PDA

View Full Version : Everyone ChiLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

noto45
08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Please remeber its only preseason!!! we have the best coaching staff in the league...everyone have faith!! it is time to start filling up the next hand with rings!

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not worried about this team. We're playing bad in the pre-season so we end up in the Super Bowl come February.

LambertIsGod58
08-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm not worried either...It's a whole different thing come regular season.

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm not worried either...It's a whole different thing come regular season.

Darn right. Better now then in the regular season.

Lyn
08-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Please remeber its only preseason!!! we have the best coaching staff in the league...everyone have faith!! it is time to start filling up the next hand with rings!

Good point but at the same time I can understand where everyone is. To me they do not look prepared then again possibly they are just holding out. After being at the Jacksonville game last season, if anyone had said at that time the Steeler s were going to win the Suerbowl I would have laughed no I would have cried because that is what I did after seeing maddox up close and personal!~

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm happy he didn't play QB when I saw the Steelers against Detroit.

PisnNapalm
08-27-2006, 02:44 PM
We've gotta talk about something or else the forums will die. :oP

geran42o
08-27-2006, 03:05 PM
We had a pretty bad preseason last year as well.....and WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!
so everyone calm down

steelermaniacXL
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Worried... aint no one worried. These games are meaningless.

83-Steelers-43
08-27-2006, 03:20 PM
ALL IS LOST!!! GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!!!
http://eschenck.typepad.com/ernie_schenck_calls_this_/images/jumping_off_bridge.jpg

19ward86
08-27-2006, 04:23 PM
IDK, WE WENT 3-1 IN THE PRESEASON LAST YEAR AND THAT WAS WITH BEN DOING HORRIBLE. I THINK OUR BACKUPS NEED TO BECOME MORE RELIABLE.I STILL BELIEVE, I HAVENT LOST FAITH.

Mamaduck43
08-27-2006, 05:14 PM
I just keep repeating my Mantra - - - - - "Pre-season games only count when your team wins!!!!"

Works for me.... :smile:

clevestinks
08-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Who is worried?? Most people around here are not in a panic

83-Steelers-43
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM

I agree. It's been pretty cool and calm here for the most part. With exception of pointing out what looked good and what looked bad during these last three preseason games (should be expected, that's what the game-day threads are for), it's been very calm.

All is good. These past three games will be a distant memory in a few weeks.

clevestinks
08-27-2006, 07:02 PM
****News Flash****
This just in Ben was in a motorcycle accident, just two months ago. And Hines Ward has not played yet. And Ben is still ahead of his first two preseasons.

Preseason is all about timing, and getting to know the young, new guys. No worries!

We lost Chris Hope, or our weakest link in the defensive backfield.
We lost Kimo, who we will replace with younger, faster Keisel.
We lost our 2nd/3rd Wr. And drafted a 1st rounder to take his place.
No Worries. If anything I`m totally opposite worried. Lets Get It On.

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
****News Flash****
This just in Ben was in a motorcycle accident, just two months ago. And Hines Ward has not played yet. And Ben is still ahead of his first two preseasons.

Preseason is all about timing, and getting to know the young, new guys. No worries!

We lost Chris Hope, or our weakest link in the defensive backfield.
We lost Kimo, who we will replace with younger, faster Keisel.
We lost our 2nd/3rd Wr. And drafted a 1st rounder to take his place.
No Worries. If anything I`m totally opposite worried. Lets Get It On.

Same here Cleve. We're not in the regular season yet. Everyone needs to just relax and think positive.

Mosca
08-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey, I'm not worried at all. The parts that mattered looked great. And we got to see what some of the young guys could do, and a lot of the second team guys got some game experience. The backups aren't going to be thrown in as a unit during the year, they'll be put in alongside Faneca and Polamalu. Batch will play (if at all) with Ward and those guys.

Parker looks great. Ben looks great. Washington, Morgan, great. Holmes, Smith, Reid, Polamalu, the linebackers, all look great. We have two weeks to get some timing together on the offensive line, and from there on out it will be fine.

This is the least I've been worried about the Steelers in years.

Tom

SteelerMurf
08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
We have looked better than we did last preseason. What separates us from other teams is our ability to gameplan. We take away the opponents strengths. We harrass QBs, we dominate.

CantStop85
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
:willy:

SteelersFever
08-27-2006, 10:25 PM

This happens every year, either in preseason or beginning of regular season. I'm not worried at all. :getdown:

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
This happens every year, either in preseason or beginning of regular season. I'm not worried at all. :getdown:

Why should we be worried. We'll just ya know have our rough pre-season, get out quick and fast and make it all the way to the Super Bowl and win it all.

Not funny 85

X-Terminator
08-28-2006, 08:33 AM
After being at the Jacksonville game last season, if anyone had said at that time the Steeler s were going to win the Suerbowl I would have laughed no I would have cried because that is what I did after seeing maddox up close and personal!~

And as far as that went, it really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because we ended up hoisting the Lombardi, which is the ONLY thing that matters.

Besides, that was last season - it's time to focus on this season, this team and guys who are currently on the roster, which Maddox is not. And hopefully, at the end of this season, we'll be hoisting the Lombardi once again, and nobody will even remember what happened this preseason. :smile:

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
PRE sEASON IS ONE BIG YAWN. It just gives you a taste of football. Actually its ashame that they even charge the prices that they do for tix.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Actually its ashame that they even charge the prices that they do for tix.

Your telling me. I ask myself the same question year after year while sitting in my seats during preseason games. "Why exactly am I paying the exact same price I pay for regular season games?". Strange though, they jack up the prices come playoff time, which is understandable because of the importance of the games, but yet I pay the same price for two games which are meaningless as I do for tickets for games which actually have meaning. They should lower the preseason ticket prices. Unfortunately, as long as some people are willing to pay up to $600 for a pair of preseason tickets I don't see it changing.

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Your telling me. But yet they jack up the prices come playoffs, which is understandable because they are the playoffs and are more important games. But since the preseason games are less important they should lower the prices. But, as long as some people are willing to pay up to $600 for a pair of preseason tickets I don't see it changing.

Exactly! Actaully I wish they would sell the preseason seperate from the season tix, for the season tic holders. This would atleast give fans who cant afford season tix a chance at seeing a game. A meaningless game but a game nonetheless.

SteelerFanInCA
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Once the real season starts everything will kick up a notch. The players will be bringing a different mindset/mentalitiy to the table.

Lyn
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
And as far as that went, it really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because we ended up hoisting the Lombardi, which is the ONLY thing that matters.

Besides, that was last season - it's time to focus on this season, this team and guys who are currently on the roster, which Maddox is not. And hopefully, at the end of this season, we'll be hoisting the Lombardi once again, and nobody will even remember what happened this preseason. :smile:

My point exactly:)

X-Terminator
08-28-2006, 01:36 PM
My point exactly:)

After being at the Jacksonville game last season, if anyone had said at that time the Steeler s were going to win the Suerbowl I would have laughed no I would have cried because that is what I did after seeing maddox up close and personal!~

That's not what I got from your original quote when you brought up the Jax game. As I said, it didn't hurt us in the end, but that was last season. I just fail to see the point of bringing Maddox and that game into the equation when he isn't a Steeler anymore and has no bearing at all on THIS season. It's a new season - what's in the past is in the past.

stlrtruck
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
It's all a ruse from the NFL and Team Owners to get more money out of season ticket holders pockets.

The pre-season just gets me going and I get frustrated because it's football but NOT football.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
We've gotta talk about something or else the forums will die. :oP

You mean something like "We should have given Malcolm Postell more time to develop in the LeBeau defense...especially since he's approaching the prime of his career and we are thin at the LB position."

ARKIESTEEL
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I am worried that there will not be enough nachos at the game when I get there. Also if they run out of beer wouldnt that be something to fret about. I heard Miami got a pro team and are bringing them to town to play us in a football game but that does not worry me. If I forget my tums that could be a problem I get bad heart burn from beer and nachos. Also I dont like it to rain on me when I watch football(last time we played the fish folks was in a little tiny rain down south somewhere a Young qb played a great game for a win):cool:

I am worried that the steak house I eat at the night before the game might over cook my medium rare steak and they might run out of bourbon. I have alot to worry about:dang:

We got this one folks:bouncy: :blurp:

Da Question
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
:cool: I never judge by preseason. The only thing you really get out of the preseason is an idea of who might get cut or be a back up. The reps our first team got looked pretty good from what i saw. Plus our schedule doesnt look too bad. No worries here.

jaysta
08-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Preseason games never used to be hyped up like they are now. In fact ten years ago you'd be hard pressed to find one on TV so nobody got worried until the season started. Now most of the preseason games are not only broadcast, but broadcast in HD on various channels, so more people see the games and get worried earlier. Now don't get me wrong, I love the fact that football is on in HD already, but there are no worries yet in my opinion.

floodcitygirl
08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
I am worried that there will not be enough nachos at the game when I get there. Also if they run out of beer wouldnt that be something to fret about. I heard Miami got a pro team and are bringing them to town to play us in a football game but that does not worry me. If I forget my tums that could be a problem I get bad heart burn from beer and nachos. Also I dont like it to rain on me when I watch football(last time we played the fish folks was in a little tiny rain down south somewhere a Young qb played a great game for a win):cool:

I am worried that the steak house I eat at the night before the game might over cook my medium rare steak and they might run out of bourbon. I have alot to worry about:dang:

We got this one folks:bouncy: :blurp:Arkie....you're priceless!!! :cool:

noto45
08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
is it wrong to wanna see the bungles get killed by every team this year?

WWIIOwheelz
08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
The preseason is NFL Europe tryouts :)

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 06:05 AM
is it wrong to wanna see the bungles get killed by every team this year?

Not wrong! But I don`t mind seeing them win, it should just motivate our team!

stlrtruck
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Also I dont like it to rain on me when I watch football(last time we played the fish folks was in a little tiny rain down south somewhere a Young qb played a great game for a win):cool:

I was at that game. I don't recall any rain. I felt a few drops. My friend did leave and go back to a strip club because of that bit of rain.
And the best part of that rain was all the phish fans covering up and all the Steelers fans standing up and cheering.