PDA

View Full Version : Drew Henson Released

steelermaniacXL
08-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Drew Henson was released by the Cowboys on Thursday. Do you think we should sign him? I think he could be groomed into a solid #2 for us...

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Drew Henson was released by the Cowboys on Thursday. Do you think we should sign him? I think he could be groomed into a solid #2 for us...

I'm content with Charlie as our #2. Plus I'm not exactly sure Henson is content with being a #2 in the league. I believe that was half his problem in Dallas.

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Henson should have stuck to baseball.....:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 07:19 AM
To answer your question - no, absolutely not.

I'm not a huge Charlie fan, but he looked pretty good to me in the Vikes game and seems to enjoy a very good rapport with Ben both on and off the field. We're more than likely going to have Omar waiting in the wings and I just have a good feeling about this kid. I'm comfy with our QB depth at this point. :smile:

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Drew Henson was released by the Cowboys on Thursday. Do you think we should sign him? I think he could be groomed into a solid #2 for us...not as long as chad hutchinson or quincy carter are out there. actually i want no part of jerry jones baseball reject projects.

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 10:03 AM

Just curious, SteelermaniacXL - why do you feel so strongly about Drew Henson? I don't know all that much about him, but I'd like your take on him, please. :cool:

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Henson couldnt make Daaas as a # 3, He just hasnt ever looked very good for whatever reasons since coming to the Pro's.. not sure any team is or will be taking a flier on him...

OneForTheToe
08-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Henson couldnt make Daaas as a # 3, He just hasnt ever looked very good for whatever reasons since coming to the Pro's.. not sure any team is or will be taking a flier on him...

Maybe he could get a tryout at center for the Brownies. :bouncy:

SteelerFanInCA
08-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Henson should have stuck to baseball.....:cool: :cool:

Yeah, I heard he was a pretty good baseball player. A pitcher I believe. I'm content with Batch as our # 2 guy.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't want Henson -talk about a step backwards from Charlie. But I'm not very comfortable with the idea of relying on Batch to stay free of injury. He can move the offense down the field well. It's just the momentary laspes that results into interceptions that frustrate me.

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I am happy to go with 2 and then bring someone up from practice squad if needed or ben or batch gets hurt.. i just hope that whoever is #3 wont have to actually ever get in a game.

steelermaniacXL
08-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Just curious, SteelermaniacXL - why do you feel so strongly about Drew Henson? I don't know all that much about him, but I'd like your take on him, please. :cool:

I like Batch and feel safe having him as our No. 2. But Henson is an athlete. A lot of people just say Parcells lost patients with him. He played in NFLeurope last year and almost made it to their World Bowl. He could be a good #3 and get groomed for the #2 job for when Charlie leaves... after all he is 31, almost 32.

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I think that is why i was a little dissapointed myself when we took jacobs. I just dont see him as a Steeler that was going to be part of our future. I was hoping for Grabowski ( fron Toledo ? ) I really liked him and was hoping that we may pick him up. We will need to address that position, but i think Batch still has some years left on him though.

clevestinks
08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
No, No, and No.

Lyn
08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Drew Henson was a profound player on the college level at Michigan. We here at Michigan State were so happy to see him leave our arch rival team. (because he was so good) LOL He was drafted in 2003 as a sixth round pick by the Texans. Then traded to the Dallas Cowboys for a third round pick in 2005. Drew was once considered the Cowboys quarterback of the future, someone said he should not have left baseball and you are right, he loved baseball. :bouncy:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
I like Batch and feel safe having him as our No. 2. But Henson is an athlete. A lot of people just say Parcells lost patients with him. He played in NFLeurope last year and almost made it to their World Bowl. He could be a good #3 and get groomed for the #2 job for when Charlie leaves... after all he is 31, almost 32.

Thanks for the info, steelermaniacXL - much appreciated! :smile:

I still maintain that we are fine at the QB position with Ben, Batch and hopefully Omar. Someone will more than likely pick Henson up, I would imagine.

19ward86
08-25-2006, 04:42 PM
i disagree with most of you, he was traded to the cowboys from housten because he was one the better qbs in the draft, i couldnt believe that he went in the 5th or 6th round knowing how skilled he was. he never had a chance to play so i dont want to hear how he couldnt make it, the only time he played is with the other guys who werent going to make it, that is not much to work with.damn im good