PDA

View Full Version : The `What's the 2014 NFL season going to be like?` thread.

PATS16N0
05-04-2013, 03:22 PM
AMERICAN:

Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.

Denver: Don't think they're going to be as good as everyone seems to think. It's a sloppy seconds team, and sloppy second teams can crumble at the drop of a dime.
Maybe they'll have another good regular season, because their division is shit, but we know Peyton's track record in the play offs against real competition.

And we know Welker's knack for dropping the most important passes of his life.

Denver will get a lot of praise from the ESPN hype train all year than unceremoniously go down in flames in the play offs, probably to New England.

Texans: No soup for you.

Jets: The Jets will be an epic circus side show again, with lots of twitter drama, quarterback drama, Rex drama, sideline drama and they'll finish 4th in the AFC East with 3~5 wins.

Dolphins: Miami is going to be a big story in the AFC East this year and in the play offs. They may even challenge New England for the division title, not because they're better, but because they could feasibly end their season 8-1 ~ 7-2 after a tough start. The Dolphins are on the rise.They don't scare me, but they'll start toppling other big AFC names, and the Steelers may be one of them.

National:

Seahawks: Seattle is going to emerge as the team to beat in the NFC this year. Best home field advantage in football, great organization, great coaching (>.<), etc. I bet the Seahawks just start to body everybody.

49'ers: They felt like a power house before, now they feel like lingerers. If they were going to do it, I think last year was the year to do it in. Just feel like it's Seattle's time now in the NFC.

Same goes for the Packers.

Few random thoughts!

RG3 and/or other running quarterbacks will get nuked again this season.

Tom Brady will break Drew Brees record against the Saints in week #6 and Unitas can again rest easy.

The Cowboys... make it to the play offs?

I've always hated the Eagles but I like Chip Kelly. Philly is a team I'm surprisingly looking forward to checking out this year

What do you guys think? And yes I'm bored.

The_Joker
05-04-2013, 04:36 PM
AMERICAN:

Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.

Denver: Don't think they're going to be as good as everyone seems to think. It's a sloppy seconds team, and sloppy second teams can crumble at the drop of a dime.
Maybe they'll have another good regular season, because their division is shit, but we know Peyton's track record in the play offs against real competition.

And we know Welker's knack for dropping the most important passes of his life.

Denver will get a lot of praise from the ESPN hype train all year than unceremoniously go down in flames in the play offs, probably to New England.

Texans: No soup for you.

Jets: The Jets will be an epic circus side show again, with lots of twitter drama, quarterback drama, Rex drama, sideline drama and they'll finish 4th in the AFC East with 3~5 wins.

Dolphins: Miami is going to be a big story in the AFC East this year and in the play offs. They may even challenge New England for the division title, not because they're better, but because they could feasibly end their season 8-1 ~ 7-2 after a tough start. The Dolphins are on the rise.They don't scare me, but they'll start toppling other big AFC names, and the Steelers may be one of them.

National:

Seahawks: Seattle is going to emerge as the team to beat in the NFC this year. Best home field advantage in football, great organization, great coaching (>.<), etc. I bet the Seahawks just start to body everybody.

49'ers: They felt like a power house before, now they feel like lingerers. If they were going to do it, I think last year was the year to do it in. Just feel like it's Seattle's time now in the NFC.

Same goes for the Packers.

Few random thoughts!

RG3 and/or other running quarterbacks will get nuked again this season.

Tom Brady will break Drew Brees record against the Saints in week #6 and Unitas can again rest easy.

The Cowboys... make it to the play offs?

I've always hated the Eagles but I like Chip Kelly. Philly is a team I'm surprisingly looking forward to checking out this year

What do you guys think? And yes I'm bored.

Tsk tsk tsk... sleeping on us again, typical Pats fan.

Watch out for the 'Skins. Trust me...

And, as usual, those damn Pats will be there.

caplovestroyp43
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
>>Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.<<

They still SUCK******** and that's not to censor a word, it's to censor the Cheaters themselves! Tammy "Referee He Hit Me Too Hard" Brady isn't tough enough to go to a Super Bowl as evidenced in what the past three years? What a pansy!

sluggermatt15
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
NEPatriots, a lot of what you say in your prediction is garbage.

"No soup" for the Texans? They signed Ed Reed and will have Brian Cushing back and fully healthy. They are going to be a legitimate AFC Champion threat. Houston's offense should be great as well.

Dallas, playoffs? Yeah, right. They had an AWFUL draft. The Jerry Jones Drama Show will continue to play on and on in 2013. Romo will be Romo and the team will be inconsistent.

The Eagles have a lot of work to do to be legitimate. Their line needs to come together and who is their starting QB?

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 12:34 AM
NEPatriots, a lot of what you say in your prediction is garbage.

"No soup" for the Texans? They signed Ed Reed and will have Brian Cushing back and fully healthy. They are going to be a legitimate AFC Champion threat. Houston's offense should be great as well.

Dallas, playoffs? Yeah, right. They had an AWFUL draft. The Jerry Jones Drama Show will continue to play on and on in 2013. Romo will be Romo and the team will be inconsistent.

The Eagles have a lot of work to do to be legitimate. Their line needs to come together and who is their starting QB?

Patriots will bitch slap the Texans lol.

Also, I didn't say Dallas would make it. It's getting fun waiting to find out though.
<3 Romo troubles <3

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 12:40 AM
They still SUCK******** and that's not to censor a word, it's to censor the Cheaters themselves! Tammy "Referee He Hit Me Too Hard" Brady isn't tough enough to go to a Super Bowl as evidenced in what the past three years? What a pansy!

On the contrary, Tom Brady (Mr. Tom Brady to Steeler fans of the previous decade) is plenty tough enough for Superbowls because he's been to five of them.

MACH1
05-05-2013, 12:49 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/251/53d/802/resized/tom-brady-crying-meme-generator-what-do-you-mean-we-aren-t-going-to-the-superbowl-75bf00.jpg

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxh7pkt_koI

Just for you
Whoooooooo's your daddy, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania!?

MACH1
05-05-2013, 01:01 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH7R6wC-igJ2b188KtrCZDuqr4rlttW5bpEGH-kRn1WR_4Ejfu

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 06:23 AM
On the contrary, Tom Brady (Mr. Tom Brady to Steeler fans of the previous decade) is plenty tough enough for Superbowls because he's been to five of them.

Oh, you mean that decade when they were cheating to win? Why don't we talk about this decade. You know the one. It's the one where we've been to 3 and won 2 while Brady can't seem to win the big one and plays second fiddle to Eli Manning. :rofl:

The Patriots post-Spygate = :yawn:

It's easy to make the playoffs beating up on that train wreck of a division with your 6 guaranteed wins a year. How do they do when they play the big boys?

Keep up the :yap:. We love the solid comedy relief you provide us with your babbling nonsense.

Galax Steeler
05-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Oh, You know the one. It's the one where we've been to 3 and won 2 while Brady seems to suck on the big one and plays second fiddle to Eli Manning.

:rofl:

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Brady's legacy is getting beat twice in the SB by Eli Manning. One of those years Brady supposedly had an unbeatable team, and Eli still out-QB'd him.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
>>Patriots: Patriots are legit Superbowls contenders, as usual. That means, more than likely, a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game appearance. What will remain to be seen is whether or not they have that extra umph at the end of the season to put them over the top. The health of Gronkowski will be a major issue. I think because of his injury in 2011 against the Ravens, and his injury last season, the Patriots aren't considered as dangerous as they actually are. Hoping for the best!
But if you're sick and tired of seeing the Pats, this isn't the year you're looking for.<<

:coffee:

Like we have any right currently to take jabs at NE.

I'm the ONLY Steelers fan realistic enough to realize the Pats are better than us right now. Not much, but they've proven themselves.

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 07:54 AM

I'm the ONLY Steelers fan realistic enough to realize the Pats are better than us right now. Not much, but they've proven themselves.

c'mon man

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 07:56 AM
c'mon man

Go ahead and cry, but I admit we're not the best team.

WE'RE NOT THE BEST TEAM!

Face it! Doesn't mean we can't/won't win the Lombardi, but on paper, WE'RE NOT THE BEST!

