PDA

View Full Version : $590 Million Powerball Winner Is an 84-Year-Old Woman

Atlanta Dan
06-05-2013, 04:29 PM
The winner of the huge Powerball jackpot is 84 years old - imagine being named in her will and sweating out what you will get after she has a new one written:noidea:

An elderly Florida woman has claimed the $590 million Powerball bonanza and revealed that she bought the winning ticket when another person waiting to buy a ticket let her jump the line.

Gloria C. Mackenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla., was named the winner of the largest Powerball jackpot in history, but was not present at the televised press conference.

Florida Lottery officials read a statement from her in which the elderly woman said:

"We bought the winning ticket as a single ticket, even though we bought four other tickets before the drawing. While in line at Publix another lottery player was kind enough to let me go ahead of them in line to purchase the winning Quick Pick ticket. ...

"The winner opted to take the lump sum cash payout of $370.8 million, before taxes, instead of 30 annual payments of $19 million," lottery spokeswoman Cynthia O'Connell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-record-winner-84-year-woman-gloria-mackenzie/story?id=19331310#.Ua-sdNj4Jr0

Bad karma for whomever let her jump the line the buy the winning ticket:banging:

Vis
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM
The winner of the huge Powerball jackpot is 84 years old - imagine being named in her will and sweating out what you will get after she has a new one written:noidea:

An elderly Florida woman has claimed the $590 million Powerball bonanza and revealed that she bought the winning ticket when another person waiting to buy a ticket let her jump the line.

Gloria C. Mackenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla., was named the winner of the largest Powerball jackpot in history, but was not present at the televised press conference.

Florida Lottery officials read a statement from her in which the elderly woman said:

"We bought the winning ticket as a single ticket, even though we bought four other tickets before the drawing. While in line at Publix another lottery player was kind enough to let me go ahead of them in line to purchase the winning Quick Pick ticket. ...

"The winner opted to take the lump sum cash payout of $370.8 million, before taxes, instead of 30 annual payments of $19 million," lottery spokeswoman Cynthia O'Connell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-record-winner-84-year-woman-gloria-mackenzie/story?id=19331310#.Ua-sdNj4Jr0

Bad karma for whomever let her jump the line the buy the winning ticket:banging:

She's my favorite great aunt

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:00 PM
i have a grandma position open..wonder if she'd be interested...:scratchchin:

jacobo
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
so the winners are her teenage grandchildren.

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
so the winners are her teenage grandchildren.

No... her 92 cats.

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
reminds me of the time i was traveling up the interstate going to see a movie , when we hit a few miles of backed up accident traffic. one lane was moving slowly the other 2 not at all. guy in the moving lane stopped and let me in. just after the traffic cop let me go through he stopped the guy and everyone else to get the cleanup crew in position ... i made the movie just in time....poor bastard that let me in probably waited another hour....:doh:

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:09 PM
....poor bastard that let me in probably waited another hour....:doh:

AND missed the goddamned movie.

Fire Arians
06-05-2013, 05:13 PM
damn. enjoy retirement, better late than never haha

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:13 PM
AND missed the goddamned movie.
i was going to the movies , i don't know where that poor bastard was going but i do know it took him awhile to get there ...:toofunny:

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
i was going to the movies , i don't know where that poor bastard was going but i do know it took him awhile to get there ...:toofunny:

I meant he was probably headed to see the same movie and you fucked him royal out of seeing the surprise ending to "The Crying Game".

Bayz101
06-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Hmm. Grandma? Is that you?

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Hmm. Grandma? Is that you?

What a douche. Attempting to trick old, senile people out of their money like that. You'd probably put a pillow over her face as soon as her eyes closed too, wouldn't ya?

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I meant he was probably headed to see the same movie and you fucked him royal out of seeing the surprise ending to "The Crying Game".
lol...i hope so..all i know is i was grateful because i had a 4 year old in the back that woulda been pretty disappointed to miss "the toy story" .

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:31 PM
What a douche. Attempting to trick old, senile people out of their money like that. You'd probably put a pillow over her face as soon as her eyes closed too, wouldn't ya?
:rofl:

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:33 PM
lol...i hope so..all i know is i was grateful because i had a 4 year old in the back that woulda been pretty disappointed to miss "the toy story" .

What the hell was Bagz doin' in your back seat?

MasterOfPuppets
06-05-2013, 05:39 PM
What the hell was Bagz doin' in your back seat?
hittin on my grandma

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 05:44 PM
hittin on my grandma

Probably with a baseball bat if she has cash.

Atlanta Dan
06-05-2013, 06:05 PM
i have a grandma position open..wonder if she'd be interested...:scratchchin:

Your standards are higher than mine - wonder is she is single:noidea:

Buddha Bus
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
wonder is she is single:noidea:

Yes... in the amount of years she has left.

It's counted in minutes if Bagz is around. :heh: