PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard to sit out Ravens' White House visit

Buddha Bus
05-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Bernard Pollard to sit out Ravens' White House visit
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: May 15, 2013 at 09:34 p.m.

Bernard Pollard won't join his former Baltimore Ravens teammates in any festivities celebrating their Super Bowl win.

That includes the Ravens' upcoming trip to visit President Barack Obama at the White House.

"I got to sit this one out, man," Pollard told WJZ-FM in Baltimore, via ESPN.com. "If I didn't have a vacation, I wouldn't come in anyway. That's just the type of player I am."

Pollard acknowledged he was "stunned a little bit" by the Ravens' decision to release him after the season. He signed a one-year contract with the Tennessee Titans a week later. He said he has no animosity for his former teammates or Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome.

Pollard did make it clear, however, there are individuals he'd rather avoid.

"At the end of the day, I know what happened, I know what took place," Pollard said. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to be in the room with certain people."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200071/article/bernard-pollard-to-sit-out-ravens-white-house-visit

Atlanta Dan
05-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I recall Tommy Maddox bailed out of the White House visit after the Steelers won Super Bowl XL because he was being cut loose - it's a business and if you have issues with your former employer I can see why you take a pass on these sorts of events

Vis
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
I recall Tommy Maddox bailed out of the White House visit after the Steelers won Super Bowl XL because he was being cut loose - it's a business and if you have issues with your former employer I can see why you take a pass on these sorts of events

Fox will be all over Obama for having a murderer in the WH

Buddha Bus
05-16-2013, 01:17 PM

I don't blame him.

Vis
05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
They really ought to do the visit before the league year ends so all the players are still with the team, but, of course, after the MVP goes to Disney World

The_Joker
05-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Reminds me of when PC Liberals complained when several NASCAR drivers skipped out on the white house visit.

It's not a jab at Obama, it's business! It's funnier when I point out that Dale Jr is a liberal.

SteelerEmpire
05-16-2013, 04:00 PM
That's the good part about being in America and having this choice. You don't have to go to these types of functions if you choose not to as opposed to many nations where ANYTHING that could be considered a slight at their leader could get you in deep trouble. But a few players here and there deciding not to go to the WH is negligible, because the vast majority of players on teams do decide to go.

Vis
05-16-2013, 04:27 PM
That's the good part about being in America and having this choice. You don't have to go to these types of functions if you choose not to as opposed to many nations where ANYTHING that could be considered a slight at their leader could get you in deep trouble. But a few players here and there deciding not to go to the WH is negligible, because the vast majority of players on teams do decide to go.

And here he's not making a political statement, he's making a "Harbaugh is an ass" statement and that's something we can all support.