PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow to sign w/Patriots

Pages : [1] 2

TRH
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
expected at mini-camp tomorrow (Tuesday)....

Bayz101
06-10-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22385524/report-patriots-signing-tim-tebow-will-be-at-minicamp-tuesday

SteelersCanada
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
I wonder if he'll be playing an H-back sort of role for the Pats.

jacobo
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
guarantee he scores at least five touchdowns this year

jacobo
06-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I wonder if he'll be playing an H-back sort of role for the Pats.

he's gonna do anything belichik wants him to do. some tight end, some running back, fullback, and even throwing the ball. He's not gonna get any snaps at qb as lng as brady is healthy, but I definitely see him getting trick plays designed for him to throw the ball.

Blackout
06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I can't stop laughing.

Fire Arians
06-10-2013, 05:32 PM
bill belichick the evil genius who hasn't signed a good FA since randy moss or drafted anybody noteworthy in years is gonna transform this guy. at least the media would have you believe

Fire Haley
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I hope he does well - that was my plan to use him as a TE/H-back

workinghard
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
There haven't been any good FAs since Randy Moss.

WVABE
06-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Got a feeling he'll be the last one laughing.

Fire Arians
06-10-2013, 07:28 PM
doubt it. he won't even beat ryan mallet for the backup job.

if anything they're just bringing him in to get dirt on the jets offense before cutting him

workinghard
06-10-2013, 08:41 PM
if anything they're just bringing him in to get dirt on the jets offense before cutting him

That's a bonus, but it's not the reason they're bringing him in. Belichick likes throwing a wild card into the mix.

beer72
06-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I believe he just made the Pats much much better. They will use him the right way i see at least 8 touchdowns from him.

Fire Arians
06-10-2013, 09:13 PM
i think people are giving belichick and the patriots* staff way too much credit. they aren't football gods and tebow is still tebow. if not for getting lucky and striking gold with tom brady, nobody would be talking about them today. and the patriots fan base would be just as nonexistant as ever. NEPatriotsfan on this board would probably be DALCowboyFan or some shit.

i'll eat crow if i'm wrong but nothing will come out of this move if anything. a gadget play here and there but no real production. tebow isn't a guy who can score from anywhere on the field, this isn't kordell or mike vick we're talking about.

lloydwoodson
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
i think people are giving belichick and the patriots* staff way too much credit. they aren't football gods and tebow is still tebow. if not for getting lucky and striking gold with tom brady, nobody would be talking about them today. and the patriots fan base would be just as nonexistant as ever. NEPatriotsfan on this board would probably be DALCowboyFan or some shit.

i'll eat crow if i'm wrong but nothing will come out of this move if anything. a gadget play here and there but no real production. tebow isn't a guy who can score from anywhere on the field, this isn't kordell or mike vick we're talking about.

If the Pats win their first Superbowl since 2004 will you accept that it was divine intervention?

I respect Bellichick for having the balls to withstand a little bit of media scrutiny in order to keep a good player in the league. It's shameful that so many coaches who could have used Tebow as a backup were scared to acquire him.

Fire Arians
06-10-2013, 09:25 PM
If the Pats win their first Superbowl since 2004 will you accept that it was divine intervention?

I respect Bellichick for having the balls to withstand a little bit of media scrutiny in order to keep a good player in the league. It's shameful that so many coaches who could have used Tebow as a backup were scared to acquire him.

i'l just say that they were already a pretty good team that made the afc championship and if it happens, then there's a good chance tebow had nothing to do with it. I'm not a believer in the guy, sorry.

one thing i have a problem with is the pats organization is looked at as a flawless machine, and that they are not. if anything they are a tad overrated considering how much respect they get, you'd expect them to have won 8 championships in the last decade with how much the media pumps them up.

also i'll say it again, people keep talking about what a great athlete tebow is, but i'm not impressed. Big runners like him are a dime a dozen in the NFL. He can't line up as a WR or RB like slash could, and he's much too small to play TE.

43Hitman
06-10-2013, 09:56 PM

i'l just say that they were already a pretty good team that made the afc championship and if it happens, then there's a good chance tebow had nothing to do with it. I'm not a believer in the guy, sorry.

one thing i have a problem with is the pats organization is looked at as a flawless machine, and that they are not. if anything they are a tad overrated considering how much respect they get, you'd expect them to have won 8 championships in the last decade with how much the media pumps them up.

also i'll say it again, people keep talking about what a great athlete tebow is, but i'm not impressed. Big runners like him are a dime a dozen in the NFL. He can't line up as a WR or RB like slash could, and he's much too small to play TE.

Tebow is the Great White Hype and nothing more, also I agree that Billy Boy aint all that. Him and his band of cheaters are OVERRATED by BSPN.

Lokki
06-11-2013, 05:30 AM

What kind of dirt do you need on the Jets offense? Or the better question is.. WHAT Jets offense?

Sanchez can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. He'd probably run into a cow's ass and fumble anyway.

The Dolphins are the only team in that Division that should be giving the Patriots any kind of issues at this point.

JonM229
06-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Here's one of my favorite articles from The Onion:

Ground Emerges as Tim Tebow's Favorite Target (http://www.theonion.com/articles/ground-emerges-as-tim-tebows-favorite-target,29210/)

FLORHAM PARK, NJ—With competition heating up at practices, Jets coaches and players confirmed Thursday that the ground was quickly emerging as quarterback Tim Tebow’s favorite target and had already received 90 percent of the third-year player’s passes during the first three weeks of training camp.

Despite having a variety of options in wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill, tight end Dustin Keller, and even converted cornerback Antonio Cromartie, Tebow’s rapport with the ground has been evident as the quarterback has repeatedly thrown in the direction of the grassy surface.

“As we get into camp, more and more often Tim has been throwing to the ground,” center Nick Mangold said. “During plays, he just has this instinct for finding the ground every time. It’s becoming apparent to everyone on the team that the ground is Tim’s go-to target.”

“He just loves throwing it right to the ground,” Mangold added. “It doesn’t matter if the defense comes out in man coverage or an overload blitz. Tebow seems to know exactly where the ground will be and hits the wide-open turf every time.”

At a press conference at the team’s practice facilities, Jets head coach Rex Ryan said Tebow had developed great chemistry with the ground, adding that Tebow threw to the ground not just during scrimmages, but also throughout passing drills and warm-ups. Ryan noted that Tebow often stayed after practice with the QB coach throwing to the ground for hours.

“I’m impressed by how fast a deep bond formed between the ground and Tim,” said Ryan, adding that Tebow and the ground were on the same wavelength and on the path to becoming one the most memorable passing combinations in the franchise’s history. “Overall, Tebow and the ground share very similar characteristics and mindsets.”

Ryan was reportedly impressed with Tebow’s mobility and said the quarterback could consistently scramble away from defensive pressure and throw to the ground while on the run.

Jets quarterback coach Matt Cavanaugh said Tebow had elevated his game this season, demonstrating increased confidence and the arm strength to launch the ball 40 to 60 yards, as well the accuracy to hit right between the numbers painted on the grass. Cavanaugh confirmed Tebow had improved mechanics and velocity and was capable of hitting the ground anywhere on the field.

“Tim has exhibited over and over again that he can find the ground on a quick slant, fly route, button hook, Hail Mary, or screen pass,” Cavanaugh said. “Tebow just has that soft touch. He can toss a beautiful fade and precisely deliver the ball right to the ground in the corner of the end zone.”

“Sometimes he’s doing it almost to a fault,” Cavanaugh continued, “immediately flinging it to the ground when it’s not even his first or second option.”

After a meeting with Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, Tebow has reportedly been focused on spreading the ball around more and has developed other favorite targets, including Gatorade coolers, D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s back, the bench, the pylons, a laundry bin filled with towels, and the team’s golf cart.

Buddha Bus
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Here's one of my favorite articles from The Onion:

Ground Emerges as Tim Tebow's Favorite Target (http://www.theonion.com/articles/ground-emerges-as-tim-tebows-favorite-target,29210/)

Quote of the article. :sofunny:

“Overall, Tebow and the ground share very similar characteristics and mindsets.”

Atlanta Dan
06-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Pete Prisco rips the Tebow signing

This is what the Tim Tebow signing in New England says to me:

1. Bill Belichick is doing a favor for his buddy Urban Meyer.

2. The Patriots' arrogance is in full force. It's more of this: "We can make anything work. We're the Patriots. We don't deal with distractions, just football players. We're the Patriots."...

Good for Tebow that he landed a job. I have no idea what he will do with the Patriots. My guess is that this ends badly, and they will have to do the unthinkable when they find out he can't play anywhere and let him go.

But at least Belichick did his buddy a favor and, in the process, did Tebow one, too.

At least he's geographically a lot closer to Canada now.:chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/pete-prisco/22385650/patriots-arrogance-on-full-display-with-tim-tebow-signing

workinghard
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
"if not for getting lucky and striking gold with tom brady, nobody would be talking about them today. "

But they did, and they are.

"and the patriots fan base would be just as nonexistant"

But it isn't.

"NEPatriotsfan on this board would probably be DALCowboyFan or some shit."

But we aren't.

fansince'76
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
"if not for getting lucky and striking gold with tom brady, nobody would be talking about them today. "

But they did, and they are.

"and the patriots fan base would be just as nonexistant"

But it isn't.

But we aren't.

http://images.wikia.com/scpcontainmentbreach/images/4/45/Cool-story-bro.jpg

Fire Arians
06-11-2013, 01:30 PM

But we aren't.

at least you're not denying that you're a wagon jumper and would probably be a cowboys fan if the pats* were crap. i lost count of how many patriots* fans ive run into that don't even know who their qb was before bledsoe

workinghard
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
at least you're not denying that you're a wagon jumper and would probably be a cowboys fan if the pats* were crap. i lost count of how many patriots* fans ive run into that don't even know who their qb was before bledsoe

Do you know anything about the history of the Steeler fan base? Are you aware that no one wanted to play for the Steelers before Noll, and Joe Green, showed up and started turning things around? Are you aware of the lack of support for the Steelers? Steeler fans? There weren't any.

Buddha Bus
06-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Do you know anything about the history of the Steeler fan base? Are you aware that no one wanted to play for the Steelers before Noll, and Joe Green, showed up and started turning things around? Are you aware of the lack of support for the Steelers? Steeler fans? There weren't any.

What..... 40+ years ago? :rofl:

Yeah, we're just now jumping on. :rolleyes:

workinghard
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
For 40 years the Steelers were nothing to talk about. Then, the league got popular, the Steelers got good, and so, of course, they picked up a fan base. For 40 years the Patriots were nothing to talk about. Then they got a new owner, got good, and picked up a fan base. There isn't a shred of difference.

JonM229
06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Why couldn't you guys have rooted for the Steelers before you were born?

I've been a Ravens fan since the first day they came into existence, you fucking bandwagoners

Buddha Bus
06-11-2013, 02:39 PM
For 40 years the Steelers were nothing to talk about. Then, the league got popular, the Steelers got good, and so, of course, they picked up a fan base. For 40 years the Patriots were nothing to talk about. Then they got a new owner, got good, and picked up a fan base. There isn't a shred of difference.

Another point would be that for a good portion of that time, the NFL itself wasn't all that wildly popular as it is today.

MACH1
06-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Together at last

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p320x320/996177_196658183822631_1989522833_n.png

43Hitman
06-11-2013, 02:53 PM
For 40 years the Steelers were nothing to talk about. Then, the league got popular, the Steelers got good, and so, of course, they picked up a fan base. For 40 years the Patriots were nothing to talk about. Then they got a new owner, got decent, cheated and picked up a fan base.

fixed that for ya. :coffee:

GMU Steeler
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Another point would be that for a good portion of that time, the NFL itself wasn't all that wildly popular as it is today.

Yeah football only really started to replace baseball as America's favorite sport in the late 50's and I'd argue it wasn't until the early 70's that it totally replaced baseball. Of course, there are Steeler bandwagon fans but I get a chuckle out of accused of being one, when I was born in 1987, the Redskins had been more successful as of late than the Steelers had. The Redskins had four SB appearances and three SB wins by the time of the Steelers first SB appearance in my lifetime. Anyhow, I won't knock the Pats too hard for having bandwagon fans since every successful team has them and success leads to it. I think though people also underestimate how many Western Pa transplants over the country there are. My parents were both the children of them and many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins have married people originally from Western Pa/Pittsburgh.

pczach
06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Where do these people come from?

You do realize that there are men and women that popped out of the womb as Steeler fans, and are 40+ years old right. That's what happens when a team wins and is successful for a long period of time. Yes, they got some bandwagon types, but as all the new fans stay as lifelong Steeler fans and have their own children, those children have children etc... Do you understand? There are hardly any Patriot fans that have been born into fandom because they've only been getting it done for 12-13 years. So, here's what your team has to do to be in the class of the Steelers and their following. They need to be wildly successful for the next 30 years. That's all. It's really very simple. If they could do that, they will have the same kind of tradition and following that is developed over time and through birth throughout the country. It's not a local phenomenon to be a Steeler fan. They have gone global. If you want to stand up and cheer, or pound your chest and say you're great, that's your business. If you want to come to our message board and tell us you are better fans than us, that's our business and we are going to tell you that you're full of shit. There's another life lesson for you son. I hope you're taking notes, because I know in my heart that you're brain is not absorbing all the pertinent information. You have talked yourself into believing these delusions of grandeur. You have drunk the Patriot coolaid.

Now get out there and dominate the NFL for another 30 years and you'll be on to something. Come back in 30 and let us know how that's been going for you and your "fans".

There endeth the lesson.

NSMaster56
06-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Except...

The Pats made the SB in 85/86 and 96/97, but their fanbase didn't really care, nor did they demand that the nation care.

It wasn't until their miracle 01 season that Boston felt compelled to swallow the world and make the Pats relevant.

So the difference is that the Steelers were horrible , a down right laughingstock, for nearly 40 years before their rise whereas the Pats were fairly competitive for 25 years before their bandwagon multiplied and became as obnoxious as baseball's 'evil empire'.

The Steelers were a rags to riches story.

The Patrios were a white to gold collar one.

stb_steeler
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM

Why would they need to do that, as long as dirty sanchez is QB they never beat the pats :wink02:

stb_steeler
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Why couldn't you guys have rooted for the Steelers before you were born?

