PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed uncertain he'll play Week 1 for Houston Texans

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Ed Reed uncertain he'll play Week 1 for Houston Texans
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: June 5, 2013 at 03:53 p.m.

The Houston Texans signed Ed Reed without expecting him to get hip surgery. They mostly have downplayed the injury, although defensive coordinator Wade Phillips admitted he's a little "concerned" about Reed's availability.

Even Reed isn't sure if he'll be back for the regular season.

"I plan on being back for Week 1," Reed told BaltimoreRavens.com after his visit to White House. "But as you've known me for the longest time, I'm going to be smart about my injuries and make sure I'm there for the later part of the season when the team really needs me."

(Reed More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209595/article/ed-reed-uncertain-hell-play-week-1-for-houston-texans

__________________________________________________ __________

Reed's done. He sucked up one last contract and is going to gimp his way out the door after this season while doing as little as possible.

sw04ca
06-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Doesn't Reed do this pretty much every year? If Reed missed the opener I would be surprised.

Vis
06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Hope they put a clause on the contract to deal with his pre-existing injuries.

On second thought, I don't care.

JonM229
06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Reed's done. He sucked up one last contract and is going to gimp his way out the door after this season while doing as little as possible.

There's a saying in Baltimore: "In Ozzie we trust"

Now he looks like a goddamn genius.

JonM229
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Ed Reed Says Tom Brady's Kick Responsible For Injury (http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/11/texans-ed-reed-tom-brady-responsible-for-hip-injury/?sct=uk_t2_a8)

Houston Texans safety Ed Reed said his recent hip injury occurred when New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady kicked him in the AFC championship game.

Brady kicked Reed while sliding to the ground during the Ravens’ 28-13 victory on their way to a Super Bowl championship. Brady was later fined $10,000 by the NFL for unnecessary roughness. Reed then had surgery April 30 to repair a partly torn labrum.

“The only play I could look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback,” Reed said Tuesday at Texans minicamp, via Comcast SportsNet Houston. “But even then, I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there.”

“If you ask my trainer and ask my doctor, they can’t believe where I’m at now,” Reed said. “It’s still a process. We want to be smart through it. At the end of the day, the smartest thing is to be ready when it really counts — and that’s the latter part of the season when you’re making that run to the playoffs and on to the Super Bowl.”

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
he's over the hill anyway

JonM229
06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
You're over the hill

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
so is your face.. oh snap

just messin, you're actually cool for a ravens fan :chuckle:

JonM229
06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
so is your face.. oh snap

just messin, you're actually cool for a ravens fan :chuckle:

No worries, I laughed at that. I am typically automatic with a "your face" or "your mom" response. It gets a little uncomfortable if someone's mom is sick or dead, especially when I already know that.