PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Fire Haley
05-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Well, if that source is correct, we will have to wait until Saturday to see the Pens play again, for the Hawks just forced a game 7.

yeah - I keep hearing Sat

The Eastern Conference Final begins Saturday in Pittsburgh. HNIC will televise that series and Games 4-7 of the West Final.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/339210293609627651

Fire Haley
05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
but then again

Hearing there is a ton of pressure to start the East Final on Thursday...nothing Official yet. But stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statuses/339509005640663041

Bayz101
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Well, the Pens have been resting for a bit now, so I would assume the sooner the better. I'm ready for some more hockey!

Galax Steeler
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Get ready Pens we are going to take Boston out.

Fire Haley
05-29-2013, 12:17 AM
It's official now

The Penguins and Bruins will play Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday, June 1 at 8 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center.

Saturday, June 1 Boston at Pittsburgh 8 p.m. NBC

Monday, June 3 Boston at Pittsburgh 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

Wednesday, June 5 Pittsburgh at Boston 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

Friday, June 7 Pittsburgh at Boston 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672288&navid=DL|PIT|home

Lokki
05-29-2013, 06:39 AM
It's official now

The Penguins and Bruins will play Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday, June 1 at 8 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center.

Saturday, June 1 Boston at Pittsburgh 8 p.m. NBC

Monday, June 3 Boston at Pittsburgh 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

Wednesday, June 5 Pittsburgh at Boston 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

Friday, June 7 Pittsburgh at Boston 8 p.m. NBC Sports Network

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672288&navid=DL|PIT|home

I wish that it was sooner, but I'll be watching it regardless. Let's go Penguins!

stb_steeler
05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Here we go with the Boston fans already......talkin smack!
Lets play already so we can prove how arrogant the Boston fans are :mad:

Fire Haley
05-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Here we go with the Boston fans already......talkin smack!

yeah, tired of hearing how Boston will be the team to outhit the Pens

every team Pens play tries to outhit them, it doesn't matter when the pucks are going in the back of their net

Pens got a scare from the Isles because they had speed to match us, something Boston can't bring every shift.

We would have much more trouble playing the Leafs, so I guess we should thank the B's for their miracle comeback and knocking them out of our way.

SteelersCanada
05-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Boston is old. They're slow. They're physical, I'll give 'em that, but they can't keep up with the Penguins. All I've been hearing in the playoffs so far is how deep the Bruins are and what that depth will do for them down the stretch. Uh, I think everyone is forgetting that the Penguins have more depth on their first two lines than Boston has on their entire team. I won't even get into their third and fourth lines who could probably be a second line on most other teams.

I'm not a huge Penguins fan, or a fan at all, but I hate the Bruins. Go Pittsburgh and make this thing quick.

Fire Haley
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM
The Pens are Canada's team now.

meanwhile, Buh-bye Torts.

Tortorella relieved of coaching duties

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672383&navid=DL|NYR|home

steelax04
05-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Since we're 50+ pages in, I was thinking Eastern Conference Finals and Western Conference Finals threads and then one final Stanley Cup Finals thread when the Pens ramp up to destroy the West.

Or do we stick with the never ending story thread?

Fire Haley
05-29-2013, 07:30 PM
leave it alone, don't jinx us!

there's only half a dozen hockey fans even posting here anyway - we know who we are

Blacksburg Zach
05-29-2013, 11:05 PM
With the Blackhawks' game 7 victory over the Red Wings, the four remaining teams are the last four Stanley Cup champions.

Bayz101
05-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Since we're 50+ pages in, I was thinking Eastern Conference Finals and Western Conference Finals threads and then one final Stanley Cup Finals thread when the Pens ramp up to destroy the West.

Or do we stick with the never ending story thread?

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just don't want to jinx anything. :sofunny:

Fire Haley
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
it's a doubleheader Saturday - I see they don't have the West playing any back to back games

Detroit looked like the more dangerous team, by far........but they didn't deserve to win that one after that atrocious call

Hawks also now have home ice throughout the playoffs - go Kings!

Fire Haley
05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
now they're trying the underdog "poor us" routine

"We’re in over our heads"

“They are the favorites,” conceded Brad Marchand. “They have a lot of guys who are very skilled, very talented. They have the two best players in the world and the third and fourth lines are playing so well right now. We’re in over our heads. We have a big job to do and we’re all excited about trying it out and seeing how it goes.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/05/buckley_don_t_count_out_underdog_bruins

Fire Haley
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
I expect Sid to bust their assgrys without his jaw protector.

yea verily

Lokki
05-30-2013, 08:29 PM
I need some Penguins hockey!! This wait is killing me!

steelax04
05-30-2013, 10:33 PM

“They are the favorites,” conceded Brad Marchand. “They have a lot of guys who are very skilled, very talented. They have the two best players in the world and the third and fourth lines are playing so well right now. We’re in over our heads. We have a big job to do and we’re all excited about trying it out and seeing how it goes.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/05/buckley_don_t_count_out_underdog_bruins

Haha... don't count out underdog Bruins... They're in the Conference Finals, no one is a big underdog at this point, imho. Plus when it's the players saying something as drastic as "we're in over our heads" it's just fabrication and figments of their own imagination.

Lady Steel
05-31-2013, 12:27 AM

Sounds just like something that would come out of Boston. Wah, wah, wah. :bs:

stb_steeler
05-31-2013, 10:20 AM
yeah, tired of hearing how Boston will be the team to outhit the Pens

every team Pens play tries to outhit them, it doesn't matter when the pucks are going in the back of their net

Pens got a scare from the Isles because they had speed to match us, something Boston can't bring every shift.

We would have much more trouble playing the Leafs, so I guess we should thank the B's for their miracle comeback and knocking them out of our way.

Bostons 4th line is the only good line they have.....

Fire Haley
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Will Saturday ever get here?

meanwhile, Kathryn Tappen, NHL Channel - HIT!!!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/P1000633_zps3146b55d.jpg

Lokki
06-01-2013, 11:57 AM
It's game day! I never thought that it would get here. Let's go Penguins!

NSMaster56
06-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Kings and Hawks took a week to finish off their series' and yet they get to start their bout before B's-Pens.

Whaaa-----???

SteelCityMom
06-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Kings and Hawks took a week to finish off their series' and yet they get to start their bout before B's-Pens.

Whaaa-----???

Back to back games nonetheless. Sucks to be them.

I'm pretty sure it had to do with NBC scheduling, or else the Pens and B's would have played yesterday.

NSMaster56
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM

I'm pretty sure it had to do with NBC scheduling, or else the Pens and B's would have played yesterday.

I heard it was because of Rolling Stones Concerts on Friday and Monday.

SteelCityMom
06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I heard it was because of Rolling Stones Concerts on Friday and Monday.

Ah ok...I guess that would do it too. Would have been nice to start on Thursday though at least. Oh well...still sucks to be the Hawks and Kings. :chuckle:

sluggermatt15
06-01-2013, 04:50 PM

Pens/Bruins have back-to-backs for Games 6 and 7 if the series makes it that far. Compared to that, I'd rather play Games 1 and 2 back-to-back than have to play series clinching game(s) on consecutive nights.

Lokki
06-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Game time! Let's go Penguins!

Blacksburg Zach
06-01-2013, 08:20 PM
At last, the Eastern Conference Finals have begun. Let's go Pens!

SteelersCanada
06-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Boston got a pretty weak goal. They're just surviving against the Penguins right now. Eventually the game with catch up to them.

Blacksburg Zach
06-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Ugh, Game 1 has been a disaster!

Fire Haley
06-02-2013, 06:55 AM
well I was wrong, it was the Pens came out being the goons and it cost them a game

awesome to watch though!

Calm down 87, play your game. You are fine.

