PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System Making a Comeback

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone. The reputation system will be making a comeback with some changes. The negative reputation option and the repuation altering power both have been disabled. Another change you will notice is that your reputation level will not be displayed. It will be hidden so only you can see it. Hopefully these changes will eliminate all the problems we had before with the reputation system. Enjoy guys!

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a great solution...thanks to all for working through this!!!!!

:cool: :cool:

CantStop85
08-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Nice...and now even I can see who sent the rep as well lol

Thanks for bringing it back, SF.

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Nice...and now even I can see who sent the rep as well lol

Thanks for bringing it back, SF.

Negative Rep???LOL

HometownGal
08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Thou giveth, thou taketh away and thou giveth back! :cool:

Thanks SF, Pros & 83. :smile:

cleve - LOL! You're a bad, bad man. :blurp:

PisnNapalm
08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Excellent! Thanks for working it out.

CantStop85
08-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Negative Rep???LOL
lol no, there were a lot of times when people would leave positive rep and I wouldn't know who it was from because I'm too broke to contribute. It's nice to be able to know these things now. :blurp:

clevestinks
08-26-2006, 11:00 PM
lol no, there were a lot of times when people would leave positive rep and I wouldn't know who it was from because I'm too broke to contribute. It's nice to be able to know these things now. :blurp:

I can honestly say I never gave you bad reps! Although I`ve thought about it, but it wouldn`t be fair. I know your a Steelers fan trapped in a womens.OOOPpps I`m mean bengals body. LOL just playing dude. you have my respect around here

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Thou giveth, thou taketh away and thou giveth back! :cool:

Thanks SF, Pros & 83. :smile:

cleve - LOL! You're a bad, bad man. :blurp:

Im gonna kinda miss the rep bananas..:crying02:

BlackNGold203
08-27-2006, 08:20 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Theres a reload for ya buddy......:cool: :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Theres a reload for ya buddy......:cool: :cool:

:sofunny: :sofunny: Thanks..much better

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Good to see it's coming back but with changes.

Livinginthe past
08-27-2006, 03:56 PM
More good work from those guys and gals in black'n'gold latex pants - the Steelersfever SuperMods!

:cheers:

NM

BBC
08-27-2006, 04:29 PM
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/8343/heroxq2.jpg

floodcitygirl
08-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Glad you all came up with a plan to makeit work! :smile:

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes it won't be another tirade of no reason negative reping.

SteelShooter
02-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Cool.............................................. ..

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
we used to have a "talley" of points that one could earn by good posts...or lose with rude comments and stupid remarks...the longer you had been here and the more you posted entightled you to give more rep points...the problem was that it wasnt be used very well and became something of a popularity contest....and trolls would purposfully negative rep every post you made

Prosdo
02-19-2007, 12:09 AM
The rep system is a very evil thing....

Preacher
02-19-2007, 04:27 AM
The rep system is a very evil thing....

I don't know about the old thing... However, I like how it is set up now.

If you REALLY like a post, click the rep point.

If not, just move on.

I like that...

Preacher
02-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Speaking of which...

I haven't got a rep point in awhile.

I wonder if I can spend some Bengalbucks to buy a few! :scratchchin:

steelerbackr4life
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I just gave you a rep point because I was coming to this thread to specificaly make fun of the infamous Bengal Buck and you beat me to it.

Preacher
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
ROTFL...

I wasn't fishing... but you all gave me a number of rep points... THANKS TO ALL!! LOLOL

:banana::banana::banana:

Suitanim
02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Speaking of which...

I haven't got a rep point in awhile.

I wonder if I can spend some Bengalbucks to buy a few! :scratchchin:

Here's a hint:

Toss a little death smack my way...the last time that happened the poster got about a 1,000 point bump.

tony hipchest
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Here's a hint:

Toss a little death smack my way...the last time that happened the poster got about a 1,000 point bump.thats right. a certain bungletroll was at the center of our rep system being scrapped. ive wondered why he is still allowed to post personal attacks on this board and go w/o repercussion (or even a post being edited), let alone have so much influence on our rules and policies.

then i remember one of our current non steelerfan mods was responsible for giving out atleast half those points you mention.

go figure

Suitanim
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
thats right. a certain bungletroll was at the center of our rep system being scrapped. ive wondered why he is still allowed to post personal attacks on this board and go w/o repercussion (or even a post being edited), let alone have so much influence on our rules and policies.

then i remember one of our current non steelerfan mods was responsible for giving out atleast half those points you mention.

go figure

Dude, you are SO getting an infraction! How dare you question our superiors?

Tankus_Maximus
02-20-2007, 09:48 AM
thats right. a certain bungletroll was at the center of our rep system being scrapped. ive wondered why he is still allowed to post personal attacks on this board and go w/o repercussion (or even a post being edited), let alone have so much influence on our rules and policies.

go figure

I too remember this T.

Go figure.

Godfather
02-22-2007, 09:27 PM
If a bunghole fan is that bad isn't there an ignore feature???

Preacher
02-24-2007, 12:05 AM
If a bunghole fan is that bad isn't there an ignore feature???

Yep...

I have had to use it for a Pats fan and a Bengals fan.

drew102e
02-26-2007, 10:32 PM
where do rep points show up in yer posts...

is it kinda like a popularity contest or can everyone play

fansince'76
02-26-2007, 10:39 PM
where do rep points show up in yer posts...

is it kinda like a popularity contest or can everyone play

Everyone can play - rep points others have given you show up under "User CP" - if you like a post and would like to give a rep point, simply click on the thumbs-up icon under the poster's avatar. I gave you a rep point just for asking. :thumbsup:

Preacher
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Everyone can play - rep points others have given you show up under "User CP" - if you like a post and would like to give a rep point, simply click on the thumbs-up icon under the poster's avatar. I gave you a rep point just for asking. :thumbsup:

Your so nice!!

I gave you a rep point for giving out a rep point!

:sofunny:

fansince'76
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Your so nice!!

I gave you a rep point for giving out a rep point!

:sofunny:

Thanks, Preacher. I gave you one right back, with no Bungle Bucks required! :sofunny:

Preacher
02-26-2007, 11:24 PM
LOL.. I would give you one back for given me one back...

BUt I think it would somehow crash the rep system!!! LOL

Suitanim
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I have too many rep points, and I could care less one way or the other. In fact, It's not a bad idea to explore the SN idea of letting people remove themselves from the whole caste system if they deign to do so.

I'd be the first out. But, just for fun, is there any way I could redistribute my rep to others? Like some kind of agrarian redistribution of wealth?

verks36
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I have too many rep points, and I could care less one way or the other. In fact, It's not a bad idea to explore the SN idea of letting people remove themselves from the whole caste system if they deign to do so.

I'd be the first out. But, just for fun, is there any way I could redistribute my rep to others? Like some kind of agrarian redistribution of wealth?

That is because steelers fans arent greedy we dont need to fame all we care is about getting the work dont

:helmet: go stillers:helmet:

drew102e
02-28-2007, 10:31 PM

cool thank you http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/jammin.gif
:jammin:

i still dont see it but its nice just knowing its there

fansince'76
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
i still dont see it but its nice just knowing its there

When you first log onto the board, look up towards the upper left and you will see "User CP" (circled in red below). After clicking on "User CP," you will be able to see your rep points. :smile:
http://garys-files.googlegroups.com/web/Screenshot.JPG

drew102e
03-01-2007, 11:49 AM
okay, there they are, i got a dozen, wow, howd that happen?

thanks again for the info, i shall try to give you a rep