PDA

View Full Version : Just for Fun: Forum Favorites

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I enjoy so many of you guys in this forum and just wanted to give you all props..SOOOO I thought we could start a thread with Forum Favorites.
Just follow my lead and give props to each category.

1) Best Overall Poster: Tony Hipchest/Hometown Girl (Love both of their posts)

2) Most Football Knowledgable: BlackNGold203 (Should have been a coach)

3) Most General Knowledge: Hammer67 (from computers to the middle east)

4) Funniest: Lynn (Love the jokes!!)

5) Best Poster from another team: Hawk Believer (fair and balanced)

6) Post ***** (who posts the most): 83-Steelers-43 (in a good way)

7) Nicest: FloodCityGirl (I have to brush every time she posts)

8) Most Politically: LostinthePast (love to banter with ya brother)

9) Person you would like to party with: Arkiesteel (no guns please)

10) Biggest Steeler Fan: Steelrtrk (for the child brainwashing)/ Siss (for the Order of Protection that Ben has had to file against her)

Their are sooo many more of you that I love to

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
i hereby pledge to give LLT +rep every day for the next 2 months.... oh wait. :dang:

this will have to do :yeehaw:

thanks bro. i gotta give props to all those who bless the forum with poetry. cleves undying fandom and the most awesome sigmaker on the net BB2W. the best poster no longer here is definitely suitanim. definite football wisdom and great topics of conversation. the wittiest dark humor award goes to 3 to b 4 who also gets the frank and honest award. and i cant forget deiselman. hes working hard and cant post as much as we know he would. always brings us the great steel city insiders articles and definitely posts with substance. this could go on and on.... HG is a great new addition to the forums. can i get a "hell yeah" for all the ladies in the forums?

AZ_Steeler
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM
5) Best Poster from another team: Hawk Believer (fair and balanced)

IMO, this one is a toss up between Hawk and LITP.

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
IMO, this one is a toss up between Hawk and LITP.

cant forget hardwork or bengal dave.

i must add atlanta dan as favorite football purist and MattsMe with the wittiest clever comebacks. mattsme also won my favorite post of the year award with this one in the "barbaro update" thread:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8687

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you see men? This story is a load of bull, and I just find it a little hard to swallow.

Think about it. Don't just come in here and shoot off at the mouth without thinking things through. He's going to be fine.
Just think of all those people who blew a load of cash betting on another horse in the derby. They underestimated his ability to pull off a win. When you see these articles in the paper saying he might not make it, just wad them up and throw them away.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 11:59 AM
...COOL...

another category...ALL TIME FAVORITE POST!

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
2 of my all time favorite threads:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7700&highlight=bengalbrian+banned

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7818&highlight=bengal+brian+banned

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the props, guys - you're making me *blush*. :smile:

I love everyone here, but I'm just that kind of gal. I have had a great time interacting with all of you and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, as well as the great articles you people post - keep 'em coming! :bouncy: I also enjoy the PMs with a lot of you - just like with some of the posts here, I have to make sure I'm not drinking, eating or smoking when I read them. Kind of hard to perform the Heimlich maneuver on myself -LOL!

Had a blast sharing the Vikes game with some of you last week - felt like I was right there at Heinz sharing in the action! (and thanks HB for the cyber beer - it rocked!)

I enjoy Lyn's jokes and I also enjoy Tony's slice 'em and dice 'em one-liners - ROFL!! MattsMe cracks me up, too. :sofunny:

83, BNG203 and BNGF32 (hey -where are you?) are three of the BEST football minds out there, bar none. Tony is also an awesome poster. X-Terminator has one of the best hockey minds I've ever come across on a BB - he's like a walking, talking, posting NHL encyclopedia!

I like all of the "enemies" (said fondly) here very much. Hawk, LITP, hardwork, CS85 (I know I'm missing some - sorry) are all very passionate about their teams which is admirable and fit in around here quite well. Well - except for when LITP has a bit of that tainted tea with his crumpets or a bad batch of bubble and squeak. :wink:

The ladies here are great and are a lot of fun to hang with. :smile: I love seeing our ladies take such an active role in the football discussions and getting their groove on in anticipation of an upcoming game! :getdown:

This board is growing more by the minute and it feels like a second family around here. Let's all keep that positive upswing going and do our parts to help this board continue to grow and remain on top as the best Steelers forum on the planet! :bouncy:

P.S. I think I'd love to party with BNG203!

