PDA

View Full Version : Crock pot Chili Con Queso

Mamaduck43
08-25-2006, 01:37 AM
A family favorite... I always make a bunch because leftovers are great in omelets or on top of fried eggs for a quick huevos rancheros....

2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. Dried Minced Onions
1 tsp. Seasoned salt
1 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 tsp. chopped garlic)
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 regular can Roma tomatoes, drained and chopped (I have used the chopped tomatoes with added chilies in a pinch)
2 pound block of Velveeta Cheese....

Melt butter in a crock pot on the low setting... Stir in Onions, and seasonings until moistened... Add chilis and tomatoes. Stir occasionally until mixture is warmed through.
Add sliced Velveeta cheese slowly - - Slices work better than chunks.... Put lid on crock pot and stir frequently until cheese is melted....

Serve with Fritos, Tostitos, and fresh veggies - - - carrots, celery, cauliflower and Broccoli are all really great....

Enjoy..... :yummy:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 06:46 AM
A family favorite... I always make a bunch because leftovers are great in omelets or on top of fried eggs for a quick huevos rancheros....

2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. Dried Minced Onions
1 tsp. Seasoned salt
1 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 tsp. chopped garlic)
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 regular can Roma tomatoes, drained and chopped (I have used the chopped tomatoes with added chilies in a pinch)
2 pound block of Velveeta Cheese....

Melt butter in a crock pot on the low setting... Stir in Onions, and seasonings until moistened... Add chilis and tomatoes. Stir occasionally until mixture is warmed through.
Add sliced Velveeta cheese slowly - - Slices work better than chunks.... Put lid on crock pot and stir frequently until cheese is melted....

Serve with Fritos, Tostitos, and fresh veggies - - - carrots, celery, cauliflower and Broccoli are all really great....

Enjoy..... :yummy:

I need to stay out of this forum discussion until after lunch...My stomach started growling..and now I cant find one of my employees...:eat:

Mamaduck43
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I need to stay out of this forum discussion until after lunch...My stomach started growling..and now I cant find one of my employees...:eat:

Thoughts of Chili Con Queso can be dangerous to co-workers health!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: