PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Lyn
05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I think mine is When you are grocery shopping and the person ahead of you leaves their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle and that person is nowhere to be seen.

Ohio Steeler
05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
when I get behind someone on the freeway doing 15 mph's under the speed limit I go off on them calling them all kinds of names and as I speed by them I give them the bird...

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
I think we had a thread sort of like this on here before.......I could be wrong. Oh well, I will just use the same response from that thread............

Sitting in my seats at Heinz and somebody decides to either come back up to their seats or leave their seats while play is going on. You would think commonsense would tell you that maybe, just maybe wait until play stops? Or there is that big screen that's called a jumbotron that states every quarter that you should wait until play is stopped before deciding to get up or return to your seat.

PisnNapalm
05-11-2006, 04:27 PM
My pet peeve is Cincinnati.

beSteelmyheart
05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I have alot of pet peeves-don't get me started!:smile:
O.K., just one (for now) I promise..
People who don't take pride in the quality of their work.

shimmysteelerfan
05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
mine is when the roller ball in my mouse gets lint in it.

Koopa
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
mine is young posters (between the ages of 12-16) when they have a shitload of post but have never really posted anything, just i agree. or some stupid shit like that. i say young, cause on the 5 message boards i post on, all the ppl that post like that are young.

Prosdo
05-11-2006, 06:09 PM
When people don't use their turn signals and pull in front of you and wonder why you beep at them lol

3 to be 4
05-11-2006, 06:36 PM
cell phones at funerals

blackvelvet
05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
mine is young posters (between the ages of 12-16) when they have a shitload of post but have never really posted anything, just i agree. or some stupid shit like that. i say young, cause on the 5 message boards i post on, all the ppl that post like that are young.

I feel the love.

These kind of posts (about young people).

When i have five people trying to talk to me all at once! Ahh!

HburgXL06
05-11-2006, 07:33 PM
When people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom (I ain't talkin bout just number 1 either)

BuFu

Lyn
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Generally in a business situation, when you call someone and because they are not in and you have something to tell that person, so you want to leave a message. The secretary puts you through to their voice mail. The phone rings 4 times to have him or her tell you they are not there (and you already know that). You have to go through all this to leave the idiot a message. Why doesn't he/she use common sense and let their phone ring ONE time. It would be much more considerate. Who has the time to sit and listen to a dang phone ring needlessly?

shimmysteelerfan
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
dogs that piss all over the bed......stupid una!!!!

pucho58
05-11-2006, 08:52 PM
When I needed tech help for my computer, I'm connected to someone in India where they don't speak good English.

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
When I needed tech help for my computer, I'm connected to someone in India where they don't speak good English.

Your lucky to get that in this country anymore......:smile:

Blitzburgh55
05-11-2006, 09:58 PM
The kids on TV that never give the bunny any trix is it that hard to share

Hypnotic
05-11-2006, 10:16 PM
People who over use smilies in their posts and dont write anything in their responses.

3 to be 4
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Liza Minelli

MattsMe
05-12-2006, 01:03 AM
People in general.

3 to be 4
05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
realizing you just wasted 15 minutes in line - for McDonalds!

pitt
05-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Cells phones. Unless its an emergency...put the @#$@# phone down and walk away from it. DO NOT call home while wandering slowly around the grocery store asking your husband/wife what brand of chips they usually buy. Make a list at home instead of getting in my way!

MattsMe
05-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Little old ladies trying to give exact change to the cashier, but they can't even see well enough to know what coin it is. So the cashier tells them it's a quarter, and they have to check it to see if it's a state quarter, and if it is, is it one they already have? But of course they can't remember, so just to be safe, they start digging for another one, and the process starts all over again. Anyone else have this problem?

3 to be 4
05-12-2006, 06:33 AM
not as bad as them, or any other woman, having to write a check for groceries. ever hear of a &*%$ Debit card?? "lets see, wheres my pen?"

Hammer67
05-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Cells phones. Unless its an emergency...put the @#$@# phone down and walk away from it. DO NOT call home while wandering slowly around the grocery store asking your husband/wife what brand of chips they usually buy. Make a list at home instead of getting in my way!

I am with you there. I F'ing HATE cell phones in cars. If you are driving...PUT THE DAMN CELL PHONE DOWN AND DRIVE! My wife and I were almost killed when some Indian dude talking on a cellphone cut us off on the highway (no turn signal, another pet peeve).:dang:

They do make these $15 headsets you can get at just about any stores

Hammer67
05-12-2006, 07:29 AM
not as bad as them, or any other woman, having to write a check for groceries. ever hear of a &*%$ Debit card?? "lets see, wheres my pen?"

