PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys' Josh Brent Fails 2nd Drug Test, Jailed

JonM229
06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Some people never learn

Josh Brent Jailed After Second Failed Drug Test (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9429938/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-jailed-failing-second-drug-test)

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent failed a second drug test and a Dallas County judge revoked his bond and sent him to jail on Thursday, according to the Dallas County District Attorney's office.

The Dallas DA filed a motion on June 25 asking a judge to revoke Brent's bond because it was revealed he failed a drug test taken on June 19.

Brent was out on bail after being charged with intoxication manslaughter resulting in the death last year of best friend and teammate, Jerry Brown.

Brent is still on the Cowboys 90-man roster.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team would have no comment and Brent's agent, Peter Schaffer, said he's aware of everything involving the case, but wouldn't comment further.

Buddha Bus
06-27-2013, 02:57 PM
I remember seeing this guy on the Cowboys' sidelines, shortly after the accident that killed his teammate, smiling and laughing. I thought at the time how reprehensible it was that the Cowboys would even allow him there and also that the smiling and laughter was extremely inappropriate and telling of his character as a human being. If I had just killed one of my teammates/friends in an alcohol or drug related accident, the torture in my soul would not allow me to smile or laugh for a very long time afterwards. He's a POS, plain and simple.

JonM229
06-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Not to mention an idiot. You're current freedom is dependent on you NOT DRINKING OR DOING DRUGS.

Buddha Bus
06-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Not to mention an idiot. You're current freedom is dependent on you NOT DRINKING OR DOING DRUGS.

That deserves a.....

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3127767808/h58C9F96E/

JonM229
06-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Cowboys Refuse to Cut Brent (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9429938/despite-josh-brent-failing-second-drug-test-dallas-cowboys-no-plans-cut-sources-say)

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent failed a second drug test and was sent back to jail on Thursday, according to the Dallas County District Attorney's office. Despite Brent's return to jail, the Cowboys have no immediate plans to part ways with him, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

A Dallas County judge held Brent's bond "insufficient," the DA said. The DA had filed a motion on Tuesday asking a judge to revoke Brent's bond because it was revealed he failed a drug test taken on June 19.

Brent was out on bail after being charged with intoxication manslaughter resulting in the death last year of best friend and teammate, Jerry Brown.

Brent is still on the Cowboys' 90-man roster.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team would have no comment and Brent's agent, Peter Schaffer, said he's aware of everything involving the case, but wouldn't comment further.

According to court records, Brent has tested positive for marijuana twice.

Keep it classy, Dallas

Fire Arians
06-28-2013, 12:34 PM
what an idiot

pczach
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
what an idiot

But he's Jerra's idiot. It's the new Cowboy way.

OX1947
06-30-2013, 05:31 PM
My guess here, just a shot in the dark, I think if they arent careful, he might off himself.

Vis
07-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent, who is awaiting trial for intoxication manslaughter for the car crash that killed a teammate, has been released from jail.

Brent’s bail was revoked on June 27 because of two failed drug tests, but the Dallas Morning News reports that a judge ordered Brent freed on Sunday.

Brent crashed his truck on December 8, and his close friend and teammate Jerry Brown, the only passenger, died. District Attorney Craig Watkins said after Brent failed his second drug test while out on bond that Brent “needs to go to prison.” But the judge apparently thinks Brent deserves to be free until he stands trial.

Although Brent is still on the Cowboys’ roster, he is not expected to be permitted to play until 2014 at the earliest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/josh-brent-released-from-jail/

Still a Cowboy.

JonM229
07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Please stay off all Dallas roadways