PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cooke goes to Minnesota

SteelCityMom
07-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Just moments after sending Devin Setoguchi to Winnipeg, Minnesota announced it had come to terms with ex-Penguins forward Matt Cooke on a three-year, $7.5 million deal.

The contract carries an average annual cap hit of $2.5 million, a nice pay bump from the $1.8 he made with the Pens.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/minnesota-signs-matt-cooke-three-years-7-5-million/

Fire Haley
07-05-2013, 11:16 PM
I'll miss Cooke - all heart - he's the only one who showed up against the Bruins

Please don't murder Malkin or Crosby

sluggermatt15
07-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Cooke was not traded. He left the Penguins as a free agent. His contract was up at the end of the 2012-2013 season.

Not surprised to see him walk. I think he was after some more $. I don't blame him. He played well enough in Pittsburgh to merit additional compensation. Personally, I am EXTREMELY happy he went to the Western Conference and NOT to an Atlantic Division or Eastern Conference Opponent, both of which the Penguins meet more frequently during the season. I can live with playing him and the Wild once or twice (at the maximum) every year.

SteelCityMom
07-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Good catch slugger... don't know why I put traded down lol. I'll change the title.

NSMaster56
07-06-2013, 10:12 PM
With Cooke in tow, Wild fans better enjoy being called 'dirty' and 'thugs' and forced to needlessly defend their team.

sluggermatt15
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
With Cooke in tow, Wild fans better enjoy being called 'dirty' and 'thugs' and forced to needlessly defend their team.

Yeah exactly. Hopefully his absence in Pittsburgh changes one's opinion about the Penguins. We won't be the stereotypical team to hate because we have a goon....

SteelCityMom
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah exactly. Hopefully his absence in Pittsburgh changes one's opinion about the Penguins. We won't be the stereotypical team to hate because we have a goon....

Pffft...they'll just rely on "Cindy" like they always do.

sluggermatt15
07-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Pffft...they'll just rely on "Cindy" like they always do.

Yes, agree. That kind of goes without saying. Maybe we won't be the "dirtiest team in the NHL" anymore. :chuckle: Only a true IDIOT would agree with that statement.