That is terrible. Not only is it bad enough using checks theses days, but why do you have to WAIT till you're in line to write the damn thing! Fill it out except for the your sig and the amount before you get to the damn checkout line!

DIESELMAN
05-13-2006, 12:44 AM
When someone tells me to calm down when I haven't even started to get riled up yet.....

3 to be 4
05-13-2006, 01:35 AM
When someone tells me to calm down when I haven't even started to get riled up yet.....

ok, calm down now......:bouncy:

JUST KIDDING COULDNT RESIST

83-Steelers-43
05-13-2006, 07:53 AM
When people leave their dogs outside to bark back and forth at 7:00 in the morning on a Sunday. :splat:

Before all is said and done, I might end up having PETA on my case if this keeps up.

pucho58
05-13-2006, 09:34 AM
When women say they're fat and you agree with them they get pissed off.

Livinginthe past
05-13-2006, 09:59 AM
When men still dont realise that women never want to be told that they look anything other than lovely/hot/gorgeous.

This is basic, basic stuff.

Come on Pucho - you will never say this to a women that you want to get on more intimate terms with will you?

Thought not. :blurp:

NM

Hammer67
05-13-2006, 11:09 AM
When men still dont realise that women never want to be told that they look anything other than lovely/hot/gorgeous.

Come on Pucho - you will never say this to a women that you want to get on more intimate terms with will you?

NM

Yeah man...that is "Women 101". The first thing you have to learn is that rational answers don't exist. If a woman makes a comment like "I am so/look so fat!" Leave it alone or console. Don't agree. it's called fishing and they do it a lot.

Goofy, but the way of the world, my friend.

pucho58
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM

NM

I know they don't want to hear the truth. I just agree with them for the hell of it but when its time to get busy I tell them everything they want to hear.:sofunny:

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I have a pet peeve with every single person who was at Home Depot today...

HburgXL06
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Just wonderin, what message boards (or types) are you postin at?

BuFu

tony hipchest
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
i have a dog and his name is "peeve"

HburgXL06
05-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Little old ladies trying to give exact change to the cashier, but they can't even see well enough to know what coin it is. So the cashier tells them it's a quarter, and they have to check it to see if it's a state quarter, and if it is, is it one they already have? But of course they can't remember, so just to be safe, they start digging for another one, and the process starts all over again. Anyone else have this problem?

Don't even get me started wit supermarket pet peeves. I used to work there and I could just go off on all the shit I saw. Peace.

BuFu

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd like to hear...I'm one of those guys who doesn't fill a cart once a week, but fills a basket 4 times a week.

clevestinks
05-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I have a pet peeve with every single person who was at Home Depot today...
I wasnt there, but I feel your pain, I have no patience for people, especially alot of people.

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 08:37 PM
PEOPLE! I hate 'em!

It took me 2 hours to find my mom her hanging basket she wanted for Mother's Day.

3 to be 4
05-13-2006, 09:08 PM
When women say they're fat and you agree with them they get pissed off.

what are you, an idiot?

3 to be 4
05-13-2006, 09:10 PM
People who call them the Pats.
they are the Patriots.

(this is mostly directed at Patriot fans who do this)

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 09:20 PM
You know, there's an easy way to deal with that question, or any variation on the same theme.

Whenever you hear "Do I look (plug in bad thing) in this (article of clothing)?" You should simply say "That's a minefield I won't walk through". If you are lucky, she'll get it. Most guys aren't lucky. If you ARE lucky, you get to explain what a minefield is to your woman.

In the minefield, every step is death. If you say "Yes", you blow up instantly. If you say no, that only means you have to keep walking the same minefield. It won't be long before you hear "Do you like my hair this way?", or "Do these jeans make my ass look fat?" None of these questions make any sense. There is no logic to these questions, therefore, there are no logical answers.

Always answer "That is a minefield I will not cross tonight"

beSteelmyheart
05-13-2006, 09:31 PM
3 to be 4's thread about grammar brings to mind a pet peeve I have about improper punctuation or spelling in signs. Especially by professional sign makers!?

I'm sorry, but Ted's Shed's is wrong, & it just bugs the hell out of me.

pucho58
05-14-2006, 06:47 AM
what are you, an idiot?

No, my wife is a size 7 or 8 trust me she isn't fat but she always telling me she is fat over and over again so now I just agree with her just to see her reaction.

3 to be 4
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
No, my wife is a size 7 or 8 trust me she isn't fat but she always telling me she is fat over and over again so now I just agree with her just to see her reaction.

no no no no no

you NEVER tell her shes fat, agree with her that shes fat, say "i dont swant to walk in that minefield" because she'll interpret that as a yes, i am fat.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS say. you will great to me or you look fine

at worst she'll say "oh, you just love me"

SteelerzGirl
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Team Hendrick fans who shop at Home Depot!

Hammer67
05-15-2006, 07:20 AM

Sounds like she has an esteem issue and should maybe go talk to someone!! Otherwise she is fishing for attention from you.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Team Hendrick fans who shop at Home Depot!

I just bought a whole bunch of plants, a hanging basket for Mother's day, and a bunch of bags of mulch at HD, thank you!

If Lowe's was closer to my house, well, then it'd be a different story...

clevestinks
05-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Pet Peeve?

browns fans!

pucho58
05-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Sounds like she has an esteem issue and should maybe go talk to someone!! Otherwise she is fishing for attention from you.

I don't think its an attention issue because I give her a lot of attention. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't let her know how great she looks. I agree that it might be an esteem issue.

MasterOfPuppets
05-15-2006, 07:15 PM
i have yet to find a woman who didn't ask those stupid questions.i've come to the conclusion that all thier trying to do is boost thier ego,by forcing a compliment.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 07:17 PM
i have yet to find a woman who didn't ask those stupid questions.i've come to the conclusion that all thier trying to do is boost thier ego,by forcing a compliment.

And, of course, you know better than to walk through that minefield, right?

MasterOfPuppets
05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
And, of course, you know better than to walk through that minefield, right?
i'm 38....i've learned to navigate it somewhat.......

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM
We all have them. What are some of yours?

For me, some of them are.....

Chewing food like you were born in a barnyard. Geez - if I wanted to wear what you were eating, I'd have ordered it my damned self - LOL! :blurp:

People who blast their car radios with their windows wide open no matter what the season. I don't want to hear your shart stompin', head banging, fo shizzle poor excuse for music. I play back - I pop in my Johnny Cash tape and blast "I Walk the Line" as high as the volume will go - that usually earns me a hairy eyeball, a middle finger, a head shake or a quick roll up of the window. :smile:

People who use the excuse of walking their dog as an opportunity for Fido to shart in your nicely manicured lawn. Ughhhh. Chocolate Ex-Lan works great- dogs love it (and so do carpet cleaning companies)! Their owners, unfortunately, don't. :poop:

Those who bring their infants and toddlers to sporting events. Look - the thought is nice, your kid is really cute, but junior isn't going to understand what is going on, isn't going to remember it and why make our lives and experience miserable because you can spend $14.00 on two beers but can't spend $20.00 on a sitter? I love babies, but I don't enjoy their screaming when I'm trying to enjoy the game!

Sucking your own fingers when eating. My God - do you HAVE to get every single last drop?? :sofunny: I'd prefer you stick your face in the bowl and slurp it up rather than seeing (and hearing) you slurping your fingers - that's nasty!

Putting your fingers in my plate and helping yourself to my food - damn it - ask and you shall receive! I'm a softie, honestly I am, but that could earn you a forked finger. :busted:

People who stand in the middle of an aisle at a store or sporting event to BS. (Usually happens to me in the candy aisle at the store. I'm on to them - while they're pretending to chit-chat, they're eyeing up the goodies and deciding which 10 bags they're going to hide in their cart so the hubby doesn't see it - LOL!) Moooooooove on over, please?

Drivers who tailgate and flash their lights at me while I'm in the right lane on an interstate, going the speed limit or a bit above, thinking it is going to make me risk getting a ticket so they can get to their bar or peep show or wherever the heck they're in such a hurry to get to. Sorry Bullwinkle - that usually has the opposite effect and hey - did you ever hear of the passing lane? :dang:

Mosca
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
People who won't leave you alone when they find out you're on a diet & exercise program. Leave me the fark alone, OK? It's personal. I don't ask you how's your yeast infection, or if that toe fungus is still hanging around, do I?

Tom

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
People who won't leave you alone when they find out you're on a diet & exercise program. Leave me the fark alone, OK? It's personal. I don't ask you how's your yeast infection, or if that toe fungus is still hanging around, do I?

Tom

Bwa ha ha ha!!!! :sofunny: :sofunny: Amen brother!

Koopa
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
pet peeve threads

BlackNGold203
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Easy one....

people who push their way of life and beliefs on me....

If youre religious?...good for you
If youre gay?...good for you
If youre a non smoker?...good for you
If you dont drink?...good for you

Im gonna do what I believe...you do what you believe....and never the two shall meet

:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 04:10 PM
These come to mind.....

People who get up during play at a Steeler game. Wether your new to attending games or not, commonsense would tell you to wait until play is stopped. Also, the voice on the jumbrotron makes it very clear before the start of every game.

Since I'm on the topic, people who go to the games and are unable to hold their alcohol and end up getting up every five minutes in order to take a leak. If your going to get that drunk and get up that often, just stay home. Eitherway, your not going to remember the game.

Standing in line at a store and the person behind me is basically sitting on my shoulder like a parrot. In the words of Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas", hovering over me like "impending doom". BACK OFF. We are not conjoined twins.

That strip of tape on CD's/DVD's. One word........why?

I have more but those are the top four that come to mind at this point in time.

Lyn
08-25-2006, 04:35 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7124&highlight=peeves

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Lyn, but I obviously wasn't a member in May - LOL! :smile:

We do have a lot of new members since that thread was posted - maybe they'd like to share their pet peeves, too or maybe some of those who posted in your thread have some new pet peeves - ya never know. :cool:

Koopa
08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
well what you could do is bump the old thread. that would've got more replies

Mosca
08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Maybe a Moderator could merge the two?

Tom

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 06:07 PM
I dont just any old Mod could do that...we need a SUPER MODERATOR! :chuckle:

NM

BBC
08-25-2006, 06:29 PM
People who get up during play at a Steeler game. Wether your new to attending games or not, commonsense would tell you to wait until play is stopped. Also, the voice on the jumbrotron makes it very clear before the start of every game.

You have no idea. The worst one I ran into was during the Ravens game last season:

I get up at the half to hit the bathroom and grab a drink. Obviously the lines are fairly large, so when I get back the 3rd quarter already started, and I was in the middle of a play as I was ready to walk down the aisle. I walk down 1 or 2 steps, and sit down in the aisle so that I don't get in anyone's way trying to watch the game. The jackass behind me tells me to get up so he can get past me. I just ignored him until the play ended.

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Maybe a Moderator could merge the two?

Tom

Honestly I went back 4 pages in this forum to see if I could find a similar thread before posting it and I saw nothing recent so I went ahead with it. Not a big deal, but please Mods, the next time - is it possible to merge instead of just out and out deleting a thread that was started with the best of intentions? Took me 10 minutes to create my post - LOL! :cool:

BBC
08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Honestly I went back 4 pages in this forum to see if I could find a similar thread before posting it and I saw nothing recent so I went ahead with it. Not a big deal, but please Mods, the next time - is it possible to merge instead of just out and out deleting a thread that was started with the best of intentions? Took me 10 minutes to create my post - LOL! :cool:

Your thread wasn't deleted, it was merged in with the older one. Check out post 55 :wink:

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks, BBC, for pointing out my temporary blindness. :blurp: I apologize to the Mods for being under the very mistaken impression that it was deleted. I should have known better. 100 slaps with the wet noodle - I can take it! :cool:

I'm a little lopsided today - hormones wreaking havoc as they sometimes do when you're 40 something. If someone looked at me crooked today, I'd probably burst into tears. Tomorrow is another day and the blues will be history once again - oh the joys of being a female - LOL! :cool:

New Pet Peeve - weepy, sappy hormonal women.

SteelCzar76
08-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Pet Peeves ?..........

1) Excessive Patience,...patience in General. (LOL)

2) Weakness

3) Liar's

4) Chaos,...without reason.

5) Lack of a sense of Humor

6) Lack of Honor

7) Lack of Loyalty

" Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 07:29 PM
One more PP...

Going into a public restroom (this happens a lot at PNC Park) and finding out after it's too late that the toilet paper dispenser is empty. I know, I know - look before you sit, but sometimes when you gotta go, you just gotta go and you assume that the ignoramus who used the last piece would have the common courtesy to let the attendant or someone know. I'm religious about that myself.