I hate fanboys who can't accept that.

Bayz101
05-05-2013, 09:34 AM

Last time the Patriots rolled into town they left with a L.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Last time the Patriots rolled into town they left with a L.

I fucking loved that game, but usually before they got a W.

And we've almost NEVER beat them in Boston. Hope that isn't the case this year, but again, I'm realistic.

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 11:33 AM

WE'RE NOT THE BEST TEAM!

Face it! Doesn't mean we can't/won't win the Lombardi, but on paper, WE'RE NOT THE BEST!

We beat them handily last time. :noidea:

It's no coincidence that they aren't taping anymore.

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 11:49 AM

WE'RE NOT THE BEST TEAM!

who's crying? Who's claiming we are the best team? I'm just not going to lick Brady's sack like "realistic" Steelers fans

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
who's crying? Who's claiming we are the best team? I'm just not going to lick Brady's sack like "realistic" Steelers fans

Who said I was licking Brady's sack? Just because I admit the Pats are better on paper makes you a better Steelers fan than me?

Put down the bottle bro.

sluggermatt15
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM

To be realistic, Tom Brady has 3 "good" years left in him. Will 2013 be one of them? I cannot say with certainty. What has NE done to vastly improve their team this off-season? Nothing huge. Their draft was questionable. They got some under-the-radar players, which Belichick is known for, but it's going to be a stretch to say they will come in and replace key losses like Wes Welker. I wouldn't be so obnoxious about your team because they are always 1 play away from the season being over.

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Who said I was licking Brady's sack? Just because I admit the Pats are better on paper makes you a better Steelers fan than me?

Put down the bottle bro.

is there an obsession with ranking somebody as a better fan, or as the only real fan? I've never called you out as a Steelers fan.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
is there an obsession with ranking somebody as a better fan, or as the only real fan? I've never called you out as a Steelers fan.

Saying I lick Brady's sack sure sounds like it.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 01:40 PM
To be realistic, Tom Brady has 3 "good" years left in him. Will 2013 be one of them? I cannot say with certainty. What has NE done to vastly improve their team this off-season? Nothing huge. Their draft was questionable. They got some under-the-radar players, which Belichick is known for, but it's going to be a stretch to say they will come in and replace key losses like Wes Welker. I wouldn't be so obnoxious about your team because they are always 1 play away from the season being over.

Doesn't that apply to every team?

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM

well, just because you're licking his sack saying the Pats are better than us at this point in the preseason doesn't make you a bad Steelers fan. It just makes you come off a bit ...out there.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
well, just because you're licking his sack saying the Pats are better than us at this point in the preseason doesn't make you a bad Steelers fan. It just makes you come off a bit ...out there.

So are the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos and Texans.

Suck it up.

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 01:51 PM
So are the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos and Texans.

Suck it up.

I don't even know what you mean. "So are the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos and Texans" what? Licking Brady's sack? good for them.

Suck WHAT up?

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM

We've already replaced Welker and Welker isn't the player that maters anyway. What big game did Welker show up big time in? Lot of dropped passes.

Welker doesn't matter.

Gronk is what matters.

If you think our offense needs Welker you don't know the Patriots.

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 02:54 PM
And holy shit I just realized this thread should be 2013

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
And I find it funny that Steeler fans can't discuss 2013 without having a typical Steeler fan Spygate conspiracy theory meltdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9oKNJDkriA

SteelersCanada
05-05-2013, 03:16 PM
And I find it funny that Steeler fans can't discuss 2013 without having a typical Steeler fan Spygate conspiracy theory meltdown

We're fucking with you because you make stupid threads about how we should trade Roethlisberger. If you posted constructively like you used to, you wouldn't get criticized about 'Spygate'. It's that simple, really.

People are sleeping on the Redskins and I don't know why.

The AFC is still a three horse race in Denver, New England and ourselves. Baltimore lost too much to be truly competitive and Houston is still starting Schaub.

The NFC will come down to the Packers, Seahawks or Saints. Also, no, I'm not buying the Kaepernick hype. Go and watch both games against the Rams - a team whose defensive line is compromised of one player - and tell me they're a legitimate threat.

