PDA

View Full Version : Snowden poll

Vis
06-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Hero or traitor?

Vis
06-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Lots of views and no votes. Think of it this way, would you rather go back to a state of not knowing about Prism?

Buddha Bus
06-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Lots of views and no votes.

Easy there, Murf. :chuckle:

http://www.irishamericanmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2277408667_0d8db8f776.jpg

43Hitman
06-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."

ebsteelers
06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
is he a new player on the steelers?

then im not following it... I live breathe, and shyt steeler football 24/7/365..

idk who snowden is.. but i can tell you what lamarr ate for breakfast lunch, and dinner... donuts, pancakes, waffles, sausage and bacon

ebsteelers
06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I voted, but I like what Snowden said best. "I'm neither hero nor traitor, I'm an American."

shouda said I'm an American Bad ass.

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/l0a7oi.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2013, 02:31 PM
shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....:banging:

Lokki
06-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm torn on this. I work in the Computer Security field and I am fully aware of stuff like this. I'm actually surprised that so many people were so oblivious to this kind of stuff. There are many that still are. It isn't limited to Verizon or even AT&T.

However, I've had to go through the same background checks that he did, for the same clearances. What he did was a huge no-no when working for the Government.

I can see where he had second thoughts about if what he was doing was right. Many years ago I was a contractor and worked as a Sys Admin for some weapons programs for the Air Force. When the 2nd Gulf War broke out after 9/11, we were watching the bombs dropping in Iraq in our big conference room. The guys that I worked there with recognized those as the JDAM bombs, which was one of the weapons programs that I worked for. My supervisor left the company shortly after. At his going away, I asked him why he was leaving and he was really conflicted about working in support of weapons that were actively killing people. The job was fine when it was just developing and testing.
working towards the defense of the country and keeping projects secret is one thing , but spying and conspiring against your employers (citizens/voters) and knowingly breaking your oath and laws of the land (the constitution) is another.

Vis
06-17-2013, 02:57 PM
shit like this NEEDS to become public knowledge... everybody is SLOWLY starting to realize that the ELECTED scum in DC has an agenda. they are starting to realize that maybe those conspiracy theory , militia nut jobs aren't so crazy after all...what has me scratching my head is that despite knowing that the 2 party's are trampling the constitution , people keep fighting and voting to keep them in power instead of trying to get more options at the poll.....:banging:

It isn't the elected ones who do this, it's the career spooks. It's the elected ones who see it and are more afraid of an attack on their watch than of an ACLU suit. The question will always be if anyone elected who then gets the intel will ask for that intel to stop.

Vis
06-17-2013, 03:01 PM

But if what Snowden says is true, and aside from the purpose of the program, the access to the gathered info is far too wide. Snowden just released the existence. His office mate could be selling the data to the highest bidder.

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2013, 03:45 PM
It isn't the elected ones who do this, it's the career spooks. It's the elected ones who see it and are more afraid of an attack on their watch than of an ACLU suit. The question will always be if anyone elected who then gets the intel will ask for that intel to stop.
thats why we need a serious electoral overhaul

1. term limits for congress and the senate
2. outlaw corporate campaign contributions and call them by their real name, "bribes".
3. put a $500 cap on all individual campaign contributions at ALL state and federal government levels, with required social security numbers on checks.
4. create an election fund where every candidate receives the same "reasonable" amount to budget. (50 million ? ) oversight is a must.

this USED to be called the land of opportunity where even under privileged kids were told they could be president. we need to get back to that and take the financial barricade out of the equation.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575914_10151016330354268_65238704_n.jpg

Vis
06-17-2013, 03:57 PM
thats why we need a serious electoral overhaul

1. term limits for congress and the senate
2. outlaw corporate campaign contributions and call them by their real name, "bribes".
3. put a $500 cap on all individual campaign contributions at ALL state and federal government levels, with required social security numbers on checks.
4. create an election fund where every candidate receives the same "reasonable" amount to budget. (50 million ? ) oversight is a must.

this USED to be called the land of opportunity where even under privileged kids were told they could be president. we need to get back to that and take the financial barricade out of the equation.

I agree with every change you advocate but think none of them will touch the issue of Prism-like programs. The Executive branch (the policing branch) will always use every tool technology gives them. Only the courts can stop it.

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I agree with every change you advocate but think none of them will touch the issue of Prism-like programs. The Executive branch (the policing branch) will always use every tool technology gives them. Only the courts can stop it.
can they ? i mean these programs are done on the down low to begin with , BECAUSE they know the public won't respond well to them. so they take it to court the judge says its a "no no" , they say "well golly gee" , yes sir we'll stop " , and they go right back to doing it in secrecy again :noidea:
the only way to try to stop it is to shit can those who started it and threaten prison time to anyone who continues it. and you know as well as i , that very seldom is anyone in DC held accountable.

Vis
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
can they ? i mean these programs are done on the down low to begin with , BECAUSE they know the public won't respond well to them. so they take it to court the judge says its a "no no" , they say "well golly gee" , yes sir we'll stop " , and they go right back to doing it in secrecy again :noidea:
the only way to try to stop it is to shit can those who started it and threaten prison time to anyone who continues it. and you know as well as i , that very seldom is anyone in DC held accountable.

Courts can say the program is unconstitutional. That hasn't happened. You're right that they can't send anyone to enforce it.

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Courts can say the program is unconstitutional. That hasn't happened. You're right that they can't send anyone to enforce it.
and that brings us full circle to my original post of voting for the same constitutional trampling scumbags over and over because there is no other options. change the electoral format , get a libertarian or other parties involved in the election process , remove wealth as a determing factor on who can run for office .and things will change.:hatsoff: hell maybe they'll start representing "we the people" again...

43Hitman
06-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Vote Libertarian on all local levels, it starts there. In the mean time vote libertarian on midterms and national elections. Yes, you may think your vote is wasted, but it has to start somewhere. Do your homework on candidates and really find out where they stand on the issues and by all means NEVER believe the main stream media on either side, they have been corrupted.

MasterOfPuppets
06-18-2013, 03:08 AM
Vote Libertarian on all local levels, it starts there. In the mean time vote libertarian on midterms and national elections. Yes, you may think your vote is wasted, but it has to start somewhere. Do your homework on candidates and really find out where they stand on the issues and by all means NEVER believe the main stream media on either side, they have been corrupted.
:drink: thats the ONLY thing that'll stop this madness.... the problem is the stupid ass sheep of this country are duped into believing one is less evil than the other.

caplovestroy thinks the bush's are christains. i bet she's never heard of bohemian grove. if she took the time to do some research on it she may change her opinion of the saintly bush's.
here's a few paragraphs in case she might be interested...

Bohemian grove: Presidents and global elite performing occult ritual cremation of care, sacrificing to moloch

The Bohemian club, was founded in 1872 with it’s headquarters located in San Francisco. Every summer in July its members attend a “camp” located in Monte Rio, CA. known as the Bohemian grove. (http://maps.google.com/maps?om=0&iwloc=addr&f=q&ll=38.4654692%2C-122.9774984&hl=en&z=14&ie=UTF8) At the grove, deep in the woods, our world leaders attend occult rituals and engage in bizarre behavior possibly including cross-dressing and homosexuality, no women are allowed in the grove. The most well known of these ceremonies is the “Cremation of Care”. Evidently, during the Cremation of Care members conduct a mock sacrifice of a human child to a 40 foot statue of an owl by burning the body. The owl statue is Moloch, a god or king. The word Moloch itself is associated with fire and sacrifice.

George H.W. Bush was a member, and so were his two sons George W. Bush and Jeb Bush. They were also all members of Skull and Bones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW9RtfIiMog) secret society at Yale. Henry kissinger is a long time member, ever since his younger days he has been in bed with the Rockefellers who also take part in occult rituals at the grove. Prince Charles of England was there, as well as Reagan and “tricky dick” Nixon. Reagan’s wife used to make his schedule for him based on astrology, Nixon was infamous for frequently throwing up his arms making the sign of Typhon the Destroyer, an occult figure from ancient Egyptian theology. Bill Clinton attended in 1991, and became president in 1992. Gerald Ford, Donald Rumsfeld, Herbert Hoover, Colin Powell, Newt Gingrich, and Danny Glover as well as many CEO’s of large corporations and representatives of a large number of universities from around the country have members or have attended. Howard Taft, president from 1909-1913 attended, and Alan Greenspan, was seen leaving the Bohemian grove one month before becoming chairman of the federal reserve Many, if not all of these names and more are also members of round table groups such as the Bilderberg group, Council on Foreign Relations, and Trialateral Commission.

JonM229
06-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm fairly certain that all of our presidents have really been lizard people.

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, LIZARD PEOPLE!!!

Buddha Bus
06-18-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm fairly certain that all of our presidents have really been lizard people.

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, LIZARD PEOPLE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93PyZCqovL4

43Hitman
06-18-2013, 01:11 PM
:drink: thats the ONLY thing that'll stop this madness.... the problem is the stupid ass sheep of this country are duped into believing one is less evil than the other.

caplovestroy thinks the bush's are christains. i bet she's never heard of bohemian grove. if she took the time to do some research on it she may change her opinion of the saintly bush's.
here's a few paragraphs in case she might be interested...

Bohemian grove: Presidents and global elite performing occult ritual cremation of care, sacrificing to moloch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2E_HP97Rzc