Football League is not a viable option for Tim Tebow to prove he can play quarterback, as the former Heisman Trophy winner doesn't throw the ball well enough to play in the league.

"You have to be able to throw the ball up there, if anything. They throw the ball a lot. It's only three downs, so the passing game is much more important up there, and there's a lot more field to cover," Moon said in an interview with KILT-AM in Houston.

"If you can't throw the football, it doesn't matter where you play quarterback," he said. "You have to be able to throw it. That's his biggest problem, just being able to complete passes, be an accurate passer. I think he's a really good athlete playing the position, but I don't think that's enough sometimes."

Tebow cleared waivers on Tuesday after being released by the New York Jets. The Montreal Alouettes, who own his CFL rights, have said they would welcome Tebow to the league -- provided he's willing to compete for a job as a backup quarterback.

The CFL has been mentioned as a possible option for Tebow after quarterbacks like Moon, Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia played the position in Canada and then went on to play in the NFL.

Moon said the difference between Tebow and him and Flutie is, "We knew how to throw the ball.

vasteeler
05-02-2013, 03:24 PM
"You have to be able to throw the ball up there, if anything. They throw the ball a lot. It's only three downs, so the passing game is much more important up there, and there's a lot more field to cover," Moon said in an interview with KILT-AM in Houston.

"If you can't throw the football, it doesn't matter where you play quarterback," he said. "You have to be able to throw it. That's his biggest problem, just being able to complete passes, be an accurate passer. I think he's a really good athlete playing the position, but I don't think that's enough sometimes."

Moon said the difference between Tebow and him and Flutie is, "We knew how to throw the ball.

thats the problem, he really seams like a good guy, he seems very bright and is and is a good athlete. you need to be able to throw the ball and throw it accurately to be a pro QB. unfortunately he cant do that and some sucker team is probably going to sign him to do that.

Buddha Bus
05-02-2013, 05:02 PM
thats the problem, he really seams like a good guy, he seems very bright and is and is a good athlete. you need to be able to throw the ball and throw it accurately to be a pro QB. unfortunately he cant do that and some sucker team is probably going to sign him to do that.

The Raiders seem like a team that would be dumb enough to sign him, but he doesn't fit their bad boy image. I don't see a team signing him before the season. He could be an in-season desperation pickup if/when someone's starter goes down to injury though. Only as a backup though.

PATS16N0
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
With what limited opportunities Tebow had last season, I saw him make a few nice passes that were dropped, and one was a bomb down the sidelines that was right on the money into tight coverage and also dropped. Fluke? Maybe. Is there potential for a unique skill set to develop? Might never know.

I know his problems as quarterback, but I am curious to see what he would look like with a full team and front office behind him at the quarterback position.

Since coming into the NFL he has had the misfortune of having neither.

Let the full ramifications of that reality settle in. On what other team does a starting quarterback have GM's and head coaches openly conspiring against him?

His rookie year he was in Denver and his 4th quarter performances took the nation by storm. It was a team effort, but a Tebow lead team effort, with a dramatic play off win against a limping, wounded Steelers team to boot.

The Patriots may have destroyed Denver afterwards, and I knew the Patriots were going to destroy them afterwards, but he managed to convince a lot of the country he had a chance.

Tebow is a little too Gomer Pile for me, but I have nothing against him, and I do think he's been in an unfair position, both within his own team and with the media, since coming into the league.

I hope he gets a chance to play quarterback as a starter on a football team.
If not, he should bend on the position and just play in the NFL, which is a living better than most.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick take him as a spite signing towards Rex. Belichick loves signing no-names Rex sees nothing in and turning them into productive Patriots.

The QB circus would get shut down real fast in NE, though. Wouldn't be Jets v2.
The Patriots would openly make it plain as day that he isn't and will never be a quarterback here, ever, and that Brady will never be sitting for 3rd down wildcat bullshit, ever, and that anyone suggesting it shall be thrown in a pit.

