PDA

View Full Version : white dude with speed and strength!

19ward86
08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
JOHN KUHN? this guy came out of nowhere yet he is having the best preseason out of all of our running backs. duce 2 ypc.verron 2.5 ypc. KUHN 4.3 ypc, i think this guy had no chance at getting signed as our fullback but how he has been running he has a chance to become our replacement for bettis. ive watched him all 3 weeks and he has done a fantastic job at getting the 1st down. id rather have him,parker,humes in the backfield than staley,parker,haynes. haynes is an old FB but he couldnt block, staley is old.

2006 RUNNING BACKS
1-Willie Parker
2-John Kuhn
3-Cedric Humes
-make your own adjustments to the depth chart-

Stillers#1
08-26-2006, 04:35 PM
I like Kuhn too, but either Haynes or Duce will be in the mix, I can see us going with 4 RB's again this year.

ajs8207
08-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Haynes will make the team. I think we will keep 4 rbs again.

steelermaniacXL
08-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I dunno... but without the Bus we need all the help we can get

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 05:34 PM
I really like what I am seeing from Kuhn. He runs very strong and could be a good guy for short yardage.

1. Willie Parker
2. Verron Haynes
3. John Kuhn
4. Cedric Humes

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Umm...sorry to burst the Humes bubble here...but cowher didnt even play him last night....that should tell ya something....:cool: :cool:

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 06:15 PM
He played last night. Just not too much I believe lol

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
He played last night. Just not too much I believe lol

he was in for the final series...I guess..in my humble...if this kid was really in the mix...he would have gotten some carries...

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 06:19 PM
This could be true. But I think they might keep him around. If not on the 53 man then on the PS.

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Dont get me wrong....I kinda like the kid..and i wanted to get a better look at him...I still think Duce isnt going anywhere though.....:cool: :cool:

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh, I know what you meant BnG. I'm on the side that thinks Duce is gone. I still am disappointed about the Duckett thing!

19ward86
08-26-2006, 06:30 PM
i think duce is leavin, even if he doesnt get traded. im not a duce fan, he has been ok through his career but nothing special, he isnt a power back he is just a fatback

Dook
08-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Humes has shown nothing. He is smaller than expected so he can't get that extra yard when you need it, he does not have speed or the ability to shift his feet, and he runs without effort. I'd be extremely surprised if he makes the team.

Kuhn has done well against second stringers but I think he makes the team as a 4th RB because he can also be a FB and possibly TE as well.

I don't see us cutting Duce unless we plan on replacing him with someone. Letting him go would only save something like half a million in salary cap. Even though he's not the RB he used to be he's still better than nothing at all.

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I really like what I am seeing from Kuhn. He runs very strong and could be a good guy for short yardage.

1. Willie Parker
2. Verron Haynes
3. John Kuhn
4. Cedric Humes

This also seems most accurate to me!

HometownGal
08-26-2006, 08:34 PM
I haven't given up on Duce just yet, but I'm getting closer. I'm trying to be fair and give him a chance to shake off the rust - the guy hasn't played much in 2 seasons. I want to give him a couple more games to see if he is just rusty or out of gas.

That being said, however, I have to agree with Pros here and go with:

1) Willie Parker
2) Verron Haynes
3) Cedric Humes
4) John Kuhn

Kay sera sera. :smile:

Dynasty
08-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Most likely the Steelers running back depth chart is as follows:

1) Willie Parker: Starter
2) Verron Haynes: Change-of-Pace, 3rd down type back
3) John Kuhn: Goal line, occasionally change of pace
4) Duce Staley: Used very sparingly

Practice Squad) Cedric Humes

As the season goes on, what will likely happen is we will see less of Duce and even more of Kuhn. That is unless Staley surprises us all and has a spectacular season.

TasmanianTroy271
08-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Just some numbers to crunch...

While everyone has been calling Duce fat, John Kuhn is 2 inches taller than Staley and is 13 pounds heavier. Runs a little better still, eh? He also weighs the same as Danny Krieder. I hate to say it, but in 2007 when Danny's contract is up, I have a feeling we won't be signing him back. Kuhn is here to stay.

Stillers#1
08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Most likely the Steelers running back depth chart is as follows:

1) Willie Parker: Starter
2) Verron Haynes: Change-of-Pace, 3rd down type back
3) John Kuhn: Goal line, occasionally change of pace
4) Duce Staley: Used very sparingly

Practice Squad) Cedric Humes

As the season goes on, what will likely happen is we will see less of Duce and even more of Kuhn. That is unless Staley surprises us all and has a spectacular season.

I think Willie is going to get the goal-line duties. Just my humble opinion.

Midnightwriter07
08-26-2006, 11:22 PM
?? Krieder isnt going anywhere at all. He will be a Steeler.. I like Kuhn as a runner, but i havnt seen him used a blocking FB yet and to me right now, there is not a better FB in the game as Krieder and he wont cost much since he doesnt get the ball. Krieder stays here in the burgh till his career is done

I agree with the ... Parker Haynes, Kuhn ...Staley : Humes practive squad at this point.

steelermaniacXL
08-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I dunno... but without the Bus we need all the help we can get

Why was I warned by administration for using inappropriate language for this post?!?!?!?!:dang:

Livinginthe past
08-27-2006, 04:22 PM
So im looking at that depth chart and it looks pretty weak to me.

There doesn't appear to be a single proven runner - Willie had a good year last year, and he is rumored to be taking the short yardage stuff this year aswell - but surely this opens him up to the increased possibility of injury (unless he has bulked up a hell of a alot)?

Im guessing that Cowher must have a lot of faith in Fast Willie (the way he has been praising him at every opportunity) - that he can be the every down back.

When you look at the 4 names mentioned you have wonder why the Steelers didn't go RB a little higher than the 7th round in the draft.

NM

PisnNapalm
08-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Kuhn is listed as 6 feet tall and 255 pounds. 7 years younger than Duce.

PisnNapalm
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
When you look at the 4 names mentioned you have wonder why the Steelers didn't go RB a little higher than the 7th round in the draft.

NM

Duce was supposed to be the short yardage back to replace Jerome. Willie will still do what he does. Rip off 75 yards at a time. :oP but Jerome was the one we needed to replace.

Other than Bus, our backs are the same no? They worked last year.

I too have liked what I've seen of Kuhn.

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 05:44 PM
he was in for the final series...I guess..in my humble...if this kid was really in the mix...he would have gotten some carries...

He may not have played that much because of a lot of the starters were getting a lot of the minutes since this is the week were starters solidify there position. The Steelers should look into Kuhn for the Short yardage guy. He reminds me a little bit of Jerome. But I don't know why.

Elvis
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
John Kuhn is the going to be the next Mike Alstott.. I would like to see him in there with the starters in a goalline situation early in this next game against a very good Carolina team... Kuhn should get some carries with them and maybe even see some action at FB also... I love him...he is big and tough nosed...if your a True Steelers Fan... you Gotta Love That...
God Bless
Elvis

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow the next Mike Alstott!

Its funny how we pick and choose which parts of pre-season we think are a serious indicator of future performance.

NM

augustashark
08-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Why was I warned by administration for using inappropriate language for this post?!?!?!?!:dang:

I could be wrong here, maybe because you've been here before:

steelermaniac
Banned

Member Number: 1550 Steelers Nation Overwhelming in Detroit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading and hearing that Detroit has already been overtaken by Steeler Nation. That is fine, you can have all the media and the whole country on your side. We have the big man upstairs cheering for us:

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a
faded Colts flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very
special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the
porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3 story
mansion with a BLACK AND GOLD sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flag pole with an
enormous STEELERS flag, and in every window a TERRIBLE Towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I
have a question. I was an all-pro quarterback, I hold many NFL records, and
I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point, Peyton?"

"Well, why does BIG BEN get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said, "Peyton, that's not BEN's house, it's mine.

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 07:05 AM

PM one of the Mods and ask.

DACEB
08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Is it trouble identifying holes, or just can't get to them anymore?

19ward86
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
i like the idea on john kuhn being like alstott but i think it would be closer to be compared to a running back,if he can develope good feet he can be a replica of BETTIS(not exactly like him because bettis is one of a kind.)