PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of Bens Greatness!

siss
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I say 40 wns!

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 12:00 PM
option #5: Siss gets arrested when found naked in the shrubs outside Bens House with burglary tools and a heart shaped box of candy:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
ahahahahhhh some reason i can picture that

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Ben only needs 13 more wins to hit 40...I believe he'll win 13 before he loses 6....

and to get to the Super bowl...including playoff games..I gotta think he'll win 13 before he gets there...

400 yards?...thats a stretch considering the Steelers penchant for sitting on 2nd half leads with the running game...

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I think that as soon as ben passes for 400 yards in a single game we can crown him one of the true greats.

NM

siss
08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
option #5: Siss gets arrested when found naked in the shrubs outside Bens House with burglary tools and a heart shaped box of candy:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Don't give me any ideas!:sofunny: :sofunny:!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Ben only needs 13 more wins to hit 40...I believe he'll win 13 before he loses 6....

and to get to the Super bowl...including playoff games..I gotta think he'll win 13 before he gets there...

400 yards?...thats a stretch considering the Steelers penchant for sitting on 2nd half leads with the running game...

Ben did throw for 386 yards last year against the Bengals. So he came close to 400 yards. So its not that big of a stretch especially since I'm sure that Cowher and Whiz will let Ben throw the old pigskin a few more times this year.

pitt
08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
I say 40 wins.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll say 40 wins....immedialty followed by Siss getting arrested when found naked in the shrubs outside Bens House with burglary tools and a heart shaped box of candy

SteelerFanInCA
08-25-2006, 12:57 PM
40 wins is definitley obtainable in the near future but I wouldn't put a 400 yard passing game that far out of reach either.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM

It is a stretch. But his knack for stretching the field is getting better. If we come upon a great run defense then who knows. If the odds were high I'd go with 400.

siss
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll say 40 wins....immedialty followed by Siss getting arrested when found naked in the shrubs outside Bens House with burglary tools and a heart shaped box of candy

I wouldn't make it that easy for him!

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I think that as soon as ben passes for 400 yards in a single game we can crown him one of the true greats.

NM

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here, LITP, but a QB's greatness is not determined by the number of yards he throws for - it's his overall contribution to his team and to the game, his leadership and of course, the number of W's that he has had a hand in, including leading his team to the ultimate W - the Super Bowl. With Ben - I think he's well met all of these and did it in his first two seasons as a pro - quite an accomplishment, I'd say. :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't make it that easy for him!

oooooooooooohhhhhhh....you are such a liar!:blurp: :blurp:

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here, LITP, but a QB's greatness is not determined by the number of yards he throws for - it's his overall contribution to his team and to the game, his leadership and of course, the number of W's that he has had a hand in, including leading his team to the ultimate W - the Super Bowl. With Ben - I think he's well met all of these and did it in his first two seasons as a pro - quite an accomplishment, I'd say. :cool:

Amen sister!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 02:05 PM

Really?

I'd always thought of total yardage as the most important statistic for a QB.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Really?

NM

Tell that to Jeff George

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Really?

NMonly when comparing manning and brady. manning is simply the better qb.

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Really?

NM

NM

Well - duh (in my best blonde voice) - is the above your post or not? You didn't use any smilies so I would say it was safe for me to assume that you were serious. :stickout: :tap:

Midnightwriter07
08-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah take Montata's overall yardage and compare him with alot of others.. who would ya reather have? I dont give a rats ass about total yardage unless is fantasy football stats. I want a QB who wins, that is most important stat thier is.

steelcurtain09
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
i think Ben will throw for 400 yards in week 11 then siss being so enamored by him will be arrested when found naked in the shrubs outside Bens House with burglary tools and a heart shaped box of candy. Ben will be so traumatized that he will lose his next 6 games to reach 10 losses. then he will win four games in a row, the third being his 40th win, from the sixth seed to win the Super Bowl.

siss
08-25-2006, 02:57 PM
So Your saying that im so ugly that I would traumatize Ben? Wow thanks! I appreciate it! I'm gunna go cry now!

