PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Fire Haley
06-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Bylsma has lost his mind

Penguins losing marbles, too?

As if it weren't enough for the Penguins to lose their offense, lose their power play and lose a dominant chunk of their dignity by losing in four straight to the Bruins, it now would appear they're losing their minds.

Unless, of course, you can concoct a different way to interpret this remark from Dan Bylsma at the team's breakup session Sunday at Consol Energy Center: “Marc-Andre Fleury is our No. 1 goalie. He's the No. 1 goalie for this franchise. And he will be going forward."

“Tomas ... um, I don't think is in any different boat than when he came in last year. He's going to play games for us, big games, but ... next year, he's not going to get that opportunity because Marc-Andre Fleury's going to be in net for us winning hockey games.”

The coach outright tossed into the trash the goaltender who just (maybe) saved the coach's job and who just (undoubtedly) was his team's playoff MVP by a preposterously wide margin. Bylsma exhibited zero timing, zero awareness of what Vokoun means to his teammates

But right after that, Bylsma's nervous, nonsensical session inspired about as much confidence as what he just showed in a good player and good man who deserved far better. It was an absolute mess and one that might have unearthed much about an even bigger mess behind the scenes.

Oh, there was this, too: Bylsma acknowledged not having spoken yet to Ray Shero about his job status for next season

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164486-74/bylsma-fleury-coach#axzz2Voo7HS7J

stb_steeler
06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
How many times does Bylsma not expect Fleury to shit the bed in the playoffs...

SteelCityMom
06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Bylsma has lost his mind

Penguins losing marbles, too?

As if it weren't enough for the Penguins to lose their offense, lose their power play and lose a dominant chunk of their dignity by losing in four straight to the Bruins, it now would appear they're losing their minds.

Unless, of course, you can concoct a different way to interpret this remark from Dan Bylsma at the team's breakup session Sunday at Consol Energy Center: “Marc-Andre Fleury is our No. 1 goalie. He's the No. 1 goalie for this franchise. And he will be going forward."

“Tomas ... um, I don't think is in any different boat than when he came in last year. He's going to play games for us, big games, but ... next year, he's not going to get that opportunity because Marc-Andre Fleury's going to be in net for us winning hockey games.”

The coach outright tossed into the trash the goaltender who just (maybe) saved the coach's job and who just (undoubtedly) was his team's playoff MVP by a preposterously wide margin. Bylsma exhibited zero timing, zero awareness of what Vokoun means to his teammates

But right after that, Bylsma's nervous, nonsensical session inspired about as much confidence as what he just showed in a good player and good man who deserved far better. It was an absolute mess and one that might have unearthed much about an even bigger mess behind the scenes.

Oh, there was this, too: Bylsma acknowledged not having spoken yet to Ray Shero about his job status for next season

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164486-74/bylsma-fleury-coach#axzz2Voo7HS7J

He's not going to trash Fleury or anyone. It wouldn't look good right before they try to trade him for as much as possible.

Buddha Bus
06-10-2013, 12:57 PM
He's not going to trash Fleury or anyone. It wouldn't look good right before they try to trade him for as much as possible.

Why am I just noticing you got your old account back? Awesome! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
06-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Why am I just noticing you got your old account back? Awesome! :thumbsup:

Bagz changed the name back for me yesterday.

Buddha Bus
06-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Bagz changed the name back for me yesterday.

Cool. It's like having Ozzy back in Black Sabbath. :thumbsup: :drink:

Fire Haley
06-10-2013, 01:28 PM

What???? Vokoun just saved his ass!

saying Vokoun isn't good enough to be our starting goalie!!

Fire Haley
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Here's an interview with Errey basically blaming DB for allowing the team to meltdown again.

Errey On Bylsma, ‘Got To Get Everybody On The Same Page, And They Weren’t’

“Dan Bylsma did not think Marc-Andre Fleury was his franchise goaltender because he didn’t play him,” Errey said in response to the coach telling the media that Fleury will be next year’s starter.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/06/10/errey-on-bylsma-got-to-get-everybody-on-the-same-page-and-they-werent/

SteelCityMom
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM

Again...if they have intentions on trading him, they aren't going to publicly trash him, especially if they want to get the best value for him (talking about Fleury).

Now if they keep him...that will be the crazy part.

SteelCityMom
06-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Here's a big sign that Fleury may be gone... and maybe Theissen will replace.

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury doesn't know if he will return to the Penguins next season.

If he does, Fleury likely will do so under the guidance of a new goaltenders coach.

Gilles Meloche is expected to formally request his resignation this week.

Meloche, goaltending coach for the past seven seasons, will inform general manager Ray Shero this week of plans to resign. He is expected to take another role — perhaps as a professional scout — with the Penguins, with whom he has spent 27 seasons. Meloche, 62, wants to spend more time in his native Montreal.

Mike Bales, 40, is the leading candidate to replace Meloche. Bales has spent the past two seasons as goaltending coach at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the Penguins' AHL affiliate. He has worked closely with player-development coach Bill Guerin, who over the past year has emerged as a leading voice among Shero's hockey operations staff.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164503-74/fleury-coach-penguins?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewpenguins+%28Peng uins+Stories%29#ixzz2Vr3CNpSR

Fire Haley
06-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Shero will be holding his end of year press conference tomorrow - - maybe we'll get some tidbits outta that.

sluggermatt15
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I agree this was a DUMB statement by Disco. Way to discredit your 2013 Playoff MVP... :banging: But this aside, I don't think Vokoun is viable to become the starter in Pittsburgh. There are some important unanswered questions about him, such as, can he handle the full workload of starting 60-65 regular season games per year? He is 37 years old. At $2M he is a reasonable price, given what he did in the playoffs. I think if management is serious about him, they have to keep him and sign him past next year (for more $ obviously) and dump Fleury. Can't afford to commit more than $7M on 2 goalies. $5M for a backup in Fleury is not worth it.

Fire Haley
06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
it has begun

Pens’ owners, Shero discuss Bylsma’s future

Shero wanted the coaching situation settled — at least Bylsma's status — so he could start finalizing a long-term contract with center Evgeni Malkin before turning to potential new contracts for winger Pascal Dupuis and defenseman Kris Letang.

Shero also identified parameters of the commitment necessary to keep Malkin — about $10 million annually, all of which would count completely against the salary cap.

Ownership has authorized Shero to keep Malkin at almost any cost.

Shero has said he hoped to re-sign Malkin and Letang and to continue to build around them and Crosby.

(more)
http://triblive.com/mobile/4179341-96/shero-penguins-bylsma

SteelCitian
06-12-2013, 07:41 AM
This might sound like a silly question, but who do you want to take the cup now? I have to go with the hawks-I just can't get myself to root for the Bruins. Somebody said Pens fans should want the Bruins to win because it makes the Pens look better.

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Shero presser live in a minute

http://penguins.nhl.com/

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Shero: Bylsma and entire coaching staff gets extended 2 more years

Lokki
06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Shero: Bylsma and entire coaching staff gets extended 2 more years

I could hear Killer scream from here..

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673682&cmpid=pit-fb-penguins

stb_steeler
06-12-2013, 10:33 AM
This might sound like a silly question, but who do you want to take the cup now? I have to go with the hawks-I just can't get myself to root for the Bruins. Somebody said Pens fans should want the Bruins to win because it makes the Pens look better.

How does Boston winning the cup make it better for the pens, Oh the eastern conference!
Sorry but i cant stand Boston so ima goin with Hawks.

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
"with high expectations come bigger disappointment" - so I guess that means we should have lower expectations?

The 15 game win streak seems to be a big reason why there are no coaching changes. Shero keeps referring to that

"We didn't score a goal in Boston, but our penalty kill was good"

:doh:

Shero: "I'm not getting rid of Marc-Andre Fleury."

and that's that

Lokki
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Gilles Meloche, who has been with the Penguins' organization for parts of four decades, is stepping down as the team’s full-time goaltending coach and has been named a special assignment scout.

Read more here: http://pens.pe/11W6YTX

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 11:25 AM
finally, a non-softball question from the media - Dejan: "Why did your coach make no adjustments in the Boston series and how can you defend that?"

Shero: "I'm not a coach, I can't answer that"

wow, slinging it now, "Jarome was great, Morrow was great..."

everybody was great - see you next year

The End

Blacksburg Zach
06-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Blackhawks. The Pens "looking better" is not going to give them the cup this year.

stb_steeler
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Looks like another 2 years of the Dan an Dan show!

SteelCitian
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
How does Boston winning the cup make it better for the pens, Oh the eastern conference!
Sorry but i cant stand Boston so ima goin with Hawks.

I guess the logic there is that if Boston wins the cup, it makes the Pens look better because the lost to the team that won the cup.

Lokki
06-12-2013, 01:08 PM
I guess the logic there is that if Boston wins the cup, it makes the Pens look better because they were swept by the team that won the cup.

Fixed.

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Chicago has ‘a lot of Kris Letangs,’ says Julien

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/chicago-has-a-lot-of-kris-letangs-says-julien/

he meant it as a compliment, uh-huh

stb_steeler
06-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Hawks game #1

Fire Haley
06-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Bruins blow 3-1 lead in the 3rd

Lose in 3OT to a double deflection trick shot

LMAO!

Fire Haley
06-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Hawks scored more goals against them in one game than Pens scored in whole series...they got all our bounces

Lokki
06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with forward Evgeni Malkin on an eight-year $76 million contract extension.

The deal begins with the 2014-15 season and runs through the 2021-22 campaign. Malkin, 26, is one of just three Penguins in franchise history to win multiple Art Ross Trophies as the NHL scoring leader (2012, ’09), joining Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr. He has also won the Hart Trophy (2012), Ted Lindsay Award (2012) and Calder Trophy (2007).

Fire Haley
06-13-2013, 08:49 AM
yeah - that'll shut up all the trade rumors

PENGUINS, MALKIN AGREE TO EIGHT-YEAR, $76 MILLION EXTENSION

He'll get eight years and $76 million ($9.5 million cap hit).

The deal involves a no-movement clause as well as $10 million in signing bonuses.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425359

------------------------

way to go Geno!

he would have received $12M on the open market and $15M in the KHL.

SteelersCanada
06-13-2013, 01:58 PM
He's worth every penny.

The Hawks outshot the Bruins 31 - 14 in the second and third period. This is the type of game the Penguins should've played - speed speed speed. Chicago let the physical play come to them instead of going out and looking for it. They used their speed and dominated the Bruins in their own zone.

Again - this is the kind of game Pittsburgh should have played against the Bruins. If they had, the series would've been over in 5 and I wouldn't have to keep looking at Marchand's face. Seriously, fuck Brad Marchand.

steelax04
06-13-2013, 04:18 PM
... I wouldn't have to keep looking at Marchand's face. Seriously, fuck Brad Marchand.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about that guy. He creeps me out.

NSMaster56
06-13-2013, 06:15 PM

Blackhawks.

Their fans will be less insufferable should they win, or more justifiably insufferable (whichever description is most apt).

NSMaster56
06-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Hawks scored more goals against them in one game than Pens scored in whole series...they made adjustments

Corrected for accuracy.

Fire Haley
06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Corrected for accuracy.

that too

still, one helluva Game 1

I fell asleep and woke up and the game was STILL going on - I had to watch

I still say the Hawks got all our bounces we had saved up

Fire Haley
06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
back to the news

Boston could be fucked

Horton dealing with chronic shoulder dislocation

CHICAGO — According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Nathan Horton has been dealing with chronic left shoulder subluxation, which caused him to leave Wednesday’s Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals during the first overtime. The injury was originally suffered when Horton fought Penguins forward Jarome Iginla on April 20, with Horton missing the final five games of the regular season before returning for the playoffs.

Horton has received shots prior to each game to deal with the pain, and though his shoulder has popped out of its socket at points during the playoffs, Wednesday’s occurrence, when he bumped into Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson in front of the Chicago net on a Bruins power play, was the most painful thus fair. His shoulder was popped back in after he left the ice, but he was in too much pain to return to the game.

The injury will not require surgery until the offseason, when he is likely to receive a procedure to tighten the socket so the shoulder stops popping out. It is unknown whether Horton will play in Game 2 on Saturday, with the team labeling him “day-to-day,” though he would not have been able to play had the Bruins had a game on Thursday

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/13/source-nathan-horton-dealing-with-chronic-shoulder-injury/

sluggermatt15
06-15-2013, 02:18 PM
back to the news

Boston could be fucked

Horton dealing with chronic shoulder dislocation

CHICAGO — According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Nathan Horton has been dealing with chronic left shoulder subluxation, which caused him to leave Wednesday’s Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals during the first overtime. The injury was originally suffered when Horton fought Penguins forward Jarome Iginla on April 20, with Horton missing the final five games of the regular season before returning for the playoffs.

Horton has received shots prior to each game to deal with the pain, and though his shoulder has popped out of its socket at points during the playoffs, Wednesday’s occurrence, when he bumped into Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson in front of the Chicago net on a Bruins power play, was the most painful thus fair. His shoulder was popped back in after he left the ice, but he was in too much pain to return to the game.

The injury will not require surgery until the offseason, when he is likely to receive a procedure to tighten the socket so the shoulder stops popping out. It is unknown whether Horton will play in Game 2 on Saturday, with the team labeling him “day-to-day,” though he would not have been able to play had the Bruins had a game on Thursday

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/13/source-nathan-horton-dealing-with-chronic-shoulder-injury/

Supposedly Horton practiced yesterday, and is supposed to play this evening. Granted it does not look like he is near or at 100%. We'll see what kind of impact the injury has on him. Let the Chicago defense bash him around a little bit. Then let's see where he's at.

Fire Haley
06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
another ballbuster game

1-1 after two....Hawks shoulda had 5

SteelersCanada
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Well I see the Boston Rask's pushed this thing into OT.

No, seriously, the Bruins have no right being in this game.

Fire Haley
06-15-2013, 11:50 PM
another thrilla........Boston by far had the best chances in OT...... they deserved the win

stb_steeler
06-16-2013, 11:35 AM
another thrilla........Boston by far had the best chances in OT...... they deserved the win

Screw Boston:monkey:

Fire Haley
06-16-2013, 03:45 PM
don't be a whiny loser

the Pens don't deserve to be on the ice with these teams - they just aren't that good

stb_steeler
06-17-2013, 11:02 AM
H:wink02:as nothing to do with the Pens......Never liked Boston to begin with....Go Hawks!!!

Fire Haley
06-17-2013, 11:04 AM
oh, OK

yeah - go Hawks - I really did want to see a sweep

SteelCitian
06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
oh, OK

yeah - go Hawks - I really did want to see a sweep

I posted that on the yahoo forum and somebody goes "I'm sure your floor could use a sweep" har har

And I also shouldn't delude myself because the Bruins are the better team.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Bruins made them look like the Pens with the shut-out . Great defensive hockey, I gotta give Boston credit.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 12:23 PM
in other news -

Don Cherry calls Malkin a dog and a loser

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/don-cherry-e1349201512974.jpg?w=260

Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin last week was given an eight-year, $76 million contract extension despite his lack of production vs. the Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals. Cherry made it clear he’s not a fan of the 26-year-old Russian.

“I wouldn’t give that guy anything,” Cherry said. “I think he’s a dog — a talented dog. He turns it on when he wants to turn it on. He couldn’t play for the Bruins, I’ll tell you that.

You’re going to say, ‘Well, what about [Jaromir] Jagr?’ Jagr’s out there giving every ounce he’s got every time. I don’t know if he can score, but he’s giving every ounce he can. You can’t compare them.

“I wouldn’t have that Malkin. I know he’s talented, I know. But to me, he’s a loser, as far as I’m concerned.”

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/17/don-cherry-on-d-penguins-evgeni-malkin-a-loser/

PATS16N0
06-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Bruins are wicked awesome, bro.

Fire Haley
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
yeah whatever - go Hawks!

SteelersCanada
06-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Man this is good hockey.

As of right now it's 5-5 with 7 and change left in the third. C'mon OT!

Fire Haley
06-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Way to go Hawks..... 6-5 in OT

Series tied 2-2

Fire Haley
06-22-2013, 08:31 PM
2-0 Hawks!

you go boys!

where have all the homers gone? this is great hockey

Fire Haley
06-22-2013, 09:24 PM
I've decided - we trade Letang to Chicago for Bickell - he's all over the place

NSMaster56
06-23-2013, 12:28 AM

:chuckle:

Yeah, no.

SteelCitian
06-24-2013, 11:57 AM

Detroit Red Wings Should Pursue Chicago’s Bryan Bickell

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/detroit-red-wings-pursue-chicago-bryan-bickell-154600247.html

SteelersCanada
06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Bruins fans booing and chanting bullshit when Andrew Shaw goes down due to a puck in the face.

Never change, Boston fans.

Blacksburg Zach
06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
And with Chicago's two goals in 17 seconds, the Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup! So much for the President's Trophy curse.

SteelCityMom
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Wow! That finish was insane! I despise the hell out of both teams, but I had a pretty nice smile on my face when the Hawks scored their 3rd and then won the game. I much prefer them over Boston.

WTG Hawks!

Lady Steel
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I totally agree, SCMom. That finish was fun, fun, fun. Loved watching Bawston go down in 17 seconds! Ahahaha. I hate them. :laughing:

Congratulations, Blackhawks!

stb_steeler
06-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Bruins fans booing and chanting bullshit when Andrew Shaw goes down due to a puck in the face.

Never change, Boston fans.

Thus why i cant stand them :wink02:

Fire Haley
06-25-2013, 03:05 AM
a shocker - a stunner - my man Bickell scores the tieing goal and the collapse started - 2 goals in 17 sec and Boston loses it all in the final minute!

totally awesome game - congrats Blackhawks

PATS16N0
06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
We only lost because of Aaron Hernandez.

SteelersCanada
06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/bnk62b7ceaa4-gn-1.jpg

If there's one thing Toronto sports fans/media know how to do, it's stuff like this. That's not the cover of the sports section, either. That's the front cover.

ebsteelers
06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
more importantly

http://i.imgur.com/RZXHz.png

Atlanta Dan
06-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Everyone has their own way of dealing with a tough loss

Chart: Boston turns to porn after Game 6 loss in Stanley Cup Final

For many die-hard fans of the sport, hockey is their mistress. It is something to escape with for a while, have some fun with and experience the ultimate thrills.

When the mistress lets you down, you apparently can just turn to, you know, pornography.

That's the conclusion from a study of the metrics done by the good folks at the adult website Pornhub.com. They decided to take a look at their traffic on Monday night in Boston and Chicago. Wouldn't you know it ... between the hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, the site's traffic was down in those two cities from normal levels. Perhaps it had something to do with a certain hockey game between the Bruins and Blackhawks?

Interestingly, when the game ended around 11 p.m. ET, something funny happened. The people in Chicago were busy celebrating their second Stanley Cup in four years, so traffic stayed down. But in Boston? Obviously, it skyrocketed from people looking for a ... relief.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/062513_pornhub.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22524719/study-boston-turns-to-porn-after-game-6-loss-in-stanley-cup-final

Fire Haley
06-26-2013, 09:43 AM
We only lost because of Aaron Hernandez.

so you say you're having a bad week

steelax04
06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Everyone has their own way of dealing with a tough loss

Chart: Boston turns to porn after Game 6 loss in Stanley Cup Final

For many die-hard fans of the sport, hockey is their mistress. It is something to escape with for a while, have some fun with and experience the ultimate thrills.

When the mistress lets you down, you apparently can just turn to, you know, pornography.

That's the conclusion from a study of the metrics done by the good folks at the adult website Pornhub.com. They decided to take a look at their traffic on Monday night in Boston and Chicago. Wouldn't you know it ... between the hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, the site's traffic was down in those two cities from normal levels. Perhaps it had something to do with a certain hockey game between the Bruins and Blackhawks?

Interestingly, when the game ended around 11 p.m. ET, something funny happened. The people in Chicago were busy celebrating their second Stanley Cup in four years, so traffic stayed down. But in Boston? Obviously, it skyrocketed from people looking for a ... relief.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/062513_pornhub.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22524719/study-boston-turns-to-porn-after-game-6-loss-in-stanley-cup-final

Haha... I saw the same thing done with the NBA finals.

Atlanta Dan
06-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Everyone Is At The Blackhawks Parade

There's not a lot of work getting done in Chicago today, we'd wager.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18s8j0136a0otjpg/k-bigpic.jpg

http://deadspin.com/everyone-is-at-the-blackhawks-parade-610866865