PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens Still Hoping Team Will Give Him A Chance

JonM229
06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Terrell Owens Still Hoping Team Will Give Him A Chance (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9376055/terrell-owens-hoping-team-give-chance)

Terrell Owens hasn't given up on returning to play in the NFL, saying Wednesday that he's more mature now and can still help a team if it is willing to forget his past and give him a chance.

In an interview with the NFL Network's "NFL AM" show, Owens said he hasn't gotten a call from any teams since he was released by the Seattle Seahawks last August.

He said he believes "politics" has much to do with the lack of interest in signing him.

"I think a lot of of it has to do with my reputation, things that I've done earlier in my career, but I'm a changed person, I'm a little bit more mature than I was in years past," he said.

He said he believes he could help a team develop its younger receivers but also help on the field, as well.

"I know I can still play the game and it's a matter of somebody just giving me the opportunity to go out there and play," he said.

The 39-year-old Owens hasn't played since Week 15 of the 2010 season while with the Cincinnati Bengals. He sat out the entire 2011 season following surgery on his left knee. He played for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League last year, but was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.

He said he thought the best fit for him would be a team that uses a West Coast-system, "considering that's where I started," and mentioned the Minnesota Vikings and the Kansas City Chiefs, coached by Andy Reid, his former coach with the Philadelphia Eagles, as teams he could help.

SteelerEmpire
06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote: "He played for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League last year, but was released ". That pretty much sums up his chances of returning to the NFL... lol.

fansince'76
06-12-2013, 01:08 PM
He said he believes "politics" has much to do with the lack of interest in signing him.

:rolleyes:

Owens signed with the Wranglers in February, receiving a six-figure salary and an ownership stake in the franchise located about 30 minutes north of Dallas. Owner Jon Frankel said Owens' ownership stake has been terminated because he violated his contract.

Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

Sure, Terrell, it's "politics." It's obvious that you've matured a lot. :coffee:

jacobo
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
it's his own politics. he's still has an nfl body and skills, but he's always been a bitch. that won't change.

Fire Arians
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
he's the world champ at celebrating, maybe the ravens cheerleading squad will take him

Lady Steel
06-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Oh, Terrell, you so funny. :thmbdown:

Fire Arians
06-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Oh, Terrell, you so funny. :thmbdown:

chad johnson is funny, TO is just a bitch

IowaSteeler927
06-14-2013, 05:11 AM
Dude's still in ridiculously good shape but his attitude and antics have pretty much sealed his fate. Nobody wants that locker room cancer around their franchise, same goes for Chad "Ochostinko" Johnson whose nothing but a wife beating douchebag and doesn't deserve to even carry an NFL player's jock strap after his latest stunt in a courtroom.

JonM229
06-14-2013, 07:22 AM
he's the world champ at celebrating, maybe the ravens cheerleading squad will take him

I doubt he'd make the cheerleading practice squad.

SteelersCanada
06-14-2013, 10:14 AM
If he shuts up and plays, he could be a quality number three receiver in the NFL. Sadly, I think his ego wouldn't allow him to play that role for a team.

That being said, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he gets a training camp invite by the Patriots.

JonM229
06-14-2013, 10:45 AM
If he shuts up and plays, he could be a quality number three receiver in the NFL. Sadly, I think his ego wouldn't allow him to play that role for a team.

That being said, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he gets a training camp invite by the Patriots.

Maybe the Pats can run a package where Tebow throws a ball that lands 5 feet in front of Owens.

Fire Arians
06-14-2013, 12:45 PM

i don't know, tbh i thought he kept his head straight when he was in buffalo. but the past can come back to haunt you

fansince'76
06-14-2013, 12:55 PM
i don't know, tbh i thought he kept his head straight when he was in buffalo. but the past can come back to haunt you

I think that was more a reflection of the amount of media attention the Bills, and subsequently, any of their players get (zero) than a reflection of his behavior making a dramatic improvement. Buffalo is pretty much the NFL equivalent of Siberia.

Getting kicked off of an Indoor Football League team for breach of contract (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/terrell-owens-cut-by-allen-wranglers-for-lack-of-effort/2012/05/30/gJQA9WpZ1U_blog.html) tells me that he really hasn't changed.

lloydwoodson
06-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Wait... you mean there are NFL teams who didn't give TO a chance? I thought he had played for everyone.

mikegrimey
06-16-2013, 02:43 PM

Yea bit who wants a no. 3 WR with that kind of baggage? Same deal with Tebow, why would u want a role player/backup being hounded by the media and bringing all that extra attention for?