05-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Here's a great gif on the new shitty XBOX One

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Bayz101
05-24-2013, 02:33 AM
PS4, baby.

JonM229
05-24-2013, 06:51 AM
I think my 360 just became my last console.

I'm fairly certain that these will be the last generation of a true console. With the proliferation of smart TVs, we'll probably start seeing everything being integrated into those.

And also, fuck the XBOX One

jacobo
05-24-2013, 07:04 AM
that gif is fucking glorious

I'm gonna build a good pc and probably buy a wiiu just because I have hope nintendo will get their heads out of their asses. Pikmin baby <3

in the meantime there are still a bunch of games from this gen I haven't played.

43Hitman
05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyD1VlQdj2s

JonM229
05-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Francis needs to go on a diet

43Hitman
05-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Francis needs to go on a diet

I thought he was gonna croak at the end of that video. :tombstone

PATS16N0
06-19-2013, 03:07 PM
If I was going to go console this generation, Sony made the choice as to which one very easy, and this coming from a former Xbox fanboy.

That said, I finally broke into using a PC for gaming two years ago with a really good rig (for that time) and there's just no going back for me now.

PATS16N0
06-19-2013, 03:09 PM
I will miss Madden though

Fire Arians
06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
microsoft keeps shooting themselves in the ass. these stupid ideas with the xbox 360, and the piece of elephant manure called windows 8. im officially not buying anything made by microsoft anymore.

even if it means buying a mac and i hate apple too, but maybe now, not as bad. tinkering with windows 8 in its supreme shittiness was the nail in the coffin

Bayz101
06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
They did a lot of backtracking today announcing a complete reversal of their policies, but people won't have short-term memory with this one. Those policies could just as easily be forced on users down the line, just as they were forced on them in the beginning. I'm sure publishers will be asking Microsoft whats up.

It'll be PS4 day one for me unless Microsoft makes the One a console worth my money.

Fire Arians
06-19-2013, 07:36 PM
They did a lot of backtracking today announcing a complete reversal of their policies, but people won't have short-term memory with this one. Those policies could just as easily be forced on users down the line, just as they were forced on them in the beginning. I'm sure publishers will be asking Microsoft whats up.

It'll be PS4 day one for me unless Microsoft makes the One a console worth my money.

and drop the price of the xbox by $200. the PS4 is superior and $100 cheaper.

if anything they need to offer the system cheaper than the PS4 as a means of damage control at this point after scaring their fanbase

Bayz101
06-19-2013, 08:16 PM
and drop the price of the xbox by $200. the PS4 is superior and $100 cheaper.

if anything they need to offer the system cheaper than the PS4 as a means of damage control at this point after scaring their fanbase

It would be different if it was a bunch of Playstation fan-boys talking shit about the Xbox One, but a majority of ALL gamers aren't happy with it. I've seen several 360 owners preordering the PS4. Microsoft fucked up, and they'll need to do something interesting to make things right.

JonM229
06-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe they should reverse their "must always be on" Kinect policy as well.

Fire Arians
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Maybe they should reverse their "must always be on" Kinect policy as well.

agree, that is stupid and I don't get it. What if you're going on a trip somewhere with no internet access / get your internet disconnected / somehow have to go without coverage for over 24 hours. tough luck? what if someone just wants to play the games without using any of the online features? that whole thing is stupid.

Fire Arians
06-20-2013, 01:00 PM
It would be different if it was a bunch of Playstation fan-boys talking shit about the Xbox One, but a majority of ALL gamers aren't happy with it. I've seen several 360 owners preordering the PS4. Microsoft fucked up, and they'll need to do something interesting to make things right.

yep agree totally. I try to be as unbiased as possible (own both 360 / ps3 and liked both). this time i'm going with the ps4 only though.

