PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis Breaks legs *HOAX*

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Ray Lewis Breaks Both Legs In Car Accident

THIS STORY IS STILL DEVELOPING...

Baltimore May 27, 2013 30 minutes ago...

A spokesperson for the Baltimore highway safety authority (HSA) has confirmed that Ray Lewis has broken both of his legs in a traffic altercation. He has been transported via ambulance to a local Baltimore hospital for treatment, and the full extent of his injuries are not known at this time, however, both of his legs were visibly broken and not life threatening according to sources.

The accident involved a 2012 BMW driven by Ray Lewis and a 76 year old female driver in a 2010 Audi. The driver of the Audi was issued a citation for failing to stop at a red light before striking the vehicle driven by Ray Lewis at a high rate of speed.

Team spokespersons could not be reached for comment at this time.

Additional details and information will be updated as it becomes available. This story is still developing

http://ray.lewis.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Baltimore

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 10:41 PM
This is the same story that was made up about Ben a month or so ago. Almost positive it's fake.

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Reports that this is a hoax. Does anyone know for sure?

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Ray Lewis Car Accident? Internet Hoax Claims Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Breaks Both Legs

Ray Lewis broke both of his legs in a car accident. At least that's what the Internet is saying. However the Baltimore Ravens linebacker didn't break his legs because he was never in a car accident. Ray Lewis is the victim of an Internet hoax.

"A spokesperson for the Baltimore highway safety authority (HSA) has confirmed that Ray Lewis has broken both of his legs in a traffic altercation. He has been transported via ambulance to a local Baltimore hospital for treatment, and the full extent of his injuries are not known at this time, however, both of his legs were visibly broken and not life threatening according to sources.

The accident involved a 2012 BMW driven by Ray Lewis and a 76 year old female driver in a 2010 Audi. The driver of the Audi was issued a citation for failing to stop at a red light before striking the vehicle driven by Ray Lewis at a high rate of speed.

Team spokespersons could not be reached for comment at this time."

Since there are so many details to the story, it is easy to believe that it's real, but Global Associated News creates fake reports using a generator.

A message at the bottom of the site reads:
"FAKE... THIS STORY IS 100% FAKE! this is an entertainment website, and this is a totally fake article based on zero truth and is a complete work of fiction for entertainment purposes! this story was dynamically generated using a generic 'template' and is not factual. Any reference to specific individuals has been 100% fabricated by web site visitors who have created fake stories by entering a name into a blank 'non-specific' template for the purpose of entertainment."

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and Carolina Panther's quarterback Cam Newton became the victim of the same exact hoax a few months ago.

Lewis did not get in a car accident and he did not break both of his legs. Yet fans of the football star have taken to Twitter to discuss the rumor which they believe is true.

Some examples of tweets include:

"Old white lady runs a red light and hit Ray Lewis's car... He breaks both legs... Sheesh"

"Hope a speedy recovery @raylewis thank you for the ring you the gawd you can have my legs"

"So according to mediafetcher. com, Ray Lewis was just in a car accident which resulted in two broken legs..."

"Ray Lewis just broke both his legs in a car accident!!!! I hope he's gonna be alright!!!"

http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/6402/20130527/ray-lewis-car-accident-internet-hoax-claims-baltimore-ravens-linebacker-breaks-both-legs.htm

Yep, seems to be a hoax.

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Yep. Here's the Ben article:

A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania highway safety authority (HSA) has confirmed that Ben Roethlisberger has broken both of his legs in a traffic altercation. He has been transported via ambulance to a local Pennsylvania hospital for treatment, and the full extent of his injuries are not known at this time, however, both of his legs were visibly broken and not life threatening according to sources.

The accident involved a 2012 BMW driven by Ben Roethlisberger and a 76 year old female driver in a 2010 Audi. The driver of the Audi was issued a citation for failing to stop at a red light before striking the vehicle driven by Ben Roethlisberger at a high rate of speed.

Team spokespersons could not be reached for comment at this time.

Additional details and information will be updated as it becomes available. This story is still developing

http://ben.roethlisberger.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Pennsylvania

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Yoi! :laughing:

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Lebron James also broke both his legs today. Odd.

http://lebron.james.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Pennsylvania

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
That 76 year old woman driver drove from Maryland to Pennsylvania with stealth speed, and not a state cop in sight. :chuckle:

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Hmm. Turns out you can type in any name. Example: Daniel.Sepulveda

http://daniel.sepulveda.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Pennsylvania

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 11:34 PM
That 76 year old woman driver drove from Maryland to Pennsylvania with stealth speed, and not a state cop in sight. :chuckle:

I heard you broke both of your legs.

http://lady.steel.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Pennsylvania

and that you're a male...

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 11:40 PM
:toofunny:

Dammit, Bayz! I want my vagina back! :laughing:

And send flowers. Expensive ones.

And beer.

Bayz101
05-27-2013, 11:49 PM
:toofunny:

Dammit, Bayz! I want my vagina back! :laughing:

And send flowers. Expensive ones.

And beer.

I'll send you some top of the line plastic flowers. They last forever, right? Oh, and some Natty Light, or Busch. Your choice. :chuckle:

:cya:

Lady Steel
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
(cheapskate)

NSMaster56
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Hmm. Turns out you can type in any name. Example: Daniel.Sepulveda

http://daniel.sepulveda.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash.php?location=Pennsylvania

Daniel Sepulveda wouldn't need to get in a car accident to break both legs.

It could happen if he merely sneezed.

Buddha Bus
05-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I'll send you some top of the line plastic flowers. They last forever, right? Oh, and some Natty Light, or Busch. Your choice. :chuckle:

:cya:

You been taking dating tips from Lumber?

43Hitman
05-31-2013, 09:48 AM
(cheapskate)

You'll notice that he never said he'd give you your vagina back. :toofunny:

Bayz101
05-31-2013, 10:07 AM
You'll notice that he never said he'd give you your vagina back. :toofunny:

And here I thought that little detail went unnoticed. :oops:

Gotta go.:uhh: :cya:

Vis
05-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Somehow a disembodied vagina has less appeal.

And speaking of disembodied vaginas, how's Flacco doing in the OTAs?

JonM229
05-31-2013, 10:48 AM
He's apparently put on 8 pounds of upper body muscle mass prior to showing up for the OTAs. Maybe he's trying to make himself harder to bring down, since his arm strength is still great. I wouldn't mind having Flacco's arm with Roethlisberger's toughness.

Lady Steel
06-05-2013, 08:47 PM
And here I thought that little detail went unnoticed. :oops:

Gotta go.:uhh: :cya:

I'm not talking to you right now, and you know why! :dramaqueen: