PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Fast Willie

Dynasty
08-26-2006, 11:29 PM
If anyone was at South Hills Villiage today, Fast Willie was there signing autographs. I didn't get one, as they were 40 bucks a pop, but i did get to chat with him over the line for a few minutes. I asked him what he thought about all the rumors about Cowher retiring, and he said he hoped not, but he really had no idea. By coincidence I was wearing my Parker jersey today, so I think that was why he noticed me.

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 11:33 PM
40 bucks a pop????

Wow...seems a tad steep....glad you were able to chat with him...that must have been way cool....:cool: :cool:

tony hipchest
08-26-2006, 11:44 PM
40 bucks a pop????

Wow...seems a tad steep....glad you were able to chat with him...that must have been way cool....:cool: :cool:willies getting paid league minimum yet is being called one of the teams most indespinsable players. a brothas gotta do what a brothas gotta do.

go get em willie!

BlackNGold203
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM
willies getting paid league minimum yet is being called one of the teams most indespinsable players. a brothas gotta do what a brothas gotta do.

go get em willie!

LOL...I dunno Tony..guess Im too old...hey..more power to them if they can make a buck or two...Im sure there was no shortage of peeps layin down the cash....

melroseplace
08-27-2006, 02:10 AM
yeah I find it hard to believe that people are willing to pay that much for an autograph...put it towards a trip to Latrobe for training camp...you can get the autograph yourself (altho it's not 100% guaranteed I guess) plus you'll get to watch the guys practice

Koopa
08-27-2006, 02:14 AM
smh, can't even get a free autograph anymore

steelermaniacXL
08-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Hopefully he was donating some procedes to a charity or something... 40 bucks a pop is steep.

redst3
08-27-2006, 10:58 AM
willies getting paid league minimum yet is being called one of the teams most indespinsable players. a brothas gotta do what a brothas gotta do.

go get em willie!

I'm with Tony. That's capitalism, baby, and in this case nobody gets hurt....

PisnNapalm
08-27-2006, 11:32 AM
$40 isn't bad at all. He's not a star player anywhere other than Pittsburgh.

http://www.bcsports.com/2400/4637/1561836/1

Check out Eli's prices http://www.bcsports.com/2400/4637/1501690/1

Also, just after the Super Bowl Jerome's ticket prices were over $200 per autograph.

noto45
08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
no offnese to WP 40 bucks aint worth it!

Dynasty
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
$40 isn't bad at all. He's not a star player anywhere other than Pittsburgh.

http://www.bcsports.com/2400/4637/1561836/1

Check out Eli's prices http://www.bcsports.com/2400/4637/1501690/1

Also, just after the Super Bowl Jerome's ticket prices were over $200 per autograph.

Holy. Crap. At. Those. Links.

jaysta
08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Now for the million dollar question...who gets the money for the autograph? I say if it's Willie, than more power to him to charge what he wants. Most likely though, the sports stores got him to come out for free through the Steelers organization and then charged a premium price to get an autograph. :dang:

SteelersHoss
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Now for the million dollar question...who gets the money for the autograph? I say if it's Willie, than more power to him to charge what he wants. Most likely though, the sports stores got him to come out for free through the Steelers organization and then charged a premium price to get an autograph. :dang:

I have to disagree with you, majority of all sports athletes get up front $$$ to sign at a convention or sports shop. Last year, Montana was signing at a huge sports show and they were charging 150 and more for his auto. That is because he was charging a HUGE fee to sign.. 40 bucks is good for a Willie Parker auto. Hell, i would pay that for a Heath Miller.
jay

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
no offnese to WP 40 bucks aint worth it!

Personally, I don't think it is right under any circumstances for a professional athlete to charge for his signature - who the hell do they think pays their hefty salaries? :rolleyes: League minimum is more than most of us make in several years!!!!

Maybe that bumblehead who was impersonating Steelers' players should have given some thought to forgery instead. :busted:

NV STEELERS 723
03-08-2007, 06:26 PM
When Joe Montana was QBing the Chefs he came into the resturant I worked at...He ate in the coffee shop w/ his pilot... I was a waiter in the Dining Room, but I knew when he left because I went into the bar to have a drink...

My first wife at the time being from Kansas was a huge Chef fan and Montana fan, so I decided to ask Joe for a sig....he was a little crappy about it, but he signed for me...

I put the sig in a gold frame and gave it to her for X-Mas....now that we are divorced I should have had Joe make the autograph to ME....:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: