PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Motivated Because of Steelers Snub

SteelerEmpire
05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Article:

..."I understand it's a business, so it's not like I can take it personally," Harrison said. "But to say that it doesn't motivate me in some sense it would be a lie."

What you see, they say, is what you get.

"I know one thing," Moushey said. "If I'm one of the tackles at the Steelers, I'd put my head on a swivel and same with Ben Roethlisberger."...

LINK (Bengals site): http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daphZ?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

GMU Steeler
05-15-2013, 03:46 PM
That's understandable but he would have got more money if he had stayed with the Steelers than he ended up getting with Cincy. I wish him well even though he's joined a division rival but the situation was frankly the Tessio in the Godfather situation, "Nothing personal, James, it's only business." I'm interested in seeing how he plays in a 4-3. Really thought he would end up in N.O or even Baltimore before Cincy. IT's going to be weird seeing him in the Bengals Halloween colors.

The_Joker
05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Fuck him, HE left because he wanted too much cash.

sluggermatt15
05-18-2013, 01:48 PM
That's understandable but he would have got more money if he had stayed with the Steelers than he ended up getting with Cincy. I wish him well even though he's joined a division rival but the situation was frankly the Tessio in the Godfather situation, "Nothing personal, James, it's only business." I'm interested in seeing how he plays in a 4-3. Really thought he would end up in N.O or even Baltimore before Cincy. IT's going to be weird seeing him in the Bengals Halloween colors.

Correct about the $. The problem was Harrison was nearly a $10 M cap hit if the Steelers decided to keep him. James can say he was snubbed all he wants but IMO he does not have a legitimate argument his performance last season merited that kind of $ in 2013. Had Harrison performed far greater, then I think the Steelers would have had a more difficult decision to make.

I wish him well. He had a nice run as a Steelers linebacker and special teams player. I support him and will always remember his tough attitude and rigid style of play. Good luck and best wishes, James.

Atlanta Dan
05-18-2013, 02:46 PM
As stated above, the Steelers offered Harrison more than the Bengals are paying him - if anyone should have his head on a swivel it is Harrison's agent

CantStop85
05-18-2013, 07:28 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34781146.jpg

harrison'samonster
05-18-2013, 07:30 PM
like i've said about all of our other players that leave, I wish him the best except for when he plays against us. hope he can go out well.

SteelersCanada
05-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I hope your knee and back aren't still fucked, James. I really hope you don't underachieve and get single digit sacks again for Cinci. Most of all, I hope you don't sustain a serious injury again that makes you miss a significant amount of time.

But I think they are and you will.

IowaSteeler927
05-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Nothing but respect for James but the Steelers didn't push him away. He wanted too much money, he didn't get it, and then his agents tried to say he was open to coming back when we had already moved on. Now he's not making much to play for the Bungholes. At least he didn't end up in Cleveland, Oakland, or some other armpit of a franchise.

I do seriously wish him the best, as long as he's not playing us. He's one of my all time favorite Steelers. That nasty demeanor, the death glare straight through your soul, bone crushing hits, the 100yd interception return for TD against the Cards in Super Bowl 43.... Best of luck Mr. Harrison.