PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson Reebok AD September Maxim

OurSavior=#7
08-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Did anyone see the reebok ad in Septembers Maxim with Eva Longoria. If you looked at any of it besides Eva there is a Reebok ad on page 119 . It has a fan standing outside of Heinz Field Surrounded by all Steeler fans and he is wearing a Bungel jeresy and the ad says Represent. The fan is standing all proud and tall.

I was upset at this ad it may seem silly, but that ad is totally false there would never be a fan like that standing tall and proud while Surrounded by Steeler fans with out getting hazed ( exspecially a #85 bungel jersey, no need even to speak his name) and certainly not his head held high. I think this was a disrespect to the Super Bowl Champions, (all thought we are use to it). I sent Reebok a letter letting them know me and my fellow steeler fans will not be buying their products anymore. The picture is photo shoped in, I may be over reacting but when will the respect ever come.

Rick97
08-28-2006, 05:00 AM
You need to chill, dude. :dang: I'm a huge Pittsburgh fan, but I can see the funny side of this ad. We don't need any more censorship or lectures on what's politically incorrect. There's way too much of that in the world already. Steeler Nation is tough enough to handle one stupid (but funny) ad. Steeler Nation is tough enough to withstand a thousand of those ads! :cool:

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Did anyone see the reebok ad in Septembers Maxim with Eva Longoria. If you looked at any of it besides Eva there is a Reebok ad on page 119 . It has a fan standing outside of Heinz Field Surrounded by all Steeler fans and he is wearing a Bungel jeresy and the ad says Represent. The fan is standing all proud and tall.

I was upset at this ad it may seem silly, but that ad is totally false there would never be a fan like that standing tall and proud while Surrounded by Steeler fans with out getting hazed ( exspecially a #85 bungel jersey, no need even to speak his name) and certainly not his head held high. I think this was a disrespect to the Super Bowl Champions, (all thought we are use to it). I sent Reebok a letter letting them know me and my fellow steeler fans will not be buying their products anymore. The picture is photo shoped in, I may be over reacting but when will the respect ever come.

Where else but in Pittsburgh would there be a single fan representing his team??? If the commercial were reveresed and it was in Cinci, there would be thousands of Steelers fans! I think the commercial is a good one!

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 09:32 AM
It's just a commercial and a marketing ploy, Savior. No sweat.

Was this the "fan" you saw in the commercial? :blurp:

http://www.gibsoncostume.com/costumes/clowns/_img/CL21-001.jpg

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:36 AM
, I may be over reacting but when will the respect ever come.

Yup...you're over reacting......:cool: :cool:

floodcitygirl
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I didn't see it, but the obsession that some seem to have toward the Steeler organization and their fans, in that they can't stop talking about us, is in itself a form of respect...they just don't like us! (lol)

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Better to be hated than irrelevant.

NM

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Better to be hated than irrelevant.

NM

Nice! I`m usually hated

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Nice! I`m usually hated

And Pats fans are irrelevant. :sofunny: You and LITP would make quite the team there, cleve. (j/k LITP) :cool:

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 02:23 PM
that ad is totally false there would never be a fan like that standing tall and proud while Surrounded by Steeler fans with out getting hazed
OOOHHH...so these are the classy fans you guys keep talking about, I get it.

Stillers#1
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
OOOHHH...so these are the classy fans you guys keep talking about, I get it.

At least our team didn't find it neccessary to put in a tattle-tale hotline. Just b/c you guys can't take a little shit talking.

Savior, I saw this ad also, and ummmm I thought it was kind of funny. One of my best friends is a Bengals fan, and we went to the Steelers/Bengals game at heweinz in '02, and I swear he was th eonly one wearing a bengals jersey, which is why this ad is funny to me.

Oh 85, I think I got more shit that day for being friends with a Bengals fan, than he got for actually being a Bengals fan. Isn't school about to start?

stlrtruck
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
I've been thinking about this thread for the last few days.

I think this is what really happen with the ad:

This photo was originally taken outside Paul Brown Stadium during the Playoffs last year. But because the owner was upset that Steelers Nation bought more tickets than bungles fans, he paid reebok (an un-disclosed amount) to impose Heinz Field behind the group of fans.