The resurgence of the Seahawks in just a year has been impressive. I've always like Pete, though.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 04:09 PM
We're fucking with you because you make stupid threads about how we should trade Roethlisberger. If you posted constructively like you used to, you wouldn't get criticized about 'Spygate'. It's that simple, really.

People are sleeping on the Redskins and I don't know why.

The AFC is still a three horse race in Denver, New England and ourselves. Baltimore lost too much to be truly competitive and Houston is still starting Schaub.

The NFC will come down to the Packers, Seahawks or Saints. Also, no, I'm not buying the Kaepernick hype. Go and watch both games against the Rams - a team whose defensive line is compromised of one player - and tell me they're a legitimate threat.

The resurgence of the Seahawks in just a year has been impressive. I've always like Pete, though.

This.

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 05:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9oKNJDkriA

And I find it funny you continue to come here and thump your chest (and slobber on Brady's knob) when they haven't won shit since they were cheating. Please continue.

DANCE FOR US, MONKEY!!! I DEMAND ENTERTAINMENT!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/monkey.gif

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 05:19 PM

In all fairness, you fired the first shot by saying he was crying when he wasn't. :noidea:

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Dancing monkeys! Where does he get those wonderful toys!

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 05:24 PM
And I find it funny you continue to come here and thump your chest (and slobber on Brady's knob) when they haven't won shit since they were cheating. Please continue.

DANCE FOR US, MONKEY!!! I DEMAND ENTERTAINMENT!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/monkey.gif

The Patriots are odds on favorites to win the Superbowl every season. It's not my fault their name is bound to come up in a thread about 2013.

Will it make you feel better if I PRETEND the Steelers are in the AFC Championship mix? Because that's what it would take - an imagination.

harrison'samonster
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
odds are much better they'll lose to Eli

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
The Patriots are odds on favorites to win the Superbowl every season. It's not my fault their name is bound to come up in a thread about 2013.

Will it make you feel better if I PRETEND the Steelers are in the AFC Championship mix? Because that's what it would take - an imagination.

See, this is why no-one likes you anymore.

I respect your team, but I DON'T respect you.

Vis
05-05-2013, 05:29 PM
WHy is there a thread about 2014 when we haven't played 2013 yet?

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 05:29 PM

Steelers fans don't care anything about the odds. Since when do they hand out trophies for being preseason favorites? I missed that meeting, Einstein. You sound like a Bengals fan getting all pumped up because they went 4-0 in the preseason games. Last I checked, the NFL didn't hand out any trophies for that bullshit either. But hey, whatever keeps your dick hard while you're jacking it to your Tommy-boy poster. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. :noidea:

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
WHy is there a thread about 2014 when we haven't played 2013 yet?

Because he's an idiot troll.

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 05:31 PM
odds are much better they'll lose to Eli

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/246/906/5bb.jpg

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Steelers fans don't care anything about the odds. Since when do they hand out trophies for being preseason favorites? I missed that meeting, Einstein. You sound like a Bengals fan getting all pumped up because they went 4-0 in the preseason games. Last I checked, the NFL didn't hand out any trophies for that bullshit either. But hey, whatever keeps your dick hard while you're jacking it to your Tommy-boy poster. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. :noidea:

We're not the Bengels, bro, and I don't have to look to preseason games to grasp at straws. The Patriots are the Patriots, not the Bengels, and Tom Brady isn't Andy Dalton.. We'll be a final four team again.

MACH1
05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
http://thehusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ravens-Meme-Suggs-Brady-300x300.jpg

Lady Steel
05-05-2013, 06:24 PM
We'll be a final four team again.

What? You're not going to go so far as to guarantee that the Patricheats will be the Super Bowl Champions of the 2013/2014 season? Why not? You did last year. Oh wait, I know how that turned out for you. :laughing:

So, the title of your thread is "The `What's the 2014 NFL season going to be like?` thread." In a big hurry to post your Patricheats drivel were ya? Where is your analysis of the remainder of the teams in the NFL?

:troll:

NSMaster56
05-05-2013, 06:48 PM
AFC:

It should be Denver vs. New England for the AFC.

Unless Schaub 'pulls a Flacco', Houston can't beat either of the aforementioned.

Unless Flacco really has flipped some magical switch, the Ravens will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Pittsburgh needs to stay healthy, some 'kids' to step up and the vets need to have a 'balls to the wall' season to have a chance to win it all.

Cincy would be a legit title contender should Dalton's talent overcome his deficiencies.

Miami is a few years away, at least, if they're anything at all (yet to see).

Indianapolis will be a better team in 2012, but have a worse record than 2011.

Any other 'myster team' won't make it to the AFCCG.

NFC:

This conference is stronger and more wide open. Guesses aplenty here.

Everybody knows Seattle and San Francisco will be good, but... why not Atlanta?

If the Saints D can even be average, they could conceivably make a run (ala 2011).

Who can predict the Giants?

The Cowboys are always one Tony Romo, 'wait... he actually DID IT?!' play away from being something.

The Pack aren't to be sneezed at.

Chicago and Detroit are frisky should either shield their achilles heels (offense and defense, respectively).

PATS16N0
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
What? You're not going to go so far as to guarantee that the Patricheats will be the Super Bowl Champions of the 2013/2014 season? Why not? You did last year. Oh wait, I know how that turned out for you. :laughing:

So, the title of your thread is "The `What's the 2014 NFL season going to be like?` thread." In a big hurry to post your Patricheats drivel were ya? Where is your analysis of the remainder of the teams in the NFL?

:troll:

We've had the misfortune of losing the biggest redzone threat in the entire NFL for our last Superbowl and last years AFC Championship game. We did relatively well in our Dynasty years with injuries, so crushing blows like losing Gronkowski is something I've had to wrap my head around. Gronk can score or any defense, at any time. He's that dominant.

Edit: If you can guarantee the Patriots offense make it through the season injury free this year, I'll happily go all in and guarantee another Superbowl.

And I didn't want to go through the entire NFL. Wanted to leave plenty of teams to go around. Left the North wide open for the home crowd.

The_Joker
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
NEPats, when did you turn into a complete asshole? You can't actually debate anymore, it's like your epic choke in the AFCCG did you in.

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 10:15 PM
We're not the Bengels, bro, and I don't have to look to preseason games to grasp at straws. The Patriots are the Patriots, not the Bengels, and Tom Brady isn't Andy Dalton.. We'll be a final four team again.

Nobody is the "Bengels", dummy, it's the "Bengals". And I'm not your "bro" either.

Besides, there's no way you could grasp at straws. You're too busy grasping at smaller things between your legs while wearing your Uggs boots, glaring lovingly at your Brady Fathead.

MACH1
05-05-2013, 11:37 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzlEBi8nEv-zOqgx1OUmUzmrS5hVvQVIHeUWn55iDasrGM82w

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 11:51 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sk_Pgb7EDjE/Ss2laIb8SxI/AAAAAAAAANw/tfun49c3iDc/s400/pats6.jpg

http://www.cleveredfool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bill-belichick-funny-cheating-demotivational-poster-super-bowl-2012.jpg

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 11:53 PM
http://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/154386_498806660152550_1718218310_n.jpg

Buddha Bus
05-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Oh, and by the way.... you're royally screwed now that the "Tuck Rule" is gone. What happened? Did Belicheck, Kraft, and Brady forget to cup Goodell's balls during their last BJ session? :rofl:

MACH1
05-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Oh, and by the way.... you're royally screwed now that the "Tuck Rule" is gone. What happened? Did Belicheck, Kraft, and Brady forget to cup Goodell's balls during their last BJ session? :rofl:

They didn't forget they choked.

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 12:51 AM
They didn't forget they choked.

They got the shaft. :wink02:

MACH1
05-06-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brady-during-the-super-bowl.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWnCBzA3mXF2q83Tr-gfvKp0XvL3fQO1ra91zteeeUwZCCLYU12Q

MACH1
05-06-2013, 01:18 AM
http://sportsblogmovement.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/tom-brady-transgender-barbie.jpg

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 01:33 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CAVQjibu33w/SO1p-qcyR5I/AAAAAAAAAw8/VvEEY30p7_Q/s400/bradypees.jpg

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
http://www.phillygameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/brady-tom-300x195.jpg

PATS16N0
05-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Holy shit, you're by far the worst poster here. lol.

Didn't see you crying last season when the tuck rule went your way, just like you didn't cry all the times the tuck rule went your way before that.

FYI, you can mention Spygate as often as you like. It's not something Patriot fans have a complex over. If you want to know the truth I always just see it as a blend of sour grapes and stupidity.

PATS16N0
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm really, really looking forward to your week # 9 game day thread. this season.

Week #9 will predictably go a little something like this:

You'll spend the entire week convincing yourselves that if you do this, this, and something else, you'll have a real great shot. You'll say genius things like "Brady can't handle pressure, we just need to get to Brady," just like every other fan, of every other team, during every other season...

...and then it'll be 31-3 by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Didn't see you crying last season when the tuck rule went your way, just like you didn't cry all the times the tuck rule went your way before that.

FYI, you can mention Spygate as often as you like. It's not something Patriot fans have a complex over. If you want to know the truth I always just see it as a blend of sour grapes and stupidity.

You mad, "bro"? :sofunny:

And like I care what some shithead Pats* fan thinks of my posts here. Oh no, however will I sleep at night? You're a tool and apparently aren't even welcome on your own team's message boards. It takes true talent to be such a giant douche in Boston that your own fellow fans hate you.

And in typical Pats* fan dodging, you STILL never answer the question as to why they were taping teams if it didn't give them a competitive advantage. It's OK... I'll wait..... forever. Of course you wouldn't have a complex over it, thieves never do.

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm really, really looking forward to your week # 9 game day thread. this season.

Week #9 will predictably go a little something like this:

You'll spend the entire week convincing yourselves that if you do this, this, and something else, you'll have a real great shot. You'll say genius things like "Brady can't handle pressure, we just need to get to Brady," just like every other fan, of every other team, during every other season...

...and then it'll be 31-3 by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Just like last year? Delusional.

MACH1
05-06-2013, 11:04 AM

The rest of the world sees it as CHEATING.

Lady Steel
05-06-2013, 11:10 AM
We've had the misfortune of losing the biggest redzone threat in the entire NFL for our last Superbowl and last years AFC Championship game. We did relatively well in our Dynasty years with injuries, so crushing blows like losing Gronkowski is something I've had to wrap my head around. Gronk can score or any defense, at any time. He's that dominant.

Edit: If you can guarantee the Patriots offense make it through the season injury free this year, I'll happily go all in and guarantee another Superbowl.

And I didn't want to go through the entire NFL. Wanted to leave plenty of teams to go around. Left the North wide open for the home crowd.

http://acsbore.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/bullshit.jpg

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
http://acsbore.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/bullshit.jpg

NIce going LS. You've just offended bullshit everywhere. :chuckle:

And, for the record, I always hated the Tuck Rule regardless if it benefitted my team or not. You can squeal all you want to about how we benefitted from it last year, but it didn't hand us a championship win on a silver platter. No one had even heard of that rule before the refs pulled it out of their asses on the field against the Raiders. GIft wrapped and delivered right to Robert Kraft's doorstep in a pretty little bow like the one in Tom Brady's Bieber-do.

Fire Arians
05-06-2013, 12:14 PM
NE rings after spygate = 0

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Well.... technically, that's a ring. :chuckle:

The_Joker
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
http://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/154386_498806660152550_1718218310_n.jpg

1985, loss to Chicago.

See, I know more than the Pats fan!

Also, guys, get something besides Spygate. Not funny anymore. Make fun of last year's AFCCG instead ;)

Trust me, my best friend HATES when I bring it up.

RavenManiac
05-06-2013, 03:32 PM
. Baltimore lost too much to be truly competitive...

Only major thing the Ravens lost is leadership.

On defense we have a ton more talent than 2012. It isn't even close, really.

On offense, we are about the same....though still have one unknown spot at WR. And by the same, I mean same as the "no Cam Cameron," end-of-season performances.

Ravens will be as competitive as they have been over last 4 years. Whether that means one and done in the playoffs or something more, I am not sure, but I think the odds are extremely good that they make the playoffs. And that isn't homerism talking, it is an honest evaluation of who was lost and who replaced them.

I also think the division will once again come down to you guys and us, with Cincy in the mix but likely a WC at best. Cleveland, while improved, is still not good enough to have any realistic shot at winning the division, imo (mainly b/c of the QB position).

The_Joker
05-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Only major thing the Ravens lost is leadership.

On defense we have a ton more talent than 2012. It isn't even close, really.

On offense, we are about the same....though still have one unknown spot at WR. And by the same, I mean same as the "no Cam Cameron," end-of-season performances.

Ravens will be as competitive as they have been over last 4 years. Whether that means one and done in the playoffs or something more, I am not sure, but I think the odds are extremely good that they make the playoffs. And that isn't homerism talking, it is an honest evaluation of who was lost and who replaced them.

I also think the division will once again come down to you guys and us, with Cincy in the mix but likely a WC at best. Cleveland, while improved, is still not good enough to have any realistic shot at winning the division, imo (mainly b/c of the QB position).

A Rats fan... making sense?!

It can't be! Sound the alarms :chuckle:

Anyways, for the most part I agree with you.

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
1985, loss to Chicago.

See, I know more than the Pats fan!

Also, guys, get something besides Spygate. Not funny anymore. Make fun of last year's AFCCG instead ;)

Trust me, my best friend HATES when I bring it up.

I'll bring up something that pertains to us, thank you. We had no stake in last year's AFCCG. I really don't care if you find it funny anymore or not. I do.

I'll make a deal with you. Once one of these Pats* retards answers my question coherently (let alone at all) about why they were doing the taping if it didn't benefit them at all, I'll quit bringing it up. To date, no one has provided that answer. They keep acting like it was no big deal, but we all know good and damned well if the roles were reversed they'd be bringing it up every time they drew a breath.

The bottom line is they gained an unfair and illegal competitive advantage that could (and probably did) have figured mightily in their string of success winning those Super Bowls and tarnishing the sport. The evidence was destroyed by Commissioner Goodell, a close friend of Robert Kraft's, and the answer may never be known. Thus, they will always carry an asterisk next to their names in the record books in my eyes.

The_Joker
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll bring up something that pertains to us, thank you. We had no stake in last year's AFCCG. I really don't care if you find it funny anymore or not. I do.

I'll make a deal with you. Once one of these Pats* retards answers my question coherently (let alone at all) about why they were doing the taping if it didn't benefit them at all, I'll quit bringing it up. To date, no one has provided that answer. They keep acting like it was no big deal, but we all know good and damned well if the roles were reversed they'd be bringing it up every time they drew a breath.

The bottom line is they gained an unfair and illegal competitive advantage that could (and probably did) have figured mightily in their string of success winning those Super Bowls and tarnishing the sport. The evidence was destroyed by Commissioner Goodell, a close friend of Robert Kraft's, and the answer may never be known. Thus, they will always carry an asterisk next to their names in the record books.

All true, but again, getting stale.

Buddha Bus
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
All true, but again, getting stale.

And again, don't care. It may be for you, but I'm not the only person who feels this way. I'd say a rather large portion of the NFL fan universe feels the same and doesn't find it "stale".

The Patricheats* and Goodell opened themselves up to this type of criticism and questioning forever and they should be every chance we get. The Pats* by doing it and Goodell by covering it all up. Their faults, not mine. :noidea:

The_Joker
05-06-2013, 05:15 PM
And again, don't care. It may be for you, but I'm not the only person who feels this way. I'd say a rather large portion of the NFL fan universe feels the same and doesn't find it "stale".

Let's just agree to disagree. :noidea:

I'd rather dig at deeper scabs.

sluggermatt15
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
We've already replaced Welker and Welker isn't the player that maters anyway. What big game did Welker show up big time in? Lot of dropped passes.

Welker doesn't matter.

Gronk is what matters.

If you think our offense needs Welker you don't know the Patriots.

Really? Not going to miss a guy who has amassed approximately 3,000 receiving yards over the past 2 seasons with only ONE turnover? I doubt it. I understand Brady is a great QB and basically you can put any body in the field and he will throw to them and the offense will click. If he "doesn't matter" then why did the Patriots make an aggressive action to re-sign him? Not saying he is a franchise player, but definitely a man who can make a difference.

Galax Steeler
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brady-during-the-super-bowl.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWnCBzA3mXF2q83Tr-gfvKp0XvL3fQO1ra91zteeeUwZCCLYU12Q

Yep look at the spot on his shirt. :jerkit:

The_Joker
05-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Really? Not going to miss a guy who has amassed approximately 3,000 receiving yards over the past 2 seasons with only ONE turnover? I doubt it. I understand Brady is a great QB and basically you can put any body in the field and he will throw to them and the offense will click. If he "doesn't matter" then why did the Patriots make an aggressive action to re-sign him? Not saying he is a franchise player, but definitely a man who can make a difference.

Hate to play Devil's advocate, but they let Welker go on purpose to get Danny.

Buddha Bus
05-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Steelers' Ryan Clark: Tom Brady vulnerable to pressure
By Kevin Patra NFL.com
Published: May 7, 2013 at 06:18 a.m.

When players take on the offseason television junket in preparation for their post-football careers, it can lead to some down-the-road bulletin-board material.

On Monday, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was asked on ESPN's "NFL Live" to dissect the New England Patriots*, who play the Steelers in Week 9.

Clark broke down the post-Wes Welker era, questioning "fragile" replacement Danny Amendola and injury concerns for the Patriots'* tight-end duo of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. He also discussed the best way to beat Tom Brady:

"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said, via CSNNE.com. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots* mystique goes away."

(Read More Truth:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167620/article/steelers-ryan-clark-tom-brady-vulnerable-to-pressure

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Could the timing be any more perfect? :sofunny:

JonM229
05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Steelers' Ryan Clark: Tom Brady vulnerable to pressure

This is news?

Buddha Bus
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
This is news?

To NEPatriots* it is.

MACH1
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4730907482655230&pid=1.7

MACH1
05-07-2013, 02:35 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4602410662037397&pid=1.7

PATS16N0
05-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Every team knows you need to pressure Brady and yet most every team gets torched by him. What's your point?

If you don't have a defensive line that can do it on its own you're toast. Steeler fans should know what happens better than anyone when you blitz Tom Terrific.

Buddha Bus
05-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Every team knows you need to pressure Brady and yet most every team gets torched by him. What's your point?

If you don't have a defensive line that can do it on its own you're toast. Steeler fans should know what happens better than anyone when you blitz Tom Terrific.

You still forgetting we pasted your sorry asses last time you saw us?

MACH1
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn4rMNbMCbR4JA6vUoIrFvR3xepzNhw G5CtiFZpKhfAyC1jruT

The_Joker
05-08-2013, 02:55 PM

I agreed with your post for once until this HORRIBLE nickname.

I think I'm gonna puke...

BleedPurple
05-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Oh, I dunno. . . I think Chiefs fans have a pretty good idea. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3iVpsel3I

Bane
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4602410662037397&pid=1.7

:rofl:

jacobo
05-09-2013, 04:49 AM
there's not a single team in the afc I can say is the hands down favorite. So my inner homer will pick the steelers, because why not? Most of our problems last year came from stupid mistakes in key situations (notably horrible turnovers and retarded coaching decisions) and injuries. Both can be cured relatively easily. We still have the talent to be a contender.

THe nfc is just as wide open, except it's way better on average. If I had to venture, I'd pick Seattle just because, even though I don't like Wilson very much. But really, it's anyone race in both conferences.

The_Joker
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
there's not a single team in the afc I can say is the hands down favorite. So my inner homer will pick the steelers, because why not? Most of our problems last year came from stupid mistakes in key situations (notably horrible turnovers and retarded coaching decisions) and injuries. Both can be cured relatively easily. We still have the talent to be a contender.

THe nfc is just as wide open, except it's way better on average. If I had to venture, I'd pick Seattle just because, even though I don't like Wilson very much. But really, it's anyone race in both conferences.

Putting the homer aside, I have to say Patriots. As much as their fans piss me off, I respect their team.