PDA

View Full Version : Where are you vacationing this year?

Lady Steel
06-24-2013, 12:13 AM
I have wanted to go to St. Croix for just about forever, and this year my dream is finally coming true. I'm so excited, and can't wait to explore the island!

Might also go to Topsail Island, NC, sometime in August, but not sure yet. Friends of a friend have a rental home there we might have access to, but it hasn't been finalized yet

Buddha Bus
06-24-2013, 03:14 AM
I just got back from camping at Knoebels' Amusement Park and Campground last week. We also plan on going to Ocean City, MD/Rehoboth, DE camping as well this fall. We will also take a weekend camping near Reading, PA (in Adamstown) in August for Stoudts Brew Fest. Otherwise, we don't really have any other set vacation plans this year. I'd like to go camping in the Catoctin Mountains with the wife and dog this year if possible too.

Vis
06-24-2013, 05:32 AM
I just went to Disney World with my daughter. She gets a second vacation at Myrtle Beach. I'll find a way to sail sometime this summer as well.

teegre
06-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Visiting the family in West Virginia, for two weeks; spending a day in Pittsburgh (Pirates game & Primanti Bros.); and then, flying south to Jamaica, for a week.

Also going camping at Green Valley Falls (six families).

Lastly, lots & lots of trips to the various beaches, here in San Diego.

SteelCityMom
06-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Just some small camping/weekend trips this year...no ocean beaches.

We'll be going out to Ligonier for the weekend here soon (near where the Steelers training camp is) to go to Idlewild, the fort, and a little farther away the Living Treasures Animal Park in Donegal (we've only been to the one in Butler).

We always go up to Moraine a couple times in the summer as well. A weekend trip to Erie will probably happen too.

Next year though, I'm trying to work out a trip to Spain. That is my ultimate goal (not in life, I just want to get across the pond dammit. :chuckle: )

ebsteelers
06-24-2013, 10:19 AM
have the house in Long Beach Island. besides that pittsburgh for a few games, and hopefully east rutherford for the super bowl

JonM229
06-24-2013, 12:05 PM
My wife and I are heading up to northern Wisconsin for camping this weekend. We've been very busy working on our house and spending time with friends, we just want to get away from civilization for a weekend.

Fire Arians
06-24-2013, 12:13 PM
going to watch the steelers play the ravens at heinz field in october :)

ebsteelers
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
going to watch the steelers play the ravens at heinz field in october :)

are we sure this counts as vacation?

seems more like torcher, watching landry jones throw passes to david paulson... yikes

could turn into a sadcation,

Fire Arians
06-24-2013, 12:38 PM
are we sure this counts as vacation?

seems more like torcher, watching landry jones throw passes to david paulson... yikes

could turn into a sadcation,

it's more so to experience a game in person. win or lose the atmosphere's gotta be intense. i'd much prefer a win, but a loss won't spoil the trip.

i won't go there 'expecting' a win, since a game vs the ravens is always tough. just plan to go and have fun, see what the city has to offer while i'm at it. would be cool to experience a city full of steelers fans at the least :chuckle:

The_Joker
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I just came back from Long Island to visit my aunt who is awesome and my uncle who is a douche.

Also, going to FedEx to cheer on our Steelers against my hometown Redskins.

steelax04
06-24-2013, 01:19 PM
My wife and I are heading up to northern Wisconsin for camping this weekend. We've been very busy working on our house and spending time with friends, we just want to get away from civilization for a weekend.

What about the dog?

JonM229
06-24-2013, 01:38 PM
There's a lake nearby, so we'll be getting clean together

Vis
06-24-2013, 01:50 PM
There's a lake nearby, so we'll be getting clean together

Alert the EPA and PETA

Fire Arians
06-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Alert the EPA and PETA

you asshole what they got is real, let them be happy

fer522
06-24-2013, 02:30 PM
I had my vacations 3 weeks ago, we spent 3 days in Tampa and St Petersburg fl. And 4 days in Orlando. It was probably the best vacations we've had in years

Vis
06-24-2013, 03:38 PM
PM me if I'm invited. Anyone.

The_Joker
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM

http://images.wikia.com/cardfight/images/c/c6/01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

ebsteelers
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

You mean Lady Steel didnt send you a pm to go to St. Croix with her?

OO, well then..

Everyone post pics of your vacation, so Vis can internet enjoy them

teegre
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Scrotis promised me a "vacation from walking."

Maybe it will arrive this summer...??? :noidea:

MACH1
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Going to Tahoe for the Hot August Nights.

MasterOfPuppets
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
I just got back from camping at Knoebels' Amusement Park and Campground last week. We also plan on going to Ocean City, MD/Rehoboth, DE camping as well this fall. We will also take a weekend camping near Reading, PA (in Adamstown) in August for Stoudts Brew Fest. Otherwise, we don't really have any other set vacation plans this year. I'd like to go camping in the Catoctin Mountains with the wife and dog this year if possible too.
why not drop the pooch off at jon's dog spa ??? :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
06-24-2013, 04:04 PM
well there's nothing civilized about baltimore :noidea:

SteelCityMom
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM

I'll need to know if you babysit. For free. Forever.

Buddha Bus
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
why not drop the pooch off at jon's dog spa ??? :sofunny:

Nah. I love my dog. Not in the way Jon does, mind you, but love just the same. :chuckle:

My dog likes camping and walking around with us on trails. I'd never leave her out of that vacation.

pczach
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I went to Palm Springs for a week in May. I went to Fort Myers Fla for a week in May. I just spent 2 weeks in Scottsdale AZ with my wife and son.....And I'll be going to Mexico for a week in October.

A busy vacation year for me. I love to vacation and wish I didn't have to work. Work sucks!:sadness:

Vis
06-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I'll need to know if you babysit. For free. Forever.

Sure, baby

harrison'samonster
06-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I have wanted to go to St. Croix for just about forever, and this year my dream is finally coming true. I'm so excited, and can't wait to explore the island!

Might also go to Topsail Island, NC, sometime in August, but not sure yet. Friends of a friend have a rental home there we might have access to, but it hasn't been finalized yet

congratulations! Have a blast!

Lady Steel
06-24-2013, 10:34 PM
I want one of these for summer evenings on the lake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMZWQBeQS8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=osiM8ZMm3Nc