PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu in GQ

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Polamalu To Be Featured In GQ Magazine
September Issue Highlights Star Safety

POSTED: 2:42 pm EDT August 25, 2006
UPDATED: 3:35 pm EDT August 25, 2006

Pittsburgh Steelers star safety Troy Polamalu will be featured on the cover of the September issue of GQ Magazine.

The article gives an insightful look at NO. 43?s amiable personality, his faith in God, and also his devotion to football; and although the interview touches on the sport, it?s not based primarily around it.

The reporter who wrote the article spoke with Polamalu at his home in Pittsburgh.

?I?m only 25 years old, and I?ve experienced as much as a 25-year-old can, but it?s only what I?ve experienced. When I read this knowledge that?s been passed down from the philosophers, I?m not as young as my years,? Polamalu said, hinting at his depth of character.

He later went on to mention that, ?Football was not, and is not a sport to me. It?s a spiritual battle. So, it wasn?t like after a play, I would go, ?God! Why did I miss that tackle?? It was more like, ?Okay God, you?ve blessed me, and this is play, but I want to thank you so much for the opportunity to play this beautiful sport.??

The issue will be released in September if interested in a more comprehensive look at the article.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/9738891/detail.html

HometownGal
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll definitely be buying a copy - Troy is just an amazing human being in addition to being a phenomenal athlete! :cool: Thanks for the heads-up, 83.

steelermaniacXL
08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Guhhh... I dont want to see our bad a$$ go all pretty boy on us. I hope he doesnt go all Derrick Jetter GQ on us... whats next? a nice crew cut?

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Guhhh... I dont want to see our bad a$$ go all pretty boy on us. I hope he doesnt go all Derrick Jetter GQ on us... whats next? a nice crew cut?

I strongly doubt that....

ajs8207
08-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Troy is on the cover of Sporting News this week.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-26-2006, 02:45 AM

I strongly doubt that too. A man with conviction and principle perhaps realizes an opportunity to be humble and yet still preach to the youth of this country -set an example. We are not talking about Gary Sheffield. Or Drew Rosenhaus' muppet.

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 05:22 AM
GC? Troy is amazing, but I would rather spend my money on a FHM mag.