PDA

View Full Version : Washington Redskins into ‘Washington Redtails’

SteelerEmpire
04-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Well. I guess I would be pretty creeped out if I had to play for a team called the "whiteskins", "blackskins", etc...
Wasn't it a movie that just came out called "Redtails" ?
---------------------

Article:

A D.C. Council member is preparing to introduce a resolution calling on the Washington Redskins to change its name, perhaps to the Washington Redtails.

LINK: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/dc-council-may-push-washington-redskins-into-washington-redtails/2013/04/30/456cb72c-b1a7-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19_story.html

SteelersCanada
04-30-2013, 10:43 PM
For Christ sake. This is a non-issue.

The_Joker
05-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Leave my hometown team be! It's not racist, and I stand by it.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 06:48 AM
"The original meaning of "Redskin" comes from Europe and was used by the Europeans when they arrived in North America, hundreds of years before any reference to any other meaning was used. This is supported by Reader's Digest in its book "Americas Fascinating Indian Heritage" where it is quoted as stating the name Redskin was..

"inspired not by their natural complexion but by their fondness for vermilion makeup, concocted from fat mixed with berry juice and minerals that provided the desired color. The men would streak their faces and bodies with bright red ocher and bloodroot.""

Take a vote amongst aboriginal peoples in the USA. If they want the "Redskins" name changed then change it. It isn't a big deal and the team will get a chance to sell new jerseys all over again.

If the aboriginals don't care then the white liberals and Jews (because I feel Jews are the reason "political correctness" is the monster it is today even though it is politically incorrect to say so) shouldn't care either.

If this is legitimately offensive to indigenous peoples then absolutely the name should be changed. I really don't think natives care about this issue at all and many probably like the name.

Is "Redskin" really offensive? Is it better than native peoples be eliminated from sports monikers all together? Is there a sports team that has tried to name itself after something degrading or powerless? To my mind every sports team names itself after something formidable (or tries to)- Lions, Bears, Tigers, Hawks, Eagles! No sports franchise is named the Victims, Losers, or Pushovers.

The Redskins are named after a formidable people who ruled a continent and imposed their will on their enemies. I personally feel the name is flattering to indigenous peoples and if I was native I would wear Redskins gear in a heartbeat. I strongly feel that natives could care less about this issue and would love if someone could find evidence to support or detract from that claim.

harrison'samonster
05-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Redtails is a pretty good name!

harrison'samonster
05-01-2013, 06:49 AM
"The original meaning of "Redskin" comes from Europe and was used by the Europeans when they arrived in North America, hundreds of years before any reference to any other meaning was used. This is supported by Reader's Digest in its book "Americas Fascinating Indian Heritage" where it is quoted as stating the name Redskin was..

"inspired not by their natural complexion but by their fondness for vermilion makeup, concocted from fat mixed with berry juice and minerals that provided the desired color. The men would streak their faces and bodies with bright red ocher and bloodroot.""

Take a vote amongst aboriginal peoples in the USA. If they want the "Redskins" name changed then change it. It isn't a big deal and the team will get a chance to sell new jerseys all over again.

If the aboriginals don't care then the white liberals and Jews (because I feel Jews are the reason "political correctness" is the monster it is today even though it is politically incorrect to say so) shouldn't care either.

If this is legitimately offensive to indigenous peoples then absolutely the name should be changed. I really don't think natives care about this issue at all and many probably like the name.

Is "Redskin" really offensive? Is it better than native peoples be eliminated from sports monikers all together? Is there a sports team that has tried to name itself after something degrading or powerless? To my mind every sports team names itself after something formidable (or tries to)- Lions, Bears, Tigers, Hawks, Eagles! No sports franchise is named the Victims, Losers, or Pushovers.

The Redskins are named after a formidable people who ruled a continent and imposed their will on their enemies. I personally feel the name is flattering to indigenous peoples and if I was native I would wear Redskins gear in a heartbeat. I strongly feel that natives could care less about this issue and would love if someone could find evidence to support or detract from that claim.

oh sure, blame the Jews

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 06:58 AM
oh sure, blame the Jews

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-control-the-media/

JonM229
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
We can't help it that we're so successful. Maybe you gentiles just should try harder.

Come on, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and make something of yourselves.

PATS16N0
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Jews are the far-left. Not big news or a stunning revelation. Kinda' like calling the sky blue.

Anyway, who cares about the name Redskins?

If enough people actually hate it, other than trial lawyers who push this sort of nonsense as a prelude to racial discrimination / emotional distress civil suits, than just change it already so I don't have to see this stupidity anymore.

SteelerEmpire
05-01-2013, 02:51 PM
We can't help it that we're so successful. Maybe you gentiles just should try harder.

Come on, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and make something of yourselves.

I tell my gentile friends all the time; "it's not easy ruling the world". The other 99.99% of the world always got their hands out... lol.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I tell my gentile friends all the time; "it's not easy ruling the world". The other 99.99% of the world always got their hands out... lol.

"Since 1974, Israel has received nearly $100 billion in assistance, including three special aid packages." --- Jewish Virtual Library.

Sorry. I interrupted you. You were saying something funny. Please proceed.

SteelerEmpire
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
"Since 1974, Israel has received nearly $100 billion in assistance, including three special aid packages." --- Jewish Virtual Library.

Sorry. I interrupted you. You were saying something funny. Please proceed.

Yep. You know what they say, the richer you get, the more gifts you get.

The_Joker
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-control-the-media/

Oh Jew!

Vis
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Jews are the far-left. Not big news or a stunning revelation. Kinda' like calling the sky blue.

Glad you have them pigeon holed. Any other broad characteristic every Jewish person shares in your view?

The_Joker
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Glad you have them pigeon holed. Any other broad characteristic every Jewish person shares in your view?

Penny pinchers! But hey, aren't we all?

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
New team name... the Washington Lobbyists!

PATS16N0
05-01-2013, 04:55 PM
The Washington Comprehensive Immigration Reformists.

Will strike fear into the hearts of the NFC East

TRH
05-01-2013, 05:29 PM
i hear everyone saying "no one cares", "the indians don't care..", etc. And i agree, i could care less too.

UNfortunately - there's always a very small few who have to complain and cry out "foul" and that their heritage and rights are being violated, etc, etc, etc. Those looney's can make life miserable for everyone - they've done it with plenty of other issues in society today.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I would love it if they did change their name to something offensive to white people. Once the team is the Washington Cracker Ass ******s we can put the pc garbage to bed. I don't think white people would object to that name. I would buy a jersey. :chuckle:

Of course the team would need an all-white roster which wouldn't leave much of a running game or pass defense ahahaha.

lloydwoodson
05-01-2013, 06:43 PM
I can't believe that word is not allowed. Wow. I would spell it out but maybe I would get in trouble so I won't but it started with an 'H' and rhymes with donkey.

PATS16N0
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I would love it if they did change their name to something offensive to white people. Once the team is the Washington Cracker Ass ******s we can put the pc garbage to bed. I don't think white people would object to that name. I would buy a jersey. :chuckle:

Of course the team would need an all-white roster which wouldn't leave much of a running game or pass defense ahahaha.

Might end up being the best offense in the national football league, sorta' like a Brady, Welker, Edelman, Woodhead, Gronkowski, and Hernandez lead Patriot offense.
White guys are the best offensive players in the league.

U mad bro?

That's what you call politically incorrect. Naming a team the Washington Crackaz would be in line with standard PC operating procedure.

:hatsoff:

Go Pats.

cubanstogie
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
i hear everyone saying "no one cares", "the indians don't care..", etc. And i agree, i could care less too.

UNfortunately - there's always a very small few who have to complain and cry out "foul" and that their heritage and rights are being violated, etc, etc, etc. Those looney's can make life miserable for everyone - they've done it with plenty of other issues in society today.

Its the same loons who want to take the pledge of allegiance out of school, manger scenes and xmas programs out of the communities etc...They are bitter lonely people with nothing else to do. When I am out on th golf course smoking a cigar and drinking beers I could care less what goes on in the world that I don't agree with. People need to get a hobby. Hopefully the loons won't make golf there hobby though. Take up bowling.

Blacksburg Zach
05-01-2013, 07:13 PM

The team didn't exactly have much of a pass defense to begin with.

PATS16N0
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
That and the Washington Redskins and the Washington Cracka Ass ****s is only comparable in the mind of someone coddled by the political correctness we're talking about. lol.

NSMaster56
05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Redtails is a pretty good name!

I concur.

caplovestroyp43
05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Leave my hometown team be! It's not racist, and I stand by it.

Holy mackrel Andy! One thing we agree on. It isn't racist. They've been the Redskins forever. Why change what doesn't need fixed?

I used to love it when Myron (Cope) called them the Washington Red Faces. He was such a hoot!!!