I've been a Ravens fan since the first day they came into existence, you fucking bandwagoners

You mean a Colts fan right?.....You just adapted :wave:

workinghard
06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Except...

The Pats made the SB in 85/86 and 96/97, but their fanbase didn't really care, nor did they demand that the nation care.

It wasn't until their miracle 01 season that Boston felt compelled to swallow the world and make the Pats relevant.

So the difference is that the Steelers were horrible , a down right laughingstock, for nearly 40 years before their rise whereas the Pats were fairly competitive for 25 years before their bandwagon multiplied and became as obnoxious as baseball's 'evil empire'.

The Steelers were a rags to riches story.

The Patrios were a white to gold collar one.

True. When the Patriots were bad they were better then the Steelers were when they were bad, and now that they're good they're still better then the Steelers.

MACH1
06-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Thats gotta be 'hardwork' to troll like you do.

Bayz101
06-12-2013, 03:30 AM
True. When the Patriots were bad they were better then the Steelers were when they were bad, and now that they're good they're still better then the Steelers.

Lot of hard work coming up with that? You proud?

JonM229
06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
You mean a Colts fan right?.....You just adapted :wave:

The Colts left a few months before I was born. I'm not as old as you people.

Buddha Bus
06-12-2013, 06:32 AM

Look, Pats*faninpittsburgh is back with a new handle. Still haven't figured out that 6>3 huh? We've been to 3 SBs and won 2 since your team last cheated it's way to a SB win. Whose better now?

Look, the load of pea (pee?) gravel for the driveway just arrived. Get out there and start spreading it you lazy bastard. "Workinghard", my ass. Every time I look out in the yard you're hiding behind a bush licking yourself.

Fire Haley
06-12-2013, 09:12 AM
ha ha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMgK_x8CAAApIy2.jpg

NSMaster56
06-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Upon further consideration, this is a perfect match. The NFL's most insufferable player on the NFL's most insufferable team.

Makes sense.

Lokki
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
He's going to be the temporary replacement for Gronk..

JonM229
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I wonder how many mouth-breathers...I mean people, will be buying their third Tebow jersey

Lokki
06-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I wonder how many mouth-breathers...I mean people, will be buying their third Tebow jersey

He just needs to go to 4 more teams and then they can have a different Tebow jersey for every day of the week.

Actually, they probably already own a Tebow Gators jersey, so they could cut it down to 3 more teams.

JonM229
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I can totally see that happening

Buddha Bus
06-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I can totally see that happening

It's funny 'cause it's true. :sofunny:

Lokki
06-12-2013, 10:49 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/300x300/31575834.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/300x300/35090859.jpg

MACH1
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
It's hardwork banning all these trolls.

Buh bye

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_likqjslKzm1qdrdd0.gif

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
bill belichick the evil genius who hasn't signed a good FA since randy moss or drafted anybody noteworthy in years is gonna transform this guy. at least the media would have you believe

LOL

Been on an island awhile?

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
The Patriots own the Steelers.

Tebow owns the Steelers.

So there's that

fansince'76
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Any thread that pertains in any way to the Patriots on a Steelers board = tool magnet.

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Pretty sure any thread on a Steelers forum is a tool magnet. I'm just here to class the place up.

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Tebow owns the Steelers.

So there's that

How many championships did the patriots* win since Spygate again? We got one, how many you got? zero? yeah you guys own us :chuckle:

your team hasn't been shit since getting caught cheating, around the same time brady lost his magic. coincidence? maybe not

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 01:18 PM
How many championships did the patriots* win since Spygate again? We got one, how many you got? zero? yeah you guys own us :chuckle:

your team hasn't been shit since getting caught cheating, around the same time brady lost his magic. coincidence? maybe not

Nah. None of that is true you're just saying stuff.

SteelersCanada
06-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh NEPatriots, what happened to you man? You used to post with some kind of intelligence and now it's just ... man. Whenever you want to come back and post constructively we'll welcome you with open arms but until that point, can you just refrain from posting at all?

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Nah. None of that is true you're just saying stuff.

yeah i forgot, you guys won multiple championships since getting busted for spygate :chuckle:

getting crowned super bowl champions every preseason at least

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh NEPatriots, what happened to you man? You used to post with some kind of intelligence and now it's just ... man.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310566609761.jpg

GMU Steeler
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
yeah i forgot, you guys won multiple championships since getting busted for spygate :chuckle:

Hey they've have better seeds than us. Who cares if they haven't won a SB since BB's rookie year and that the Steelers have two wins and another appearance since that same time. And Tebow beating the Steelers once does not equate ownage especially if he needed OT to win the game. We lost that game, no excuses but to say Tebow owns the Steelers is a laugh.. And the Pats haven't exactly owned the Steelers in recent years.

lloydwoodson
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Pretty sure any thread on a Steelers forum is a tool magnet. I'm just here to class the place up.

You are doing a terrible job.

Fire NEPatriots.

Only 2 more seasons until Brady is out of the league and running a chain of hair salons.

Is Ryan Mallett going to lead you back to dynasty status or will it be Tim Tebow?

:rofl:

Bayz101
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh NEPatriots, what happened to you man? You used to post with some kind of intelligence and now it's just ... man. Whenever you want to come back and post constructively we'll welcome you with open arms but until that point, can you just refrain from posting at all?

This.

Or you can join PatsfaninPittsburgh on a one-month vacation in Bill Belichick's asshole. It's shady, and it doesn't stink as bad as the allegations surrounding the Patriots Super Bowl wins (also shady), so why not? What do you have to lose? I could even schedule your ban for that time in January when the Patriots are exiting the playoffs.

NSMaster56
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM

True.

Tebow owns the Steelers.

False.

One game does not = 'owns'.

Jake Plummer beat the Pats in 2005, that doesn't mean he (nor the Broncos) 'owned' the Pats.

Other than that you're correct. Pats fans have every right to talk about how they've smacked the Steelers around since... 1995/96?

However, the whole 'the Pats are better than the Steelers all-time' business is not worthy of rebuttal.

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
True

false. who won the last meeting?

and since spygate we are 2-2 against them

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 06:41 PM

They weren't "busted for spygate."

"Spygate" is a word you use. It's a media invention. The Patriots were "busted" taping signals at a Jets practice.

Don't take too big a leap of logic.

BTW You're going to lose very, very, very badly this year, because Tom Brady is your daddy

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 06:51 PM
whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. and i'm looking forward to that game against your soft ass team. brady doesn't have it anymore and the patriots* organization has been overrated for almost a decade now. face it man, NE isn't winning another championship in the next 20 years.

Buddha Bus
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
They weren't "busted for spygate."

"Spygate" is a word you use. It's a media invention. The Patriots were "busted" taping signals at a Jets practice.

Don't take too big a leap of logic.

BTW You're going to lose very, very, very badly this year, because Tom Brady is your daddy

:blah:

http://www.stewartsville.com/forum/images/smilies/Bored_Emoticon.gif

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 07:31 PM
whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. and i'm looking forward to that game against your soft ass team. brady doesn't have it anymore and the patriots* organization has been overrated for almost a decade now. face it man, NE isn't winning another championship in the next 20 years.

News flash:

Tom Brady is the best QB of all time and still the best QB in the league.

The Patriots have been to back to back AFC Championships the last two years.

The Patriots lost 2 SB's since 2007 by circumstances that make your "Spygate" arguments illogical and stupid to anyone with an IQ over 80.

The Steelers are awful.

You lost to a Denver Bronco team two years ago that the Patriots humiliated the following week, as if it was a junior varsity high school team.

Last year you didn't even make the play offs and your entire season was completely pathetic.

Keep drinking the cool aid. You're living in an alternate universe or belong in a straight-jacket if you believe half the stuff you type.

Galax Steeler
06-12-2013, 07:37 PM
News flash:

The Patriots lost 2 SB's since 2007 by circumstances that make your "Spygate" arguments illogical and stupid to anyone with an IQ over 80.

The Steelers are awful.

You lost to a Denver Bronco team two years ago that the Patriots humiliated the following week, as if it was a junior varsity high school team.

Last year you didn't even make the play offs and your entire season was completely pathetic.

Keep drinking the cool aid. You're living in an alternate universe or belong in a straight-jacket if you believe half the stuff you type.

:jerkit:

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
News flash:

The Steelers are awful.

How many championships again since your team got caught cheating? can you answer me that?

Galax Steeler
06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
News flash:

The Steelers are awful.

:jerkit: I am sorry I should not have jacked off on that post Brady loves that to much:rofl:

pczach
06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
News flash:

The Steelers are awful.

Oh yeah, Brady looked like the best QB in the league on that fourth down play against the Ravens in the playoffs last year. He got forced out of the pocket and just threw the ball to open turf so he wouldn't get het. He did that with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. If idiots in Boston want to line up and buy the bullshit sandwiches you're selling, good for you. The Patriot coolaid is flowing, and it's been spiked with an unknown hallucinogen if you think that is championship play from a QB.

If you try to sell the bullshit sandwiches here, and you are, we're all going to tell you that you're a full of shit, pathological, Patriot ass kisser. See, the thing is, Steeler fans know the real thing when we see it. It's what happens when you win consistently for over 40 years. Once your little phase is over, and Brady is pimping men's hair care products and makeup, you'll crawl back under that huge rock you came out from under and go back to not supporting your underachieving Patriots. Uncle Billy's hoodies won't be quite as cool, his decisions won't be so smart, and you'll all go back to losing all the time. Uncle Billy and his hoodie will retire, and this will all be just a short term memory that will have to last you the rest of your life. You're trying to sell us knock off Rolex watches, but we know the difference because we make them. Move along dickhead.

SteelersCanada
06-12-2013, 07:55 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/yeah-ok.gif

NSMaster56
06-12-2013, 08:21 PM
false. who won the last meeting?

and since spygate we are 2-2 against them

Who won when it mattered?

Move past denial.

Until the Steelers beat the Brady Pats in the playoffs they DO own them. Quite definitively.

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
How many championships again since your team got caught cheating? can you answer me that?

We didn't get caught cheating. Get that through your head. A Patriots employee was taping signals at a Jets practice. One Jets practice. That isn't an on the field rule being broken during game time. Do you know what cheating is?

2 AFC Championships
5 Division titles.
League MVPs.

Don't be so transparent in your jealousy and blatant inferiority complex.

jacobo
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
nepatriots why are you so angry all the time? Did Ben rape your sister and you get revenge on him by bringing your vitriol to a steelers board?

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
We didn't get caught cheating. Get that through your head. A Patriots employee was taping signals at a Jets practice. One Jets practice. That isn't an on the field rule being broken during game time. Do you know what cheating is?

2 AFC Championships
5 Division titles.
League MVPs.

Don't be so transparent in your jealousy and blatant inferiority complex.

no lombardi's, all that means jack shit if you don't win the big dance. nobody remembers the losers :chuckle:

and division titles, seriously? you guys are lucky to have 6 free wins in a year, playing the jets, bills, and miami twice. That is easily the weakest division in the league, you SHOULD win that every year.

Fire Arians
06-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Who won when it mattered?

Move past denial.

Until the Steelers beat the Brady Pats in the playoffs they DO own them. Quite definitively.

That was about a decade ago. a lot of things have changed now. There's no denial here, it's just what it is, the pats haven't won any championship in 10 years, still the ESPN media talks them up like they're some unstoppable machine. They're not what they used to be. I'm really not that impressed with their squad. Yes I do agree that they are a *good* team, but really undeserving of the magnitude of praise they get from the media

PATS16N0
06-12-2013, 11:40 PM
That was about a decade ago. a lot of things have changed now. There's no denial here, it's just what it is, the pats haven't won any championship in 10 years, still the ESPN media talks them up like they're some unstoppable machine. They're not what they used to be. I'm really not that impressed with their squad. Yes I do agree that they are a *good* team, but really undeserving of the magnitude of praise they get from the media

Maybe that's because every year the Patriots are legit Superbowl contenders and deep play off threats, boasting things like "all time scoring offenses" and breaking records for first downs and yardages and scoring.

Unlike your shitshow Steelers who limp pathetically through the season from week #4 on and call it "heart"

Don't act like it's a conspiracy. The Patriots get high praise because they're the most dominant team of the last 15 years and continue to be the team to beat in the NFL, season after season.

See the difference, bro?

The Patriots spend a good 11~13 weeks of their 16 game schedule humiliating professional football players, organizations and coaching staffs. HUMILIATING.
Not having 6-3 snooze fests.

MACH1
06-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Maybe that's because every year the Patriots are legit Superbowl contenders and deep play off threats, boasting things like "all time scoring offenses" and breaking records for first downs and yardages and scoring.

Unlike your shitshow Steelers who limp pathetically through the season from week #4 on and call it "heart"

Don't act like it's a conspiracy. The Patriots get high praise because they're the most dominant team of the last 15 years and continue to be the team to beat in the NFL, season after season.

See the difference, bro?

The Patriots spend a good 11~13 weeks of their 16 game schedule humiliating professional football players, organizations and coaching staffs. HUMILIATING.
Not having 6-3 snooze fests.

Speaking of humiliating. Getting your ass handed to you twice by Eli.

Remind me again what they've won since getting busted for CHEATING*.

Zip*, Zilch*, Zero*, Nadda*

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKeItqU2q3oqPYXav6tZ9plt1ubBfJt FlEA5qoLiD6i8P2qweB

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Honestly, it's not humiliating. I don't know why you think it was, but it wasn't. It was a lot of things, but a long lasting humiliation it wasn't. Both games are considered to be among the best Superbowls of all time for their down to the wire competitiveness.

Like every other Steelers fan here, you just spout off illogical nonsense because you know the Patriots dominate you.

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 01:07 AM
And let's just ignore the fact that Gronk, the best red zone threat in the entire NFL, was injured our last Superbowl and out of commision last years AFC Championship game.

Let's see what happens in January when our actual, you know, Superstar players are healthy?

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 01:10 AM
Oh, and the Patriots are going to blow you out by 50 points this year. Brady has owned your silly defense his entire career,. and now it's an old, broken version, so it's going to get ugly.

So keep running the mouth. Gonna have to eat a lot of crow this year.

Gonna be here with the spoon and the airplane noises.

kan_t
06-13-2013, 04:20 AM
Oh, and the Patriots are going to blow you out by 50 points this year. Brady has owned your silly defense his entire career,. and now it's an old, broken version, so it's going to get ugly.

Your argument would be better if the Patriots did blow the Steelers out last time they played.

Back to the topic. I have said it before. Teams like the Pats, Packers, Saints or Steelers are the perfect places for Tebow. As all those teams have no doubt frachise QBs and their front office or coaches are good enough to shut the media up. So the controvery can be reduced to minimum and teams can really focus on developing him.

I still think that he can be an excellent FB and may turn into a good TE with proper development.

Lokki
06-13-2013, 05:42 AM
http://www.serviciotecnicodepc.com/marketing/tom-brady-crying-i14.jpg

Buddha Bus
06-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Honestly, it's not humiliating. I don't know why you think it was, but it wasn't. It was a lot of things, but a long lasting humiliation it wasn't. Both games are considered to be among the best Superbowls of all time for their down to the wire competitiveness.

Of course not.... you'd have to have some humility to be humble, which your chest-thumping homer bandwagon ass clearly doesn't have.

And let's just ignore the fact that Gronk, the best red zone threat in the entire NFL, was injured our last Superbowl and out of commision last years AFC Championship game.

Let's see what happens in January when our actual, you know, Superstar players are healthy?

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/crying-baby-1.gif ...And if we coulda kept taping, and if Eli was dead, and if Jesus had been resurrected and played WR for us, and if the Giants hadn't been so rough, and if Roger Goodell would have let us carry 7 extra players, and if Brady wasn't such a vagina.....

Jesus man, you sound like a petulant, whiny child. You really have no idea how much of a tool you sound like, do you Murf Jr.?

Let's take a look at that last matchup, shall we?

Week 8: vs. New England Patriots:

1 2 3 4 Total
Patriots 0 10 0 7 17
Steelers 7 10 3 5 25

Week Eight: New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers – Game summary
at Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Date: October 30
Game time: 4:15 p.m. EDT
Game weather: 40 °F (4 °C), clear
Game attendance: 64,424
Referee: Mike Carey (94)
TV announcers (CBS): Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Game information
Coming off their road win over the Cardinals, the Steelers went home for a Week 8 duel with the New England Patriots. Pittsburgh delivered the game's opening punch in the first quarter as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger found running back Mewelde Moore on a 5-yard touchdown pass. The Steelers would add onto their lead in the second quarter with a 33-yard field goal from kicker Shaun Suisham. The Patriots answered with quarterback Tom Brady completing a 2-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Deion Branch, yet Pittsburgh struck back with Roethlisberger connecting with wide receiver Antonio Brown on a 7-yard touchdown pass. New England would close out the half with kicker Stephen Gostkowski got a 46-yard field goal.

The Steelers began the third quarter with a 21-yard field goal from Suisham, followed by his 23-yard field goal in the fourth. The Patriots tried to rally as Brady completed a 1-yard touchdown pass to tight end Aaron Hernandez, yet Pittsburgh's defense held with safety Troy Polamalu forcing a New England fumble out of the back of the end zone for a safety.
With the win, the Steelers improved to 6–2 and also won their first game against the Patriots since 2008 and first game against the Patriots with Tom Brady as the starter since 2004.

And that game was nowhere near as close as the final score indicated. We spanked the shit outta your New England Pansies. So much for Brady owning our defense like he always does.

http://www.swobble.de/img/user/1/12/2997/pictures/1313604684.jpg

43Hitman
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM

Like every other Steelers fan here, you just spout off illogical nonsense because you know the Patriots dominate you.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/43hitman/Umadbro_zpsc187b42d.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Of course not.... you'd have to have some humility to be humble, which your chest-thumping homer bandwagon ass clearly doesn't have.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/crying-baby-1.gif ...And if we coulda kept taping, and if Eli was dead, and if Jesus had been resurrected and played WR for us, and if the Giants hadn't been so rough, and if Roger Goodell would have let us carry 7 extra players, and if Brady wasn't such a vagina.....

Jesus man, you sound like a petulant, whiny child. You really have no idea how much of a tool you sound like, do you Murf Jr.?

Let's take a look at that last matchup, shall we?

Week 8: vs. New England Patriots:

1 2 3 4 Total
Patriots 0 10 0 7 17
Steelers 7 10 3 5 25

Week Eight: New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers – Game summary
at Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Date: October 30
Game time: 4:15 p.m. EDT
Game weather: 40 °F (4 °C), clear
Game attendance: 64,424
Referee: Mike Carey (94)
TV announcers (CBS): Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Game information
Coming off their road win over the Cardinals, the Steelers went home for a Week 8 duel with the New England Patriots. Pittsburgh delivered the game's opening punch in the first quarter as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger found running back Mewelde Moore on a 5-yard touchdown pass. The Steelers would add onto their lead in the second quarter with a 33-yard field goal from kicker Shaun Suisham. The Patriots answered with quarterback Tom Brady completing a 2-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Deion Branch, yet Pittsburgh struck back with Roethlisberger connecting with wide receiver Antonio Brown on a 7-yard touchdown pass. New England would close out the half with kicker Stephen Gostkowski got a 46-yard field goal.

The Steelers began the third quarter with a 21-yard field goal from Suisham, followed by his 23-yard field goal in the fourth. The Patriots tried to rally as Brady completed a 1-yard touchdown pass to tight end Aaron Hernandez, yet Pittsburgh's defense held with safety Troy Polamalu forcing a New England fumble out of the back of the end zone for a safety.
With the win, the Steelers improved to 6–2 and also won their first game against the Patriots since 2008 and first game against the Patriots with Tom Brady as the starter since 2004.

And that game was nowhere near as close as the final score indicated. We spanked the shit outta your New England Pansies. So much for Brady owning our defense like he always does.

http://www.swobble.de/img/user/1/12/2997/pictures/1313604684.jpg

that photo cant be real

Buddha Bus
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
that photo cant be real

Neither can NEPatriots*. :noidea:

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 09:49 AM
what i dont get about pats fans is if they are so much better than steelers fans, and team is so much better.

Why do you come to A STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD????? I mean surely if your so much better than the Steelers you dont have to waste your time on them right? I mean thats how most people work. Why acknowledge something that is do-do?

I am pretty sure a majority of the league if not all hates Pats fans.

Jmon (ravens fan), bengals fans, browns fans, raiders, dolphins.. I' ve seen alot of teams fan bases here and have good discussion and back and forth.. and most only come around when its game time, except Jmon but hes allowed here cause he atleast brings something to the table. But Pat fans continue to hang around here, like the Steelers are a bitter division rival who they play every year.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33702816.jpg

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Neither can NEPatriots*. :noidea:

i think its bayz

Buddha Bus
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
what i dont get about pats fans is if they are so much better than steelers fans, and team is so much better.

Why do you come to A STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD????? I mean surely if your so much better than the Steelers you dont have to waste your time on them right? I mean thats how most people work. Why acknowledge something that is do-do?

Hey look! It's NEPatriots*, Pats*faninpittsburgh, and "workinghard" now!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmcfBtM4MniCVFKPdRsaPOUZfP5Ssy3 eJQn5oM9ItMVCJ_FHKt0w

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The Colts left a few months before I was born. I'm not as old as you people.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/2d8/fae/06c/resized/kirk-lazarus-meme-generator-what-do-you-mean-you-people-ef1549.jpg?1333837883.jpg

MACH1
06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey look! It's NEPatriots*, Pats*faninpittsburgh, and "workinghard" now!

The Family portrait.

http://vocalvortex.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/retards.jpg

JonM229
06-13-2013, 11:01 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/2d8/fae/06c/resized/kirk-lazarus-meme-generator-what-do-you-mean-you-people-ef1549.jpg?1333837883.jpg

Interracial Cheerios eaters

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 11:52 AM
"Derp, I'm a Steelers fan, I pretend my team is so awesome even though I'm not fooling anyone because I'm not the only person who watches their mediocre shit shows every year. Derp. Go Steelers. Superbowl this season for sure. Derp."

:tt04:

Fire Arians
06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
"Derp, I'm a Steelers fan, I pretend my team is so awesome even though I'm not fooling anyone because I'm not the only person who watches their mediocre shit shows every year. Derp. Go Steelers. Superbowl this season for sure. Derp."

yet you keep coming here, lol. your mother didn't show you enough attention growing up?

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I think you're now the second most delusional fan base in the NFL, just behind the Jets. Maybe even the first.

Actually, yes, the first.

Your expectations and evaluations of your teams skill, QB skill, coaching skill, are hysterical.

The divide between what the Steelers ARE and what you guys THINK the Steelers are is probably the biggest in the NFL between fans and reality.

LOL.

Your Steelers are a sad joke. You'll be lucky to finish the north ahead of the Browns this season.

So just stop.

The more you talk.

The more I think there's something in the water over there.

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
HAI GUYZ! U CONVINCED ME!

STEELERS GUNNA BE GUD THIS YEAR GAIZ!

MAYBE EVEN PLAYOFFS

43Hitman
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM
You're trying way too hard.

Fire Arians
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
lol you're a joke, at least try to believable if you're gonna troll attempt like that

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
I think you're now the second most delusional fan base in the NFL, just behind the Jets. Maybe even the first.

Your expectations and evaluations of your teams skill, QB skill, coaching skill, are hysterical.

The divide between what the Steelers ARE and what you guys THINK the Steelers are is probably the biggest in the NFL between fans and reality.
LOL.

Your Steelers are a sad joke. You'll be lucky to finish the north ahead of the Browns this season.

So just stop.

The more you talk.

How can Steeler Fans be more delusional then a fanbase (pats) that thinks they won the past 10 super bowls?

Right more divided then a fan base that has more excuses of why they didnt win or make it then any team I've ever seen.
If Gronk was healthy then or if brady wasnt hurt in 08.. blah blah blah..

If the Pats are the greatest franchise of all time, why not go over to your pats board and jerk each other off? or do pats fan only come out for the playoffs?

THE REAL WINNER WAS THE PATS.. they never lose super bowls, blah blah

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jesse-heiman-real-winner-of-superbowl-meme.jpg

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
http://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/542780_383779568366763_1034840971_n.jpg

NEBandwagon
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi guys, I come in peace. I heard a fellow patriots fan has been treated unfairly so I came to right the wrongs.

A little about myself, I'm from Boston, and I used to be a cowboys fan in the 90's because the patriots sucked and usually went 2-14. I was so skeptical of the success in the early 2000's, that I'd go to the game with my red sox gear on, so if they lost like they did in 2 previous super bowls, I can be all like "Oh man we suck, but good thing I'm a Sox fan, red sox for life!"

To be honest I'm about to scrap this team for the 49ers, packers, or whoever looks like the best contender next year. Losing to the giants twice was almost the final straw, and the city of new york already owns us so bad, i can't take it anymore. I mean the yankees already kick our asses almost every year for almost the entire century, can't we get a break already?

With that said, the Patriots are still the greatest organization in the NFL. I'm looking forward to smoking your pathetic team this year, and if we lose, I'll probably just deny that I was ever a patriots fan and cheer for the 49ers, or I may even become a Steelers fan.

Now welcome me because I obviously came in peace

NEBandwagon
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
http://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/542780_383779568366763_1034840971_n.jpg

Troy Aikman! Screw the pats in the 90's, I hated them then. I bought my first jersey only after they beat the rams cause that's how I roll

NEBandwagon
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
btw I don't know if green bay will be a contender next year, but I almost have as huge a man crush on aaron rodgers cause he's handsome. brady is getting a little older and not as attractive as he used to

Buddha Bus
06-13-2013, 02:42 PM

LOL.

So just stop.

The more you talk.

MAYBE EVEN PLAYOFFS

Steelers Fever exclusive video translation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQLIU4ze0g

steelax04
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM

MAYBE EVEN PLAYOFFS

Damn, you're so good at trolling, you're now starting to troll yourself.

Did you start video taping yourself typing your responses so you knew what was coming next?

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Troy Aikman! Screw the pats in the 90's, I hated them then. I bought my first jersey only after they beat the rams cause that's how I roll

buddha did you just thank your own post?

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 04:47 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34734230.jpg

ebsteelers
06-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Damn, you're so good at trolling, you're now starting to troll yourself.

Did you start video taping yourself typing your responses so you knew what was coming next?

http://i.qkme.me/35x9wh.jpg

jacobo
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM

you do realize there's a guy in detroit that doesn't have vaginas for bones like gronk, right? You really think gronk's the best? lol

pczach
06-13-2013, 05:50 PM
you do realize there's a guy in detroit that doesn't have vaginas for bones like gronk, right? You really think gronk's the best? lol

Gronk should practice landing on his head. That way he'll never get hurt.

Buddha Bus
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
buddha did you just thank your own post?

:huh::hunch:

Fire Arians
06-13-2013, 07:21 PM
http://i.qkme.me/35x9wh.jpg

:chuckle:

SteelersCanada
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
The more you talk.

I hate to be this guy, but "the more you talk, the more I think there's something in the water over there" is one complete thought and not two separate ideas. Though, I suppose generating one thought for you was tough enough and having to break it up into two separate ones made it easier for you to spew the same bullshit over and over.

Also,

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37448846.jpg

Normally I'd like these things to be answered but in this case, I'd just like you to be banned. You and PatsFaninPitt can go out back and keep talking about how bad the Steelers are on a Steelers forum as you're banned from a Patriots forum for being such an ignorant shithead. Fuck, even fellow Pats fans got tired of you and that still doesn't set of any alarms in your head about your attitude or general assholeness. I don't know what to tell you.

43Hitman
06-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I hate to be this guy, but "the more you talk, the more I think there's something in the water over there" is one complete thought and not two separate ideas. Though, I suppose generating one thought for you was tough enough and having to break it up into two separate ones made it easier for you to spew the same bullshit over and over.

Also,

Normally I'd like these things to be answered but in this case, I'd just like you to be banned. You and PatsFaninPitt can go out back and keep talking about how bad the Steelers are on a Steelers forum as you're banned from a Patriots forum for being such an ignorant shithead. Fuck, even fellow Pats fans got tired of you and that still doesn't set of any alarms in your head about your attitude or general assholeness. I don't know what to tell you.

You could always tell him to fuck off. :chuckle:

PATS16N0
06-13-2013, 09:45 PM

Also,

You're just upset because the truth hurts.

What conversation are you looking for? The only thing Squeeler fans seem to be able to squeeze out of their brain is "Spygate, derp."

Or..

"Brady's a girl. Derp."

Why don't you look back through this thread? I refuted "Spygate" claims but of course that doesn't matter, because Steeler fans have thick skulls, so they just keep repeating "U cheated."

Oh, I'm sorry, were you looking for INTELLIGENT conversation?
Try this:
www.patsfans.com

They know more than 4 words over there. You'll love it.

NEBandwagon
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey NEPatriots, great to see you!

Yeah I go to that site all the time, fan since 2001 here (but not till the end of the season cause i had to be sure, LOL!)! I know a bunch of other ex-dallas fans like myself who go to that page all the time, great people there :)

we all kind of wished that the patriots, unlike our dallas counterparts, fared better against them new york giants though...

Lady Steel
06-14-2013, 12:30 AM

But yet you GUARANTEED right here on this message board that the Patricheats would not only make it to the Super Bowl last year, but would also win it. :chuckle:

You have zero credibility. Absolutely none.

I see you've posted a link to your little Patricheats message board. You should probably stay there. I think you've worn out your welcome here.

MACH1
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/SteelersFreak1/14341580.jpg

teegre
06-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Tebow owns the Steelers.

So there's that

Okay... here we go once AGAIN...

2001: Punt mishap & a FG mishap; one was returned for a TD. Joey Porter drops a pick six. Doesn't really sound like "owning" to me.

2004: BB plays like a rookie, throwing 3 INTs, which essentially give the Taperiots 21 points. Doesn't really sound like "owning" to me.

Since then... they haven't met in the post season.

teegre
06-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Gronl, Gronk, Gronk, Gronk, Gronk...

Ugh... here we go... AGAIN...

As far as Gronk being injured goes:

1) Get used to it. It was the knock on him pre-draft.

2) As I've posted to you, at least three times, EVERY team deals with injuries. BB missed the last half of the season... otherwise, the Steelers were a LOCK to win the SuperBowl.

In fact...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=1102011&postcount=281

3) You're starting to sound like Gopher: posting the same stuff, in thread after thread... and when you are refuted, you disappear for a week or so.

Don't be like Gopher.

Bayz101
06-14-2013, 07:14 PM
"The Patriots WILL win ring #4 in February." - NEPatriots

That's a quote from our friend in December of last year, and it's probably something Patriots fans around the world have uttered, only to be embarrassed in the end. Congratulations, Patriots, you haven't been a relevant football team since before we won two!

The New England Patriots, 2001-2004. With the help of a video camera, the New England Patriots won Three Super Bowls in Four years! #KodakKillers

pczach
06-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Gronl, Gronk, Gronk, Gronk, Gronk...

Ugh... here we go... AGAIN...

As far as Gronk being injured goes:

1) Get used to it. It was the knock on him pre-draft.

2) As I've posted to you, at least three times, EVERY team deals with injuries. BB missed the last half of the season... otherwise, the Steelers were a LOCK to win the SuperBowl.

In fact...

3) You're starting to sound like Gopher: posting the same stuff, in thread after thread... and when you are refuted, you disappear for a week or so.

Don't be like Gopher.

Here's how NEPatriots acts when you throw facts in his face....

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/pczach/animarevolution_HD_gift_animated-animacion-full-colour-funny-lol-best-small-big-byte-mega-hilarious-banned-bear-lion-OMG-its_zps02702338.gif

teegre
06-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Here's how NEPatriots acts when you throw facts in his face....

I find it more to be: running away, finding a new thread, and posting the same drivel.

Gronk was injured!!!
Insert facts.
Run away...
Gronk was injured!!!
Insert facts.
Run away...
Gronk is injured!!!

...et cetera...

GMU Steeler
06-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Gronk was injured but don'y you dare mention that the Steelers had a few starters missing at the Broncos playoff game two years ago and another one who couldn't play due to his medical condition. As Teeg correctly puts it, every team deals with injuries. I hate the Ravens but they had plenty of injury problems last year and they did alright. We had Ben out for a fourth of a season in which we made the SB.

teegre
06-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Gronk was injured but don'y you dare mention that the Steelers had a few starters missing at the Broncos playoff game two years ago and another one who couldn't play due to his medical condition. As Teeg correctly puts it, every team deals with injuries. I hate the Ravens but they had plenty of injury problems last year and they did alright. We had Ben out for a fourth of a season in which we made the SB.

Wait... that was far too much logic & reason for a Taperiots fan to comprehend.

You'll need to post something more easily understood by them... like a color-by-numbers pony.

NSMaster56
06-14-2013, 08:38 PM
2004: BB plays like a rookie, throwing 3 INTs, which essentially give the Taperiots 21 points. Doesn't really sound like "owning" to me.

Maybe he 'played like a rookie' because the Pats made him play so poorly?

The Pats O threw all over the Steelers D in that game.

The 01 game had its share of 'fluke' plays for sure, but 04 was a well-oiled Pats team toying with the Steelers.

Fire Arians
06-14-2013, 08:41 PM
http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/U-MAD-BRO.jpg

teegre
06-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe he 'played like a rookie' because the Pats made him play so poorly?

The Pats O threw all over the Steelers D in that game.

The 01 game had its share of 'fluke' plays for sure, but 04 was a well-oiled Pats team toying with the Steelers.

14/21 for 207 yards, 2 TDs
14/24 for 224 yards, 2 TDs

You tell me... which QB was which? :noidea:

The difference: one of them threw 3 INTs.

GMU Steeler
06-14-2013, 09:24 PM

Wow I didn't recall it being that close. But that just goes to show me why the Pats haven't won since that year. They've tried making Brady into more like Manning and in the regular season they've succeeded in doing that but they've done it at the expense of their D which why they were more successful during the first half of last decade. And I'll say it again, their running game was something you had to account for then.

lloydwoodson
06-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I think Bellichick is the Devil and sold his soul to win those superbowls... but now God has the upper hand and acquiring Tebow is Bellichick's way of kissing God's ass.

NSMaster56
06-14-2013, 10:41 PM

I recall Brady hitting Branch deep a couple of times (at least).

If his stats were close to Big Ben's to finish the game it's almost assuredly because the Pats took their foot off the gas after being up so big early.

And again, it's very arguable that the Pats forced those picks as much as it is that a rookie Big Ben 'just had a bad game'. The Pats D was actually good in 04 (Harrison, Bruschi, McGinest, Seymour...).

There are many playoff losses the last 25 years where we Steelers fans can 'if' our team to victory. 2004 was not an instance.

The Pats were better.

teegre
06-15-2013, 12:47 AM
I recall Brady hitting Branch deep a couple of times (at least).

If his stats were close to Big Ben's to finish the game it's almost assuredly because the Pats took their foot off the gas after being up so big early.

And again, it's very arguable that the Pats forced those picks as much as it is that a rookie Big Ben 'just had a bad game'. The Pats D was actually good in 04 (Harrison, Bruschi, McGinest, Seymour...).

There are many playoff losses the last 25 years where we Steelers fans can 'if' our team to victory. 2004 was not an instance.

The Pats were better.

Re: Taperiots defense
It's easy to look good, when you already knew the plays. As Hines Ward & Joey Porter stated, "It's like they were in our huddle." Plus, BB had a broken thumb. And, BB was a rookie.

Whichever way that you slice it, if you give ANY team four extra possessions (3 INTs, 1 fumble), they will easily win the game.

Re: Taking their foot off of the gas
The opposite. The Tapes have been (& always will be) known for running up the score.

Re: Winning a game Vs. Owning
Were they better in 2004... maybe. They won. But, they certainly don't "own" the Steelers... which is my entire point.

Let's assume that 2004 was just a good old ass-whooping. It happens. But, that is ONE play-off win. And, one win does not equate to owning a team. By that logic, the Steelers "own" the Cardinals... and the Seahawks... and the NYJets (who they've beaten twice, in the play-offs, in the past eight years).

Yes, the Taperiots won in 2004... how exactly does one win qualify as owning a team???

Lastly, the Taperiots haven't beaten the Steelers in the play-offs, nor won a SuperBowl, since BB's (and Eli's) rookie season(s). THAT is more of a factor (of their drought) than spy-gate.

pczach
06-15-2013, 09:12 AM
How could the Patriots own any team that has been to three and won two Super Bowls since they won their last one? The two teams haven't met in the playoffs much since Roethlisberger was a rookie, and both QB's have been hurt or didn't play in other meetings in playoff games. They just haven't seen each other in the years where one of them goes on a run to get to the Super Bowl. The three years the Steelers went to the Super Bowl, the Patriots weren't good enough to advance far enough to even meet the Steelers. Where was the "owning" team and best team ever then?

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Let's assume that 2004 was just a good old ass-whooping. It happens. But, that is ONE play-off win. And, one win does not equate to owning a team. By that logic, the Steelers "own" the Cardinals... and the Seahawks... and the NYJets (who they've beaten twice, in the play-offs, in the past eight years).

Yes, the Taperiots won in 2004... how exactly does one win qualify as owning a team???

Lastly, the Taperiots haven't beaten the Steelers in the play-offs, nor won a SuperBowl, since BB's (and Eli's) rookie season(s). THAT is more of a factor (of their drought) than spy-gate.

Considering that the Pats beat the Steelers twice in four years in Pittsburgh, facing the highest possible stakes, it's as close to 'owning' a team as one can. For comparison: the Steelers have 'only' beaten the Flacco Ravens twice in the playoffs, but we still consider the Steelers to have 'owned' them, correct?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. (More precisely, the Pats owned the Cowher Steelers... we've yet to see how Tomlin's crew would do against the post-spygate Pats. But I digress...)

Both the 'haven't won since spygate' and 'lost to the Giants' thing holds weight, but those are different cases (although, once again, we could say that the Giants 'own' the Pats by virtue of two high-stakes W's).

The main reason why I think that the Pats 'own' the Steelers is not only because the Steelers haven't beaten them in the playoffs in more than 15 years (or since Belichick has coached them), but because Steelers fans obviously get riled up when the subject arises.

It's not that the Steelers need to beat the Pats en route to a title to have 'proven' themselves; the Steelers have 'proven' themselves something of a dynasty (again). What it is is quite simply: The Brady-Pats have beaten the BB-Steelers the only times it has mattered and not the other way around and that's a fact.

Rationalizing it reeks of cheap homerism.

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 04:15 PM
The two teams haven't met in the playoffs much since Roethlisberger was a rookie, and both QB's have been hurt or didn't play in other meetings in playoff games. They just haven't seen each other in the years where one of them goes on a run to get to the Super Bowl. The three years the Steelers went to the Super Bowl, the Patriots weren't good enough to advance far enough to even meet the Steelers. Where was the "owning" team and best team ever then?

This is a better case to make than making excuses for 2001.

Too often the defense is, 'well, the Pats got lucky in 2001! Tuck rule game, two fluke TD's! Blah, blah, blah!'

The fact is the Pats beat the Steelers at Heinz twice in four years (and the Pats didn't leave room for argument during the rubber-match). That's ownage.

I suppose you can make the case that the 01 Steelers didn't have Big Ben, Troy, etc., but the fact still remains that losing twice on your home turf in four years is... well, if the Steelers beat a team twice on their turf to advance to the SB we'd all be talking maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad sh*t.

It sucks that it happened, but it did. Stop living in denial.

The Steelers are still great and probably the best franchise ever. 01 and 04 can't change that.

SteelersCanada
06-15-2013, 04:22 PM
I suppose you can make the case that the 01 Steelers didn't have Big Ben, Troy, etc.,

Do you know why we never bring up the domination of the Patriots back in '08 in Foxboro? They played without Tom Brady. Acting as if beating the Steelers in '01 is the same thing as beating them with a healthy Ben and Polamalu is laughable.

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Do you know why we never bring up the domination of the Patriots back in '08 in Foxboro? They played without Tom Brady. Acting as if beating the Steelers in '01 is the same thing as beating them with a healthy Ben and Polamalu is laughable.

Also because it wasn't in the playoffs.

SteelersCanada
06-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Also because it wasn't in the playoffs.

That's fine. Saying "well, they beat us without two of the best players this franchise has ever seen at their respective positions but they've owned us!" is silly.

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 04:37 PM
What I'm saying is:

Steelers fans talk mad smack to Ravens ones, right?

And well we should!

We beat that ass in 05 and again in 2010.

And---oh yeah!---we beat their defending champ asses in 2001!

The Steelers have 'owned' the Ravens in the playoffs (which is all that really matters) during the Ray Lewis era and we aren't afraid to mention it.

It's equally fair for Pats fans to make the same case vs. the Steelers.

If you don't like it, then be careful who you dish out your smack talk to, because karma's a bitch.

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 04:40 PM
That's fine. Saying "well, they beat us without two of the best players this franchise has ever seen at their respective positions but they've owned us!" is silly.

What's silly is acting like the Steelers not having BB, Troy, etc. somehow 'lessens' the Pats W. The 01 Steelers were a damned good team and none of us knew nor cared that BB, Troy and co. existed in 01.

We all thought then and still think now that the 01 Steelers could have won it all. If they had we would revere them justly.

The Pats beat those Steelers. Then they beat a 'better' version three years later.

Rationalize it how you must, but the Pats won and the Steelers lost.

It's not a pleasant fact, but it's a fact.

pczach
06-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Just thought everyone might find this interesting and informative. Here's the entire playoff history of the Steelers and the Patriots. Here's the Steelers history:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/playoffs.htm

Here's the entire playoff history of the Patriots:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/playoffs.htm

NSMaster56
06-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Just thought everyone might find this interesting and informative. Here's the entire playoff history of the Steelers and the Patriots. Here's the Steelers history:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/playoffs.htm

Steelers are 1-3 all-time in the playoffs vs. the Pats. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/head-to-head.htm

If we're talking all-time, they still 'have our number'.

Even if they didn't it would be a case of 'who cares if the Steelers beat the Bledsoe Pats since it has nothing to do with the Belichick Pats?'.

As far as 'most hated opponents' go, I still fear the Broncos and Jags the most. Those two have always given the Steelers a game (at least in my lifetime) and everyone seems to forget it.

pczach
06-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Steelers are 1-3 all-time in the playoffs vs. the Pats. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/head-to-head.htm

If we're talking all-time, they still 'have our number'.

Even if they didn't it would be a case of 'who cares if the Steelers beat the Bledsoe Pats since it has nothing to do with the Belichick Pats?'.

As far as 'most hated opponents' go, I still fear the Broncos and Jags the most. Those two have always given the Steelers a game (at least in my lifetime) and everyone seems to forget it.

I wasn't trying to make a point. I just thought I would provide the info for anyone that wanted to actually see the stats and records of each team.

PATS16N0
06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
I think the Jets somehow started to rub off on you guys.

You should guarantee a Superbowl this off season before you go 6-10 and lose by 4 touchdowns to the Patriots in the regular season.

You would think "big bad Steeler fans" wouldn't be such cry babies and excuse makers.
But then again, you're referred to as "Squeelers" nationwide for a reason.

Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Spygate! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

We were the team of the 00's and you were our little villain bitch we smacked around on the way to our championships. Don't be mad.

lloydwoodson
06-15-2013, 10:54 PM
I think the Jets somehow started to rub off on you guys.

You should guarantee a Superbowl this off season before you go 6-10 and lose by 4 touchdowns to the Patriots in the regular season.

You would think "big bad Steeler fans" wouldn't be such cry babies and excuse makers.
But then again, you're referred to as "Squeelers" nationwide for a reason.

Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Spygate! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

We were the team of the 00's and you were our little villain bitch we smacked around on the way to our championships. Don't be mad.

Yep. You will always have only 3 trophies forever and ever. Congrats. You are the next Washington Redskins. "Hey guys... remember how good we were in the 80s?"

lloydwoodson
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
News flash:

The Steelers are awful.

Tom Brady is not the best qb ever Montana is. Eli Manning owns Brady for Christ sake!!!

The best qb now is Brees. He can throw for 300 yds and 3 tds blind and to marginal receivers.

Youre the one drinking the Koolaid.

Fire Arians
06-16-2013, 06:22 AM
the ravens haven't beaten us in the playoffs, but it sure as shit doesn't feel like we've been owning them lately, just saying.

The Patriots* last playoff win against us was when ben was a rookie. im sure things would be different now, NE doesn't have a strong defense like they did in the early 2000's, they are a soft team. We beat that ass on them the last time we played, and they had brady as well.

JonM229
06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
The Patriots* last playoff win against us was when ben was a rookie. im sure things would be different now, NE doesn't have a strong defense like they did in the early 2000's, they are a soft team. We beat that ass on them the last time we played, and they had brady as well.

This. Once they relied more on offense, they'd own most teams during the regular season, but struggled when playing teams with good defenses. Once Brady starts feeling pressure, he becomes an average QB. Look at the two SB losses to the Giants. Look at the loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Just think how much worse it would've been if he didn't have so many weapons.

GMU Steeler
06-16-2013, 09:03 AM
This. Once they relied more on offense, they'd own most teams during the regular season, but struggled when playing teams with good defenses. Once Brady starts feeling pressure, he becomes an average QB. Look at the two SB losses to the Giants. Look at the loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Just think how much worse it would've been if he didn't have so many weapons.

Right, this is what I've been saying. They've become better offensively in the regular season and they look like a better team on paper than their 01-04 teams but in the playoffs you're going to most likely facing a top notch D. They've got a team that's built to win win 12-13 regular season games by 20-30 points but they don't have a team that's ready for tough playoff games. And I hate admitting this to a Ravens fan but you guys should have beat them in the playoffs a couple years ago but Evans got a case of the dropsies and Cundiff channeled his inner Finkle. I think the reason why the Steelers and yes the Ravens have gone further in the playoffs in the past 9 years is because they play in a tougher division where they face playoff like atmospheres in the season. I can't remember the last time the Pats had a truly tough division game within the last couple years.

pczach
06-16-2013, 10:45 AM
JonM229 and GMU Steeler make great points. If you look at the links I posted on both team's playoff histories, you will see that since 2001(Brady's first playoff year), the Patriots have averaged 24.70 points per game in the playoffs. In that same timeframe, the Steelers have averaged 26.77 points per playoff game.(If my math is correct!)

The point of all those numbers is that everyone wants to tell you how great Brady and the Patriots offense is, but they have not been anywhere near great in the post season most years. Playoff football is much different than regular season football. Teams game plan for every single playoff game. During the regular season, many teams don't do tons of game planning week to week. Belichick game plans for every single regular season game, and that's why they seem to have a schematic advantage against most teams when they play them. That's also why they put up a ton of points. It works for them as they win tons of games, pads Brady's stats, and inflates the true value of that offense. When the playoffs start, and other teams game plan for the Patriots offense, they have not been close to dominant. It also demonstrates that the offensive schemes run by certain teams produce more points, but probably hurts them on the defensive side of the ball. I also think that the amount of the salary cap space used up by the offensive units surpasses the amount used on the defensive side of the ball.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Yep. You will always have only 3 trophies forever and ever. Congrats. You are the next Washington Redskins. "Hey guys... remember how good we were in the 80s?"

Do you even live in reality? The Patriots are the best team in the AFC?
Favorites to win the Superbowl every single season?

Don't have to remember anything. Can look forward to, actually, unlike the 6-10 2013 Steelers with "six rings from the past!"

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:06 AM
the ravens haven't beaten us in the playoffs, but it sure as shit doesn't feel like we've been owning them lately, just saying.

I find it HILARIOUS that Steeler fans make fun of Raven fans for dumping gatorade on their coach during a regular season game when Steeler fans STILL hang on to one regular season win against a Patriot team that's OWNED them for a decade.

How many decades you guys gonna' be riding the high from that game?

Can I get you guys a yellow towel and some gatorade to dump on each others heads to celebrate 2 years later?

This thread is becoming an exercise in understanding Pittsburgh's inferiority complex.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:13 AM

Yes, because the Steelers have SUCH a potent offense. How many teams held you to under 10 points last season? Most Steeler games are an OFFENSIVE SNOOZE FEST, so what world are you living in?

The 2012 Patriots were a historic offense even with its play makers injured the entire season. We were the third most scoring offense of all time and fell like a touchdown short of being second only behind the 2007 Patriots.

So really... who are you even kidding?

Are you under the impression that teams are scared of Big Ben and the Steelers "high powered offense?"

LOL

Patriots defense is fine. I bet statistically it's better than the Steelers defense of last year based on turn overs and points allowed. Wouldn't surprise me.

You all live in a fantasy land.

Fantasy world = People are scared of the Steelers.

Reality = LOL

pczach
06-16-2013, 11:15 AM

Don't have to remember anything. Can look forward to, actually, unlike the 6-10 2013 Steelers with "six rings from the past!"

You mean in the past like the Patriots last Super Bowl win in 2004? What an idiot....

Move along troll.

teegre
06-16-2013, 11:18 AM
NSMaster,
Some good points... (as always).

WINNING vs. OWNING
To clarify, again, there is a difference between "winning a game" and "owning a team."

2001 was a fluky win, but as I've said, a win nonetheless. That said, it easily could have gone the other way, if any one (of many) splash plays had gone the opposite direction.

2004 was a butt-kicking, as I'll concede. But, it was still only one win.

More importantly, since the 2004 season (when BB was a rookie), the Taperiots haven't won anything. Coincidence? I think not.

THE QB CLASS OF 2004
People can say what you want about spygate, I think the real reason that the Taperiots haven't won a SuperBowl in nearly ten years, is because BB and Eli (and then, Rodgers) entered the league. Likewise, Brees escaped San Diego. So, nowadays, there are a bunch of great QBs... whom the Taperiots simply can not beat.

And, Yes, that includes Joe Flacco.

Spygate may have given the Taperiots a slight advantage (which is still important, when those three SuperBowls were each decided by a FG), but, these aforementioned QBs have now more than negated any & all of that advantage.

OWNERSHIIP
I will use the example that you gave: the Ravens. Yes, the Steelers have beaten them three times in the play-offs, but I do not feel that they "own" the Ravens. All three games were slobber-knockers that could easily have gone the other way.

With Ravens fans, we (as Steelers fans) make fun of the fact that they thought that "1 > 6". And, I'm quite sure that they now believe that "2 > 6". We don't think that we own them; we just enjoy the fact that they don't understand math. (Make sense?)

Furthermore, the Ravens are the epitome of a team reveling in regular-season wins. "Woo-hoo... we beat the Steelers in the season opener... even though, in the game prior, the AFCCG, we lost... THIS regular season victory is better than a stupid play-off win!!!" (Again, does this make sense?)

SHOULD HAVE WON...
My main contention with Taperiots fans is that they repeatedly say things like "We would have won..." and "You didn't have to play us..." and "_____ was injured."

As I've illustrated, EVERY team can play the "We would have beaten _____ if..." game. In fact, one year, Washington won three games all season... with two of those against Dallas; and, Dallas won the SuperBowl. Washington fans cooold say, "If we had been in the NFCCG, we would have won." But, they didn't even make the play-offs; so, the point is moot.

Here is an actual example: the 2001 Raiders... who STILL say that they would have won the SuperBowl, if not for the Tuck rule. They disregard the fact that they would have had to have beaten the Steelers AND the Rams. But, "obviously" they would have beaten both.

Likewise, when Taperiot fans spew their "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" drivel, it reminds me of the Raiders. "If the Taperiots had been in the 2010 AFCCG, they would have won... and also beaten the Packers." Yep... just like Washington fans: the Taperiots didn't even make it that far; so, the point is moot.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:21 AM
You mean in the past like the Patriots last Super Bowl win in 2004? What an idiot....

Move along troll.

I don't talk about past rings. I talk about the potential for future ones, because the Patriots team (The CURRENT Patriots team) certainly has that potential.

You're the fan base that coddles your six rings at night while crying yourself to sleep.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Ok, nevermind. I admit it.

The entire NFL is terrified of the Steelers offense.

You're ability to put up 9 points in 4 quarters is now legendary.

Really, you're right. We're all scared to death of you.

NSMaster56
06-16-2013, 11:24 AM
I wasn't trying to make a point. I just thought I would provide the info for anyone that wanted to actually see the stats and records of each team.

Sure.

I'm was riffing myself.

Broncos, Jags and Pats... three teams any Steelers fan hates to see come January.

If my words sound 'point based' it's unintentionally natural.

NSMaster56
06-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Didn't you, in this very thread, talk about how the Pats would have beaten the Giants with a healthy Gronk?

Sounds like an excuse to me.

pczach
06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes, because the Steelers have SUCH a potent offense. How many teams held you to under 10 points last season? Most Steeler games are an OFFENSIVE SNOOZE FEST, so what world are you living in?

The 2012 Patriots were a historic offense even with its play makers injured the entire season. We were the third most scoring offense of all time and fell like a touchdown short of being second only behind the 2007 Patriots.

Are you under the impression that teams are scared of Big Ben and the Steelers "high powered offense?"

LOL

Patriots defense is fine. I bet statistically it's better than the Steelers defense of last year based on turn overs and points allowed. Wouldn't surprise me.

Reality = LOL

Since Brady took over in 2001, the Steelers have averaged more points per game when it matters.......in the playoffs. See my post above. That's why you haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004, and are overrated.

Have a nice day, and enjoy those 3 Super Bowls they've won years and years ago, because they may be the only ones in your lifetime.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Didn't you, in this very thread, talk about how the Pats would have beaten the Giants with a healthy Gronk?

Sounds like an excuse to me.

It stands to reason that the biggest red zone threat in the NFL, and 2nd best player on the Patriots roster, would have made a significant difference.

But that's a one line comment on reality. It's not ten years of "Waaaaa! You beat us because you secretly knew all our plays and it was an NFL conspiracy. Waaaa!"

pczach
06-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I don't talk about past rings. I talk about the potential for future ones, because the Patriots team (The CURRENT Patriots team) certainly has that potential.

You're the fan base that coddles your six rings at night while crying yourself to sleep.

You have to talk about past rings. That's all you have!

:toofunny:

Yeah, we're crying ourselves to sleep with the 2 Super Bowl wins the Steelers have won since you won your last one!

What a tool!

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Gameday thread against the Patriots is gonna' be fun this year.

Gonna be a lot of Steelerfever chest thumping leading up to the game, then it's gonna' be 35 - 0 Patriots by the end of the second half and everyone is gonna' just go to sleep and talk about a 2011 regular season game afterwards lol

pczach
06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
It stands to reason that the biggest red zone threat in the NFL, and 2nd best player on the Patriots roster, would have made a significant difference.

But that's a one line comment on reality. It's not ten years of "Waaaaa! You beat us because you secretly knew all our plays and it was an NFL conspiracy. Waaaa!"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW2jBkt5gZjmYjHpNG502vVPW7NfdKc 8E0xKpq3_qGY-aJ3GfC

pczach
06-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Gameday thread against the Patriots is gonna' be fun this year.

Gonna be a lot of Steelerfever chest thumping leading up to the game, then it's gonna' be 35 - 0 Patriots by the end of the second half and everyone is gonna' just go to sleep and talk about a 2011 regular season game afterwards lol

Juggling and dealing with all these different losing arguments must be exhausting...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTgkhLTYbePcRVoZsFKj6N6p_VTLIL0 QdoVK9jaqS-YXaQg3-U

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not losing any arguments. I say the Patriots own the Steelers and Brady is like 6-1 against them, with most of those wins coming in the form of 35+ points.

You people are the one's delusional enough to try and argue otherwise, and think you're winning that argument lol.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 12:35 PM
You know, you guys were saying all this last year and look what happened.
The Patriots were in the AFC Championship game (AGAIN) and your hated Ravens won the Superbowl.

Where were the almighty Steelers you over rate so drastically? Not even in the play offs.
Home with all the scrubs where they deserved to be.

I mean didn't you lose to the Raiders?

So you're arguments just sound like incoherent rambling, if you want to know the truth.

SteelersCanada
06-16-2013, 01:02 PM
How anyone can predict a game that is still months away is beyond me. How do you know that one team isn't going to suffer significant injuries at some point leading up to that game?

You're trying to get under our skin in the dumbest way possible. It's not even shit talking, you just sound like a moron.

MACH1
06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5201/patriots2bv2.jpg

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Considering Tom Brady holds the ALL TIME RECORD FOR POST SEASON WINS, this picture really means a lot.

No, really. It does.

Just think about it awhile.

haha, Jets Dolphins, hahaha.

See? Funny!

MACH1
06-16-2013, 01:40 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5bEjikh8IYI-FKAmT3nKYXqbGtgbcJKp7GUgCZCZ2_6F9ADKw

NSMaster56
06-16-2013, 01:46 PM

It stands to reason that a healthy Bettis could have helped the Steelers beaten the Pats in 01.

It stands to reason that the blocked FG/Punt return TD were flukes that would not have happened if you replayed the game nine more times.

It stands to reason that vs. Oakland Brady fumbled, but was saved by a interpretation of a dumb rule.

It stands to reason that if the Patriots would tape their opponents for a game of lesser impact that they also might in an attempt to gain an advantage in an AFCG or SB.

We can do this all day.

It's all excuses and hypotheticals that amount to nothing.

Pats beat the Steelers. No excuses.

Giants beat the Pats. No excuses.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 01:51 PM
It stands to reason that a healthy Bettis could have helped the Steelers beaten the Pats in 01.

It stands to reason that the blocked FG/Punt return TD were flukes that would not have happened if you replayed the game nine more times.

It stands to reason that vs. Oakland Brady fumbled, but was saved by a interpretation of a dumb rule.

It stands to reason that if the Patriots would tape their opponents for a game of lesser impact that they also might in an attempt to gain an advantage in an AFCG or SB.

We can do this all day.

It's all excuses and hypotheticals that amount to nothing.

Pats beat the Steelers. No excuses.

Giants beat the Pats. No excuses.

The truth is I don't make excuses for the Patriots loss to the Giants.

The Patriots won 3 Superbowls by a combined total of very few points, and lost two Superbowls the same way.

The truth is going 5/5 in Superbowls is pretty freaking hard. Sure, Montana went 4/4, and Montana was great, but that was in an era before salary caps and free agency.

The Giants were a team tailor made to defeat a team like the Patriots, even if they were incredibly close games (two of the best Superbowls of all time).

It makes the ridiculous "spygate" allegations absurd and reveals it for what it is - sour grapes.

The Patriots could have just as easily lost the first 3 Superbowls and won the last two (with an undefeated 19-0 season). They could have also just as easily won all five or lost all five.

Game of inches.

But the fact is the Patriots were THERE five times in TEN years, not that you would know that reading this forum.

Edit: And cry me a river but when Brady retires he WILL be regarded as the best Quarterback of all time. Most already give him that respect except his most biased haters + Colt fans.
The only thing the 4th ring now does is eliminate the last remaining refuge for his haters.

Double Edit: Going to the Superbowl and losing (like Brady) is a lot better than going to the play offs and getting eliminated early (Montana).
If Montana powered through some of those play offs he was eliminated in, it's very doubtful he would have had a perfect Superbowl record.

Also, the Patriots defense in the 2011/2012 season was horrible. That team was brought to the big dance on Brady's shoulders and the fact that he did that, even if he ultimately lost, should be another notch under his belt for just how amazing he is at his position. The same could be said for the 2006 season when the Patriots dumped virtually every offensive weapon they had and still came one play away from the Superbowl and depriving Manning his one lonely ring.

mikegrimey
06-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Not a fan of the signing (or the boring interminable patriots/steelers shit talking fest) but I guess if a team was going to sign him a franchise like the pats makes the most sense. There won't be a QB controversy and maybe they'll avoid letting him block for punts... Plus I think their coaching staff has enough clout to keep Tebow quieter and not out in front of the media so much.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Not a fan of the signing (or the boring interminable patriots/steelers shit talking fest) but I guess if a team was going to sign him a franchise like the pats makes the most sense. There won't be a QB controversy and maybe they'll avoid letting him block for punts... Plus I think their coaching staff has enough clout to keep Tebow quieter and not out in front of the media so much.

Belichick more or less destroyed Tebowmania after the first press conference.
Can't imagine media traveling to Mass over and over just to hear "We'll do what's best for the team." over and over again.

lloydwoodson
06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Montana's qb rating in the playoffs is 95.6. Brady's is 87.4. Montana is 4-0 in Superbowls with 4 near perfect games; Brady got stomped twice by little Eli Manning.

Pittsburgh>Baltimore>New England

Brady SHOULD be 0-3 vs Flacco in the playoffs but that bum Lee Evans dropped that pass last year.

Think about that.

Flacco owns Brady.

49, 58, 62... Brady's last 3 playoff games vs the Ravens. This is the best qb ever???
The best qb ever gets embarassed by Flacco and Eli Manning? I don't think so.

Thank God the Ravens are good for one thing- humiliating the Patriots in their own building. 1-2 @ home vs Flacco in the playoffs and Brady is the best qb ever??? And as I said should be 0-3.

NSMaster56
06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
The truth is I don't make excuses for the Patriots loss to the Giants.

The Patriots won 3 Superbowls by a combined total of very few points, and lost two Superbowls the same way.

The truth is going 5/5 in Superbowls is pretty freaking hard. Sure, Montana went 4/4, and Montana was great, but that was in an era before salary caps and free agency.

The Giants were a team tailor made to defeat a team like the Patriots, even if they were incredibly close games (two of the best Superbowls of all time).

It makes the ridiculous "spygate" allegations absurd and reveals it for what it is - sour grapes.

The Patriots could have just as easily lost the first 3 Superbowls and won the last two (with an undefeated 19-0 season). They could have also just as easily won all five or lost all five.

Game of inches.

But the fact is the Patriots were THERE five times in TEN years, not that you would know that reading this forum.

Very true. Well said.

Buddha Bus
06-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Don't be like Gopher.

I have absolutely no problem with him acting/sounding like Gopher. It just means he'll be gone forever real soon too. I just hope there's a toilet big enough and with sufficient sucking power to accept this moronic turd. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
06-16-2013, 04:35 PM

No, actually it strenghtens it. There's a razor-thin line between winning and losing in the NFL to begin with, and any edge, no matter how small, is significant.

Nobody is arguing that taping gave the Patriots a huge edge, and they were already a good team to begin with. A very good team. Again, nobody's arguing that. But based upon a preponderance of the evidence, it's quite clear it gave them an edge, albeit small.

And the evidence is the fact that they went from winning Super Bowls by a margin of a field goal a piece to losing them by roughly the same amount AFTER the whole Spygate thing. Sorry, but I don't think that's a coincidence. And the fact that Goodell played judge, jury and executioner by destroying the evidence without an independent external review even makes the whole thing stink that much more.

Want people to shut the fuck up about it? Then win a damn Super Bowl without the taping.

Buddha Bus
06-16-2013, 04:39 PM

And you are calling US crybabies.... while crying your eyes out over Gronkowski's injury in every other thread you post? Do you even read your own stupidity before you hit "Submit Reply" or are you a lower primate who just bangs on the feces covered keys hoping for the best?

I think whatever team of scientists that are experimenting on you in the lab you're locked in, in the hopes of creating a race of super-intelligent monkeys, needs to pull the plug and torch the whole building because it is clear to us they have failed miserably.

PATS16N0
06-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Steeler fans don't understand the difference between pointing out one indisputable fact and constantly whining about things that don't even make sense.

The entire nation considers your fan base to be the whiniest of all the fan bases. All you do is whine and complain and cry.

Sure, Patriot fans are known for supreme arrogance, but if I had to choose between the two...

Keep on squealing. We're almost up to 20 pages of pure Steeler fan whining about games that took place over a decade ago.

But Patriot fans live in the past lol.

MACH1
06-16-2013, 05:10 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkskqCUWpUSOfTvO_Jo-QKrMcdnshufshICFowje264E-kRtAz

43Hitman
06-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Steeler fans don't understand the difference between pointing out one indisputable fact and constantly whining about things that don't even make sense.

The entire nation considers your fan base to be the whiniest of all the fan bases. All you do is whine and complain and cry.

Sure, Patriot fans are known for supreme arrogance, but if I had to choose between the two...

Keep on squealing. We're almost up to 20 pages of pure Steeler fan whining about games that took place over a decade ago.

But Patriot fans live in the past lol.

Yet here you are whinning about Gronk on a Steelers board. Scrub.
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

43Hitman
06-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh and Buddha, your fucking grass clippings are littering up my rock gardens! Tell that lackey yard man NEPats* to do a better job, you deserve better than second rate yard work.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 03:41 AM

LOL

Reality = LOL

since you want to throw spygate out of the window, let's just say...

FACT = your team hasn't won a championship since your defense fell off

deny it all you want. how many you guys won in the last 10 years? and yeah I guess I can only talk about the last meetings since 2005 since those are the only games that 1) have been played against us, and 2) relevant since we've had the same players or somewhat similar rosters since then.

the patriots* are proof that offense can't win it all. without a defense your team will never be a contender again, i don't care if you have the best qb.

marino couldn't do it for the same reason, and he is probably twice the qb brady is. montana, bradshaw, elway were great, but they also had kick ass defenses. defense isn't optional when it comes to championship teams. you're an idiot if you fail to realize this.

steelers defense was ranked #1 last 2 years, what is the patriots again? then ask me again who's living in a fantasy land after you answer that question :chuckle:

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 03:44 AM

yeah the pats are clearly the best team in the AFC, losing to teh ravens and having 0 championships in the last 9 years. go pats!

sure they had a couple of appearances, which they LOST. congrats on being 2nd place aka first loser a couple times lmao

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 03:48 AM
I mean didn't you lose to the Raiders?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/stormangel1/cheaters3.jpg

not only did you guys get caught cheating, but you also had refs change the rules of the game on the spot to help you win as well

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 03:50 AM

lol, and didn't they lose to the jets in the playoffs a few years ago? THAT is sad.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 06:40 AM
lol, and didn't they lose to the jets in the playoffs a few years ago? THAT is sad.

Jets had the best defense in the league. What's your excuse for getting burned by Tebow in overtime? In fact, what's your excuse for even being IN overtime?

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 06:44 AM
No, actually it strenghtens it. There's a razor-thin line between winning and losing in the NFL to begin with, and any edge, no matter how small, is significant.

Nobody is arguing that taping gave the Patriots a huge edge, and they were already a good team to begin with. A very good team. Again, nobody's arguing that. But based upon a preponderance of the evidence, it's quite clear it gave them an edge, albeit small. .

It's also quite clear that you don't understand what a leap in logic is.

1. See light in sky.
2. Assume U.F.O.
3. Aliens are real.
4. Everything here on earth must be a lie, earth's religions are false, and our government is covering up first contact.

Why? You saw light in sky.

1. Patriots troll Jets practice in 2007.
2. Obviously all Patriot Superbowl's are illegitimate from 2001, 2003, and 2004, and they cheated to win everything.

Why? Uhhh.....

I actually think the first scenario is a better example of reason.

fansince'76
06-17-2013, 08:25 AM

1. See light in sky.
2. Assume U.F.O.
3. Aliens are real.
4. Everything here on earth must be a lie, earth's religions are false, and our government is covering up first contact.

2. Obviously all Patriot Superbowl's are illegitimate from 2001, 2003, and 2004, and they cheated to win everything.

Why? Uhhh.....

It's also quite clear that you are in denial.

One Jets practice? Belichick carried on the practice of illegally videotaping opponents for SEVEN YEARS.

Patriots taping since 2000 (http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/02/14/patriots_taping_since_2000/?page=full)

And before you pull out the other typical Patsfan shopworn excuse that "it was legal until Ray Anderson issued that memo in 2006," WRONG. it was ALWAYS illegal, and Ray Anderson's memo to that effect was simply a reiteration of that fact.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 08:41 AM

1. See light in sky.
2. Assume U.F.O.
3. Aliens are real.

Why? Uhhh.....

Hey, asshat! You still haven't ever answered the question. If Spygate was no big deal and didn't help the Patriots* in any way, then why risk doing it? What's the benefit of chancing getting caught and penalized for no reward? Why did the NFL fine Belichick $500,000, the Pats* $250,000, and take away their next first round draft pick? The penalty wasn't severe enough, but they DID penalize the Pats* for it. Seems to me that that is proof there was validity to the claim and, you can deny it all you want, that it brings under suspicion the Super Bowl wins the Pats* had during that same period. It is compounded by another fact.... that the Pats* haven't won a Super Bowl since being busted for it (that's another FACT for you).

Yeah, sure.... it was no big deal and a complete fiction. Keep talking, fucktard. You only make yourself look dumber with every post. Keep ignoring THOSE facts along with the fact that the Steelers whipped that ass in the last matchup and have had more championship success in the past 8 years, as well as over history, than your team will have in the rest of it's history.

P.S.- Keep crying about Gronkowski too. Your tears taste like candy.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 08:41 AM
It's also quite clear that you are in denial.

One Jets practice? Belichick carried on the practice of illegally videotaping opponents for SEVEN YEARS.

Patriots taping since 2000 (http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/02/14/patriots_taping_since_2000/?page=full)

And before you pull out the other typical Patsfan shopworn excuse that "it was legal until Ray Anderson issued that memo in 2006," WRONG. it was ALWAYS illegal, and Ray Anderson's memo to that effect was simply a reiteration of that fact.

At a time when EVERYONE else in the National Football League did too, hence the memo that was sent out to all football teams before the 2007 season. Your own Bill Cowher admitted everyone did this.

Jimmy Johnson admitted on a radio station he did it ALL THE TIME for the Cowboys during their Superbowl championships.

Taping signals in practice is not necessarily applicable and doesn't translate into "cheating on the field" which is what you like to paint it as.

You conveniently like to ignore, LIKE ALL STEELER FANS, that your OWN HEAD COACH said this was everywhere (which is a CONFESSION) and other Superbowl championship coaches have admitted to doing the same exact thing.

IT WAS COMMON, WIDESPREAD, PART OF THE NFL.
Not unique to the Patriots.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 08:44 AM
If you consider about 5 sentences that mention Gronk, amid 20 pages of posts, "crying", what do you call your constant whining about your tinfoil hat NFL conspiracy theories you mention redundantly over and over and over again, even when they're completely nonsensical?

teegre
06-17-2013, 08:54 AM
It bears iteration:

People can say what you want about spygate, I think the real reason that the Taperiots haven't won a SuperBowl in nearly ten years, is because BB and Eli (and then, Rodgers) entered the league. Likewise, Brees escaped San Diego. So, nowadays, there are a bunch of great QBs... whom the Taperiots simply can not beat.

Spygate may have given the Taperiots a slight advantage (which is still important, when those three SuperBowls were each decided by a FG), but, these aforementioned QBs have now more than negated any & all of that advantage.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 08:57 AM
At a time when EVERYONE else in the National Football League did too, hence the memo that was sent out to all football teams before the 2007 season. Your own Bill Cowher admitted everyone did this.

Jimmy Johnson admitted on a radio station he did it ALL THE TIME for the Cowboys during their Superbowl championships.

Taping signals in practice is not necessarily applicable and doesn't translate into "cheating on the field" which is what you like to paint it as.

You conveniently like to ignore, LIKE ALL STEELER FANS, that your OWN HEAD COACH said this was everywhere (which is a CONFESSION) and other Superbowl championship coaches have admitted to doing the same exact thing.

I love how you conveniently overlook one key point.... those instances may have been true and everyone was doing it, but that was also BEFORE this memo was sent out. Everybody was on a level playing field prior to that. Afterwards, the Patriots* are clearly gaining an advantage by continuing to do it. No other team was caught doing this. The Patriots* were penalized for it. More proof that what they were doing was illegal. A child could understand this but, apparently, not you. You can deny it ever happened all you want, but there is clear proof to the contrary.

If you consider about 5 sentences that mention Gronk, amid 20 pages of posts, "crying", what do you call your constant whining about your tinfoil hat NFL conspiracy theories you mention redundantly over and over and over again, even when they're completely nonsensical?

This isn't the first thread you've whined about the same damn thing, and everyone here knows it. You've been crying about Gronk and how the Pats* could have won another SB if he wasn't injured for awhile. Now you're a liar as well as an idiot.

teegre
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Spot on, Buddha.

As I've mentioned to NETapes (in many threads):

My main contention with Taperiots fans is that they repeatedly say things like "We would have won..." and "You didn't have to play us..." and "_____ was injured."

As I've illustrated, EVERY team can play the "We would have beaten _____ if..." game. In fact, one year, Washington won three games all season... with two of those against Dallas; and, Dallas won the SuperBowl. Washington fans cooold say, "If we had been in the NFCCG, we would have won." But, they didn't even make the play-offs; so, the point is moot.

Here is an actual example: the 2001 Raiders... who STILL say that they would have won the SuperBowl, if not for the Tuck rule. They disregard the fact that they would have had to have beaten the Steelers AND the Rams. But, "obviously" they would have beaten both.

Likewise, when Taperiot fans spew their "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" drivel, it reminds me of the Raiders. "If the Taperiots had been in the 2010 AFCCG, they would have won... and also beaten the Packers." Yep... just like Washington fans: the Taperiots didn't even make it that far; so, the point is moot.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Spot on, Buddha.

As I've mentioned to NETapes (in many threads):

Careful now, Teeg..... too much common sense may send his feeble mind into overload and he could fall into a seizure-induced coma.

He must be one hell of a dodgeball player though. The way he ignores and dodges facts and questions, he must be world ranked.

fansince'76
06-17-2013, 09:06 AM

Yeah, OK, guy. The only reason that memo was sent out to begin with is because the Patriots got nailed for the exact same thing during preseason the year before.

According to several executives in the league, the season opener against the Jets was not the first time the Patriots had been spotted taping another team’s defensive coaches at Giants Stadium. In the final preseason game of 2006, the Patriots were caught taping a Giants defensive assistant giving signals, the executives said.

The incident prompted a letter addressed to all teams seven days later from the N.F.L. vice president Ray Anderson that detailed the league’s interpretation of the rules.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/sports/football/22patriots.html?ex=1204261200&en=7b8ddff987863917&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS&_r=0

Keep telling yourself that everyone else was doing it.

NEBandwagon
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
hey NEPatriots is right, the patriots are the best team in the league in the past decade!

why? CAUSE ESPN SAYS SO. IF they say so, it must be right, right?

Deny it all you want losers, we will just keep creating more strawman arguments and dodging the questions altogether. and if you guys do win, we will probably disappear and say we weren't pats fans to begin with, so we don't know what you're talking about.

in either case, we win!

patriots for life! (since 2001, but not before then! lol!)

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 12:01 PM
hey NEPatriots is right, the patriots are the best team in the league in the past decade!

why? CAUSE ESPN SAYS SO. IF they say so, it must be right, right?

Deny it all you want losers, we will just keep creating more strawman arguments and dodging the questions altogether. and if you guys do win, we will probably disappear and say we weren't pats fans to begin with, so we don't know what you're talking about.

in either case, we win!

patriots for life! (since 2001, but not before then! lol!)

well at least he's honest :chuckle:

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey, asshat! You still haven't ever answered the question. If Spygate was no big deal and didn't help the Patriots* in any way, then why risk doing it? What's the benefit of chancing getting caught and penalized for no reward? Why did the NFL fine Belichick $500,000, the Pats* $250,000, and take away their next first round draft pick? The penalty wasn't severe enough, but they DID penalize the Pats* for it. Seems to me that that is proof there was validity to the claim and, you can deny it all you want, that it brings under suspicion the Super Bowl wins the Pats* had during that same period. It is compounded by another fact.... that the Pats* haven't won a Super Bowl since being busted for it (that's another FACT for you).

Yeah, sure.... it was no big deal and a complete fiction. Keep talking, fucktard. You only make yourself look dumber with every post. Keep ignoring THOSE facts along with the fact that the Steelers whipped that ass in the last matchup and have had more championship success in the past 8 years, as well as over history, than your team will have in the rest of it's history.

P.S.- Keep crying about Gronkowski too. Your tears taste like candy.

Asshat? lol.

Those fines and penalties you mentioned were from violations of LEAGUE RULES, not for cheating. Violations, as we now know, that pretty much accompanies EVERY other teams Superbowl championships before hand, and in the case of Belichick, no doubt started with Parcels in NY.

You don't understand the difference between cheating and breaking league rules, I know.

English is hard.

It's like if a college team breaks NCAA rules for recruiting. They get penalized for being in violation of NCAA rules. They're not getting penalized for cheating.

Jimmy Johnson said everyone did it. He said he did it. He said he used to rummage through garbage cans looking for opposing game plans.

Madden said it's nonsense.

Howie Long said any media or NFL team in the league that jumps down Belichick's throat for "Spygate" is, and I quote, a "Hypocrite."

"Spygate" is an NFL fantasy for rivals of the Patriots to justify losing to them on the FIELD.

Nothing more

But I know, English, reason, logic... all of these things are hard. :noidea:

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
It bears iteration:

The Patriots haven't won a Superbowl because quarterbacks that aren't as good as Brady to begin with entered the league?

LOGIC IS HARD

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:00 PM
I love how you conveniently overlook one key point.... those instances may have been true and everyone was doing it, but that was also BEFORE this memo was sent out. Everybody was on a level playing field prior to that. Afterwards, the Patriots* are clearly gaining an advantage by continuing to do it. No other team was caught doing this. The Patriots* were penalized for it. More proof that what they were doing was illegal. A child could understand this but, apparently, not you. You can deny it ever happened all you want, but there is clear proof to the contrary.

Oh, ok, so according to the genius Steeler fans, everyone else who was doing it gets a pass for their Superbowl wins, but the PATRIOTS R CHEATERS BECUZ A MEMO WAS OUT.

THINKING IS HARD

NSMaster56
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
It bears iteration:

This x1000.

No disrespect to the Pats, who earned those three titles, but the only threat to the Pats out of the AFC from 01-04 were Peyton and the Colts.

Once they were out of the picture the road to the SB was easy. The post-Coughlin Jags were in disarray, the post-Gruden Raiders moreso and Fischer's Titans never figured out their offense.

The 2004 Pats are still one of the more impressive teams of all-time---they were freakishly talented and took just about every team to task---but the 01/03 versions, while good, didn't exactly top elite competition en route to Lombardi's.

Of course, the 08 Steelers didn't defeat memorable opponents en route to their sixth title either, so... it's mostly square.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Asshat? lol.

Those fines and penalties you mentioned were from violations of LEAGUE RULES, not for cheating. Violations, as we now know, that pretty much accompanies EVERY other teams Superbowl championships before hand, and in the case of Belichick, no doubt started with Parcels in NY.

You don't understand the difference between cheating and breaking league rules, I know. (:rofl:)

English is hard.

It's like if a college team breaks NCAA rules for recruiting. They get penalized for being in violation of NCAA rules. They're not getting penalized for cheating.

Jimmy Johnson said everyone did it. He said he did it. He said he used to rummage through garbage cans looking for opposing game plans.

Howie Long said any media or NFL team in the league that jumps down Belichick's throat for "Spygate" is, and I quote, a "Hypocrite."

"Spygate" is an NFL fantasy for rivals of the Patriots to justify losing to them on the FIELD.

Nothing more

cheat  

verb (used with object)
to defraud; swindle: He cheated her out of her inheritance.
to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero.
to elude; deprive of something expected: He cheated the law by suicide.
verb (used without object)
to practice fraud or deceit: She cheats without regrets.
to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.
to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.
Informal. to be sexually unfaithful (often followed by on ): Her husband knew she had been cheating all along. He cheated on his wife.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheat?s=t

__________________________________________________ ______

That's a freebie. The next English lesson will cost you $10.

NEBandwagon
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Asshat? lol.

You don't understand the difference between cheating and breaking league rules, I know.

English is hard.

Nothing more

You are ABO****ELY right! I don't understand why these people don't get this logic at all.

For example, when I was in high school, I got in trouble for shoplifting. The police officer said it was a criminal offense, and I was like nah man, it's shoplifting. If it were a criminal offense, I would have gotten in trouble for a criminal offense, not shoplifting right? stupid cops.

I broke the rules saying I couldn't shoplift, but that's not breaking the law. I don't get how people can't see things like this. idiots!

NEBandwagon
06-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh, ok, so according to the genius Steeler fans, everyone else who was doing it gets a pass for their Superbowl wins, but the PATRIOTS R CHEATERS BECUZ A MEMO WAS OUT.

THINKING IS HARD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLnlVGJnEME

NEPatriots, I wanted to dedicate this song to you, my brother in arms and best friend on this message board. I love you with all of my body (unless the patriots suck this year, then FU, but I'm sure you understand)

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
You guys are the Democrats of professional sport fan bases.

lol.

NSMaster56
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
The Patriots haven't won a Superbowl because quarterbacks that aren't as good as Brady to begin with entered the league?

LOGIC IS HARD

No, they haven't won a SB because the competition in the AFC got harder since the Big Ben/Eli/Rivers draft.

Granted, Big Ben and Rivers haven't beaten the Pats in the playoffs, but Peyton's Colts, Jake Plummer's Broncos, Flacco's Ravens and the Sanchize have taken down the Brady-Pats before the SB.

The Pats haven't been able to win 13+ games a year and take home field every year, then coast to SB apps. Part of that is also because of all of their defensive losses, and another part to D's 'figuring out their schemes', but a large part is also due to a generally improved AFC.

The 17-0 Pats barely beat Phil Rivers w/ a torn PCL and it helped that LDT chose to ride a bike instead of man up.

The 2011 Pats needed Lee Evans to drop an easy TD and Billy Cundiff to shank a PAT to beat the Ravens.

The Pats are still the class of the AFC, but it's obviously become harder for them, elite offense and all, to make it to the SB than it was from 01-04.

NEBandwagon
06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
tom brady is the reason my pee pee reached 20 inches

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM

lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttKJwvFIgw

NEBandwagon
06-17-2013, 01:24 PM

lol.

preach it brother. We're the benzino or suge knight of fanbases because we're quick to throw our team under the bus if we feel they are underperforming. but that's how we roll. us people in boston are gangsters and we get down.

cheer for our team after a losing season? nah, we ain't about that sweet stuff, kid. that's what the bills fans are for.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:25 PM
No, they haven't won a SB because the competition in the AFC got harder since the Big Ben/Eli/Rivers draft.

Granted, Big Ben and Rivers haven't beaten the Pats in the playoffs, but Peyton's Colts, Jake Plummer's Broncos, Flacco's Ravens and the Sanchize have taken down the Brady-Pats before the SB.

The Pats haven't been able to win 13+ games a year and take home field every year, then coast to SB apps. Part of that is also because of all of their defensive losses, and another part to D's 'figuring out their schemes', but a large part is also due to a generally improved AFC.

The 17-0 Pats barely beat Phil Rivers w/ a torn PCL and it helped that LDT chose to ride a bike instead of man up.

The 2011 Pats needed Lee Evans to drop an easy TD and Billy Cundiff to shank a PAT to beat the Ravens.

The Pats are still the class of the AFC, but it's obviously become harder for them, elite offense and all, to make it to the SB than it was from 01-04.

First of all, Evans didn't "drop" a pass - it was stripped. It was an amazingly clutch defensive play by Moore, not "a drop", even if that sounds better in Steeler land.

The Patriots beat the Ravens in 2011. Just because they won by a little, doesn't mean they deserved to lose, unless you think teams that only lost by a little "deserved to win" which is absurd.

Secondly, the field goal kick wouldn't of won the football game, which is how peoples imaginations like to remember it. It would of only sent it into OT.

The 18-0 Pats also only beat the Ravens because of a bad time out call that gave the Patriots a second chance, which they seized. What's that mean? Nothing.
Winning is winning and losing is losing.

Thirdly, the Patriots went through real competition on the way to their rings.
In 2004, the Patriots had to go through the Colts, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the Eagles. Not exactly light competition.

That's running a gauntlet.

The REAL reason the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since 2004 is because the Giants have an amazing defense and a pass rush that's been compared to the 86' Bears. Oh, and because of the flukiest play in Superbowl history (the helmet catch).

In both games, Brady lead clutch final drives to put the Patriots up in the final minutes of the game. In both games, the Patriot defense crumbled, let the Giants score, and left Brady zero time to do anything to come back. (let's see Montana march 90 yards in 51 seconds with no time outs)

In other words, they lost because shit happens.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLnlVGJnEME

NEPatriots, I wanted to dedicate this song to you, my brother in arms and best friend on this message board. I love you with all of my body (unless the patriots suck this year, then FU, but I'm sure you understand)

And since we're dedicating songs, I'll dedicate this one to NEPatriots as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCM8IjtQ-o

teegre
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM

LOGIC IS HARD

Regardless of who is better than whom, Joe Flacco was great in the past two AFCCGs... and Eli has beaten the Taperiots in two SuperBowls. Brees & BB have three other SuperBowl victories. And Brady... well... he beat a rookie nine years ago.

Marino might be better than Montana, but I'd still rather have the four rings. (How is that for logic?)

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Regardless of who is better than whom, Joe Flacco was great in the past two AFCCGs... and Eli has beaten the Taperiots in two SuperBowls. Brees & BB have three other SuperBowl victories. And Brady... well... he beat a rookie nine years ago.

Marino might be better than Montana, but I'd still rather have the four rings. (How is that for logic?)

Who is denying that Flacco has become a clutch quarterback? And is this really where Steeler fans are finding refuge now against the Patriots? Nestled in the arms and lap of the RAVEN'S accomplishments? lol.

Brady played the Pittsburgh defense, chief; not Big Ben. Belichick defeated your rookie quarterback. Brady beat your defense.

teegre
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
The Vikings just called. They said that they have the best RB in the league, and that those stupid Ravens, Packers, & NYGiants are all jealous.

NSMaster56
06-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Secondly, the field goal kick wouldn't of won the football game, which is how peoples imaginations like to remember it. It would of only sent it into OT.

Point is he missed a chip shot and it gave the Pats the game.

Thirdly, the Patriots went through real competition on the way to their rings.
In 2004, the Patriots had to go through the Colts, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the Eagles. Not exactly light competition.

That's running a gauntlet.

If you go back and READ my posts I gave the 04 Pats credit twice. There's no dispute by any objective football fan that they're one of the best teams of all time. The 01/03 Pats are easily a notch below though.

The REAL reason the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since 2004 is because the Giants have an amazing defense and a pass rush that's been compared to the 86' Bears. Oh, and because of the flukiest play in Superbowl history (the helmet catch).

In other words, they lost because shit happens.

Like Asante Samuel dropping the game-ending INT.

Or Billy Cundiff shanking a game-tying FG.

Look, I'm not saying that the difference between victory and defeat isn't inches---it is.

What's obvious is that the Pats made three SB's in four years and have made only two since (two in nine years).

One can blame 'a game of inches' on that, or one can realize it's because the Pats have gotten slightly worse (overall---certainly defensively) while their competition has risen to the occasion.

The difference between the 05-13 Pats and 93-04 Steelers is negligible. They're mostly one-dimensional, near great, but obviously flawed, teams that couldn't take down superior opponents.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Who is denying that Flacco has become a clutch quarterback? And is this really where Steeler fans are finding refuge now against the Patriots? Nestled in the arms and lap of the RAVEN'S accomplishments? lol.

Brady played the Pittsburgh defense, chief; not Big Ben. Belichick defeated your rookie quarterback. Brady beat your defense.

And you relish in our team's 8-8 record last season like your pu$$y team had anything to do with it. :noidea:

teegre
06-17-2013, 01:51 PM

I listed three other QBs in my post. Why did you only choose to only reference Flacco? Odd form of debate-logic (especially for someone who taunts others about having superior logic skills).

Yep... the Taperiots beat the Steelers nine years ago. In the interim, BB & Eli have won two SuperBowls apiece, and Rodgers, Brees, and (your man crush) Flacco each have won. (Plus, Peyton slipped one in.)

That's 8 Lombardis for inferior QBSs... and 0 for the best QB in the league.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Point is he missed a chip shot and it gave the Pats the game.

If you go back and READ my posts I gave the 04 Pats credit twice. There's no dispute by any objective football fan that they're one of the best teams of all time. The 01/03 Pats are easily a notch below though.

Like Asante Samuel dropping the game-ending INT.

Or Billy Cundiff shanking a game-tying FG.

Look, I'm not saying that the difference between victory and defeat isn't inches---it is.

What's obvious is that the Pats made three SB's in four years and have made only two since (two in nine years).

One can blame 'a game of inches' on that, or one can realize it's because the Pats have gotten slightly worse (overall---certainly defensively) while their competition has risen to the occasion.

The difference between the 05-13 Pats and 93-04 Steelers is negligible. They're mostly one-dimensional, near great, but obviously flawed, teams that couldn't take down superior opponents.

Ok, so, we basically agree. I don't think any Patriot fan would even want to argue that we're as great a team without our old defensive crew. They've had a problem closing since 2007's Superbowl loss and that's really not deniable or something I'd even want to dispute.

I'm going to say that I think you get it.

ebsteelers
06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
http://theawesomeboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/432252_10150540380370009_566590008_9371588_1151141 369_n.jpg

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I listed three other QBs in my post. Why did you only choose to only reference Flacco? Odd form of debate-logic (especially for someone who taunts others about having superior logic skills).

Yep... the Taperiots beat the Steelers nine years ago. In the interim, BB & Eli have won two SuperBowls apiece, and Rodgers, Brees, and (your man crush) Flacco each have won. (Plus, Peyton slipped one in.)

That's 8 Lombardis for inferior QBSs... and 0 for the best QB in the league.

We've covered Eli. Brees isn't worth mentioning IMO
And 2008 and even 2009 were largely throw away years.
Brady was hurt.

The Patriots were more or less in a state of complete rebuilding after 2008. That's ignored by most people because it's completely foreign to them for a team to be in a state of rebuilding AND still moderately successful (14-2, play offs in 2010, etc), but that's what was going on.

I can live with us not having been Superbowl champions from 2008~2010.

2011 was obviously an over achieving year on the shoulders of Tom Brady. Last year I thought we were going back to the Superbowl.
The next few years could potentially see a 4th and perhaps even 5th ring. Our defense is coming along nicely and the team continues to improve from the team it was that carried it to a Superbowl and back to back AFC Championship games. It's been a process, one I feel is nearing completion just in time for Brady's final five seasons.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:03 PM

What about not being a Super Bowl champion from 2006-2013?

teegre
06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
We've covered Eli. Brees isn't worth mentioning IMO
And 2008 and even 2009 were largely throw away years.
Brady was hurt.

The Patriots were more or less in a state of complete rebuilding after 2008. That's ignored by most people because it's completely foreign to them for a team to be in a state of rebuilding AND still moderately successful (14-2, play offs in 2010, etc), but that's what was going on.

So, if you get this, then why are you fucking with us?

The Steelers are rebuilding... and still making it far into the play-offs and/or all the way to the SuperBowl, but not winning it (Sound familiar?).

Pittsburgh's QB was last year, ruining the season (Sound familiar?)

Of all fan bases, you should be the most empathetic. Nope... you come here and spew a bunch of vitriol. Very illogical.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
What about not being a Super Bowl champion from 2006-2013?

2006 we dumped all our offensive weapons before the 2007 reload and still came a hair from going to the Superbowl.

2007 was a helmet catch away from a 19-0 record.

2008 Brady went down for the season with an injury many thought would end his career.

2009 was the start of a complete rebuilding process, with Brady missing many practices for rehabilitation. He still played awesome.

2010, Brady returned with a vengeance, becoming the first ever unanimously voted league MVP. However, our team was full of rookies and players only in their second year and the play off lights were a little too bright for them (Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Mayo, etc).

2011 an over achieving Patriot team returned to the Superbowl on the shoulders of Brady after being written off in week #5 by the `experts` and only lost because of an amazing Manningham catch.

2012 we had the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time, a drastically improved defense, and went to another AFC Championship game.

We'll see what 2013 and 2014 brings.

I think I have cause to be more optimistic about a Superbowl this season than you people do.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
2006 we dumped all our offensive weapons before the 2007 reload and still came a hair from going to the Superbowl.

2007 was a helmet catch away from a 19-0 record.

2008 Brady went down for the season with an injury many thought would end his career.

2009 was the start of a complete rebuilding process, with Brady missing many practices for rehabilitation. He still played awesome.

2010, Brady returned with a vengeance, becoming the first ever unanimously voted league MVP. However, our team was full of rookies and players only in their second year and the play off lights were a little too bright for them (Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Mayo, etc).

2011 an over achieving Patriot team returned to the Superbowl on the shoulders of Brady after being written off in week #5 by the `experts` and only lost because of an amazing Manningham catch.

2012 we had the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time, a drastically improved defense, and went to another AFC Championship game.

We'll see what 2013 and 2014 brings.

I think I have cause to be more optimistic about a Superbowl this season than you people do.

That's a whole buncha excuses and a whole lotta nothin' in my book. I guess as a Steeler fan, I expect more actual success. :noidea:

teegre
06-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Ugh. Here we go again. Your post sounds like this:

Only my post is "tongue in cheek"; you apparently truly believe that every year you SHOULD have won the SuperBowl.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
So, if you get this, then why are you fucking with us?

The Steelers are rebuilding... and still making it far into the play-offs and/or all the way to the SuperBowl, but not winning it (Sound familiar?).

Pittsburgh's QB was last year, ruining the season (Sound familiar?)

Of all fan bases, you should be the most empathetic. Nope... you come here and spew a bunch of vitriol. Very illogical.

I'm all for playing nice until the Spygate trash comes out, which at this point, is only repeated by the most hateful and rabid of homers to discredit something they damn well known was earned. I'd happily put the 2004 Patriots against any team in the history of the NFL.

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Ugh. Here we go again. Your post sounds like this:

Only my post is "tongue in cheek"; you apparently truly believe that every year you SHOULD have won the SuperBowl.

That's how we roll.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm all for playing nice until the Spygate trash comes out, which at this point, is only repeated by the most hateful and rabid of homers to discredit something they damn well known was earned. I'd happily put the 2004 Patriots against any team in the history of the NFL.

Yet he still dodges the question.

Your "rationale" for Spygate being a myth seems to center around the level of a frustrated parent being outsmarted by their kids..... "because I said so!" :blah:

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
That's how we troll.

Fixed that for ya, buddy. :thumbsup:

teegre
06-17-2013, 02:31 PM

Like I said, it's more about the infusion of QB talent.

Now you're just talking crazy. Better than the 1994 Niners? better than the 1985 Bears? better than the 1978 Steelers? better than the 2000 Ravens? better than the 1992 Bills?

PATS16N0
Yet he still dodges the question.

Your "rationale" for Spygate being a myth seems to center around the level of a frustrated parent being outsmarted by their kids..... "because I said so!" :blah:

Your rationale for Spygate is taking a taped Jets practice and with that using your imagination to fill in a thousand and one blanks to reach a conclusion that the Patriots had this all-encompassing system for calling precise counter plays to every play of an opposing team in order to win games and championships unfairly, ignoring that the logistics for such a system are more or less impossible. In other words, you think the Patriots were playing poker where they could see everyone elses cards, and that, quite frankly, is just dumb.

Don't let that stop you though

Lokki
Patriots steal signals... Putin steals Super Bowl ring..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212453/article/robert-kraft-vladimir-putin-differ-on-super-bowl-ring

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said at the time, per The Boston Globe. Putin "was clearly taken with its uniqueness ... at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Not so fast. Kraft now admits Putin nabbed the ring -- worth upwards of $25,000 -- without his consent.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Your rationale for Spygate is taking a taped Jets practice and with that using your imagination to fill in a thousand and one blanks to reach a conclusion that the Patriots had this all-encompassing system for calling precise counter players to every play of an opposing team in order to win games and championships unfairly, ignoring that the logistics for such a system are more or less impossible.

Don't let that stop you though

Still dodging.....

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Now you're just talking crazy. Better than the 1994 Niners? better than the 1985 Bears? better than the 1978 Steelers? better than the 2000 Ravens? better than the 1992 Bills?

Aside from Eli who is lucky as hell, the only one of those quarterbacks that affected the Patriots is Flacco of last season, and while I take nothing away from Flacco, it goes without saying that he was getting away with just lobbing bombs up in the air that Boldin would come down with no matter what.

A top notch defense stopped them in 2010, not Mark Sanchez.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Mark Sanchez! :rofl:

And you have the balls to rib somebody about Tim Tebow? :sofunny:

PATS16N0
06-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Mark Sanchez! :rofl:

And you have the balls to rib somebody about Tim Tebow? :sofunny:

Sanchez was just there, amid an awesome running game and a great defense.
He didn't throw any 80 yard touchdown passes in overtime or anything. :popcorn:

teegre
06-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Aside from Eli who is lucky as hell, the only one of those quarterbacks that affected the Patriots is Flacco of last season, and while I take nothing away from Flacco, it goes without saying that he was getting away with just lobbing bombs up in the air that Boldin would come down with no matter what.

So, your team is just sitting around, letting inferior QBs win SuperBowls... because... you're altruistic? :noidea:

Like I've said, Marino might be better, but Montana has four rings. Enjoy having zero rings in the past eight seasons, while those lesser QBs collect trophies.

Who wants championships? ... when having the best QB is all that truly matters.

pczach
06-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Laughable, isn't it?

Put the pipe down and join reality NEPatriots. Wow, talk about delusional.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Sanchez was just there, amid an awesome running game and a great defense.
He didn't throw any 80 yard touchdown passes in overtime or anything. :popcorn:

He still did enough to beat the "bestest QB in the history of the universe" though, didn't he? :popcorn:

EDIT: And so did Big Ben in our last matchup. :wink02:

Fire Arians
06-17-2013, 03:11 PM

not better than the 2012 ravens obviously. or the 2010 jets :chuckle:

teegre
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Here is what I foresee for this season:

Regular season match-up:
Brady throws for 325 and 3 TDs, and the Taperiots win 31-17.

Post season:
The Taperiots lose the the divisional round, to the Broncos, in a 41-37 shoot-out.

The Steelers beat the Broncos in the AFCCG (due in part, to Shark causing three turnovers): 28-27... and go on, to beat the Niners: 31-28.

Taperiots fans will not only whine that "The Squealers didn't have to play us", Taperiots fans will aver that they SHOULD have won it all. Gronk's ankle shall be mentioned no less than twelve times.

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Here is what I foresee for this season:

Regular season match-up:
Brady throws for 325 and 3 TDs, and the Taperiots win 31-17.

Post season:
The Taperiots lose the the divisional round, to the Broncos, in a 41-37 shoot-out.

The Steelers beat the Broncos in the AFCCG (due in part, to Shark causing three turnovers): 28-27... and go on, to beat the Niners: 31-28.

Taperiots fans will not only whine that "The Squealers didn't have to play us", Taperiots fans will aver that they SHOULD have won it all. Gronk's ankle shall be mentioned no less than twelve times.

POSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN.... SO IT SHALL COME TO PASS!!!!

teegre
06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
POSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN.... SO IT SHALL COME TO PASS!!!!

There will also be confetti... and beer... and someone will wave a foam finger.

:hatsoff: