PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the roster? practice squad? Gimme the 53 man roster!

BigBen2WardPITT
08-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Break it down, position by postition, this should be somehwere either in a local paper or somewhre on the internet... if not we sould create it or we need a link to it here! I can specualte and specualte, but i want some other opinions and a good discussion

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 12:28 AM
afterwatching game tonihgt ... i really have no idea .. no idea what they are gonna do

TasmanianTroy271
08-26-2006, 01:06 AM
QB?s
Ben Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch

RB?s
Willie Parker
Duce Staley
Verron Haynes
John Kuhn

FB?s
Dan Krieder

WR?s

Hines Ward
Cedric Wilson
Nate Washington
Santonio Holmes
Willie Reid
Quincy Morgan
Sean Morey

TE
Heath Miller
Jerame Tuman

C?s
Jeff Hartings
Chukky Okobi
Marvin Phillip

OG?s
Alan Faneca
Kendall Simmons
Chris Kemoeatu

OT?s
Marvel Smith
Max Starks
Trai Essex
Willie Colon

DT?s
Casey Hampton
Chris Hoke
DE?s
Aaron Smith
Brett Kiesel
Rodney Bailey
Shaun Nua

OLB?s
Joey Porter
Clark Haggans
James Harrison
Andre Frazier

ILB?s
James Farrior
Larry Foote
Rian Wallace
Richard Siegler

FS?s
Ryan Clark
Anthony Smith
Tyrone Carter

SS?s
Troy Polamalu
Mike Logan

CB?s
Ike Taylor
Deshea Townsend
Bryant McFadden
Ricardo Colclough
Chidi Iwuoma
ST
Jeff Reed
Chris Gardocki
Greg Warren

Practice Squad

Lee Vickers - DE
Anthony Madison - CB
Shane Boyd - QB
Mike Lorello - S
Orien Harris - DE
Charles Davis - TE

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 01:42 AM
that might be pretty accurate.... How many people do they have on practice squad ?

tony hipchest
08-26-2006, 02:03 AM
good list taztroy. while humes and jacobs have potential they really havent earned a roster spot. someone like morey or iwouma could impact a game at any time. jacobs and humes would be lucky to dress let alone see any playing time. if they did play it seems like they might just turn the ball over and hurt the team, at this point.

TasmanianTroy271
08-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Yea, while I rooted for us to draft Humes, I don't mind at all seeing Kuhn take his spot. I mean, the guy can play FB or RB, and he's shown some promise. And, you've gotta love a Local guy. The only real shake-ups I did were that I cut Kriewaldt, just because Seigler shows so much promise, and both he and Wallace can play either LB spot. And I cut Kirschke because Bailey's been doing very well this preseason. The one that's really up in the air is Nua or Harris... I don't know whats gonna happen there...

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 03:15 AM
i dont have jacobs even making practice squad...... lesser of two evils.. i would go with boyd just because he makes things happen and lead a few drives ( although ended badly )

Haiku_Dirtt
08-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Yea, while I rooted for us to draft Humes, I don't mind at all seeing Kuhn take his spot. I mean, the guy can play FB or RB, and he's shown some promise. And, you've gotta love a Local guy. The only real shake-ups I did were that I cut Kriewaldt, just because Seigler shows so much promise, and both he and Wallace can play either LB spot. And I cut Kirschke because Bailey's been doing very well this preseason. The one that's really up in the air is Nua or Harris... I don't know whats gonna happen there...

Good work man on da list. I wouldn't be cutting Kriewaldt yet though. And Bailey v. Kirschke is a great call too.

The thing about preseason is that the unknowable to us are how the assignments work as planned.

Excellent call on two QB's going forward. And what impresses me about Kuhn is his footwork and the quickness to the line. Funny about Humes because I absolutely didn't like him at Va Tech and still don't. But to his credit he played well and HELD his blocks. Maybe there is more there.

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Humes did make a great block to pick up blitz and made some nice runs after the catch...

redst3
08-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Kuhn could be Merril's ghost....pretty good looking runs last night. I dont think they will keep Omar or Boyd. Cowher looked disgusted after the interception last night and they only gave Omar a few snaps. With Duce playing so poorly they may have to only keep two QBs. Later they can bring in some older guy if Ben goes down. If that happens they are screwed any way.

I dont think they will cut Kre. Lorello has definetly played well this pre-season.

TasmanianTroy271
08-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Yea, the choice about cutting Kriewaldt wasn't really Cutting him as much as Not-Cutting Richard Siegler. The guy's made just about as many plays as Anthony Smith this pre-season.

redst3
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Siegler's been excellent for sure. I think with Kre he is a John Fiala type but with Chiti playing so well maybe kre does become expendable. Great legwork on the post.

83-Steelers-43
08-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Going to wait until after Thursday....

BigBen2WardPITT
08-26-2006, 08:31 PM
i think saying duce is playing poorly already is stupid, i mean how many carries has he had? Its really hard for us to know, but still i wanted to see what ppl thought. I think Humes>Kuhn, just my opinion though

redst3
08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
i think saying duce is playing poorly already is stupid, i mean how many carries has he had?

He's had enough to see that he is slow and out of shape, and that he isn't getting it done.

redst3
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Staley has had 23 carries- more than any other back.

He has run for a total of 46 yards...a 2.0 average. he has 2 catches for 7 yards.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/PIT/2006/pre

BigBen2WardPITT
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
whatever i still think u guys are bein too harsh on him.

vicsportsaddict
08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Excellent call on two QB's going forward. And what impresses me about Kuhn is his footwork and the quickness to the line. Funny about Humes because I absolutely didn't like him at Va Tech and still don't. But to his credit he played well and HELD his blocks. Maybe there is more there.

vicsportsaddict
08-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Well, hope to see soon

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I'll take a stab at it.

Quarterbacks-2
Ben Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch

Running Backs-5
Verron Haynes
Dan Kreider
John Kuhn
Willie Parker
Cedric Humes

Tight Ends-2
Heath Miller
Jerame Tuman

Wide Receivers-7
Santonio Holmes
Sean Morey
Willie Reid
Hines Ward
Nate Washington
Cedrick Wilson
Quincy Morgan

Centers-2
Jeff Hartings
Chukky Okobi

Guards-3
Alan Faneca
Chris Kemoeatu
Kendall Simmons

Tackles-5
Ulish Booker
Willie Colon
Trai Essex
Marvel Smith
Max Starks

Nose Tackles-2
Casey Hampton
Chris Hoke

Defensive Ends-4
Brett Keisel
Travis Kirschke
Shaun Nua
Aaron Smith

Inside Linebackers-4
James Farrior
Larry Foote
Clint Kriewaldt
Richard Seigler

Outside Linebackers-4
Andre Frazier
Clark Haggans
James Harrison
Joey Porter

Cornerbacks-5
Chidi Iwuoma
Bryant McFadden
Ike Taylor
Deshea Townsend
Ricardo Colclough

Safeties-5
Ryan Clark
Tyrone Carter
Troy Polamalu
Anthony Smith
Mike Logan

Punters-1
Chris Gardocki

Placekicker-1
Jeff Reed

Longsnapper-1
Greg Warren

Shane Boyd makes the Practice Squad.
Duce Staley, Lee Mays, Barrett Brooks, Rian Wallace the noticeable cuts.
I know keeping 7 receivers is a stretch but a very slight maybe, Quincy Morgan could be the odd man out.
If Duce sticks around I think Humes goes on the PS.

Midnightwriter07
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
will be interesting, is almost time !!!