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Well - duh (in my best blonde voice) - is the above your post or not? You didn't use any smilies so I would say it was safe for me to assume that you were serious. :stickout: :tap:

Come on you know me better than to think i'd seriously correlate a single 400 yard game with greatness. :cool:

NM

steelcurtain09
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
i dint mention y hed be traumatized did i?

siss
08-25-2006, 03:08 PM
It doesnt matter why he would be traumatized! I'm still crying! I wouldnt do that our QB. I may think Ben is THE man but I love the steelers more!

And some will argue but its the truth!

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 03:09 PM
It doesnt matter why he would be traumatized! I'm still crying! I wouldnt do that our QB. I may think Ben is THE man but I love the steelers more!

And some will argue but its the truth!

I wasn't going to tell you this...but I am actually Brian St. Pierre.

My friends call me 'The Saint'....say you couldn't lend me $200 could ya?

I seem to have misplaced my wallet.

NM

siss
08-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Yea right!
I'm not that dumb. In fact im embarrased to all myself a female after that women fell for him!

steelcurtain09
08-25-2006, 03:20 PM

NM

yeah and im actually ... (thinks of person no one in Pittsburgh will recognize) ... (can't think of any football players) ... :idea: Dan Quayle my rims are no longer so shiny i cant see my face in them. Umm.. can i have $1200. Plus an extra $400 for a flight to europe and for the expense of havin to buy my shampoo there

19ward86
08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
i think that he will throw for 400 yards in a game, it will be the second bengals game of the season, cowher said ben is supposed to get more involved with the offense and start doing the no huttle style. playing like this the steelers will look more like the colts.

LambertLunatic
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
playing like this the steelers will look more like the colts.

Please tell me that you mean the regular season colts, and not the playoff version of them!

CantStop85
08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Come on you know me better than to think i'd seriously correlate a single 400 yard game with greatness. :cool:

NM
Yeah, c'mon people, everyone knows a quarterback must have at least TWO 400 yard games before they're considered great.

VA.*Gold~n~Gurl*
08-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I hope I'm proving wrong but I voted 10th lose. After tonight I'm concerned if Ben is a little worried about taking the "big one" and is letting that rob his concentration.
I really hope he proves me wrong.

hardwork
08-26-2006, 12:39 AM
What will happen first?

Brady wins his 4th Super Bowl.

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 05:16 AM

NM

Thank God we don`t need him to pass for 400. Usually when your throwing that much, your either playing catch up football, or the othe team is scoring at will and its a back and forth game. Good running game to kill the clock, great defense to keep scoring low. Steelers football

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2006, 05:57 AM

NM

Dont believe him Siss..he's really Jeremy Tuman...I'M Brian St Pierre!!:smile:
(..and I'm sure Ben will be traumatized only because the woman of his dreams already has a boyfriend.)

siss
08-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Dont believe him Siss..he's really Jeremy Tuman...I'M Brian St Pierre!!:smile:
(..and I'm sure Ben will be traumatized only because the woman of his dreams already has a boyfriend.)

Thanks LLT!

Big7Ben
08-26-2006, 11:58 AM
40 wins... I think Ben will do good this year ..

steelermaniacXL
08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Ben will never be a "great" quarterback... he doesnt have the arm... but he will continue to manage games in a way that will lead our team to many, many, many victoires.

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Doesnt have the arm ??? ben has a great arm... he just hasnt been able to show it off just yet. They kept him close to the vest his first year... last year he showed that he could do a little more and was able to read his progressions better and they let him loose some. If our philosophy was a run and shoot or one in which we didnt use our running backs much ... you would see a different Ben. It might not make the team win, but he has a very good arm and will only get better with his confidence and maturaty.

To say he wont be a great QB because he doesnt have the arm is a joke.. Montana didnt have much of an arm at all, umm but he is considered one of if not the graetest QB ever.