PDA

View Full Version : Tampa/Clearwater, FL Fans go to Rudy's Sports Bar

Andy Young
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
If your looking for that Steeler atmosphere you can find it at Rudy's Sports Bar located off of Rt. 66 and Brian Dairy Rd. in Clearwater, FL. This is were all the drunken/roudy Steeler Fans go. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot and the croud exceeds 500+. It almost feels like your in Pit.

stlrtruck
08-25-2006, 07:29 AM
There's also O'Briens in Tampa on North Dale Mabry (north of Linebaugh). No tailgating but a good rowdy bunch and it's usually SRO. It's also home to the Bay Area Black and Gold club (www.blackandgoldclub.net)

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Love the Tampa/Clearwater area. Have a condo on John's Pass.

Andy Young
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
That's true. I heard it's a good time over on that side of the Bay. If I could find someone who would stay sober enough to drive me back after the game I would come and check O'Brians out. For some reason, whenever I watch the Steelers I tend to drink an excesive amount of IC Lite. How do you become a member of the Bay Area Black and Gold Club?

Andy Young
08-25-2006, 08:03 AM
I like John's Pass. I've had some good times at Gators. Also went on a 2 day fishing trip on a party boat to the Middle Grounds out of there. Came home with a lot of fish. Caught an eight pound snapper and won $100.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Normally we go to Scully's. A little tiki hut type joint.

Andy Young
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Never been to Scully's. I'll have to check it out.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 08:24 AM
It's a cool joint. Laid back. I'm not one for the whole club scene so it suits me fine. Give it a try if you get a chance.

"The Friendly Fisherman" is another place I enjoy going to when down there.

stlrtruck
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Well normally when I go, I don't drink (it's a committment to my wife). So if you ever want a ride, let me know. Of course, due to family obligations, I only go about once a month (until the playoffs).

To join, go to the website (www.bayareablackandgoldclub.net) and you can email Vi or Renee and they'll be able to help you out with that. They usually have some cool things going on during half time.

stlrtruck
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Love the Tampa/Clearwater area. Have a condo on John's Pass.

Next time you're in town, let us know, we could meet up for dinner or appetizers.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Next time you're in town, let us know, we could meet up for dinner or appetizers.

Sounds good. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
09-01-2006, 11:58 AM
If your looking for that Steeler atmosphere you can find it at Rudy's Sports Bar located off of Rt. 66 and Brian Dairy Rd. in Clearwater, FL. This is were all the drunken/roudy Steeler Fans go. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot and the croud exceeds 500+. It almost feels like your in Pit.

Been thjere when I visited my uncle there about 10 years ago. Was nice being there.