JonM229
06-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't want Microsoft watching me play Kinectimals in the shower

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg93/JonM229/shower.jpg

43Hitman
06-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't want Microsoft watching me play Kinectimals in the shower

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg93/JonM229/shower.jpg
lol, looks like you kinnected with something judging by the smile. :flap:

Fire Arians
06-20-2013, 05:23 PM
lol, looks like you kinnected with something judging by the smile. :flap:

the one handed pole dance? :chuckle:

i thought only the nintendo wii had that

fer522
06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdwMES4QNU

MACH1
06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
the one handed pole dance? :chuckle:

i thought only the nintendo wii had that

He's catching the tiger by the tail. :laughing:

JonM229
06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Where's patsfaninpittsburgh to ask me where I learned my awesome photoshopping skills?

And by Photoshop, I mean MS Paint

SteelCityMom
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
This gave me a good chuckle.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1000383_10151670031294588_1030403999_n.png

Vis
06-26-2013, 06:39 AM
I beat Injustice last night. I rarely play the kids games but I liked that one.

Fire Arians
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
i'm gonna be the kind of parent that buys video games for my kids for their birthday / christmas as an excuse to get them for myself as well :chuckle:

MACH1
06-26-2013, 03:29 PM
i'm gonna be the kind of parent that buys video games for my kids for their birthday / christmas as an excuse to get them for myself as well :chuckle:

It works out pretty well. :chuckle:

IowaSteeler927
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
I have my Xbox One on reserve. I was just as pissed off as anyone else when they initially came out with all the restrictions but the gaming community spoke up and now there's no stupid restrictions nor is there a requirement to have the Kinect connected to the system at all times. Microsoft back tracked, admitted that they marketed the system poorly, and had to eat their words. I've been happy enough with my original Xbox and my Xbox 360 that I'm giving the Xbox One a chance. There's too many exclusives on the Xbox that I love that I just am not willing to give up. Halo, Forza, Gears of War etc..

That's not to say I won't be getting a PS4. I'll just be buying it at a later time instead. I'm pretty excited for both system. I think both are going to be exciting and if I have both that means the great exclusives on both systems can be part of my gaming collection. I'm more of an across the board gamer, I don't jump on one particular bandwagon unless I am wronged. I came soo close to abandoning the Xbox ONE but Microsoft listened so I'll show a little faith.

Bayz101
08-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I didn't like the 360, but I planned to preorder both consoles if possible this go-around. My #1 priority is to purchase the PS4. Sony hasn't done anything stupid enough to push me any other way, and I can't say the same about Microsoft. Even with Xbox One's new policy direction, they've fucked themselves badly with the bullshit they tried to pull early on.

Gamestop: On the call president Tony Bartel also said that PS4 seemed to be the most popular system with its PowerUp Rewards program members, as firm has 1.5 million members on its PS4 first-to-know list and 700,000 on the Xbox One list. Thanks, GI International.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamestop-sales-fall-as-xbox-one-ps4-loom-6413484

Playstation 4 at 1 Million preorders: http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/playstation-4-launching-november-15-6413242/

Not to mention just about every feature Xbox One offers, including DVR, cross-chat etc. is available on PS4 without a subscription to Playstation Plus. Without all of these features the Xbox One really isn't all that special, so why isn't the price of the Xbox One $549.99 to account for the fact that you NEED Xbox Live for it to be better than it's predecessor in any way!?

Xbox One sales rank in the 50's on Amazon, with PS4 in top 5: http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-sales-slumping-amazon-are-xbox-live-gold-restrictions-blame-photos-1378347

All i'm saying is, yes. The customers HAVE spoken.

MACH1
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Got my preorder in for a ps4. Sucks I have to wait till x-mas to play "the kids present". :chuckle:

Bayz101
08-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Got my preorder in for a ps4. Sucks I have to wait till x-mas to play "the kids present". :chuckle:

Make sure you pick up a Playstation Plus card, too. Your kid (:wink02:) will get 5 or more free games every month to keep him off your back. I bought another year of it today and it's well worth it.

JonM229
10-31-2013, 02:35 PM
First picture of the XBOX One ready for home use

http://31.media.tumblr.com/6f57f658c85e94bd3cb43d6902b8cbbb/tumblr_mvi4vhTlUS1qfnp35o1_500.jpg

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 02:40 PM
First picture of the XBOX One ready for home use

http://31.media.tumblr.com/6f57f658c85e94bd3cb43d6902b8cbbb/tumblr_mvi4vhTlUS1qfnp35o1_500.jpg

Battlefield 4 came out a couple days ago. It'll be on Xbox One, too!

http://cloud.mmgn.com.s3.amazonaws.com/images/assets/Xbox-One-Memes/hqejg_battlefieldvhs_590419.jpg

https://www.xboxmb.com/external/379dc049e950bb8dccc79e5f88bb1531

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Call of Duty: Ghosts, too!

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tumblr_mn6o4gFudJ1qmd43to1_400.jpg

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 02:43 PM
and Halo 23!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rMg9qF7dja8/UZ4lP7PG85I/AAAAAAAAYz0/t1rjErz8lpc/s1600/417900_316388031825885_1604870694_n.jpg

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
http://pixel2pixel.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/xbox-one-vhs.jpg?w=560

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 02:45 PM
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/06/12/ps4-size-comparison.JPG

IowaSteeler927
10-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Haters...

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 05:11 PM
:sofunny:

What's hilarious to me is that this thing has a GIANT external power brick to boot! Sony somehow managed to make a Next-Generation system that's smaller than both the Playstation 3 Slim and Xbox 360 Slim, and to top it all off, with 50% stronger hardware AND an internal power supply with no external brick.

IowaSteeler927
10-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Mistakes surely, but honestly I don't care about how stylish my system looks. As long as it plays games, and I enjoy them, that's the bread and butter. I'm sure down the road there will be a slim Xbox ONE that'll end up looking much better and will be much more functional than the current model. I'll give it to Sony they did their homework, and the PS4 is impressive. Either way I'm buying both systems, the PS4 down the road, so I can enjoy the best of what both have to offer.

Bayz101
10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-all-those-saying-theyll-buy-titanfall-on-pc-forget-who-makes-the-os

IowaSteeler927
11-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Friday needs to come, and fast.

JonM229
11-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Guess where I didn't get an XBOX One

http://i.imgur.com/A1RxZM4.jpg

NJarhead
11-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Well?

Bayz101
11-23-2013, 07:14 AM
LOVING my PS4 right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their consoles!

43Hitman
11-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Havent gotten ours yet.. its going to be a good xmas for me and my son though. :D
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Bayz101
11-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Havent gotten ours yet.. its going to be a good xmas for me and my son though. :D
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure which one you're getting, but if you're picking up a PS4 make sure you check out Warframe. It's 100% free and badass as hell.

43Hitman
11-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Not sure which one you're getting, but if you're picking up a PS4 make sure you check out Warframe. It's 100% free and badass as hell.

Definitely getting a PS4 first. Thanks for the heads up about Warframe, we'll have to check it out.

IowaSteeler927
11-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Enjoying the hell out of my Xbox ONE so far. It's a monster of a system, definitely noticed the heft when I picked it up on launch day. A lot of people jest about it's size and point out that it's not aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. I actually like the way it looks. It's boxy, which I love, and I think it should be boxy because it's an xbox. It also seems to be particularly well ventilated, and runs very quietly when powered up and playing games, or running applications. I think the large size and open ventilation will lend itself well to overall reliability over the life of the console. I'll take big, heavy, durable, and slightly unsightly over aesthetically pleasing and unrealible any day of the week. Not slandering the PS4 at all, so don't get me wrong, as the reliability of each console remains to be seen.

I didn't know what to think about it's TV functionality when I first heard about the feature but in complete honesty, it's impressive. I have my DirecTV satellite receiver hooked up to my Xbox ONE via the XB1's HDMI In port and it works beautifully. Switching between games, and apps, to television is very easy. Kinect voice commands work very well and make switching between channels a hands free, effortless process. I was unsure about this new Kinect but so far I'm enjoying it's voice recognition capabilities and the way it can be utilized to switch between apps, games, snapping windows, etc... I do NOT however advise using it for in-game voice chat. I wish Microsoft had left that option unchecked so that I wouldn't have to listen to all the n00bs in-game who haven't yet figured out that they need to shut that off.

As for the games I bought Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, Forza Motorsport 5, and Madden NFL 25. Graphically these games are pretty awesome across the board and every one of the games has been running surprisingly smoothly especially considering the fact that it's launch time and generally launch titles aren't of the highest quality. The Xbox does seem to have a nice stable of quality launch titles. I've enjoyed each of the games so far, and the only issues I've had are with Battlefield 4 online in the multiplayer. Sometimes the game crashes to the home screen which I guess has been an issue on PC, PS4, and now on the Xbox ONE. I don't hold it against the system as it's an issue on the developer's end rather than on Microsoft's. It's my understanding PS4 just received an update recently, so I'd venture to guess that XB1 is not far behind.

I'd say graphically that Forza and Battlefield 4 are the two most impressive games in the launch lineup. Each game looks excellent. Forza is the single most pleasing to the eye. Looking at cars is like looking at photographs, the cares are so realistic and rich in detail. The haptic feedback given to the hands through the triggers really makes you feel closer to the race track than ever before. You can feel when you hit the gas, and when you hit the bumpy portions of the tracks. As a car enthusiast it's things like this that make this game so special. It also helps that the game is narrated by Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. As someone who loves Top Gear they couldn't have picked better guys to narrate a racing game. While some people are bitching and moaning that there's only 14 tracks, and 200 cars, I found that the lack of quantity is made up for with the quality of what you're getting at launch. The Forza devs rescanned the 14 tracks that are in game so that they are as up to date, and realistic as is currently possible. If this is the kind of attention to detail that I'm going to get I have no problem waiting for extra content via DLC especially considering they were able to get this game out at launch.

Battlefield 4 is easily the best Battlefield game to date. 64 player servers online make for some intense, chaotic matches that have never before been seen on consoles (at least of this quality). I can't wait to start unlocking more weapons, and upgrades and I've logged more time playing Battlefield 4 than on any of my other games.

Madden is Madden. It looks fantastic and plays just like any other Madden I've played. I felt the need for a sports game so Madden was the obvious pick though no NFL game has really blown me out of the water since NFL 2K5. Ever since EA bought the rights to make NFL games I feel like they are making a simple and quality football game without any kind of major innovations. To this day 2K5 is still the best NFL based football video game that I've played. That gripe aside it's a good next gen title to own, and the online has ran very smoothly for me. I haven't been dropped out of any games as of yet, and only one game that I played online was laggy, and it was the fault of my opponent.

Call of Duty is Call of Duty. I enjoy it but there's no doubt that this series is getting redundant and stale. It's a pretty game to look at and I enjoy playing it but I can't help but shake the feeling that Infinity Ward needs to step up their game and either do something drastic to revitalize the series or move on into other ventures. Runs extremely smoothly on the Xbox ONE though, and I'd rate it as a must own if you're looking for a good fast paced FPS on the Xbox ONE. I'd love to see just one more next gen Call of Duty game that returns to the series WWII roots that has some innovative changes and pays homage to Call of Duty, and Call of Duty 2 that were the games that really put this series on the map.

So in my time so far I'm thoroughly enjoying the system and still learning all of it's features. I can't wait to see where the future takes us. I don't buy into the fanboy stuff, or the blind brand loyalty. I'm just a gamer and I enjoy games across all platforms so I plan on owning a PS4 here sometime in the near future as funds become available, and I am hoping I can set aside enough money over this next year to build a new gaming rig (PC) as well.

Bayz101
11-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Well, I had a 6 or 7 paragraph review of the PS4 and it's games, and my laptop died. I simply don't have the patience to right it all again. :chuckle:

I'll just say this. Playstation 4 is the best gaming console on the market, and it has great entertainment applications and features packaged with it. I've played three of the same games on both consoles (BF4, AC, COD) and they all look and play better on Playstation 4. The Netflix app is still better on Playstation, too.

Xbox one is the best entertainment console on the market, and it has pretty good gaming options coupled with it. It will NEVER match-up with Playstation when it comes to gaming, and even Microsoft knows this, but it's entertainment options and features are what will keep it in living rooms for years to come.

Don't take my word on it, though. Boogie2988 is a youtube star, and he recently had Xbox's Major Nelson in his home with an Xbox One in tow for some Xbox showcasing. Here are his verdicts, and I very much agree with nearly everything he has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZiA_qzYA4

Oh yeah. Resogun & Killzone: Shadowfall are the greatest graphical games ever made on any console. Both are exclusive to Playstation, one of them is free, and both of them are absolutely amazing in nearly every aspect. Console-buyers.

Bayz101
11-27-2013, 06:38 AM
You can't go wrong either way in this instance, but it all comes down to preference. If you're a gamer first, Playstation 4 is the way to go. If you are media first, Xbox One is the way to go. Obviously in a perfect world we'd have all of the consoles available to us, but it isn't a perfect world, and I don't have $1,500 to spend on three consoles. To be quite honest, I've played all three consoles, and all I need is my PS4. It already does everything I want & need it to do. If I purchased and Xbox One or a Wii U it would just sit in the entertainment center taking up space.

There's three factors here, in my mind. Preference, Friends & Exclusives. If your friends are on Xbox Live, you LOVE being able to integrate your cable box with your system AND you love Halo & Forza, well, the decision here is easy. However, if you prefer gaming to media, you love Halo & Forza and friends aren't a factor, well, you have a decision to make. Or you can just buy both and get the best of both worlds.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Playstation 4 will eventually have nearly ALL of Xbox One's features, including full voice command support and gesture support. It actually already has all of that, but in a simplified form at this time. The only thing Xbox One will have over PS4 from an immersion standpoint is the Cable box integration, which honestly, is pretty damn bad ass.

I'm a gamer at heart. I'll play my PS4 for a long time and enjoy the hell out of it. PSN is no longer playing second fiddle to Xbox Live, as it's new UI is just as good and the benefits of PS+ are arguably better at this point, and have been for a for about a year now. With a new cloud gaming service hitting PSN in the near future that'll allow games, including PS3 and PS2 games, to be streamed to the console, PS4 will be the ultimate gaming system by far, and I am very excited about the future.

Bayz101
11-27-2013, 06:40 AM
And as a quick note, both the PS4 and Xbox One have been taken apart and examined, and the Xbox One actually operates at a higher core temperature than the PS4 on a consistent basis. A lot of people were concerned that with the PS4 being so much smaller than the Xbox One that Sony may be pushing the limits, but in this case, the smaller PS4 design actually seems to be a benefit more than a downside. Sony has been developing hardware for a long time now, and it's no secret that they are superior in that standpoint. Software was the big question heading into this generation of gaming, and Playstation is putting up a fight in those regards now as well.

Bayz101
11-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Also, the "Live from Playstation" application that comes installed on all systems is unbelievable! Twitch.tv and USTREAM are brilliantly integrated into every PS4 system, and the LFP application allows you to watch other PS4 users' Live-streams from those respective platforms and actually interact with them and even JOIN them on a multiplayer game in the near future!

If you are a live-stream, video recording and game-contest posting kind of guy, and social media integration is important, again, PS4 is the best choice.

Bayz101
11-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Putting this all in one post:

Well, I had a 6 or 7 paragraph review of the PS4 and it's games, and my laptop died. I simply don't have the patience to right it all again. :chuckle:

I'll just say this. Playstation 4 is the best gaming console on the market, and it has great entertainment applications and features packaged with it. I've played three of the same games on both consoles (BF4, AC, COD) and they all look and play better on Playstation 4. The Netflix app is still better on Playstation, too.

Xbox one is the best entertainment console on the market, and it has pretty good gaming options coupled with it. It will NEVER match-up with Playstation when it comes to gaming, and even Microsoft knows this, but it's entertainment options and features are what will keep it in living rooms for years to come.

Don't take my word on it, though. Boogie2988 is a youtube star, and he recently had Xbox's Major Nelson in his home with an Xbox One in tow for some Xbox showcasing. Here are his verdicts, and I very much agree with nearly everything he has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZiA_qzYA4

Oh yeah. Resogun & Killzone: Shadowfall are the greatest graphical games ever made on any console. Both are exclusive to Playstation, one of them is free, and both of them are absolutely amazing in nearly every aspect. Console-buyers.

You can't go wrong either way in this instance, but it all comes down to preference. If you're a gamer first, Playstation 4 is the way to go. If you are media first, Xbox One is the way to go. Obviously in a perfect world we'd have all of the consoles available to us, but it isn't a perfect world, and I don't have $1,500 to spend on three consoles. To be quite honest, I've played all three consoles, and all I need is my PS4. It already does everything I want & need it to do. If I purchased and Xbox One or a Wii U it would just sit in the entertainment center taking up space.

There's three factors here, in my mind. Preference, Friends & Exclusives. If your friends are on Xbox Live, you LOVE being able to integrate your cable box with your system AND you love Halo & Forza, well, the decision here is easy. However, if you prefer gaming to media, you love Halo & Forza and friends aren't a factor, well, you have a decision to make. Or you can just buy both and get the best of both worlds.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Playstation 4 will eventually have nearly ALL of Xbox One's features, including full voice command support and gesture support. It actually already has all of that, but in a simplified form at this time. The only thing Xbox One will have over PS4 from an immersion standpoint is the Cable box integration, which honestly, is pretty damn bad ass.

I'm a gamer at heart. I'll play my PS4 for a long time and enjoy the hell out of it. PSN is no longer playing second fiddle to Xbox Live, as it's new UI is just as good and the benefits of PS+ are arguably better at this point, and have been for a for about a year now. With a new cloud gaming service hitting PSN in the near future that'll allow games, including PS3 and PS2 games, to be streamed to the console, PS4 will be the ultimate gaming system by far, and I am very excited about the future.

And as a quick note, both the PS4 and Xbox One have been taken apart and examined, and the Xbox One actually operates at a higher core temperature than the PS4 on a consistent basis. A lot of people were concerned that with the PS4 being so much smaller than the Xbox One that Sony may be pushing the limits, but in this case, the smaller PS4 design actually seems to be a benefit more than a downside. Sony has been developing hardware for a long time now, and it's no secret that they are superior in that standpoint. Software was the big question heading into this generation of gaming, and Playstation is putting up a fight in those regards now as well.

Also, the "Live from Playstation" application that comes installed on all systems is unbelievable! Twitch.tv and USTREAM are brilliantly integrated into every PS4 system, and the LFP application allows you to watch other PS4 users' Live-streams from those respective platforms and actually interact with them and even JOIN them on a multiplayer game in the near future!

If you are a live-stream, video recording and game-contest posting kind of guy, and social media integration is important, again, PS4 is the best choice.

IowaSteeler927
11-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Honestly you can't go wrong with either system. They're both going to be epic. I think if you're tied down to one system and you're obsessed with a little bit of graphical difference then the PS4 would be for you, if you're tied down to one system and you like something that has entertainment features but slightly less graphical prowess then you go with the Xbox ONE. I fit into the demographic that just loves games in general so I'll go out of my way to own both so I can play all the exclusives. Being able to play Halo and Last of Us will be epic and it'll eat up tons of my free time.

Wagen
11-29-2013, 11:42 AM
I will most likely end up getting both. The only thing in question is which one first.

In the last generation, I went for the 360 first, largely due to the disc read error death of my PS2 coincided with the release of the 360.

I was leaning towards the X1, but was turned of by having to have the Kinect.

I'm not paranoid about being spied on, and I know that it doesn't need to be switched on for the console to work. I'm just not interested in it, and I don't want to spend probably 100 on something I'm not interested in.

In other words this.....

http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img4492.gif

.....is not my idea of gaming heaven.

Bayz101
11-29-2013, 12:09 PM
I will most likely end up getting both. The only thing in question is which one first.

In the last generation, I went for the 360 first, largely due to the disc read error death of my PS2 coincided with the release of the 360.

I was leaning towards the X1, but was turned of by having to have the Kinect.

I'm not paranoid about being spied on, and I know that it doesn't need to be switched on for the console to work. I'm just not interested in it, and I don't want to spend probably 100 on something I'm not interested in.

In other words this.....

http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img4492.gif

.....is not my idea of gaming heaven.

If you're a gamer first, grab a PS4. Playstation Plus is a service that any gamer would love to have, giving you two free games the minute you buy the console and one free game every month after that. On top of that, PS4 is the overall better gaming console. It's got great entertainment apps, too, and the camera is sold separately and not required.

If you want to be able to run your cable television through your system and enjoy good gaming, grab an Xbox One. The camera it comes with isn't worth the extra $100 no matter what anyone says. My PS4 has voice controls and gesture control via the OPTIONAL camera purchase and I never use either with the damn controller sitting directly next to me.

While the technology is cool, it's a far-cry from revolutionary and certainly isn't necessary for an extra fee.

Bayz101
11-29-2013, 12:22 PM
In fact, I am able to start a game, leave a game, enter the internet browser, leave the internet browser and re-enter the game, all with my voice. The PS4 comes with a headset and the camera can understand voice commands and gesture support with be patched in earlier. My voice control options will also be patched in later, and they said the PS4 could even support the same TV Guide options Xbox One has in the future with the release of an HDMI multi-port in the future.

Wagen
11-29-2013, 12:54 PM
In fact, I am able to start a game, leave a game, enter the internet browser, leave the internet browser and re-enter the game, all with my voice. The PS4 comes with a headset and the camera can understand voice commands and gesture support with be patched in earlier. My voice control options will also be patched in later, and they said the PS4 could even support the same TV Guide options Xbox One has in the future with the release of an HDMI multi-port in the future.

I'm waiting for the Christmas Ruck and Maul to finish, and will get a PS4 in the new year.

I was undecided, but I am only really interested in using consoles for gaming, and the mandatory Kinect is a bit of a turn off for me.

Bayz101
11-29-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm waiting for the Christmas Ruck and Maul to finish, and will get a PS4 in the new year.

I was undecided, but I am only really interested in using consoles for gaming, and the mandatory Kinect is a bit of a turn off for me.

If you're a gamer, you won't be disappointed. Sony took a HUGE lead in the exclusive games department with PS3 in the end, as it did with overall sales and online service bonuses. They put out some of the best exclusive games of the generation, and they put them out one after another. While the trademark series (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet) continued to dominate exclusive games, they even put out new exclusive titles such as Heavy Rain, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls which have all been praised, two of which have won Game of the Year awards.

If Playstation 4 continues the Exclusive gaming trend it start with PS3, it'll dominate again, this time from the start. Couple that with the features it brings to the table AND Playstation Plus giving you free games and content every month, an it'll be hard to get a better deal for your money.

All i'm saying is this. Right now, Xbox One does a few things better than the Playstation 4 at launch, and with PS4 being the stronger console, it can undoubtedly do the same things Xbox One can do in the future. Right now, however, they are fully concentrated on creating the best gaming experience for us, and they are not shy about it, either.

IowaSteeler927
11-30-2013, 02:51 AM

Make sure to read up on the Xbox ONE as well. The PS4 is more powerful in the graphics department but that doesn't automatically mean it's the best gaming system out there. I'm buying both ultimately because each console has it's exclusive titles that I want to play but I've been mightily impressed with my Xbox ONE so far.

Don't let the Kinect discourage you. I hated the first Kinect that came out with the 360 and felt like it was a gimmick more than anything. The Kinect 2.0 that comes packaged with the Xbox ONE has a lot better technology powering it. It's actually quite refreshing to be able to command my system to do everything via voice commands and yet still have the option to do everything the old school way with a controller and/or a remote control. The added entertainment features are fantastic as well. I really wasn't so sure about hooking up my satellite TV to my Xbox ONE but decided to try it out and now I don't think I'd go back to having it separate. It's so nice to be able to check in on my favorite shows and switch between games to television on the fly with voice commands. You can literally tell it "Xbox watch NFL" and it jumps right to the NFL network. Much more fluid than searching around for a remote and fumbling through menus with the controller.

The Kinect also recognizes me when I sit down in front of my TV and turn my Xbox ONE on and it automatically logs me in based on facial recognition. No more dicking around with the sign in menu and selecting my profile, putting in passwords, etc... It just logs me in automatically. It's absolutely effortless. The Kinect is much improved over the older version and I honestly think developers might start taking it seriously this time around. It will be interesting to see how it gets utilized in games for this next generation.

If games are your thing you might consider the Xbox ONE first. The launch lineup is a little better than the Playstation's with a few more games to choose from, and Titanfall (which looks, AMAZING) is coming out in March 2014.

Ultimately it's your decision but I thought I'd just plead the XB1's case a little bit as I own it and I've been very happy with it so far. Can't go wrong with either and if you're planning on buying both, good on you because I don't do brand loyalty for anything other than cars myself. The future of gaming is bright indeed.

Wagen
12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
There are currently problems in Europe and the UK with running satellite and cable TV through the XB1, due to frame rate conversion.

The XB1 is set up for broadcasts with 60hz frame rate, which is the US standard, but in Europe, it is 50hz. This is causing the picture to become juddery.

As for the Kinect. The functions you have explained do sound good, but at the moment, I am more inclined to wait and see what Devs do with it, and how it generally pans out.

I'd rather MS make me want a Kinect, than make it mandatory with their console. Especially as it's mandatory inclusion is reflected by the basic bundle being 80 more expensive than its rival.

Bayz101
12-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Xbox One's upper-hand (cable integration) is now confirmed as not working outside of the US. Don't let anyone say otherwise: Kinect is NOT a system seller. It's barely ahead of the Playstation Camera. It's mandatory, and to top it all off, the Playstation Camera is a better voice recognition option with its powerful dual microphones. Sony will always make better hardware. They've been at this for a very long time.

Wagen
12-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Xbox One's upper-hand (cable integration) is now confirmed as not working outside of the US. Don't let anyone say otherwise: Kinect is NOT a system seller. It's barely ahead of the Playstation Camera. It's mandatory, and to top it all off, the Playstation Camera is a better voice recognition option with its powerful dual microphones. Sony will always make better hardware. They've been at this for a very long time.

The Kinect won't be a system seller without a game that shows us the kind of potential MS believes it has. It may even be a drag on sales until such a game is made.

MS have staked a heck of a lot on it. So I'd be surprised if they haven't got something in the pipeline.

IowaSteeler927
12-03-2013, 03:16 AM
The Kinect won't be a system seller without a game that shows us the kind of potential MS believes it has. It may even be a drag on sales until such a game is made.

MS have staked a heck of a lot on it. So I'd be surprised if they haven't got something in the pipeline.

I like it just for the fact that I can use it to operate my system, and if you enjoy uploading your own gameplay videos the connect allows you to add your own commentary to your DVR'd gaming clips, and you can also shoot your own videos to add on to your gameplay clips or have it appear frame-in-frame with your gameplay clips.

So far I've actually used it in Madden 25. You can call your audibles, hike the ball, and perform other functions with your Kinect. You can also use it in Battlefield for to turn your head and look in vehicles, and you can turn on Kinect leaning. So if you want to shoot around a corner you actually physically lean over and your character in game leans. It's a bit of a touchy feature so you have to get the sensitivity set right but it comes in handy from time to time.

IowaSteeler927
12-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Just a clip I uploaded to Youtube today from my my Xbox ONE DVR and Skydrive. It's short but sweet, hope you guys enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSAP1Kivwc