Edit:: Scratch that. Thought about it. Don't want Tebow as a Patriot. Following the Jets/Sanchez fiasco, it sounds like a media headache and distraction for Brady so #%@^ that

The_Joker
05-02-2013, 05:40 PM
With what limited opportunities Tebow had last season, I saw him make a few nice passes that were dropped, and one was a bomb down the sidelines that was right on the money into tight coverage and also dropped. Fluke? Maybe. Is there potential for a unique skill set to develop? Might never know.

I know his problems as quarterback, but I am curious to see what he would look like with a full team and front office behind him at the quarterback position.

Since coming into the NFL he has had the misfortune of having neither.

Let the full ramifications of that reality settle in. On what other team does a starting quarterback have GM's and head coaches openly conspiring against him?

His rookie year he was in Denver and his 4th quarter performances took the nation by storm. It was a team effort, but a Tebow lead team effort, with a dramatic play off win against a limping, wounded Steelers team to boot.

The Patriots may have destroyed Denver afterwards, and I knew the Patriots were going to destroy them afterwards, but he managed to convince a lot of the country he had a chance.

Tebow is a little too Gomer Pile for me, but I have nothing against him, and I do think he's been in an unfair position, both within his own team and with the media, since coming into the league.

I hope he gets a chance to play quarterback as a starter on a football team.
If not, he should bend on the position and just play in the NFL, which is a living better than most.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick take him as a spite signing towards Rex. Belichick loves signing no-names Rex sees nothing in and turning them into productive Patriots.

The QB circus would get shut down real fast in NE, though. Wouldn't be Jets v2.
The Patriots would openly make it plain as day that he isn't and will never be a quarterback here, ever, and that Brady will never be sitting for 3rd down wildcat bullshit, ever, and that anyone suggesting it shall be thrown in a pit.

Edit:: Scratch that. Thought about it. Don't want Tebow as a Patriot. Following the Jets/Sanchez fiasco, it sounds like a media headache and distraction for Brady so #%@^ that

As much as I hate your mouth, I respect your team. Their too smart to sign TeBlow.

Lady Steel
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Moon: CFL not option for Tim Tebow
ESPN.com news services

Hall of Famer Warren Moon said in a radio interview Wednesday that the Canadian Football League is not a viable option for Tim Tebow to prove he can play quarterback, as the former Heisman Trophy winner doesn't throw the ball well enough to play in the league.

Tebow cleared waivers on Tuesday after being released by the New York Jets. The Montreal Alouettes, who own his CFL rights, have said they would welcome Tebow to the league -- provided he's willing to compete for a job as a backup quarterback.

The CFL has been mentioned as a possible option for Tebow after quarterbacks like Moon, Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia played the position in Canada and then went on to play in the NFL.

Not even the Canadians want him. That's sad. :laughing:

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
As much as I hate your mouth, I respect your team. Their too smart to sign TeBlow.
don't listen him patty...there's people out there that luv your mouth...

jVDN8yR3ig0

PATS16N0
05-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Yeah like yo' momma

sluggermatt15
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
To me this move states Tim Tebow is done for the moment as a QB in the NFL. The Jets clearly lost faith in Tebow's abilities and were not willing to keep him on the roster just for special teams purposes. It's possible other teams may give him a shot but I do not believe at QB.

Vis
05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Petition started to bring Tebow to Jaguars

Tim Tebow fans have made a plea to President Barack Obama, asking the most powerful man in the world to help get the football quarterback signed as a Jacksonville Jaguars player, the Florida Times-Union reports.

Fans of Tebow have started a petition to the president asking that he step in and make a personal call to Jaguars' general manager David Caldwell and force him to sign the quarterback for the upcoming season.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/34821/Petition-started-to-bring-Tebow-to-Jaguars/Default.aspx

Are we sure this wasn't started by the Titans and Colts?

Bayz101
05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
There's a spelling error in the title.

"QB".

Vis
05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
WTz_8kdsruw&feature=player_embedded

Lady Steel
05-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Tim Tebow offered job with Philadelphia Soul

Ron Jaworski wants Tim Tebow to play for his Arena Football League team -- but not as a starting quarterback, per Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk. The owner of the Philadelphia Soul has apparently reached out to Tebow about a role that would see him as their primary backup with a few specialty sets.

Jaworski, an NFL analyst for ESPN, worked with Soul coach Clint Dolezal on piecing together a series of plays designed for Tebow, which they sent over to the free-agent quarterback. But they specified that they still expect Dan Raudabaugh, a Miami (Ohio) product who currently starts at quarterback for the squad, to remain the team's starter. Jaworski elaborated on how playing Arena Football can help Tebow:

“One [criticism] of Tebow is that he is slow and methodical,” Jaworski said. “He would be forced to quicken it up in this league and it would be good training for him. You can learn a lot in this league. It’s about processing information and getting the ball out … or you get whacked.”

The offer actually appears to be one of the more serious ones out there after the Jets cut Tebow.. We had the typical publicity stunts like a team called the Omaha Beef offering him $75 a game and the Lingerie Football League asking for Tebow to be a league-wide quarterbacks coach. But it would still be a little bit degrading to go from an NFL player to an arena league backup, and it doesn't appear to be enough to pique the former Heisman winner's interest.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/13/4327580/tim-tebow-philadelphia-soul-job-offer

Vis
05-31-2013, 02:59 PM
THERE WERE TIMES when Tebowmania could be downright painful. Midway through his first season in Denver, John Fox was standing on the practice field sideline one day when an errant football hit the ground well in front of an intended receiver's feet, skipped hard across the grass and shot into the unsuspecting coach's legs. Fox looked around, rubbing his shin with a pained "WTF?" look on his face, only to discover that instead of coming from a confused ball boy or a malfunctioning Jugs machine, the pass actually had been thrown by his new starting quarterback, Tim Tebow.

For the Broncos, Tebow's scattershot arm left teammates and coaches scratching their heads and ducking for cover. At the same time, to the outside world he had become a transcendent talent. In one of the most remarkable and revealing runs in recent sports history, Tebow combined a magical mix of athleticism, leadership skills and, let's face it, plain old dumb luck to guide the 1-4 Broncos all the way to the 2011 playoffs. To his followers, it was a miracle. Meanwhile, everyone else in the NFL was flashing Fox's "WTF?" face.

Eventually, with help from ESPN and a disastrous trade to the Jets, Tebow's messianic melange of faith, football and fame mushroomed into a nauseating, ratings-driven phenomenon so huge, all-consuming and annoying that it actually became taboo to even mention his name for no other reason than, well, we had already talked about him too much. "This league has never seen something like Tebow," says Jon Kitna, a devout outspoken Christian whose 15-year career as an NFL quarterback ended after the 2011 season. "He's someone with such a passion for this position, with a rock-star following, who causes so many polarizing views, in and out of football."

In late April, Tebow was cut by the Jets and seemingly cast out of the NFL at age 25. Yet that didn't stop Forbes from naming him America's most influential athlete. About 18 months after taking Sundays by storm, Tebowmania had turned on its namesake and morphed him into the NFL's version of Kim Kardashian: over­exposed, divisive … and more popular than ever. It seemed only fitting that Tebow's first public appearance after getting pink-slipped was on an episode of All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.

Even now, after Tebow cleared waivers unclaimed and with members of his camp privately admitting that his NFL run is probably over, the football world remains as divided as ever over him. It's nearly impossible to find a teammate who will say anything bad about Tebow as a person -- or a scout who will say anything good about him as a player. But the sports masses mostly side with the NFL personnel people. It's embarrassing and exhausting to discuss him, which makes it official: Tim Tebow has jumped the shark.

Go back 18 months, though, and it's hard to fathom that we're at this place. During Tebow's run with the 2011 Broncos, Kitna's Cowboys -- no doubt among other teams -- would race into the locker room after games to check out Tebow highlights. "When you can captivate other NFL players, that's really saying something," Kitna says. Contrary to public perception, Tebow's Jets teammates were just as moved by him. Some still talk about the time he took on a lineman in a power-lifting contest and won. In friendly banter throughout last season, linebacker Bart Scott would call Tebow Baby Jesus, and Tebow would laugh and say, "Go sit in the cold tub, old man." Former Jet Darrelle Revis says he knew immediately upon meeting Tebow that the QB was a born leader.

But ask an NFC scout what he thinks of Tebow and the response is a gut punch: "He's not a quarterback. When you look at his run two years ago, when you watch the tape and break it down, he wasn't really doing anything that impressive. He's a tough guy, a great leader, a great person. But he isn't a good enough quarterback to have all the distractions that come with him."

In the end, this is the formula that ultimately doomed Tebow: Fatal flaws in his throwing mechanics and his cognitive understanding of the position left him as little more than a wildcat specialist, a No. 3 QB or a long-term project. Thanks to his athleticism, work ethic and leadership, that still meant he was an upgrade on at least a third of the rosters in the league -- after all, such QBs as Pat Devlin and Ricky Stanzi are currently on rosters. But in the minds of GMs, Tebow's potential payoff would never outweigh the billboards, the parking lots full of satellite trucks, the endless QB controversies or any of the other distractions and internal conflicts he brings with him. Like the mythical snake Ouroboros, Tebow has been devoured whole by his own success. "There's no going halfway with Tebow anymore," says former Colts coach Tony Dungy. "You either gotta sell out and give him the keys to your team or stay away. Because, unfortunately, there's too much attention for him to be a regular, developing backup like everyone else."

Inside the bunker mentality of NFL locker rooms, it doesn't matter whether a distraction comes from a church group or a strip club. All teams really care about is that for a few precious hours, the team's effort and focus are not diverted from the singular task of winning games. And while he appears to be a man of high character and principles, Tebow seems to have a blind spot for the steep level of humility required of a backup. He was fined repeatedly by the Broncos' kangaroo court for refusing to publicly censure supporters who erected a pro-Tebow billboard early in the 2011 season. "Tim's religion isn't a factor at all," Dungy says. "People don't care about your lifestyle off the field as long as you're performing every week. If he's getting blackballed, it's because backup quarterbacks are not supposed to be the focus, and if Tim's on your team, he's the sole focus. Nobody wants to be answering those questions all day long, every day, from the fans, media and teammates."

Certainly not about a QB whose ability makes him a third-stringer, tops, and not just because of his well-chronicled throwing issues. More troubling for potential employers is that Tebow struggled badly with the mental side of the game, according to a league source. At age 7, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, a learning disability that affects how he reads and processes information, such as a playbook or game plan. Tebow won a Heisman Trophy and two BCS titles and graduated from Florida with a 3.7 GPA. But he scored a below-average (for QBs) 22 on his Wonderlic test. As a kinesthetic learner, Tebow absorbs information better through using flash cards and hands-on repetitive experience than the traditional method of memorizing diagrams, notes and Polaroids from a playbook. That doesn't mean Tebow isn't smart or that he couldn't develop into a brilliant, quick-thinking quarterback. It just hasn't happened yet.

When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play. As a result, despite starting only 11 games in 2011, Tebow was flagged for delay of game an NFL-high seven times. Worse still was the fact that, according to scouts, Tebow almost never audibled because he struggled to quickly and properly read defenses. And of all the deadly sins Tebow committed against quarterbacking, this was the worst: lacking the self-awareness to recognize and fix these shortcomings. Maybe the most shocking part of Tebowmania isn't that he has been cast out of the NFL after just three years but that he lasted as long as he did.

The last place on earth he needed to be at this stage of his career was inside the Jets' dysfunctional fishbowl. But that's where Team Tebow chose last year when the Broncos grew weary of the circus and traded him.

On his first day of open practice as a Jet, Tebow was so bad that fans booed and heckled him and coaches feared, almost immediately, that he wasn't a legitimate option to replace Mark Sanchez. Yet that wasn't the breaking news from Jets camp that day. When it started to rain at the end of practice, Tebow took off his shirt and jogged across the field. Video of his buff, slow-motion trot instantly went viral. With his fans satiated, Tebow turned his attention to soothing his annoyed teammates. Showing that he could poke fun at himself, Tebow arrived shirtless to the next team meeting and remained that way for the entire session.

It was one of the greatest tricks Tebow ever pulled off.

No one remembers that he completed only three passes in practice that day.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9318760/how-media-mania-made-former-nfl-quarterback-tim-tebow-impossible-hire-espn-magazine

JonM229
05-31-2013, 03:04 PM
It was one of the greatest tricks Tebow ever pulled off.

If the greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist, then the greatest trick Tebow pulled was convincing Josh McDaniels and Rex Ryan that he could be a starting QB in the NFL.

lloydwoodson
06-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Jacksonville's owner is gutless. Gabbert isn't playing close to the level needed to win games. Tebow is a fiery competitor who believes in himself and his team. I would hire Tebow in a minute. I don't give a shit about how ugly his throwing motion is. Tebow does give a team a chance at making the playoffs and winning some games- you can't say he doesn't after he took the Broncos to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Tebow at least gives the Jags a chance- there is no chance with Gabbert. Tebow protects the football and can run the football and MJD gives the team a running game. Tebow gives the Jags an upgrade over Gabbert, asses in the seats, and a chance to build the proper attitude for the team. If Tebow fails you draft a quarterback. Big deal. It's not like there are a lot of options.

Vis
06-01-2013, 05:30 AM
If he really can't remember the plays and can't read a defense it's much worse that just a throwing motion problem.

But that explains why NY never used any of the special packages with him, he just plays playground ball.

Buddha Bus
06-01-2013, 09:03 AM

jVDN8yR3ig0

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/100516/2823900-patriots_suck.jpg

NSMaster56
06-01-2013, 12:06 PM
If he really can't remember the plays and can't read a defense it's much worse that just a throwing motion problem.

But that explains why NY never used any of the special packages with him, he just plays playground ball.

When Brett Favre did it he was revered for it.

Jacksonville's owner is gutless. Gabbert isn't playing close to the level needed to win games. Tebow is a fiery competitor who believes in himself and his team. I would hire Tebow in a minute. I don't give a shit about how ugly his throwing motion is. Tebow does give a team a chance at making the playoffs and winning some games- you can't say he doesn't after he took the Broncos to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Tebow at least gives the Jags a chance- there is no chance with Gabbert. Tebow protects the football and can run the football and MJD gives the team a running game. Tebow gives the Jags an upgrade over Gabbert, asses in the seats, and a chance to build the proper attitude for the team. If Tebow fails you draft a quarterback. Big deal. It's not like there are a lot of options.

Pretty much.

Jags w/ Gabbert=<5 win/top-5 pick team.
Jags w/ Tebow=at worst, the same

Even if someone Tebow did lead another miraculous run (unlikely) and the Jags finished w/ 8-ish wins, it would at least revitalize football in the city for a year.

The Jags have nothing to lose.

vasteeler
06-01-2013, 12:29 PM
When Brett Favre did it he was revered for it.

Pretty much.

Jags w/ Gabbert=<5 win/top-5 pick team.
Jags w/ Tebow=at worst, the same

Even if someone Tebow did lead another miraculous run (unlikely) and the Jags finished w/ 8-ish wins, it would at least revitalize football in the city for a year.

The Jags have nothing to lose.

the difference is that brett was good at it

Vis
06-01-2013, 01:20 PM
the difference is that brett was good at it

And Brett knew the offense. He wasn't hiding inadequacies.

jacobo
06-01-2013, 05:13 PM

still better than gabbert

and sanchez

Vis
06-01-2013, 06:48 PM
still better than gabbert

and sanchez

Not based on the article or the Jet's coaches. No coach who had him wants him. It's just fans. That's why he can't be a 3rd string guy, the fans.

43Hitman
06-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Not based on the article or the Jet's coaches. No coach who had him wants him. It's just fans. That's why he can't be a 3rd string guy, the fans.

For a christian he sure is selfish. You would think he would accept that he isn't a qb and embrace a new role like TE. But nope, he'd rather be a vain distraction. Super christian indeed.