Mosca
08-25-2006, 12:17 PM
I got no favorites. It's a good forum, lots of well thought out opinion, lots of football knowledge. It would be less without any one of you all.

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
I got no favorites. It's a good forum, lots of well thought out opinion, lots of football knowledge. It would be less without any one of you all.

Tom

LOL..Most Politically Correct: Mosca (jk..love ya brother...I feel the same):sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

CantStop85
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
10) Biggest Steeler Fan:[/B] Steelrtrk (for the child brainwashing)/ Siss (for the Order of Protection that Ben has had to file against her)
Damnit...I thought for sure I was gonna get this one. :dang:

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the props LLT......:cool: :cool:

Funniest has to be Tony...LOL..he cracks me up....

HTG is awesome....and 83...LOL..I dont even go to the P-G or Trib anymore...LOL...I come here...I know 83 will get me all caught up on the news...

There are so many wonderful members...I so enjoy everyones ideas and input....SF is my home page...and I hang here as much as I possibly can...If I tried to list all the great peeps here..it would take me forever....

Kudos to SF, Prosdo, and the new sheriff in town...83...

:cool: :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Damnit...I thought for sure I was gonna get this one. :dang:

Fan I want to Convert: CantStop85...

CantStop85
08-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Fan I want to Convert: CantStop85...
Alright, I'm open to new things...what do you want to convert me to? Buddhism, Hinduism, Scientology maybe? :blurp:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Tom

Tom - you ROCK! :dancing: You are always blunt and straight to the point which I admire in a person. You keep things pretty lively around here!

I forgot to mention a few people in my diatribe (sorry) above.

BRC is also an excellent poster and is, like 83 and 203, one of the most gentlemanly posters I've come across anywhere. I also love his sense of humor!

Prosdo, for a youngin', has a great grasp of the game and its history. I've been very impressed with her posts. A lot of women on football/sports BBs wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the head, but I can't say that for the ladies here. Kudos!

HBXL106 is also a hoot and I so enjoy his posts. :smile: I'll never forget him referring to CJ as a circus clown - LMFAO!!! :sofunny:

Suit - I can't say anything more than what's already been said. He's a kick ass poster and knows his shart not only on football/sports topics, but NASCAR and political topics and just about any topic you can throw out there. He's also one of the most genuinely nice guys I've ever have the pleasure of knowing. :smile:

I've only been here for a little under 3 months, but some of our newer members have been great additions to this site. I hope you all stick around and continue with the really good discussions!

FCG - yes, she is most definitely a sweetheart and siss - I'm going to find you a Ben blow-up doll to cuddle if it's the last thing I do - LOL! :love: :wink:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Alright, I'm open to new things...what do you want to convert me to? Buddhism, Hinduism, Scientology maybe? :blurp:

Un-Bungleism. There is hope for you, CS - ya know? :cool: Dump those sissy tiger stripes and convert to the power and magnetism of the black and gold! :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Best immigration related thread - I've got a pole for ya? - wedosesteelers

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM

OH NO!!! I want you to TRULY see the light...
:angel: ..."In my Fathers stadium are many trophys...I go to buy a season ticket for you..and if I buy a season ticket...I will return and tailgate with you"....Lambert 3:16

..."Go ye therefore and teach all fans, converting them in the name of the Chief, The Chin and the Bus. Teaching them those things that I have commanded such as proper use of the 3-4 zone blitz, even until the end of the earth." Lambert 28:3:angel:

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Best Jekyll and Hyde performance - 3 to be 4 - Internal battles of morality match anything Star Wars has to offer.

Don't cross over to the dark side, Kansas.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Best Jekyll and Hyde performance - 3 to be 4 - Internal battles of morality match anything Star Wars has to offer.

Don't cross over to the dark side, Kansas.

NM

:sofunny: :sofunny:

i was going to mention him for the "180 degree" award....:cool: :cool:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Well there are so many very good posters out there that make this forum a really good forum. I have to start with Cleve. I always enjoyed his post from the first day I started. Then there is HometownGal, Tony, Steelers83-43 and LITP. You four I really enjoy your posts and I will miss all of you. Its been fun getting to know all of you and this is a really fun board. I wish all of you the best.

floodcitygirl
08-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Well there are so many very good posters out there that make this forum a really good forum. I have to start with Cleve. I always enjoyed his post from the first day I started. Then there is HometownGal, Tony, Steelers83-43 and LITP. You four I really enjoy your posts and I will miss all of you. Its been fun getting to know all of you and this is a really fun board. I wish all of you the best.Do I detect that you are planning a departure???

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Well there are so many very good posters out there that make this forum a really good forum. I have to start with Cleve. I always enjoyed his post from the first day I started. Then there is HometownGal, Tony, Steelers83-43 and LITP. You four I really enjoy your posts and I will miss all of you. Its been fun getting to know all of you and this is a really fun board. I wish all of you the best.

???you going somewhere brother????

Mosca
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM

Yeah, and if you leave it won't be as good. You have a lot of insight into the nuts and bolts of the game. You don't need the rep system to know that you're valued here, you just are.

Tom

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
I dont think I can handle another change to Steelersfever - first the loss of the rep system now 32 is leaving?

C'mon 32 say it ain't so!

NM

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Well there are so many very good posters out there that make this forum a really good forum. I have to start with Cleve. I always enjoyed his post from the first day I started. Then there is HometownGal, Tony, Steelers83-43 and LITP. You four I really enjoy your posts and I will miss all of you. Its been fun getting to know all of you and this is a really fun board. I wish all of you the best."now hold everything there, hoss"

this isnt a departure thread, so none of that gettin outta dodge talk will be put up with.

*puts hand to forehead* you feelin ok? i think i speak for everyone when i say we all wish you the best and hope youll be around for quite a while.

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 02:24 PM
stray mangy dingo youve kicked the hardest- toss up between private DanSr or UK- CANDY- ASS i mean uk candy bee.

the most enthusiastic post (that always has me laughing) is a steelshooter "LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!" post

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Listen here, pahdner - don't you even think of leaving us!!! If you do, I'll hunt you down and then I'll.........I'll.........ummm..........well I'll think of something even if it involves tying you up and bringing you back kicking and screaming. :blurp: If worse comes to worse (and it had better not!), I'll just cry. :crying03:

It's a brand new day here at SF - eat, drink, be merry and please keep on posting those awesome thoughts and analyses of yours that we all enjoy so much. In the meantime - :hug: :hug:

Lyn
08-25-2006, 02:45 PM
I agree with Tom. Many of us have been here a long time. To actually pick out a "best poster" in any area would be a huge feat as everyone who contributes their opinion on most any subject is a valuable asset to this board. My hat is off to each and every poster who has taken time out of their day to let all of us know how they feel about whatever they are posting about. Something has to said for length of time, this board holds some solid memories for those of us who have been here the longest. I am not inferring that the newbies do not also have memories but the longer you have been here, obviously the more memories.:cheers:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree with Tom. Many of us have been here a long time. To actually pick out a "best poster" in any area would be a huge feat as everyone who contributes their opinion on most any subject is a valuable asset to this board. My hat is off to each and every poster who has taken time out of their day to let all of us know how they feel about whatever they are posting about. Something has to said for length of time, this board holds some solid memories for those of us who have been here the longest. I am not inferring that the newbies do not also have memories but the longer you have been here, obviously the more memories.:cheers:

I do understand and appreciate what you are saying here, Lyn, and you "old-timers" do have your special memories, but one of the biggest joys in life is making new memories! :cool: Every day is a new day, I believe, and sharing in and building upon those new memories is what makes this board continue to flourish and prosper as a community. :cool:

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I do understand and appreciate what you are saying here, Lyn, and you "old-timers" do have your special memories, but one of the biggest joys in life is making new memories! :cool: Every day is a new day, I believe, and sharing in and building upon those new memories is what makes this board continue to flourish and prosper as a community. :cool:

OK HTG...I'm running out of bananas....:cool: :cool:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SF RULES!!!!!

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 03:18 PM
OK HTG...I'm running out of bananas....:cool: :cool:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SF RULES!!!!!

That line is "ripe" for a comment, but I'll be good. :whistle: :chuckle: