PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the liberals gone?

Fire Haley
06-15-2013, 12:35 PM
The left turns compliant on violating civil liberties

President Obama, who as a Democratic senator accused the Bush administration of violating civil liberties in the name of security, now vigorously defends his own administration’s collection of Americans’ phone records and Internet activities.

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid said he thinks Congress has done sufficient intelligence oversight. His evidence? Opinion polls.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi defended the programs’ legality and said she wants Edward Snowden prosecuted for leaking details of the secret operations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-the-left-turns-compliant-on-violating-civil-liberties/2013/06/14/8c30d91a-d4d2-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

--------------------

[crickets]

The_Joker
06-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm a Liberal, NOT a democrat.

End of story.

fer522
06-16-2013, 12:17 PM
They're sucking each others nuts in a cave by the ocean

The_Joker
06-16-2013, 06:00 PM
They're sucking each others nuts in a cave by the ocean

Actually I'm borrowing some fish...

MACH1
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481057_203515506465117_180601611_n.jpg

fer522
06-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Actually I'm borrowing some fish...

They're sucking each others nuts in a cave by the ocean.... And borrowing some fish :chuckle:

The_Joker
06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
They're sucking each others nuts in a cave by the ocean.... And borrowing some fish :chuckle:

I love how you're too chicken to say me, instead of generic liberals.

:drink: Love you too, conservative scum.

ricardisimo
06-17-2013, 06:50 AM
They're also not protesting any of the wars, nor any of the extra-legal assassinations, nor any of the corporate bailouts. Funny, no?

Sad, actually. My question to you, Killer, is what possible problem you could have with a president who is identical in every meaningful detail to the previous one you adored so much. My question to everyone else is why they bother voting for either major party.

:noidea:

Fire Haley
06-17-2013, 09:57 AM
They're also not protesting any of the wars, nor any of the extra-legal assassinations, nor any of the corporate bailouts. Funny, no?

hilarious - all the war protestors are now rooting for their warmonger prez while he tries to take off with $100M and go on vacation in Africa

I can't wait till Hillary is president - she's dreamy

Fire Haley
06-17-2013, 10:59 AM
another hypocrite

When B b b b b bush did it he was spitting and screaming about a police state

Al Franken Defends NSA Surveillance: It’s Not Spying

“I can assure you, this is not about spying on the American people”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/al-franken-defends-nsa-surveillance-this-is-not?ref=fpb

oh right - it's ok when a democrat does it

teegre
06-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Sad, actually. My question to you, Killer, is what possible problem you could have with a president who is identical in every meaningful detail to the previous one you adored so much. My question to everyone else is why they bother voting for either major party.

You nailed it.

Democrats were crying about GW. Republicans are now crying about Obama. And both presidents are basically Bill Clinton.... who was essentially a clone of Bush, Sr.

fansince'76
06-17-2013, 11:36 AM
another hypocrite

When B b b b b bush did it he was spitting and screaming about a police state

Al Franken Defends NSA Surveillance: It’s Not Spying

“I can assure you, this is not about spying on the American people”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/al-franken-defends-nsa-surveillance-this-is-not?ref=fpb

oh right - it's ok when a democrat does it

Consider the source...

http://aspecialthing.com/images/ASTnews/alfranken.jpg

Vis
06-17-2013, 11:39 AM
There are 2 issues.

1. Should we know about Prism?

2. Should prism exist?

Killer?

Fire Haley
06-17-2013, 11:42 AM
meanwhile, the warmonger takes your money and goes to Africa on vacation

White House defends high bills for Africa trip

President Obama is under fire for the price of the first family’s upcoming weeklong trip to Africa, which could cost taxpayers as much as $100 million at a time of federal budget cuts and furloughs.

The Obamas’ trip will take them to Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa from June 26 to July 3. The excursion will involve military cargo planes airlifting 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines, and three trucks to carry bulletproof glass panels to cover the windows where the family is set to stay.

One estimate of the cost has pegged the bill to U.S. taxpayers at somewhere between $60 million and $100 million.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/14/white-house-defends-high-bills-africa-trip/

Fire Haley
06-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Killer?

admit it, everything I told you 7 years about your Dear Leader has come true

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RwdH5DTKRas/SzYfDRXpEYI/AAAAAAAACXU/Igvo4oR4Vr4/s400/obama+fascist+4.jpg

caplovestroyp43
06-17-2013, 11:58 PM
meanwhile, the warmonger takes your money and goes to Africa on vacation

White House defends high bills for Africa trip

President Obama is under fire for the price of the first family’s upcoming weeklong trip to Africa, which could cost taxpayers as much as $100 million at a time of federal budget cuts and furloughs.

The Obamas’ trip will take them to Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa from June 26 to July 3. The excursion will involve military cargo planes airlifting 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines, and three trucks to carry bulletproof glass panels to cover the windows where the family is set to stay.

One estimate of the cost has pegged the bill to U.S. taxpayers at somewhere between $60 million and $100 million.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/14/white-house-defends-high-bills-africa-trip/

Wished they'd fucking stay there! Everyone knows that's where he's from! Don't come back. Do us ALL a favor. :mad::mad::mad:

caplovestroyp43
06-18-2013, 12:01 AM

OMG!!! You must be overdosing on the Ovomit Kool Aid!!!!

Bush WAS:

An American
A Patriot
Didn't spend millions of dollars on vacation while many others went hungry
Upheld the fact that marriage is ONLY between a man and woman
Is a Christian
Kept us protected from Al-Quieda and took down Insane Hussain
Ovomit can't hold a candle to him! Either can his silverback wife. (Sorry Harrison, I don't mean to insult you with the comparison!)

43Hitman
06-18-2013, 12:28 AM

Bush WAS:

An American
A Patriot
Is a Christian
Ovomit can't hold a candle to him! Either can his silverback wife. (Sorry Harrison, I don't mean to insult you with the comparison!)

You're fucking kidding right? Pot meet Kettle, Bush was just as bad as Obama. That's not even disputable. And do we really need to use racial overtones to describe someone's wife? Is that what we've become? Voters like you are just as guilty for this country being in shambles as Obama voters.

You sir should really look at your values and morals in life and then compare them to your so called conservative party. I bet if you are intellectually honest with yourself you will be appalled at who you've supported.

Conservative my ass.

ricardisimo
06-18-2013, 03:18 AM

Bush WAS:

An American
A Patriot
Is a Christian
Explain the Silverback comment, please. I can't wait to hear this one...

Bayz101
06-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Lol. I'm not an Obama supporter, but considering he's just following through with a lot of Bush's policies, I can't rightly say i'm a fan of his either.

Vis
06-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Are you posting in the thread about internet racists? This would be gold there.

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 08:27 AM

Bush WAS:

An American (I think he pronounces it Amurican. Sounds like a fishy accent to me. He could be one of those damn extremist foreigners!)
A Patriot (If you consider draining the country's resources in wars he lied about, getting Americans killed for his own personal vendettas, whittling away Constitutional rights, creating a serious national debt out of a large surplus, and allowing torture on enemy combatants, amongst other things, as being "a patriot" I guess you're right.)
Didn't spend millions of dollars on vacation while many others went hungry (Yeah... he just sat on his ass on his own ranch doing nothing in times of crisis. http://www.crewof42.com/uncategorized/the-most-vacationing-president-in-u-s-history-george-w-bush/)
Upheld the fact that marriage is ONLY between a man and woman (Which will thankfully be a thing of the past now that a majority are finally beginning to see the un-Constitutionality of it.)
Is a Christian (Now there's something to hang your American hat on! Everybody knows Christians are evil terrorists hell bent on the destruction of Americans everywhere like in Oklahoma City. :rolleyes:)
Kept us protected from Al-Quieda and took down Insane Hussain (Al-Qaeda hasn't carried out a successful attack on American soil during Obama's presidency either and Obama took down the mastermind of that group, you know, the REAL villain/threat of the past decade.)
Ovomit can't hold a candle to him! Either can his silverback wife. (Sorry Harrison, I don't mean to insult you with the comparison!) (No apologies to the African-American race as a whole for that blatantly racist quote though, I see.)

My responses to your points in red.

I'm no Obama supporter, but to claim Bush was somehow a better president on any of these "points' is laughable. Easily the worst president of my lifetime, if not ever.

Vis
06-18-2013, 08:37 AM
The honor Cap has done for us is if people google the silverback racist insult for it's use, SF will be in the results. I hope they also find a quick repudiation by every other member.

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
The honor Cap has done for us is if people google the silverback racist insult for it's use, SF will be in the results. I hope they also find a quick repudiation by every other member.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjhZ6jqzqlTh3XB892Qz1SzVGglxxQv QYMazppX0_XEOnFaj2N

Vis
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I wonder if she'll find a bible quote to justify it

JonM229
06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
When did I join the StormFront message boards?

Vis
06-18-2013, 10:01 AM
When did I join the StormFront message boards?

I know who referred you.

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I know who referred you.

It was this guy wasn't it?

http://hatetheradio.com/image_files/kkkramer.jpg

Vis
06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
It was this guy wasn't it?

http://hatetheradio.com/image_files/kkkramer.jpg

Jerry!

teegre
06-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Ovomit can't hold a candle to him! Either can his silverback wife.

Uh... um.... uh... wow...

I would tell you to go fuck yourself, but you would probably tell me that that is a sin.

Seriously, what is this??? Is this a joke? Why not just use the "N" word, you piece of shit. At least then, your racism would outright... and not hidden behind a veiled slur. If you're gonna go racist, don't do it half-way: go full-tilt... or, stay home.

Silverback... really... damn, I'm glad that I live in a city where that type of mindset is dead & buried.

JonM229
06-18-2013, 11:26 AM

I would tell you to go fuck yourself, but you would probably tell me that that is a sin.

Seriously, what is this??? Is this a joke? Why not just use the "N" word, you piece of shit. At least then, your racism would outright... and not hidden behind a veiled slur. If you're gonna go racist, don't do it half-way: go full-tilt... or, stay home.

Silverback... really... damn, I'm glad that I live in a city where that type of mindset is dead & buried.

How do you really feel?

teegre
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
There are two things that I can not stand: people intolerant of other races/cultures... and the Dutch.

(Anger assuaged; humor returning.)

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 11:32 AM

How do you really feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRPz6-Tkww

JonM229
06-18-2013, 11:38 AM
There are two things that I can not stand: people intolerant of other races/cultures... and the Dutch.

That's one of my all-time favorite lines. It's also probably why I love Blazing Saddles so much. There's nothing better than making racists look ridiculous. It's way more fun than yelling at them.

teegre
06-18-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZwwyHvCbo

caphatesblacks plays the role of Euphoria.

teegre
06-18-2013, 11:40 AM
That's one of my all-time favorite lines. It's also probably why I love Blazing Saddles so much. There's nothing better than making racists look ridiculous. It's way more fun than yelling at them.

Technically, it was Austin Powers... but, it is the same type of humor... and the point is the same: humor defusing racism.

JonM229
06-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Technically, it was Austin Powers... but, it is the same type of humor... and the point is the same: humor defusing racism.

It was actually from Austin Power: Goldfinger. I love me some Michael Caine. I was comparing that line with Blazing Saddles. I should've made that more clear.

I find humor the best weapon against intolerance. Getting angry just re-affirms their beliefs to them. Being laughed at can be much more devastating.

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
It was actually from Austin Power: Goldfinger. I love me some Michael Caine. I was comparing that line with Blazing Saddles. I should've made that more clear.

And for that mistake we'll be tar and feathering you today.

teegre
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
And for that mistake we'll be tar and feathering you today.

I didn't know that Jon was black...

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I didn't know that Jon was black...

Racist.

teegre
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM

I find humor the best weapon against intolerance. Getting angry just re-affirms their beliefs to them. Being laughed at can be much more devastating.

We agree 100%.

Dave Chappelle once said that humor allows the "unapproachable" subjects to be discussed with ease. Hence, his sketch of the black white supremacist.

MACH1
06-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I am all for rights and free speech but i will not allow any one to cross the line and offend other members by allowing racial slurs. Infractions and or permanent banning will be handed out and that goes for personal attacks/flaming also.

teegre
06-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQg7jTXUt8

teegre
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Who is more racist?

teegre
06-18-2013, 12:30 PM
I am all for rights and free speech but i will not allow any one to cross the line and offend other members by allowing racial slurs. Infractions and or permanent banning will be handed out and that goes for personal attacks/flaming also.

Duly noted.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
it didn't take long for the bitter crackers to ruin another one of my brilliant threads

JonM229
06-18-2013, 01:48 PM
If by brilliant you meant flame-bait, then I would agree with you.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I refuse to let the Communists win

JonM229
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I refuse to let the Communists win

Thank you for your service, Joseph McCarthy.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means

If you think Obamacare is a good idea - you are a Communist

Atlanta Dan
06-18-2013, 02:20 PM
If you think Obamacare is a good idea - you are a Communist

Or a Canadian

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Or a Canadian

Or a compassionate human being.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Or a compassionate human being.

doh! - more people will die because nobody will go to the doctor until it's too late because they can't afford it - $200 a month for health insurance

California Individual Health Premiums Will Skyrocket Up to 146% Because of Obamacare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/05/30/rate-shock-in-california-obamacare-to-increase-individual-insurance-premiums-by-64-146/

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
doh! - more people will die because nobody will go to the doctor until it's too late because they can't afford it - $200 a month for health insurance

California Individual Health Premiums Will Skyrocket Up to 146% Because of Obamacare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/05/30/rate-shock-in-california-obamacare-to-increase-individual-insurance-premiums-by-64-146/

The people that couldn't afford it now most likely could not afford it before Obamacare either.

JonM229
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM

That's only for a small percentage of people. California has actually shown that most costs will be less:

California Obamacare Premiums: No 'Rate Shock' Here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/23/california-obamacare-premiums-no-rate-shock-here/)

The Congressional Budget Office predicted back in November 2009 that a medium-cost plan on the health exchange – known as a “silver plan” – would have an annual premium of $5,200. A separate report from actuarial firm Milliman projected that, in California, the average silver plan would have a $450 monthly premium.

Now we have California’s rates, and they appear to be significantly less expensive than what forecasters expected.

On average, the most affordable “silver plan” – which covers 70 percent of the average subscriber’s medical costs – comes with a $276 monthly premium. For the 2.6 million Californians who will receive federal subsidies, the price is a good deal less expensive.

These premiums really underscore the big role that the tax subsidies play. Available to Americans who earn less than 400 percent of the poverty line ($45,960 for an individual), these federal payments limit an individual’s premiums to a specific percent of their income. An individual earning 150 percent of the poverty line, for example, won’t be expected to spend more than 4 percent of his or her income on a health plan.

That means that the individual earning $17,235 (150 percent of the poverty line) only ends up paying a fraction of the $230 premium.The federal government picks up the rest of the tab.

For a less robust “bronze” plan, which covers 60 percent of the average beneficiary’s costs, the tax credit could actually cover the entire premium for low-income twenty-somethings. That’s what you see in the upper-left corner of the chart below, which shows how much it would cost a 21-year-old earning $17,000 to buy the most affordable bronze plan: Nothing.

Vis
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Are you feeling bad for the millions of people without healthcare and are now advocating a single payer system? I'm with you.

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Are you feeling bad for the millions of people without healthcare and are now advocating a single payer system? I'm with you.

yes I am, welcome aboard

meanwhile, now even Al Gore and the German socialists are attacking Obama

groovy

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1010427_10151529747331909_1921643257_n.jpg

43Hitman
06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
yes I am, welcome aboard

meanwhile, now even Al Gore and the German socialists are attacking Obama

groovy

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1010427_10151529747331909_1921643257_n.jpg
Damn that pic is funny. :rofl:

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Damn that pic is funny. :rofl:

so where's my karma?

I don't work for free

43Hitman
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
so where's my karma?

I don't work for free

Begging will get you no where.

fer522
06-18-2013, 04:55 PM
I love how you're too chicken to say me, instead of generic liberals.

:drink: Love you too, conservative scum.

Dude,What the fuck are you talking about??!! You need to stop smoking that shit. LMFAO

Vis
06-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Dude,What the fuck are you talking about??!! You need to stop smoking that shit. LMFAO

Methinks he's banned. He might not see this.

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM

You really should have manned-up and said it to his "face", you pu$$y. :chuckle:

fer522
06-18-2013, 05:14 PM
You really should have manned-up and said it to his "face", you pu$$y. :chuckle:

Shit,I didn't wanna get my ass kicked :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Shit,I didn't wanna get my ass kicked :chuckle:

Why would Bayz get kicked?

fer522
06-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Methinks he's banned. He might not see this.

Really?!? What the hell did he do?:popcorn:

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Begging will get you no where.

misers are the devil's spawn - cheap bastards

begging is a true art form, any ho knows that

43Hitman
06-18-2013, 07:19 PM
misers are the devil's spawn - cheap bastards

begging is a true art form, any ho knows that

*looks at the amount of thanks you've given* :rolleyes:

teegre
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM

:toofunny:

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 08:06 PM

"thanks" are a pale imitation of the true nectar

only karma matters

tit for tat

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
meanwhile, as the deflectors try to hide the truth of their savior's incompetence....

{snort}

Obama lowest-rated re-elected President since WWII

President Barack Obama averaged 49.1% job approval during his first term in office, among the lowest for post-World War II presidents.

Only Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford had lower job approval averages.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/21/gallup-obama-lowest-rated-re-elected-president-since-wwii/

fer522
06-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Killer, go to sleep its late. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm up Dusk till Dawn

that's when all the hotties come out

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uVJ52qZH3Ys/UCLGZfEGnhI/AAAAAAAAIXw/soDkYBqrY18/s400/from-dusk-till-dawn-salma-hayek-slaves.jpg

teegre
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM
This ...or... that:

Salma in "From Dusk 'Til Dawn" ...or... Salma in "Dogma"?

(Whoops... wrong thread.)

Fire Haley
06-18-2013, 11:36 PM
that's easy - chicks with snakes are way hotter

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/105826/from-dusk-till-dawn-o.gif

teegre
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dMlWT-O3Q

But... school-girl outfits & a stripper pole are what dreams are made of.

Vis
06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Really?!? What the hell did he do?:popcorn:

No idea. I missed it.

fer522
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
This ...or... that:

Salma in "From Dusk 'Til Dawn" ...or... Salma in "Dogma"?

(Whoops... wrong thread.)

I wanna have a threesome with both :chuckle:

Fire Haley
06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
meanwhile, in Russia

Pravda says while Communism has failed miserably in their country, the recent U.S. presidential election demonstrates that it has scored a victory in America.

“He [Obama] is a Communist without question, promoting the Communist Manifesto without calling it so”

“How shrewd he is in America. His cult of personality mesmerizes those who cannot go beyond their ignorance. They will continue to follow him like those fools who still praise Lenin and Stalin in Russia. Obama’s fools and Stalin’s fools share the same drink of illusion.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/01/01/bye-bye-miss-american-pie-pravda-chides-obamas-soviet-mistake/

Buddha Bus
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM
meanwhile, in Russia

Pravda says while Communism has failed miserably in their country, the recent U.S. presidential election demonstrates that it has scored a victory in America.

“He [Obama] is a Communist without question, promoting the Communist Manifesto without calling it so”

“How shrewd he is in America. His cult of personality mesmerizes those who cannot go beyond their ignorance. They will continue to follow him like those fools who still praise Lenin and Stalin in Russia. Obama’s fools and Stalin’s fools share the same drink of illusion.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/01/01/bye-bye-miss-american-pie-pravda-chides-obamas-soviet-mistake/

Yeah... I'm sure he wouldn't just say that to stir up shit here. :coffee:

43Hitman
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I have no idea if Obama is a Communist or Solcialist or Muslim or whatever, all I know is he has been disingenuous with what he campaigned on in 08'. The amount of liberties he has allowed to be trampled and possibly endorsed should scare us all. Bush did the same shit too, so he isn't off the hook by any means. We really need to stop looking for a "D" or a "R", we should be looking for the right guy/gal that promotes freedom for all peoples no matter what they think or say.

The_Joker
06-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I have no idea if Obama is a Communist or Solcialist or Muslim or whatever, all I know is he has been disingenuous with what he campaigned on in 08'. The amount of liberties he has allowed to be trampled and possibly endorsed should scare us all. Bush did the same shit too, so he isn't off the hook by any means. We really need to stop looking for a "D" or a "R", we should be looking for the right guy/gal that promotes freedom for all peoples no matter what they think or say.

Oh, God! He's...using...logic! IT BURNS!!!

Lady Steel
06-20-2013, 02:34 AM
Wished they'd fucking stay there! Everyone knows that's where he's from! Don't come back. Do us ALL a favor. :mad::mad::mad:

Ya know, cap, there aren't many of us girlies on this board, and as both a woman and a Steelers sister, I really wanted to and tried to support you, but, um, yeah, no. I'm both ashamed of and embarrassed for you.

Fire Haley
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
cap is a woman?

does she know about the thong pic all newbie chicks must show to the board be accepted in our glorious little community?

Fire Haley
06-20-2013, 08:56 AM
meanwhile, in Germany

ha ha - the Euro honeymoon must be over!

Germans compare Obama's world to Communist East Germany's State Security

Stasi 2.0 - hilarious

'Yes We Scan': Germans Protest at Checkpoint Charlie as Obama Arrives in Berlin

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/berlin1.jpg

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/berlin2-2.jpg

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/06/yes-we-scan-germans-protest-at-checkpoint-charlie-as-obama-arrives-in-berlin/277008/

teegre
06-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Ya know, cap, there aren't many of us girlies on this board, and as both a woman and a Steelers sister, I really wanted to and tried to support you, but, um, yeah, no. I'm both ashamed of and embarrassed for you.

Very calmly & poignantly said. Well done.

I, on the other hand, went all "Guns of Navarone" on her.

Vis
06-20-2013, 11:30 AM

She slinks in and out since then but hasn't said anything.

The_Joker
06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
She slinks in and out since then but hasn't said anything.

I never felt so good as to serve a 3 day ban for calling her out.

I'd do it again if I was back in time.

Bayz101
06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
I never felt so good as to serve a 3 day ban for calling her out.

I'd do it again if I was back in time.

Wouldn't bother us if you were calling her out for blatant personal attacks, but in most instances she was simply sharing an opinion. A controversial one, sure, but an opinion none the less. A message board isn't a place where everyone must share the same opinion, Quack, and if you continue to personally attack users because their opinion vastly differs that of yours, your bans will be much lengthier, possibly permanent.

I understand these discussions get heated. That's expected. Personal attacks will not be accepted in this part of the forum, or any part of the forum, and we've made that clear. There was one occasion where someone said something racially insensitive, and we took care of that, among other things. Just please understand that we aren't against you. At some point you just have to agree to disagree and refrain from saying things you'll regret. If you feel a users opinions aren't worth your time, don't entertain it. Leave it alone.

I'm just giving you advice. These infractions are being handed out as the book says they should, and they do expire, but you have to stay behaved long enough to allow that to happen, buddy. :chuckle:

Bayz101
06-20-2013, 10:52 PM
But yeah, continue on. We'll watch over the discussion just like any other to make sure things don't get out of hand, and if they do, we'll handle it accordingly. Just continue the original discussion and hopefully the thread won't derail any further. :laughing:

Vis
06-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Wouldn't bother us if you were calling her out for blatant personal attacks, but in most instances she was simply sharing an opinion. A controversial one, sure, but an opinion none the less. A message board isn't a place where everyone must share the same opinion, Quack, and if you continue to personally attack users because their opinion vastly differs that of yours, your bans will be much lengthier, possibly permanent.

I understand these discussions get heated. That's expected. Personal attacks will not be accepted in this part of the forum, or any part of the forum, and we've made that clear. There was one occasion where someone said something racially insensitive, and we took care of that, among other things. Just please understand that we aren't against you. At some point you just have to agree to disagree and refrain from saying things you'll regret. If you feel a users opinions aren't worth your time, don't entertain it. Leave it alone.

I'm just giving you advice. These infractions are being handed out as the book says they should, and they do expire, but you have to stay behaved long enough to allow that to happen, buddy. :chuckle:

Can we get some clarification? What Michelle Obama was called was a much worse personal attack that anything any member was called. Is the rule simply about members? If one is just a controversial opinion, so is the other. Who got infractions and who didn't?

The_Joker
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM
If y'all're wondering where the liberals have gone, the smart ones are spitting on the whole system.

Such as me. Fuck 'em all I say.

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Can we get some clarification? What Michelle Obama was called was a much worse personal attack that anything any member was called. Is the rule simply about members? If one is just a controversial opinion, so is the other. Who got infractions and who didn't?

Cap was issued an infraction for the Michelle Obama comment. There's a difference between sharing an opinion on Abortion/Politics/God/Gay Marriage and using a racially insensitive remark such as what was used earlier in this thread, and we identified that and issued an infraction.

If you believe sharing opinions that differ your opinions is on par with issuing racially sensitive comments, i'm sorry. A lot of personal attacks have been thrown at her for her opinions, just as they were thrown at her for that unfortunate comment. Difference is, one is perfectly acceptable, and the other was completely unacceptable. We took care of the latter already, and she apologized to the forum on her own.

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Personal attacks=Infraction.
Racial Slurs=Infraction.
Opinions=Message Board.

Cap has shared her opinions on some sensitive subjects without personally attacking anyone, only to be personally attacked for her opinions. I admit I don't agree with a lot of her opinions, or really, a lot of any opinion politically. I prefer to leave political discussions alone. Just know that we're moderating the discussions and infractions will be handed out whenever the personal attacks start flying.

Vis
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Personal attacks=Infraction.
Racial Slurs=Infraction.
Opinions=Message Board.

Cap has shared her opinions on some sensitive subjects without personally attacking anyone, only to be personally attacked for her opinions. I admit I don't agree with a lot of her opinions, or really, a lot of any opinion politically. I prefer to leave political discussions alone. Just know that we're moderating the discussions and infractions will be handed out whenever the personal attacks start flying.

I didn't follow the attacks on anything but the racial slur. Not sure what opinions she was attacked on.

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Did you miss the racial slur?

Excuse me? Cap was infracted for her racial slur, and she apologized, too. We didn't miss it.

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I didn't follow the attacks on anything but the racial slur. Not sure what opinions she was attacked on.

There was instances in which she was attacked and flamed for sharing opinions. I'm not saying you did any of it, just saying it DID happen. On numerous occasions, and infractions were handed out on each occasion. if you didn't receive one, you have nothing to worry about. The slur was infracted, and Cap apologized.

Vis
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
There was instances in which she was attacked and flamed for sharing opinions. I'm not saying you did any of it, just saying it DID happen. On numerous occasions, and infractions were handed out on each occasion. if you didn't receive one, you have nothing to worry about. The slur was infracted, and Cap apologized.

Just trying to catch up. Don't make me get on your ass for this.

Fire Haley
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM
too many words - not enough exciting pictures

now that's how you unleash hell on a communist

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/20/article-2345454-1A6A53C4000005DC-358_964x645.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345454/Vietnam-War-photos-reveal-moment-U-S-troops-unleashed-hell-Viet-Cong-sniper-hills-Army-camp.html

JonM229
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
too many words - not enough exciting pictures

now that's how you unleash hell on a communist

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/20/article-2345454-1A6A53C4000005DC-358_964x645.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345454/Vietnam-War-photos-reveal-moment-U-S-troops-unleashed-hell-Viet-Cong-sniper-hills-Army-camp.html

We didn't belong over there in the first place :poke:

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Just trying to catch up. Don't make me get on your ass for this.

I know you have a thing for me, but please remain a safe distance from my ass. People are giving us looks. :wink02:

Vis
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I know you have a thing for me, but please remain a safe distance from my ass. People are giving us looks. :wink02:

Ever since I saw that picture of you and Jon in the shower.

Bayz101
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Ever since I saw that picture of you and Jon in the shower.

That was Buddha. I was holding the camera.

Fire Haley
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM

yeah - I know - I blame JFK - that was all his mess, he sent in thousands of troops and started the escalation

but when you're there, you do your job

Fire Haley
06-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Why Liberals Kill

"Liberal institutions straightaway cease from being liberal the moment they are soundly established: once this is attained no more grievous and more thorough enemies of freedom exist than liberal institutions."

This quotation's author, Friedrich Nietzsche, was no traditionalist himself; in fact, he was a harsh critic of Christianity who coined the phrase "God is dead."

Yet he knew that your republic would be dead the day liberals assumed enough power within it.

This understanding is necessary to properly evaluate the current Obama administration scandals involving NSA surveillance and IRS abuses. Critics' main focus has been debating what power the government should have, and this is a legitimate and important discussion. But even more significant is who wields that power. After all, you can exhaustively regulate the police, but it will be largely for naught if those with the great power of a gun and badge are fundamentally corrupt.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/why_liberals_kill.html#ixzz2Ws5HeYA9

-------------------------

yea verily

MasterOfPuppets
06-21-2013, 03:05 PM
that's exactly it. 58000 americans died because because the warmongering scumbags in DC think they were/are elected to run the world. they were not our enemy , we were their enemy.

Fire Haley
06-21-2013, 03:33 PM
JFK was a dedicated commie killer - I have to give him that

MACH1
06-21-2013, 08:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8460_466035363484828_1841248414_n.jpg

Fire Arians
06-21-2013, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns

Fire Haley
06-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Gotta love the Irish :applaudit:

Obama called "war criminal" & "hypocrite of the century" in Irish Parliament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QIMucHfUMyg

ricardisimo
06-22-2013, 01:59 PM

You mean you gotta love the Irish Socialist Party. I'm glad to see you're opening up, K.

JonM229
06-22-2013, 02:03 PM
You mean you gotta love the Irish Socialist Party. I'm glad to see you're opening up, K.

Why won't people read the links that Killer posts?

Oh wait...

Fire Haley
06-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't talk to Ravens fans - - they smell funny

caplovestroyp43
06-22-2013, 10:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QIMucHfUMyg

And oh so very true!!!!!! Judas priest what IS it going to take to get him impeached? He's violated our constitution, can't stand the name "God" or "Jesus Christ" mentioned, thinks it's cool to murder innocent babies in the womb and I could go on and on and on!

Get him out of office; I pray 2014 will be the Conservatives year to take back the Senate and handcuff him from doing further damage to this wonderful country I call America.

:mad::mad::mad:

SteelersCanada
06-22-2013, 11:11 PM
And oh so very true!!!!!! Judas priest what IS it going to take to get him impeached? He's violated our constitution, can't stand the name "God" or "Jesus Christ" mentioned, thinks it's cool to murder innocent babies in the womb and I could go on and on and on!

Get him out of office; I pray 2014 will be the Conservatives year to take back the Senate and handcuff him from doing further damage to this wonderful country I call America.

:mad::mad::mad:

Conservatives are going to have to adjust their ideology or they're never going to retake anything. Having their entire political ideology based on religious principles is a thing of the past and a very dated way of thinking. How about we let fiscal conservatives take the office and not people like Bachmann or Romney inflict their religious rhetoric on the United States.

"Tea partiers" like yourselves are a thing of the past. No, Obama isn't the antichrist and he isn't going to be impeached because of your laughable idea of his principles. Saying things like "he can't stand the name 'God'" makes all conservatives look bad. There are legitimate things to criticize Obama on but his intolerance of religious values isn't one of them.

But because you've posted racist and ignorant things about Obama and his wife before, I very much doubt this gets to you.

I don't know how to say this any clearer: clowns like Romney, Paul, Bachmann and Palin are the 'old' conservatives. Until the Republicans get their shit together and readjust their political views from religious principles, they're not getting back in office and I couldn't be happier.

Bayz101
06-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Conservatives are going to have to adjust their ideology or they're never going to retake anything. Having their entire political ideology based on religious principles is a thing of the past and a very dated way of thinking. How about we let fiscal conservatives take the office and not people like Bachmann or Romney inflict their religious rhetoric on the United States.

"Tea partiers" like yourselves are a thing of the past. No, Obama isn't the antichrist and he isn't going to be impeached because of your laughable idea of his principles. Saying things like "he can't stand the name 'God'" makes all conservatives look bad. There are legitimate things to criticize Obama on but his intolerance of religious values isn't one of them.

But because you've posted racist and ignorant things about Obama and his wife before, I very much doubt this gets to you.

I don't know how to say this any clearer: clowns like Romney, Paul, Bachmann and Pailin are the 'old' conservatives. Until the Republicans get their shit together and readjust their political views from religious principles, they're not getting back in office and I couldn't be happier.

You guys can discuss your opinions all you want. Debate, whatever. Just leave the low-blows out of it. She's apologized for comments made, and the majority have afforded her benefit of the doubt. Just try and remain civil, that's all I ask.

The_Joker
06-22-2013, 11:59 PM

I don't know how to say this any clearer: clowns like Romney, Paul, Bachmann and Palin are the 'old' conservatives. Until the Republicans get their shit together and readjust their political views from religious principles, they're not getting back in office and I couldn't be happier.

Couldn't've said it better myself.

SteelCityMom
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM

I had some hopes for Rand Paul...but he's shown to let his personal social beliefs influence his decision making in recent months, and that's starting to drive me away.

I agree with everything else though. If the GOP wants ANY kind of shot in '16, they need to back away (with a quickness) from their socially conservative stances. Fighting every social issue tooth and nail is just giving the Dems more power. Focus on the economic issues and be more accepting of personal liberty (even if it isn't something you would do yourself) and they can start getting more independent and moderate voters...because those are the people who are going to matter.

JonM229
06-24-2013, 07:14 AM
I agree with everything else though. If the GOP wants ANY kind of shot in '16, they need to back away (with a quickness) from their socially conservative stances. Fighting every social issue tooth and nail is just giving the Dems more power. Focus on the economic issues and be more accepting of personal liberty (even if it isn't something you would do yourself) and they can start getting more independent and moderate voters...because those are the people who are going to matter.

The GOP's problem has been their primaries. They're giving the far-right wingers the nominations over moderate candidates simply because they're more conservative. Unfortunately for them, people like to vote for candidates whose beliefs are closer to their own, which means they aren't winning any independent, moderate, or (obviously) liberal votes.

Mike Huckabee warned the GOP this past election cycle not to run on social issues, because they won't win. Social conservatism is on its way out. You're going to see much less of it in about 10-15 years when this generation of elderly start kicking the bucket. You're still going to have pockets of it in places like the South and the more rural parts of the Mid-West, but it's a dying ideology (and good riddance, I may add).

Fire Haley
06-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Everybody hates the US - Obama's fault!

Hong Kong lets Snowden go

Mr Edward Snowden left Hong Kong today (June 23) on his own accord for a third country through a lawful and normal channel.

The US Government earlier on made a request to the HKSAR Government for the issue of a provisional warrant of arrest against Mr Snowden. Since the documents provided by the US Government did not fully comply with the legal requirements under Hong Kong law, the HKSAR Government has requested the US Government to provide additional information so that the Department of Justice could consider whether the US Government's request can meet the relevant legal conditions. As the HKSAR Government has yet to have sufficient information to process the request for provisional warrant of arrest, there is no legal basis to restrict Mr Snowden from leaving Hong Kong.

Meanwhile, the HKSAR Government has formally written to the US Government requesting clarification on earlier reports about the hacking of computer systems in Hong Kong by US government agencies. The HKSAR Government will continue to follow up on the matter so as to protect the legal rights of the people of Hong Kong

http://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/06/what-hong-kongs-remarkable-statement-on-edward-snowden-says-about-the-territory/277138/

----------------------

Obama gets punked again - he's a complete failure and national embarrassment

Russia says it has no authority to expel Snowden

MOSCOW — Despite a direct request from the United States to return Edward Snowden to U.S. soil to face charges of leaking government secrets, Russian officials said Monday that they had no legal authority to detain the fugitive former government contractor, who arrived in Moscow from Hong Kong on Sunday and was seeking asylum in Ecuador, reportedly by way of Havana.

Vladimir Lukin, Russia’s human rights ombudsman and a former ambassador to the United States, told the Interfax news agency that Russia had no authority to expel Snowden, as Washington was asking it to do.

“The Americans can’t demand anything,” Lukin said, referring to the saga dismissively. “Detective stories are good bedtime reading.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-says-it-has-no-authority-to-expel-snowden/2013/06/24/325281f2-dcaf-11e2-bd83-e99e43c336ed_story.html

--------------------------

Obama is the laughingstock of the world

Obama administration bungles Snowden, leaves great power diplomacy in shambles

It would be comic if the national security of the United States were not in peril. The Obama crew, which smugly promised us "smart diplomacy," has totally bungled relations with China and Russia, America's two major potential global rivals, in its handling of the Edward Snowden affair

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/06/obama_administration_bungles_snowden_leaves_great_ power_diplomacy_in_shambles.html

------------------------

Fire Haley
06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm glad to see you're opening up, K.

I must admit- Ron Paul is looking better and better

Let’s review:

The NSA is spying on “The Enemy”.
We now know that the NSA is spying on the American People.
This means that “We the people” are on the list of enemies of Obama's regime.

Ron Paul: Edward Snowden a Hero

"We should be thankful for individuals like Edward Snowden and [investigative reporter] Glenn Greenwald, who see injustice being carried out by their own government and speak out, despite the risk"

"They have done a great service to the American people by exposing the truth about what our government is doing in secret."

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken-Walshs-Washington/2013/06/11/ron-paul-edward-snowden-a-hero