Fire Haley
06-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
#Penguins Crosby said inconsistent officiating helped contribute to emotions and frustrations boiling over in loss to boston

Crosby: "They're letting a lot go out there, and the more it gets like that, the more it’s going to escalate. You can only control and channel that stuff so much. You keep letting guys do that stuff, you’re just going to push the envelope. That’s something we obviously want to stay away from, but it’s kind of a natural thing when it gets like that. It was just hard to gauge. Interference calls where you barely catch a guy, and then you’re allowing punches to the head. Are we going to play, or are we going to call those little things once in a while? It’s hard to get a temperature on the game when that stuff is going on. Then you let a few of those go and everything starts getting out of hand. We’ve just got to focus on playing." #Penguins

Sid needs to calm the fuck down, complaining about the officials when you lose just makes you look like a whiny loser.

@RealKyper: As expected no further #NHL discipline regarding #Pens Cooke hit on #Bruins McQuaid. Cooke available

https://twitter.com/realkyper/status/341056848239136768

stb_steeler
06-02-2013, 08:43 AM
if we see another display like last night, might as well pack it in...:doh:

Lokki
06-02-2013, 08:56 AM
It reminded me a lot of the series with the Islanders. There were so many passes behind players. They weren't playing like they did against the Sens. They better straighten this crap out before game 2.

Fire Haley
06-02-2013, 09:19 AM
the Pens let the refs calls get to them, let them get in their heads and off their game, it's their own fault - Flyers series meltdown all over again

All they had to do was stay calm, work their game get one past Rask and the floodgates would open, you could feel it

Letang turns in another horrible defensive show and fucking Kunitz and Sid can't hit an open net - everyone playing 180mph when 75mph would have done it

+ Malkin

- everyone else

stb_steeler
06-02-2013, 12:05 PM
the Pens let the refs calls get to them, let them get in their heads and off their game, it's their own fault - Flyers series meltdown all over again

All they had to do was stay calm, work their game get one past Rask and the floodgates would open, you could feel it

Letang turns in another horrible defensive show and fucking Kunitz and Sid can't hit an open net - everyone playing 180mph when 75mph would have done it

+ Malkin

- everyone else

I thought the same thing, they came out flying all over. You could see the Bruins didnt display any urgency, They didnt adjust and and could not get any upper shelf shots even tho there were plenty.......

Bayz101
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
They looked rusted. I guess that's what a wait that long will do to you!

stb_steeler
06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
They looked rusted. I guess that's what a wait that long will do to you!

Wouldnt that be the same for both teams tho?

Bayz101
06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Wouldnt that be the same for both teams tho?

Didn't the Bruins series last longer, or am I mistaken? I was almost sure the Penguins were waiting a few days before the Bruins series ended, but what do I know, lol. I'm all about then Pens. :chuckle:

Blacksburg Zach
06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Didn't the Bruins series last longer, or am I mistaken? I was almost sure the Penguins were waiting a few days before the Bruins series ended, but what do I know, lol. I'm all about then Pens. :chuckle:

Both series lasted five games, and I think the Bruins finished off the Rangers one day after the Pens finished the Senators.

Bayz101
06-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Both series lasted five games, and I think the Bruins finished off the Rangers one day after the Pens finished the Senators.

Ah. We've been sitting on our asses a day longer. :sofunny:

I hate the wait, and i'm sure the players do, too. The difference is the Bruins got back in the rhythm quicker last night. Hell, I don't think we ever did. Hopefully we step it up game two.

SteelCityMom
06-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Ah. We've been sitting on our asses a day longer. :sofunny:

I hate the wait, and i'm sure the players do, too. The difference is the Bruins got back in the rhythm quicker last night. Hell, I don't think we ever did. Hopefully we step it up game two.

That's why I wasn't terribly surprised with last nights outcome, and why I didn't want the west to take so long wrapping up their series. A whole week off was a complete momentum killer.

3 posts (Crosby, Kunitz, and the third one was Malkin I think?) last night sucked too. Pens started off playing really well, but the combination of Crosby hitting a post, the absolutely bullshit call on Cooke (boarding minor at most), and weak goal by the Bruins just killed the game early on. I had no real confidence in the game after that.

I fully expect them to pick themselves up though and play much better from here on out. I just think the long wait and bad luck was just against them last night.

Fire Haley
06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
96 straight games without being shut out and they had to pick this game

TRH
06-02-2013, 03:39 PM
instead of coming out trying to be "tough guys" and "hit" the Bruins all night - the Pens need to forget that and get back to doing what they do best - be the high-flying scoring team they are.
They played right into the Bruins hands. Their shooting was downright awful last night and all the breakaways back toward the Bruins goal looked weak (at best) with the Bruins constantly getting their sticks on the puck during every fast break. It got to the point when we started skating back to score, i already knew the Bruins would get their sticks in there and kill it off.

They better bring the real team in Monday night or they're going to lose this series. They completely lost their composure and tempers got the best of everyone while the Bruins were laughing at us.

Was it just me or when both teams were at full strength did it look like their was at least 9 Bruins on the ice compared to our 5? Sheez.........

stb_steeler
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Heres a real sucker........5 Power plays no goals :banging:

Fire Haley
06-02-2013, 10:26 PM
wow - all my rooting for teams out West has doomed them - Blues, Sharks and now Kings
Quick gets yanked after giving up 4 early,

Lady Steel
06-02-2013, 11:24 PM
http://www.keepcalmandposters.com/posters/838935.png

Fire Haley
06-03-2013, 06:35 AM
I'd rather the Pens not worry about hating the Bruins and just play their game.

We don't need our stars coming unhinged and losing their fucking minds and causing the team to lose winnable games.

SteelCitian
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM
#Penguins Crosby said inconsistent officiating helped contribute to emotions and frustrations boiling over in loss to boston

Crosby: "They're letting a lot go out there, and the more it gets like that, the more it’s going to escalate. You can only control and channel that stuff so much. You keep letting guys do that stuff, you’re just going to push the envelope. That’s something we obviously want to stay away from, but it’s kind of a natural thing when it gets like that. It was just hard to gauge. Interference calls where you barely catch a guy, and then you’re allowing punches to the head. Are we going to play, or are we going to call those little things once in a while? It’s hard to get a temperature on the game when that stuff is going on. Then you let a few of those go and everything starts getting out of hand. We’ve just got to focus on playing." #Penguins

Sid needs to calm the fuck down, complaining about the officials when you lose just makes you look like a whiny loser.

@RealKyper: As expected no further #NHL discipline regarding #Pens Cooke hit on #Bruins McQuaid. Cooke available

https://twitter.com/realkyper/status/341056848239136768
Thats the reputation that he has. You go to the comments on yahoo or any other message board and that is all you hear-Crosy whah whah crying to the refs. Its exhausted as much as much as "Ben Rapistberger"

Fire Haley
06-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Sid needs to shut the fuck up about the refs and grow up and play and act like a leader.

Him and Letang were turnover machines yet again. Horrible defense loses playoff games.

Run and gun can win against the weak teams. But it won't work against real contenders. This is a wake up call for the Pens to play like a team and be responsible on defense.

1 game in and we're already in a "must win" status because they wanted to show how tough they were, yah see where that got ya

brilliant game plan Danny boy

and all that whining over the refs only reinforces the stereotype that Sid is a whiner

SteelCitian
06-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I want to know what was exchanged between Sid and Chara when he lowered his head like a brontosaurs trying to get low hanging fruit to get in Sids face.

Fire Haley
06-03-2013, 11:52 AM
PENGUINS AIM TO BOUNCE BACK IN GAME 2 AGAINST BRUINS

(Sports Network) - The top-seeded Pittsburgh Penguins will try to rebound from a poor showing in the opener of the Eastern Conference finals when they host the Boston Bruins in Game 2 tonight at CONSOL Energy Center.

Track all the action, chat and get updates from TSN's hockey personalities with TSN.ca's Game Night blog in the TSN GameTracker, tonight at 8pm et/ 5pm pt.

"It's just one game," Vokoun said. "It's a best-of-seven series. We're going to regroup."

Crosby was held without a point for just third time in 11 playoff games this spring, but he was able to draw some positives from Game 1.

"We played with a lot of speed and generated a lot. I think we're pretty confident if we play that same way the pucks will go in for us," Crosby admitted. "We hit the post and had some pretty good chances. We had some bounces and unfortunately they didn't go our way."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424623

------------------------------

They still sound too cocky to me.

Lokki
06-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Thats the reputation that he has. You go to the comments on yahoo or any other message board and that is all you hear-Crosy whah whah crying to the refs. Its exhausted as much as much as "Ben Rapistberger"

But yet the Bruins fans are crying crocodile tears because Cooke didn't get a suspension for his hit. Of course they don't mention their own guy slamming Neal face first into our bench. They just mention Cooke being a menace to society.

Blacksburg Zach
06-03-2013, 12:39 PM
But yet the Bruins fans are crying crocodile tears because Cooke didn't get a suspension for his hit. Of course they don't mention their own guy slamming Neal face first into our bench. They just mention Cooke being a menace to society.

That's Boston fans for you.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 03:05 PM
In all fairness, this is probably one of the first times I've heard Sid say anything to the media about penalties (in a whining way). He got his reputation from complaining to the refs (which all captains do). I still wish he'd have kept it to himself though.

I'm not surprised Boston fans are whining about Cooke...they'll do that forever. That game misconduct was absolute shit though. I don't typically like complaining about the refs, because bad calls and missed calls happen every game (and the Pens had plenty of opportunity to overcome them)...but that was a ridiculous display Saturday.

Here's to a better game tonight though. :drink:

Lokki
06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I honestly missed the play with Cooke. I was in the kitchen cooking up some stir fry and I heard a lot of commotion coming from the TV. I look around and see we have a 4v4. Then I hear the announcers say that Boston will have a 3 min Powerplay after the 2 minute 4v4. I had to go back later and look at the hit.

The pens definitely need to keep their emotions in check tonight. We can't lose Game 2.

TRH
06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
well ---- hopefully tonight the Pens get back to their own game and stop trying to be "tough guys". Boston completely won the mind game and got into our heads on Sat night. If that continues - yes, the team is doomed.
Coach is smart enough (and surely has went over this multiple times...) to stop letting them win head games and play our game - not their game.

stb_steeler
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
I honestly missed the play with Cooke. I was in the kitchen cooking up some stir fry and I heard a lot of commotion coming from the TV. I look around and see we have a 4v4. Then I hear the announcers say that Boston will have a 3 min Powerplay after the 2 minute 4v4. I had to go back later and look at the hit.

The pens definitely need to keep their emotions in check tonight. We can't lose Game 2.

Merely a love tap with alot of good acting if you ask me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQfoMxf5_fU

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
You've gotta love how they almost instantly bring up the Savard hit (which WAS dangerous, but not against the rules at the time) and compare it to a freaking (borderline) boarding call.

Almost like the refs were just waiting for Cooke to hit someone...

NSMaster56
06-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Obviously I don't want the Pens to go down 0-2, but the main reasons are because I don't want to hear the calls of:

1. Fire Byslma!
2. Trade Geno!
3. Bench Letang!
4. Bring back Fluery!
5. Etc.

Pens, please win tonight and silence any potential insanity.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:12 PM
WTF...

:mad:

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
28 seconds. Really? :doh:

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:35 PM
2-0 Bruins now, and it's already been turnovers galore. Just leaving Vokoun out to dry at this point.

They better wake up NOW, or they are screwed.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
One more goal, and you'll see Fleury in net (no fault of Vokouns).

casteeler
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Geno is non-existant and the Pens can't play properly in front of their own net:banging:

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM
3-0....that'll do it for Vokoun.

LAZY LAZY play.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
So happy to see the crowd supporting both goalies though.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
MOTHERFUCKING C0CKSUCKERS!!!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

Sutter had JUST made it 3-1 with 33 seconds left, and then Marchand goes down 25 seconds later and makes it 4-1.

NSMaster56
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
This is frustrating because:

1. It's as if the Pens didn't expect a super-talented B's squad to pose a threat.
2. The B's clearly know how to exploit the Pens weaknesses
3. The Maple Leafs should have finished off the B's. This series shouldn't even be.

It goes without saying that the Pens need to turn things around NOW, but then again it must be said because it's dumbfounding that they let it come to this (again).

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 08:59 PM
MOTHERFUCKING C0CKSUCKERS!!!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

Sutter had JUST made it 3-1 with 33 seconds left, and then Marchand goes down 25 seconds later and makes it 4-1.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/penguins/pingu-crying-smiley-emoticon.gif

I know it's frustrating. It's getting ugly as hell. :frown:

Get your heads out of your asses, Pens! LET'S GO!

Blacksburg Zach
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
WTF! If the Pens don't get their collective heads out of their ass soon, this series will be over before they know it! :banging:

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't usually like calling games before there over, but I can't see any way they score 5 goals on Rask to take this game. Just gotta hope they wake up and go to Boston and tie this series up.

I hope I'm wrong, and they can turn this game around, but they aren't exactly giving out a lot of hope tonight..

Lokki
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't usually like calling games before there over, but I can't see any way they score 5 goals on Rask to take this game. Just gotta hope they wake up and go to Boston and tie this series up.

I hope I'm wrong, and they can turn this game around, but they aren't exactly giving out a lot of hope tonight..

I'm with you. This is just awful. It is like we lost all ability to play with the week off. We went from looking so well against Ottawa to being shell shocked against the Bruins. Now I know that Boston is a much better team, but come on..

Fire Haley
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Fire fucking Blysma and send Fleury out of town with him
- that was your game plan? do the same thing?

same results

Sid needs benched and take Letang with him.

OliverPoop
06-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I've said it before (not on this forum) and I'll say it again you can't win a Stanley Cup playing street hockey!

NSMaster56

same results

It's obvious that Sid losing the jaw gaurd is to blame here.

SteelCityMom

same results

:doh:

Fire Haley
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Love the gameplan so far:

Turn the puck over and give up odd man rushes and breakaways? CHECK

Keep missing the net with shots? CHECK

Inability to clear your own zone? CHECK

I mean, this gameplan worked so well last time, might as well do it again

It took them one week to completely forget how to play hockey.

casteeler
06-03-2013, 09:32 PM
The Pens are playing so bad that the game looks fixed. Not one player on the team has the ability of handling a pass,shooting a quality shot or god forbid a solid defensive effort

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
It really pains me to say this, but the Pens look like a bunch of clowns out there. :frown:

casteeler
06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Malkin = Mike Wallace.

Lokki
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Love the gameplan so far:

Turn the puck over and give up odd man rushes and breakaways? CHECK

Keep missing the net with shots? CHECK

Inability to clear your own zone? CHECK

I mean, this gameplan worked so well last time, might as well do it again

It took them one week to completely forget how to play hockey.

I've been yelling at my tv about the total inability of the team to pass. It is just crazy. They pass to the Bruins players constantly or just flat out can't hold onto the puck when they need to. I'm over it. This is how they played when we lost to the Islanders.

NSMaster56
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
It really pains me to say this, but the Pens look like a bunch of clowns out there. :frown:

They look like the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.

SteelCityMom
06-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Truth..and it's looking like they're going to exit the playoffs in the same fashion at this point.

stb_steeler
06-03-2013, 10:01 PM

More like the bad news Bears...
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/bigtexcowboy/badnewsbears.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/bigtexcowboy/media/badnewsbears.jpg.html)

Blacksburg Zach
06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
5-1 Boston! :banging: Do the Pens just expect the Bruins to roll over and let them win!? If so, they can say goodbye to their chances for the Stanley Cup!

stb_steeler
06-03-2013, 10:13 PM
this is one of the worst playoff performances i have seen in a long time by the Pens.
Looks like its gonna go from the highest scoring team in regular season to the worst team that made the playoffs.....UNF$#CKINBELIEVABLE :doh: :banging::puke::crying01::monkey::smash::frustrate

casteeler
06-03-2013, 10:14 PM
In the words of Dr Suess "The 3 words that best describe the Pens are as followed,Stink.Stank.Stunk"

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Jeebus, I'm about ready to go all ninja on their ass.

TRH
06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
didn't Coach say ANYTHING to them between game 1 and 2 ??? They look almost the same as they did in game 1 - only twice as bad. This is horrific - and embarrassing.

Lokki
They are done in this series.. such a shame.. was a great season.

TRH

clowns would have scored at least 2 or 3 goals though..............

TRH
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
how can a professional team miss SO many shots???

So in other words - they've average 1/2 of one goal in 2 games. OMG..............

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
6-1!!! That was excruciatingly painful to watch. Such a darn shame. :sadness:

And with that, I'm out like trout.

TRH
06-03-2013, 10:37 PM
6-1!!! Are you freakin' kidding me? That was excruciatingly painful to watch. Such a darn shame. :sadness:

And with that, I'm out like trout.

and i got frustrated with the Steelers at times this year. Sheez. This is FAAAAAR worse. The Pens look like a AA team, maybe an A team. Not even AAA.
I'm not even sure i can put words together to say how bad, humiliating, and embarrassing this is.

Lady Steel
06-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm not even sure i can put words together to say how bad, humiliating, and embarrassing this is.

I agree. Playing on home ice and losing in such a humiliating and embarrassing fashion is inexcusable.

They need to regroup and regroup fast. They're down two games and have to go to Boston now, but for some reason I still think they can do this. It's just not my nature to ever give up hope. :penguin:

TRH
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I agree. Playing on home ice and losing in such a humiliating and embarrassing fashion is inexcusable.

They need to regroup and regroup fast. They're down two games and have to go to Boston now, but for some reason I still think they can do this. It's just not my nature to ever give up hope. :penguin:

After the pathetic performance in game 1, i thought the team and Coach would have addressed the obvious problems and playing right into the Bruins mind games. Instead - this was worse. Far worse. Like they didn't even discuss it. I'm very confused after this mess. We could have thrown a local pony-league team out there tonight and got a better effort.

Blacksburg Zach
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
What happened to the Pens team that was scoring goals at a record clip? It's as if that team stopped playing after the Ottawa series and a new, vastly inferior knockoff has taken that team's place during the conference finals.

TRH
06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
What happened to the Pens team that was scoring goals at a record clip? It's as if that team stopped playing after the Ottawa series and a new, vastly inferior knockoff has taken that team's place during the conference finals.

that team disappeared when they decided they were gong to try and be "tough guys" and just start hitting people into the boards instead of controlling the puck.
Played right into the Bruins hands. Classic mind game lost.

NSMaster56
06-03-2013, 11:08 PM
In the words of Dr Suess "The 3 words that best describe the Pens are as followed,Stink.Stank.Stunk"

:sofunny:

You're a rotter, Mr. Rask.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splot
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Rask.

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 05:42 AM
No brains, no heart, no guts, no balls.

Sid is horrible. Team is horrible.

Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing.

SteelCitian
06-04-2013, 06:25 AM
I'll be surprised if they go to Boston and actually do something.

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Lucic/Krejci/Horton/Bergeron/Marchand: 8 goals, 15 points, +18

Crosby/Malkin/Neal/Iginla/Letang: 0 goals, 0 points, -16

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
that team disappeared when they decided they were gong to try and be "tough guys" and just start hitting people into the boards instead of controlling the puck..

and who came up with that "gameplan"?

panic panic panic panic panic and more panic

Fire Bylsma and hire Torts. Today.

I demand entertainment

SteelersCanada
06-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh please fire Bylsma so we can hire him an hour afterward. I'd love him to come and coach my Blues.

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
you can have him

Bylsma declines to name Game 3 goalie, but says lineup and some line combinations will change

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/341966663886974976

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
The knives are out

Baby crying in back of Jet Blue flight packed w/Boston media. Pilot just got on intercom and asked if "Sidney Crosby was in the back crying"

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22351166/pilot-asks-if-crying-baby-on-plane-is-really-sidney-crosby

SteelersCanada
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Stop trying to outhit the Bruins. Stop trying to be the "bad guys" in the series. Use your speed and skate around Boston because they're old and slow. The gameplan needs to be changed.

Also, I can't tell if the 'fire bylsma!' chants are a joke.

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 05:50 PM

I've been talking, you haven't been paying attention

LOL - reporter just asked Bylsma what he was thinking with the line combinations

Disco panics, 'Let's see, I'll take Bennett out.....use my supersecret weapon of a Glass-Malkiin-Adams line'

Shero and Mario better send a message down that Dan is on the hotseat, along with his goalie.

If anybody else but Vokoun starts every game from now on Bylsma should be fired immediately - get his worthless ass out of town and take that spastic headcase goalie with him.

I wanna see Mario and Shero come down outta the booth and into the locker room and take turns screaming at Bylsma in front of the team, then send Fleury down to the minors. I've never been this mad over a hockey game before.

Bylsma prepares his team like they are robots, they play with no passion in the playoffs......We'll just "play our game" and everyone will fall at our feet in awe.

That's his only plan. Arrogance. Teams that aren't intimidated by this ruse attack his non-existant defensive strategy and win.

I want to see Beau, Despres and Vitale playing next game

casteeler
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I've been talking, you haven't been paying attention

I want to see Beau, Despres and Vitale playing next game

Quite interesting Bylsma and the Pens haven't figured out the stretch pass doesn't work against Boston just like it didn't work last year against The Cryers and complete lack of any defense is killing the Pens....just like last year....against the Cryers:doh:

Blacksburg Zach
06-04-2013, 07:15 PM
The Pens need to stop trying to act like the big bad tough guys and return to what was working. They tried to fix what wasn't broken from their first couple playoff series, and now they are down 2-0 because of it.

TRH
06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Stop trying to outhit the Bruins. Stop trying to be the "bad guys" in the series. Use your speed and skate around Boston because they're old and slow. The gameplan needs to be changed.

i thought they would abandon this stupid "gameplan" after the 1st horrific game. I thought "there's NO way anyone's stupid enough to do that again....".
Wrong!.
They did basically the same thing the 2nd game. Is Coach doing ANYTHING behind the scenes??

Even when just simple skating they can't control the puck. Boston steals or breaks it up every time. This is unbelieveable.

Lady Steel
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
The knives are out

Baby crying in back of Jet Blue flight packed w/Boston media. Pilot just got on intercom and asked if "Sidney Crosby was in the back crying"

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22351166/pilot-asks-if-crying-baby-on-plane-is-really-sidney-crosby

Stay classy, Boston! :sarcasm:

The only good things to come out of Boston are baked beans and cream pie.

Lady Steel
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Even when just simple skating...

From what I saw last night, this is part of the problem. They can't even stay upright. :doh:

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Stay classy, Boston! :sarcasm:

The only good things to come out of Boston are baked beans and cream pie.

Since that was not a charter flight I was surprised the pilot took that shot - Jet Blue presumably has (had?) some Pittsburgh fans as customers too:noidea:

Pittsburgh media has picked up the snarky comment

JetBlue even sent out a tweet of their own, saying “Gotta love Boston based pilots!”

Pens fans, don’t seem to be as amused. Some tweeting to the airlines that they should issue an apology. Others threatening to never fly the airline again.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/jetblue-pilot-makes-jab-at-penguins-star-sidney-crosby/

Pittsburgh International Airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny said she hopes Pens fans don't boycott JetBlue, as some suggested on social media.

“It was a wisecrack that the pilot probably thought would stay within the cabin,” she said. “Everything grows legs and takes off these days.”

JetBlue has struggled against competition in the Pittsburgh market since arriving seven years ago. It eliminated flights to New York in February but last month added a fourth daily flight to Boston, the only city it serves directly from Pittsburgh.

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/4137878-74/boston-jetblue-crying#axzz2VGhRGESR

Lady Steel
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Since that was not a charter flight I was surprised the pilot took that shot :noidea:

He was playing to the media on board. :mad:

Lady Steel
06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Pittsburgh Dad is flying his Penguins flag and makes reference to Sidney's jaw protector. :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gPOAfa5gPgQ

Fire Haley
06-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Kings come back with a gutsy win...score the first goal and anything can happen. Quick made some huge saves.

OliverPoop
06-05-2013, 01:05 AM
So the same people who worship Tom Brady call Crosby a crybaby?

Pot meet kettle.

Lokki
06-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Kings come back with a gutsy win...score the first goal and anything can happen. Quick made some huge saves.

We seem to have an issue scoring goals at all though.

Fire Haley
06-05-2013, 07:14 AM
We seem to have an issue scoring goals at all though.

Kings had the same trouble, being down 0-2

Of course LA only needs to score two goals to win a game. I wonder what that feels like.

Oh right, we just need to "get to our game'

So spoiled. They need to play like Sid and Geno are out hurt. Can't win with that pond hockey shit

BIGNASTY91
06-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Theres not one facet of the last two game's that is worth talking about! TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, Giving up on the plays, cant pass the puck, cant even skate. It was plum pathetic!! Almost like they were supposed to loose to make things interesting??? They need to win this next game! If not i dont have any confidence of them winning 4 in a row to win it? Just show up and play your game!

Fire Haley
06-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Just show up and play your game!

NO!!!!

that's Disco Dan talkin'.

Show up and play team defense, like a real championship contender would.

When "our game" means you are constantly trying to push forward all the time with 50 ft stretch passes, even from deep in your own zone, that's what leads directly to the sloppiness, the breakdowns, and the turnovers.

Vokoun was right when he said the Pens are too worried about scoring goals and not enough about playing defense. He put the blame on the team's attitude. I agree.

Fire Haley
06-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Vokoun tells it like it is...

“They are too good of a team to try to outscore. They're not going to let you do that. Every time we beat them this year, it was a tight-checking game. We were going to use a 1-0 or 2-1 mentality. We didn't do a very good job of staying focused tonight.”

Vokoun believes too many Penguins are attempting to win the game on their own. Some teamwork, he believes, could go a long way as opposed to individualism.

“We've got to change our mindset,” he said. “Play differently. We have to stay focused on our game plan. That means you play for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, we gave up the first goal in both games. At that point, everyone tries to do it on their own. That just doesn't work.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4131159-74/game-fleury-vokoun#axzz2VLP6puOq

Lokki
06-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Vokoun gets the start tonight. I'm glad to hear that. He has been solid throughout the playoffs. I think he has earned the chance to redeem himself. Fleury didn't do much Monday night to give me the warm fuzzies.

Fire Haley
06-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Vokoun gets the start tonight.

well I feel better

stb_steeler
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I'll feel alot better if we could win this 3rd game....:wink02:

OliverPoop
06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
NO!!!!

that's Disco Dan talkin'.

Show up and play team defense, like a real championship contender would.

When "our game" means you are constantly trying to push forward all the time with 50 ft stretch passes, even from deep in your own zone, that's what leads directly to the sloppiness, the breakdowns, and the turnovers.

Vokoun was right when he said the Pens are too worried about scoring goals and not enough about playing defense. He put the blame on the team's attitude. I agree.

Thank you again! So sick of this "Play your game" crap. Stretch passes are what I do in video game hockey it doesn't work in the real game. Dan Bylsma has never really had what you would call a "system" it's just pond hockey. As much as the players supposedly hated him I wonder what would happen in this series if Therrien is the coach (I know he beat got by Ottawa by what if he had this kind of talent).

If the Pens don't get to the final I really don't know how you don't get rid of Bylsma. I know he has a cup, he's won awards, 1st seed this year but what good is it if you can't win a cup with this good of a team? He's a nice guy and all but I really think he's always been in over his head.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I'll feel alot better if we could win this 3rd game....:wink02:

Me, too! I will also feel better after having a few drinkies.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wV4cu8o7-ZY/TBQ-RuN5HgI/AAAAAAAAH2o/PIYvB6Qw7Wk/s1600/Coconut+Rum+with+Pineapple+Juice.jpg

stb_steeler
06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Me, too! I will also feel better after having a few drinkies.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wV4cu8o7-ZY/TBQ-RuN5HgI/AAAAAAAAH2o/PIYvB6Qw7Wk/s1600/Coconut+Rum+with+Pineapple+Juice.jpg

If we lose again....I'll be an alcoholic :drink:

Fire Haley
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you again! So sick of this "Play your game" crap.

why thank you - that's why they call me the hockey genius ya know

time for some inspirational music

http://www.schreibdog.com/ourfinesthour.jpg

casteeler
06-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Dump and chase,play great defense,help Vokoun in front of the net, LET'S GO PENS

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm not giving up yet... Let's go Pens! (don't make me have another public breakdown :chuckle: )

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 08:14 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/1/20/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-9348-1327086367-35.gif

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Blacksburg Zach
06-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Well, it sure didn't take long to surrender a goal. :doh:

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess this is their not so subtle way of telling us to drink more lol.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Damn, they just couldn't get it in there. :frown:

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes, Kunitz! :penguin:

Tied up at 1.

casteeler
06-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Pens showing some life:thumbsup:

casteeler
06-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah.....LETS GO PENS!!!!!!

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Pens showing some life:thumbsup:

Yeah, but I'm still a nervous wreck. We need this game so bad.

casteeler
06-05-2013, 10:02 PM

I know it. I turned my Pens hat from backwards to foward and the Pens scored:applaudit:
Whatever gets yinz comfy

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:06 PM

If i'm expected to finish watching this game, the Pens either need to score 12 unanswered goals, or the alcohol fairy needs to pay me a visit. :nervous:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Wow. I would've beat his ass. :chuckle:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Not going to be easy to score, is it? Damn.

casteeler
06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
The Pens are playing physical hockey and fighting for their playoff lives.Ticky-Tack call on that last one

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
We need Rask to pass out or somethin'. :laughing:

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I just scared the bejeezus out of my cat and dog by screaming at the post lol. I mean, really? Of course it hits the post.

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
We need Rask to pass out or somethin'. :laughing:

Right!?

The shot-to-score ratio isn't pretty with him at goal. He'll slip up soon, though. Bank on it.

casteeler
06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
So intense! Lets Go Pens,we need this!!!

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:38 PM
No more posts. Lets end this.

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Okay. Definitely breaking out the alcohol.

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 10:42 PM
OMG...I'm sofa king tired. Pens just need to wrap this up quick in OT.

casteeler
06-05-2013, 10:43 PM
:willy:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
OMG...I'm sofa king tired. Pens just need to wrap this up quick in OT.

This. These OT's are all too frequent, and I get up far too early. :chuckle:

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm too stressed out for it being my day off!!!

Please, please, please let the Pens score. :hope:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Come on Pens. Score quickly so your fans can sleep. :chuckle:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Come on now, don't lose composure. Just need a good opportunity.

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice save! Holy shit. I don't know if I can handle this.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 11:05 PM
OMG, I'm gonna have a damn heart attack. :laughing:

casteeler, you were absolutely right. This game is intense.

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Oh my god.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Let's put this away right now!

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
That post shot was insane.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Rut-roh. :frown:

casteeler
06-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow!

Blacksburg Zach
06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Come on Pens, get the win in double OT.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Going into a second overtime. This game is cray cray. :laughing:

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:39 PM
2OT. This is going to kill me. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Now not only am I tired, but I'm hungry again.

Thanks for making me fat, Pens! :chuckle:

Now win the damn game!!!

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 11:46 PM
"You don't have to be lonely, at FarmersOnly.com".

SteelCityMom
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Now would be the PERFECT time for the series first PP goal. Come on Pens!

SteelCityMom
06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Jagr looks like a ChoMo.

SteelCityMom
06-06-2013, 12:10 AM
OMFG!!!! Hit the net, not posts (Pens).

SteelCityMom
06-06-2013, 12:11 AM
53 shots on Rask?!?!?! Unpossible!

Bayz101
06-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Boy was I nervous seeing Sid out there without his helmet. :laughing:

SteelCityMom
06-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Fuck

Bayz101
Fuck.

Blacksburg Zach
...Damn it. This series really doesn't look good now.

Lady Steel
SHIT!!!

That's all for tonight, folks. :sadness:

SteelCityMom
06-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Every member of the Pens should get down on their knees and suck Vokoun off like he's never been sucked off before. He deserves some kind of joy tonight, and they deserve that punishment.

BEFORE he showers too.

Bayz101
06-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Every member of the Pens should get down on their knees and suck Vokoun off like he's never been sucked off before. He deserves some kind of joy tonight, and they deserve that punishment.

BEFORE he showers too.

Both goalies worked their asses off tonight, that's for sure. We needed just one goal. Didn't happen, and now i'm going to bed aggravated. :doh:

SteelersCanada
06-06-2013, 12:31 AM
When it goes that late into a game, you know the goal is going to be shitty and it was. It's not impossible to come back from 0 - 3 and with all the offensive firepower the Penguins have, this series isn't over yet. Bringing the series back to Pittsburgh is job one, though.

TRH
06-06-2013, 12:35 AM
although the game was a close one and the goaltending was superb - you HAVE to score goals.
They improved in many aspects of their game tonight, but they were still very, very sloppy when controlling the puck and the quality of the shots on goal just wasn't there - the quantity was, but the quality wasn't.
We had dozens of opportunities to score - and didn't - again. I hate the outcome, but Boston deserved the win.

casteeler
06-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Vokoun played an epic game tonight! Too bad the Pens didn't play with that intensity all 3 games or there might not be a zero in the win column for the series. I love that shot of helmet less Sid jumping over that bruin to get to the puck:applaudit:

Fire Haley
06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
wasn't meant to be - not a single bounce the whole series

maybe Disco should have had them working on their PP instead of giving them a week off

Lokki
06-06-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm so disappointed. Such a great season gone to waste now. Shero's brilliant moves are all for naught now.

I have to say this though... I miss Jordan Staal.

stb_steeler
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
How do you go from one of the best teams in the NHL to the worst playoff team.
Lets ask the Pens they'll know! :banging:

NSMaster56
06-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I want to be furious, but sports stopped meaning THAT much to me after the storybook events of 08/09.

A few things of note:
1. The Pens D is terrible, but their refusal to play as a TEAM and constant 'hero hockey' tendencies killed their biggest strength: OFFENSE. Shameful.
2. That said, how many times do the Pens have to fail with 'offense first' tendencies before they realize that such style does not translate into what matters most: playoff success?
3. Tuukka Rask is exactly the kind of goalie teams love to lean on. Props to that man.
4. And props to Boston. This isn't just the Pens 'beating themselves', they're enforcing their will and taking this series by force. If you didn't think they could make this a series you were in denial. They're a talented and tough squad worthy of facing off for Lord Stanley's Cup for the second time in three years.

The Pens will probably do like they did last year vs. the Flyers: take two in a row and then go down on the road in game six. The rest of this series is formality at this point.

Still have Sid. Still have Geno. Still have plenty of supporting talent to try and learn from these recurring mistakes next year.

And, if nothing else, at least we don't root for the Capitals.

NSMaster56
06-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Every now and again the comment section at ESPN is worthy of more than just an immature joke or two:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/laf/3849559784.html

Fire Haley
06-06-2013, 11:45 PM
none of this happened till the Pirates started wearing the Pens jerzeys

the stink of losing is contagious

casteeler
06-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Every now and again the comment section at ESPN is worthy of more than just an immature joke or two:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/laf/3849559784.html

That was HILARIOUS!! The person who posted that should be given free tickets to a game of his/her choosing:hatsoff:

Fire Haley
06-07-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not laughing

2 goals in 3 games is pathetic

grow a spine boys and not look like complete pussies and win 1 game at least

Lady Steel
06-07-2013, 01:12 PM
none of this happened till the Pirates started wearing the Pens jerzeys

the stink of losing is contagious

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/1/20/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-9294-1327087784-34.gif

It's do or die time! I have to work tonight, but will be watching as much as I can. LET'S GO PENS! :penguin:

stb_steeler
06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
There isnt one person who thought we would have been down 3-0 in this series.
Something just dont seem right, cant wrap my mind around this awful display of hockey they've been playing!

Lokki
06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Even the Rangers won a game in their series with the Bruins. It was Game 4 as well.

sluggermatt15
06-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Watching the Bruins play defense is a thing of beauty. Rask also looks sharp again, through 1 period.

casteeler
06-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Lets go Pens!!

TRH
06-07-2013, 09:31 PM
We can't even buy a goal at this point. This is both sad and frustrating at the same time.

casteeler
06-07-2013, 09:36 PM
We can't even buy a goal at this point. This is both sad and frustrating at the same time.

Makes you sick to your stomach

SteelCityMom
06-07-2013, 09:45 PM
For the life of me, I don't know why I'm subjecting myself to this again. :chuckle:

This has just been the most stressful series that I can remember. Even more than Halak. I just want them to win a freaking game at this point.

casteeler
06-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Boy the Pens will look different next season, you can't be handed star players,get swept and keep your job

Blacksburg Zach
06-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Pens go from a historic postseason offense to one that couldn't score a goal if their lives depended on it. Because of their sudden offensive ineptitude, they are less than 12 minutes away from being swept out of the playoffs, unless of course their offense actually decides to show signs of life before then.

casteeler
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
The Pens have been careful and weak all game long.WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS TEAM? Play like your job depends on it!

TRH
06-07-2013, 10:28 PM
can someone get the Wilkes-Barre farm team in here to finish this game, please!!!?? At this point, their not even shooting the puck on goal. This is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad................... Ugly.

TRH
06-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Feels like there's 10 Bruins on the ice and 5 Penguins...................

Bayz101
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
so they wait until the last 30 seconds to play there asses off.

TRH
06-07-2013, 10:38 PM
so they wait until the last 30 seconds to play there asses off.

i thought the exact same thing... Even then they couldn't find a way to get a decent shot on goal.
Pathetic. REALLY pathetic. Downright embarrassing

SteelCityMom
06-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Just downright depressing. I feel terrible for Vokoun...he looked like he was ready to cry, and I wouldn't blame him. I feel bad for Iggy too. The whole team did them both wrong.

It'll be interesting to see what Shero does after this. Part of me says that you don't fire a coach after making it to the conference finals, but with all that talent, I don't know how you fuck it up so badly.

Better luck next year I suppose.

NSMaster56
06-07-2013, 10:48 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Shero does after this. Part of me says that you don't fire a coach after making it to the conference finals, but with all that talent, I don't know how you fuck it up so badly.

Yeah, it's not like they can fire the players. Or not when they're named Crosby, Malkin and Letang.

The Pens are looking more and more like the Atlanta Braves of the NHL. The only question is if Byslma will get a chance to be the Bobby Cox.

casteeler
06-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Vokoun is the only guy on the Pens squad that deserves ANY applause for the effort put fourth in this series. I'm so disgusted with this team and its sub-par coaching. Fleury,Malkin and Bylsma shouldn't be allowed back in Consol.Niskanan and Iginla shouldn't be allowed back in Pittsburgh... How Pathetic,the Pens should be ashamed of this series:banging:

Fire Haley
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
34 years since the last time the Pens were swept

2 goals in the entire series

Your move Mario

NSMaster56
06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
The problem is that the Pens have talented players which fit a style and that style works (at least until the playoffs).

So what are they going to do? You can't force a stallion to become a mule. You're not going to trade a stallion for a mule.

There's no easy answer here.

All they can really do is learn from glaring mistakes/misplays and learn to play with full intensity/heart next go-round. Focus.

SteelCityMom
06-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Well...I guess the only positives I can think of now is that they ended the season relatively healthy and will have a little bit more of a break than the Hawks/Kings or Bruins. And that we have Vokoun for another year.

Looking forward to next season with the new alignment and the Olympics.

Lady Steel
06-07-2013, 11:50 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/1/20/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-15412-1327085582-9.gif

Buh-bye!

SteelersCanada
06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I would be absolutely shocked if Bylsma got fired.

Blacksburg Zach
06-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Damn, the Pens get swept and the Bruins go to the Finals. The Maple Leafs just had to implode against Boston in their series, didn't they?

Lady Steel
06-08-2013, 02:37 AM
Crosby, Malkin power outage dooms Penguins

BOSTON (AP) -- Penguins captain Sidney Crosby had a much easier time explaining what went wrong for Pittsburgh in the Eastern Conference finals than he did in breaking through against the Boston Bruins' stingy defense.

''We didn't score,'' Crosby said.

And now the Penguins are headed home.

After Pittsburgh led the NHL in goals during the regular season and finished second in total points, the top-seeded Penguins were eliminated with a 1-0 loss to the Bruins in Game 4 on Friday night.

The defeat capped a stunning sweep by the 2011 Stanley Cup champion Bruins.

''I didn't expect to go out four straight,'' Crosby said. ''But the last couple games, I thought we deserved better. Unfortunately we didn't find a way to regroup after dropping those two at home.''

The high-powered Penguins, boasting former MVPs Crosby and Malkin, managed just two goals in the series after averaging nearly 3 1-2 per game during the regular season.

Crosby and Malkin both failed to record a point in the series.

''When you're this close, obviously you want to get to the finals,'' Crosby said. ''You don't get opportunities like this all the time, so yeah, definitely, it's disappointing.''

Crosby, though, was adamant about one thing: The Penguins had their opportunities - 136 shots overall - but only two slipped past goalie Tuukka Rask, who stopped 53 in a 2-1, double-overtime Bruins victory in Game 3.

''It wasn't a lack of chances,'' Crosby said. ''You could talk about their defensive play, they're patient, they're a good hockey team, but we had our fair share of opportunities. We either had pucks hop over our sticks or hit posts or didn't execute for different reasons.

''(Rask) is part of it, but there is a number of things we'll look back on and know we could have been better.''

Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma didn't shy away from crediting Rask.

''There's no question that the performance he put in in this series was elite,'' he said. ''He was the difference in the series, there is no question.''

For all their firepower and flashy play, the Penguins couldn't deliver as they had during the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs.

They finished the series 0 for 15 on the power play after scoring on 24.7 percent of their advantages during the regular season, and 28.2 percent through the opening two rounds against the New York Islanders and Ottawa Senators.

''Maybe because our power play didn't score a goal. That was the key to the other series that we went in and capitalized on key moments,'' Pittsburgh forward Chris Kunitz said. ''Sometimes we barely generated energy from our bench.''

Even more mystifying, was the shutdown of Crosby and Malkin, who combined for 31 points in the first two rounds.

''You try to fight, you try to get through to the net and get rebounds, and sometimes they come to you, sometimes they don't,'' Crosby said. ''Obviously, you score two goals as a team in four games, and personally to go without any points, doesn't sit very well.''

It clearly weighed on Malkin, as well.

The Russian star sat slumped over at his stall, his hands covering his face, and his sweaty pads still covering his legs, He accepted his share of the blame.

''We scored two goals in four games. It's not enough,'' he said. ''It is my mistakes that I scored zero goals. It's not good for me.''

Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun, who was pulled after allowing three first-period goals in a 6-1 home loss in Game 2, was shocked at the outcome.

''You go through the season with a team like we had and it's very disappointing,'' Vokoun said. ''It's a tough moment, and unfortunately for Pittsburgh, only one team can win and that's not going to be us.''

The Penguins hadn't been swept out of the playoffs since 1979, when they also fell to the Bruins. They had been shut out only twice in their previous 147 games.

Boston blanked them twice in this one-sided, four-game whitewash.

''Our team is a team that considers itself a team capable of winning a Stanley Cup, put together to win a Stanley Cup. That's our expectation from Day One,'' Bylsma said. ''No question, you're going to look at this as a missed opportunity.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/crosby-malkin-power-outage-dooms-051206716--nhl.html

stb_steeler
06-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Seen it time after time, teams get real hot towards the end of season then only to burn out in the end. Just ask the Flyers! :doh:

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Yeah, it's not like they can fire the players. Or not when they're named Crosby, Malkin and Letang.

The Pens are looking more and more like the Atlanta Braves of the NHL. The only question is if Byslma will get a chance to be the Bobby Cox.

Braves made it to 5 World Series in the 90s - this Pens team has only made it to 2 finals in 2008-2009 and zip since then - in terms of results not matching the hype a better analogy at this point appears to be the 80s Bears

Fire Haley
06-08-2013, 10:18 AM
4 straight years of meltdowns in the playoffs to lower ranked teams

If we could get Tippett I'd drive Disco to NYC myself.

casteeler
06-08-2013, 11:19 AM
The entire series was odd,really odd. All of the sudden Malkin had trouble skating,Crosby couldn't stick handle to save his own life,Letang had 2 out of 3 passes jumping off his stick. The power play had been awesome the entire year,damn near the most deadly I'd seen in a lot of years watching hockey and with the flip of a switch it was a disaster. I cannot wrap my head around a team that's stacked with all the great players,that everyone witnessed chive together so well completely dissolve. I can only come out of this with 2 possibilities, either Bylsma is the worst coach or (as a sports fan I HATE to have the thought in my head) the series was fixed. It seem idiotic for me to even think for a second that the outcome was predetermined but it just seemed way to convenient that the entire team forgot how to play in a few days

Lady Steel
06-08-2013, 11:34 AM
the series was fixed. It seem idiotic for me to even think for a second that the outcome was predetermined but it just seemed way to convenient that the entire team forgot how to play in a few days

The Sympathy Cup to the Bruins because of the bombings?

stb_steeler
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Winning that way!..Does it really do anybody that good?....It be a freakin shame if this type of thing really happens in sports. I know it happens in kids sports, some parents would do anything to see a trophy on the mantle from their kids teams, all you have to do is turn on the tv an see some parent slapping a Ref or an opposing parent on the other team.

casteeler
06-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Sounds completely insane,I had trouble hitting 'submit' to post it

TRH
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM

i don't think it was "fixed" to that point...... But you can BET your a** thats what the commissioner wanted (Bruins to win for the "story") and made that very clear to certain types of supervisors who might wear striped shirts.

Bottom line though - can't skate, can't hold the puck, and can't score - you're not winning any games. This will go down, considering the level of talent here, as one of the worst series performances ever......maybe THE worst. Besides goalie play, i can't name a worse performance.

sluggermatt15
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Sounds completely insane,I had trouble hitting 'submit' to post it

The series was "fixed"? What a completely ridiculous statement. Boston completely OUTPLAYED the Pittsburgh Penguins. The only game where we had a legitimate chance to win was Game 3 and possibly last night. For you to say it was fixed is a complete joke. Quit the sour grapes.

casteeler
06-08-2013, 01:36 PM
The series was "fixed"? What a completely ridiculous statement. Boston completely OUTPLAYED the Pittsburgh Penguins. The only game where we had a legitimate chance to win was Game 3 and possibly last night. For you to say it was fixed is a complete joke. Quit the sour grapes.

Boston absolutely outplayed the Pens. If it was just the Pens completely shitting the bed 4 straight games,scoring only 2 goals hand Bylsma and at least half that team their walking papers. I knew I'd get flamed for posting something so rediculous but I'm having trouble believing this team is that easy to dismantle.

SteelCityMom
06-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Well hey, only about 4 more months till preseason starts. Just think of all the new bitching we may be able to do! :chuckle:

I hope the Kings can pull off a miracle though (I know they won't). Having to watch Hawks and Bruins go at it in the finals is almost as bad as 9er's and Ravens in the SB. Just screw this year altogether. I'm ready for next.

sluggermatt15
06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Boston absolutely outplayed the Pens. If it was just the Pens completely shitting the bed 4 straight games,scoring only 2 goals hand Bylsma and at least half that team their walking papers. I knew I'd get flamed for posting something so rediculous but I'm having trouble believing this team is that easy to dismantle.

Yes I agree with you, if the Penguins had laid an egg and they had HORRIBLE calls go against them, then maybe there would have been 'something up'. Not the case though. I thought the officiating was consistent. Penalties were pretty even for both teams. Obviously, a few calls that weren't made but should have, like Crosby getting blindsided last night. But you have to figure the referees aren't going to call everything. That's the game.

Here were 2 differences I noticed.

1. Goaltending -

Tuuka Rask stood on his head the ENTIRE series. Shutting down the NHL's #1 offense in Pittsburgh is quite an achievement. How he did it, I don't know. But because he did it, my opinion about him changed 180 degrees from prior to Game 1 to this very moment. I think he's a good, young goalie. He's got the potential to be great if this is what he can continue to do.

The lack of consistency in net for Pittsburgh hurt them in the playoffs. It was something Boston exposed, particularly in Game 2. Vokoun was pulled and Fleury didn't do much better. To compete with a team like the Bruins, one needs consistent, solid goaltending. I think Vokoun gave all he had, but he just couldn't match Rask, stride for stride. I don't fault Vokoun for losing this series... which brings me to my next point.

2. Defense

Penguins are obviously a team built for scoring. Boston is built for defense. I believe the Pens lack a defenseman who is a "lock down" player like a Chara who can just shut down the other team's stars. Orpik is supposed to be that guy, but I don't think he did a great job containing players like Krejci, Lucic, etc. Letang is more of an offensive defenseman. Murray is big and physical, but not on the same level as Orpik. Further, Julien's system really frustrated Pittsburgh. It was difficult for the Penguins to get to their game in the offensive zone. They are a puck possession team. Boston was all over them and disrupted their efforts with deflections, intercepted passes, etc.

I tip my cap to the Bruins. They played a whale of a series. They defied the odds. Good for them. Whoever they oppose in the Cup Final is going to have their work cut out for them.

OliverPoop
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I think we can all agree that the reason the Pens lost this series is that there were not enough stretch passes and the Pens didn't play their game.

:danceguy:

Fire Haley
06-08-2013, 02:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KqsBK30.gif

and the aliens had a force field around the Bruins net

Bayz101
06-08-2013, 03:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KqsBK30.gif

and the aliens had a force field around the Bruins net

Surely someone will make a dubstep song to that gif.

Fire Haley
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hXEmvx7.gif

http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/06/sweep22.gif

NSMaster56
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm having trouble believing this team is that easy to dismantle.

Why?

Pride comes before the fall.

Fire Haley
06-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Hawks are taking it to Quick - 2-0 in the 1st

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Now 2-2

Some teams do not roll over

Blacksburg Zach
06-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Now 2-2

Some teams do not roll over

Sadly, the Pens were not one of those teams.

SteelersCanada
06-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Chicago is gonna win the cup. If they can solve Quick, they can solve Rask.

Fire Haley
06-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Kane with the 4-3 2OT hat trick winner - now that's how a superstar shows up for a game.

Bost/Chi it is.

sluggermatt15
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Kane with the 4-3 2OT hat trick winner - now that's how a superstar shows up for a game.

Bost/Chi it is.

IMO this is going to be a really interesting SCF match up. We have a team in Chicago, who, like the Penguins, play a high tempo game and like to score. Then there's Boston who is much more defensive minded. Are we going to observe a repeat of the ECF where Boston shuts down another high scoring team?

Fire Haley
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Are we going to observe a repeat of the ECF where Boston shuts down another high scoring team?

Hawks figured out how to score on Quick, against LA's defense - I don't think Boston will scare them.

stb_steeler
06-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Chicago is gonna win the cup. If they can solve Quick, they can solve Rask.

I hope they do so these annoying Bruin fans STFU!

SteelCityMom
06-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Chicago is one of the most well rounded teams...I don't think they'll have much of an issue picking apart the Bruins. Western teams are much more defensive minded than Eastern teams. They've seen MUCH better defense than what Boston has to offer.

And as much as I hate the Hawks, I hate Boston more. I'm going with Hawks in 5 or 6.

Fire Haley
06-09-2013, 02:32 PM
more pot stirring

Sources: Pens’ chairman Lemieux may order ouster of coach Bylsma

The call on Dan Bylsma’s future behind the Penguins’ bench may not be Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero’s to make.

Several individuals within the industry have told Slap Shots Penguins chairman Mario Lemieux, distressed by his team’s fourth straight failure to get out of the Eastern Conference after consecutive trips to the Finals in 2008 and 2009, the latter culminating with a Stanley Cup victory, may instruct Shero to dismiss the coach.

There already is chatter out of Pittsburgh about how the Penguins failed to “adapt” or “adjust” to the Bruins in the Eastern finals sweep — during which they never held the lead, were limited to two goals overall and were shut out on the power play. All those areas generally are the purview of the coaching staff.

Someone likely is to pay for the debacle that followed a series of moves at the trade deadline in which Pittsburgh sacrificed four draft picks and three prospects to acquire rental properties Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray, not one of whom came close to making a difference once the Penguins stepped up in class.

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury all but certainly will become someone else’s reclamation project following a fourth straight subpar playoff performance and second consecutive tournament meltdown.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fired_up_reF8AjV9HXqj8j5rQV0WHN

stb_steeler
06-09-2013, 05:55 PM
more pot stirring

Sources: Pens’ chairman Lemieux may order ouster of coach Bylsma

The call on Dan Bylsma’s future behind the Penguins’ bench may not be Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero’s to make.

Several individuals within the industry have told Slap Shots Penguins chairman Mario Lemieux, distressed by his team’s fourth straight failure to get out of the Eastern Conference after consecutive trips to the Finals in 2008 and 2009, the latter culminating with a Stanley Cup victory, may instruct Shero to dismiss the coach.

There already is chatter out of Pittsburgh about how the Penguins failed to “adapt” or “adjust” to the Bruins in the Eastern finals sweep — during which they never held the lead, were limited to two goals overall and were shut out on the power play. All those areas generally are the purview of the coaching staff.

Someone likely is to pay for the debacle that followed a series of moves at the trade deadline in which Pittsburgh sacrificed four draft picks and three prospects to acquire rental properties Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray, not one of whom came close to making a difference once the Penguins stepped up in class.

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury all but certainly will become someone else’s reclamation project following a fourth straight subpar playoff performance and second consecutive tournament meltdown.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fired_up_reF8AjV9HXqj8j5rQV0WHN

Oh no....No more Dan and Dan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FFXfCp7vGE

sluggermatt15
06-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Hawks figured out how to score on Quick, against LA's defense - I don't think Boston will scare them.

True about the Kings. IMO Boston's defense is superior to LA's. Chara is an animal, Boychuck played well against us, and Chicago's starpower won't impress them. If Boston can shut us down, I don't see why they can't beat Chicago. I think the Penguins are a better offensive team than the Blackhawks. Only difference I think is the 'Hawks can play defense and they have a goalie who is playing well in Crawford. But I can tell you that Rask better be on his game like he was versus the Pens if the Bruins are going to emerge victorious.

Fire Haley
06-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 19m
Bylsma: Bennett will be a top-six forward, Despres a top-four defenseman next season. #TribHKY

So you had a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 forward sitting in the pressbox for most if not all of the playoffs

brilliant!

Bylsma: ‘Fleury is our No. 1 goalie’

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/343782820843507713

pack them both up on a slow boat to China

SteelersCanada
06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Sounds like typical coach talk. He can't say "well, our two superstars underachieved and we had two guys in the press box because they were hurting us every time they were on the ice" because that would be throwing your guys under the bus. He handled it pretty well I thought.