PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith. Anthony Smith.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-26-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't really have anything else to say except we got OUR GUY - a STEELER. And to those who watched Syracuse football day in and day out obviously no surprise to you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2006, 03:48 AM
That hit he made last night made both me and my son stand up and laugh our butts off!!! I havnt seen a hit like that in a long time!!!!

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Awesome special teams hit. Now if he can do that on D. Then we got our man

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Awesome special teams hit. Now if he can do that on D. Then we got our man

For about three or four minutes..Reed couldn't have told you if he was at a home or away game:injured:

HometownGal
08-26-2006, 06:26 AM
I don't really have anything else to say except we got OUR GUY - a STEELER. And to those who watched Syracuse football day in and day out obviously no surprise to you.

I wholeheartedly agree. Anthony Smith has definitely earned his roster spot and after his play last night, I'm sure the coaches agree. :smile:

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 06:31 AM
The kid is an absolute ball hawk....and he can DESTROY people....

He will see game time this year..and possibly start next year....:cool: :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2006, 06:37 AM
The kid is an absolute ball hawk....and he can DESTROY people....

He will see game time this year..and possibly start next year....:cool: :cool:

His hit on Reed last night reminded me of the hit that Lloyd put on Marino..remember that?...Marino started to go to the wrong sideline and one of his teammates had to grab him by the shoulders and steer him in the right direction.:sofunny: :sofunny:
Was it Steve Young that got knocked out the field and fell on the ball during a Steeler game?..and you could see Porter arguing with the ref that you cant recover a fumble when your asleep!!!???

redst3
08-26-2006, 08:30 AM
LLT, glad you found togetherness...My wife and my son and I were laughing and hooting about it. We even backed up the tape during the commercial. The coolest part was when the poor guy landed face down.....

LambertIsGod58
08-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I won't say overall, but that hit was Ronnie Lott like!!! I've been talking this kid up since we drafted him...

ajs8207
08-26-2006, 09:24 AM
We probably don't need Morey if Smith can keep doing that on special teams.

tony hipchest
08-26-2006, 09:51 AM
the knock on him in the draft was that he was slow. did he look slow to anyone? dude was blazing. steelers said tape showed he had great football speed. shows again why you cant draft on combine numbers alone.

i remember hearing or reading that dallas really wanted this guy. you can bet that if we didnt get him he would be STARTING alongside roy williams this season and probably having quite an impact in that defense.

anything that keeps dallas weaker is a good thing to me.

Mosca
08-26-2006, 10:26 AM
The guy is quick as hell. We could always use the roster spot.

And Cowher should have challenged the "no fumble" call. For those of you who recorded the game, you can see the ball started to come loose while Reed was still upright. Funny the announcers didn't mention it, when they were all over Taylor's mishandling of the attempted interception.

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2006, 10:58 AM

And Cowher should have challenged the "no fumble" call. For those of you who recorded the game, you can see the ball started to come loose while Reed was still upright. Funny the announcers didn't mention it, when they were all over Taylor's mishandling of the attempted interception.

Tom

Good call...it was most certainly a fumble...(not that Reed knew one way or the other)

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I am loving this guy. He is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Him and Nate Washington are young up and comers.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Funny the announcers didn't mention it, when they were all over Taylor's mishandling of the attempted interception.

With Theisman in the booth....don't expect it. They guys a A-wipe when it comes to the Steelers. Of course once again we had to be reminded of "his injury." Hey Joe just a note....no one cares. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Mosca
08-26-2006, 12:25 PM
LOL, did you hear when he was talking about "Ward has a hamstring, Smith has a hamstring, blah blah blah" and one of the other announcers says, "Everyone has a hamstring, Joe."

I hate Theismann as an announcer. He's such a moron.

Tom

ajs8207
08-26-2006, 03:19 PM

Tom

The Eagles recovered the fumble anyway.

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
hem ight have challenged it if Smith came up with it. The Eagles recovered so would have been a mute point eh ?