PDA

View Full Version : Carson Returns Today!!!!

BengalBrian
08-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Enjoy!!!! Another CB Video brought to you by ME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RNLjA0XG0

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Good Luck, I would hate to see this guy get unjured by coming back to early

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Great video Brian...i wish him all the luck....

BengalBrian
08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys... I am sure he will be fine...

:crosses fingers:

floodcitygirl
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I wish him the best of success....with his health. :grin:

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 10:35 AM
When we beat the Bungles...I want them to be at their best. THe same goes if we lose to them. Carson is their best.

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Good to see him back, Brian. He makes that offense tick. :smile:

He has plenty of time now to get ready for the gallon sized jug of whoop ass that is going to be opened on him on September 24th. :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
*The pocket is closing!!! What should I do?!?!? It's getting smaller!!! Must protect knee!!! Must stop voices in my head!!* :willy: :willy: :willy: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

dhosmer
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
that's a lot of touchdowns.

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 12:35 PM
It will be interesting to see how much rust has accumulated on Palmer.
In all fairness I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer looks uncomfortable for a while until he gets his confidence back.......the bigger question however is how long will it take for that to happen?? One game, three games, ten games........the entire season???

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Sound the bomb sirens in Green Bay! :willy:

Brady12
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I have Chad Johnson on my Fantasy Team, so come Week 1 I am hoping they light it up.

tony hipchest
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I have Chad Johnson on my Fantasy Team, so come Week 1 I am hoping they light it up.if you wanted someone to "light it up" you shoulda picked chris henry

BengalBrian
08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Carson is the man... He will shine tonight.. Even with the shitty weather...

I am fully confident. I will be there as well.. Look for me.. I will be the one that runs on the field and gets arrested.. lol

Haiku_Dirtt
08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
He has such a beautiful delivery - truly. I much rather see Jeff George in that position so I could laugh at his injury. Now that being said.

Do you guys play the Jets this season? :sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Carson is the man... He will shine tonight.. Even with the shitty weather...

I am fully confident. I will be there as well.. Look for me.. I will be the one that runs on the field and gets arrested.. lol

And Brian. Titles like "King" are reserved for Champions not winners of the AFC North because we had to play Texas Tommy for two games last year.

ARKIESTEEL
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I sure hope Carson is safe and nothing bad happens to him:blah:

I realy could care less

Mosca
08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Nice video, great editing. Great football player, I hope he gets it back quickly. Cause right now he's doing a Ricky Bobby.

Tom

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I want to see how he reacts to getting hit in the knee for the first time.

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, Carson looks good so far. He's taken a few hits so far and he's still alive. He even scrambled for a 10 yard gain...he doesn't look at all hesitant to me.

TD Pass Carson Palmer! :smile:

steelermaniacXL
08-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Cry Baby Carson... whaaa my knee, reminds me of nancy kerrigan lol... although everytime I see that hit by Van Olhoffen it looks dirtier and dirtier....

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Jeez. You have to hate that kind of negativity.

Greenbay down by 17 and its only the start of the 2nd Q - they proceed to punt on 4th and 1 on the Cincy 42.

Talk about an early vote of no confidence.

Be nice to see Palmer come through unscathed - to make his comeback in week 5 :chuckle:

NM

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Anyone wanna take any bets on when Theisman will run down on the field and plant a big 'ole kiss on Palmer's arse.

Good thing we have Theisman to let us know how "confident" Palmer is tonight. God I hate the guy.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I have a feeling that Ruddiiiiii is going to break one soon....

NM

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Anyone wanna take any bets on when Theisman will run down on the field and plant a big 'ole kiss on Palmer's arse.

Good thing we have Theisman to let us know how "confident" Palmer is tonight. God I hate the guy.

I agree.

What we need is to hear more about what a great recovery Ben hs made from his self inflicted injury.

Cowher can tell us how good he looks as he throws another ball up for grabs. :sofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Green Bay providing some real stiff opposition it appears.

When I say stiff I mean corpse like.

NM

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
2 TD's so far...yeah, you were right, guys...Carson's never going to be the same.

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Palmer looks very very good.....great to see him back...

And I cannot conceive Green Bay winning a single game this year.....possibly
one of the 5 worst teams in NFL history...just....awful....

Mamaduck43
08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Good grief - - it is like another "Easter" in Cincinnatti - - - the "Second Coming of Carson Palmer"......

He is playing well and the rest of the team looks pretty good, but to applaud every move that he makes is a bit much......

DiggetyDank
08-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow, Palmer is looking good. I'm looking forward to many years of inter-division battles.

CantStop85
Good grief - - it is like another "Easter" in Cincinnatti - - - the "Second Coming of Carson Palmer"......

He is playing well and the rest of the team looks pretty good, but to applaud every move that he makes is a bit much......

Yeah, shame on those fans being so fan-like.

Livinginthe past

Over doing it isn't it?

Makes you wonder if they wont resort to applauding players for using a porta-loo at training camp...wait...that already happened! :sofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:10 PM

I'd say that was a pretty good bet.

Them and the Bills are pretty much guaranteed bottom feeders again this year.

NM

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Palmer looks very very good.....great to see him back...

But......but...........but..........look at Carson. We were wrong about everything!!! Nevermind it's preseason and he's playing against a comical Packer defense.....it's Carson!!!

:rolleyes:

Mamaduck43
08-28-2006, 09:13 PM
He is playing well, and I wish him all the best - - I just am getting a bit tired of the talking heads ignoring everyone else to talk about him.....

However, there is one good thing - - I have been listening for a whole quarter and haven't heard TO mentioned one time........

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
He looks good. Now you won't have any excuses when we kick your butts!

floodcitygirl
08-28-2006, 09:16 PM
But......but...........but..........look at Carson. We were wrong about everything!!! Nevermind it's preseason and he's playing against a comical Packer defense.....it's Carson!!!

:rolleyes:You know it's important that they win this game......it's about building confidence, you know! :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
He is playing well, and I wish him all the best - - I just am getting a bit tired of the talking heads ignoring everyone else to talk about him.....

However, there is one good thing - - I have been listening for a whole quarter and haven't heard TO mentioned one time........

It's only preseason. Chad only has his little mental breakdowns come playoffs. Oh wait, you were talking about TO? Sorry, after that showing last season during the playoffs I'm starting to get the morons confused.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Woo. Gets a little edgy in here when the bengals are doing well...its only pre-season.

NM

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't know what's more nauseating??

1. The verbal blow-job Theismann and company are giving Carson Palmer.

2. A truly putrid and pathetic Green Bay team on both sides of the ball.

3. The secondary commentary on Brett Favre.

4. Realizing that Joe Theismann is just as annoying without Paul McGuire in the booth.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:24 PM
its only pre-season.

NM

My point exactly. Thank you.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Woo....my point from the beginning.

It is strange though.

Sometimes preseason can a pointless walk through - other times you can discover RB/FB's the quality of Mike Alstott.

Preseason truly is like a box of chocolates...

NM

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
It is strange though.

Sometimes preseason can a pointless walk through - other times you can discover RB/FB's the quality of Mike Alstott.

Preseason truly is like a box of chocolates...

NM

No doubt. In this situation, I would just like to see what would happen against a team that is actually considered worthy of the NFL level before I'm willing to get a hard on and start the whole "you were wrong, blah, blah, blah" rant. It is cute to watch though...lol.

It's ONLY PRESEASON.

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Did I just hear them say Oakland signed jeff george?????????????

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Hypothetically, if Ben went through Carson's injury and came back and looked solid in his first game back I wouldn't exactly start calling out heads and telling them all is good. I would have enough football sense to take the wait and see approach. You know, when the games actually count. Maybe that's just me though?

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Odell Thurman looks way too happy on the sidelines.....he should be...right?...he doesnt play til October.....:dang: :dang: :dang:

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep Oakland does love a QB that helps them with their 'vertical game'.

NM

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Odell Thurman looks way too happy on the sidelines.....he should be...right?...he doesnt play til October.....:dang: :dang: :dang:

Anybody ever find out what that P.O.S was on? Marvin Lewis told me it was only PEZ.

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Hypothetically, if Ben went through Carson's injury and came back and looked solid in his first game back I wouldn't exactly start calling out heads and telling them all is good. I would have enough football sense to take the wait and see approach. You know, when the games actually count. Maybe that's just me though?
I believe you're alluding to my comments about Carson looking good. My comments aren't premature...he does look great both physically and mentally. He's taken quite a few hits and shrugged them off, he's scrambled out of the pocket, he's looking downfield on his throws even when a defender is near, overall he looks pretty sharp.

Many people on here wanted to see how he would react to taking that first hit, well we've seen that. Many believed he would be gun-shy on the field, well he hasn't been so far.

That's all I'm saying.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I believe you're alluding to my comments about Carson looking good. My comments aren't premature...he does look great both physically and mentally. He's taken quite a few hits and shrugged them off, he's scrambled out of the pocket, he's looking downfield on his throws even when a defender is near, overall he looks pretty sharp.

Many people on here wanted to see how he would react to taking that first hit, well we've seen that. Many believed he would be gun-shy on the field, well he hasn't been so far.

That's all I'm saying.

Actually, I was "alluding" to the massive circle jerk on tv which was to be expected.

I will stick with the fact that it's Green Bay and that it's preseason. Thanks though.

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Did I just hear them say Oakland signed jeff george?????????????

They sure did.

39 year old Jeff George who hasn't played in an actual game in 5yrs.
Al Davis must be drinking his Grecian Formula.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't know what's more nauseating??

1. The verbal blow-job Theismann and company are giving Carson Palmer.

2. A truly putrid and pathetic Green Bay team on both sides of the ball.

3. The secondary commentary on Brett Favre.

4. Realizing that Joe Theismann is just as annoying without Paul McGuire in the booth.

Ambridge, come on now. Carson has looked awesome against a Green Bay defense during the preseason. Join me please in our 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM circle jerk.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Greenbay are just awful. Why on earth is Favre still QB with them?

Its not like they are in a position to have 'one last shot' at SB glory.

Someone needs to pull the plug on that particular storyline and get Rodgers in there and see what he has to offer - before they waste another year.

NM

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM

Someone needs to pull the plug on that particular storyline and get Rodgers in there and see what he has to offer - before they waste another year.

NM
But it's the most talented team Brett Favre's ever been on, although according to him they might not win a single game.

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM

NM

As has been well marked in this thread..it is only preseason...but Im here to tell you....the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft goes to....the Green Bay Packers.....

OMG...this is just...sad.....

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Ambridge, come on now. Carson has looked awesome against a Green Bay defense during the preseason. Join me please in our 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM circle jerk.

:jerkit: I'll Rosey Palmer that.

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Also...how big a stiff is this AJ Hawk looking like???

He hits nothing..and jogs through plays....Im completely unimpressed

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:53 PM
As has been well marked in this thread..it is only preseason...but Im here to tell you....the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft goes to....the Green Bay Packers.....

Well I still think pre-season is an indicator of future performance - it just isn't the final word.

I think you really have to show something in the 3rd game - especially if yours was a struggling team from last year.

I think there is a big difference between getting beat in an exhibition game and failing to execute anything on either side of the ball.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Also...how big a stiff is this AJ Hawk looking like???

He hits nothing..and jogs through plays....Im completely unimpressed

That disappointing to hear - I had him ear-marked as an early DROY - just for the sheer amount of work he is going to get through with the Pack turning the ball over every second series.

NM

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM

What about their #1 pick in 2006 .......AJ Hawk???
Has he played tonight because I don't remember hearing his named being called.
Maybe he got lost somewhere among those missed Green Bay arm tackles.

Stillers#1
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I personally think that too much wass made of both Ben's and Carson's mindset after being hurt. I think I almost threw up everytime I heard the question "How will Ben/Palmer respond to their first hit?"

They are football players, chances are they get hit, they fall down, they get up, they call the next play. I didn't ever really ahve any doubt that both of them would come back and play well. They both have a lot to prove. Carosn has to prove that the reasosns the Bengals lost is b/c heh got hurt. Ben has to prove he is really is the man ( I am still not convinced).

Those 3 td's dont surprise me at all. What will surprise me is if we hold him to less than that the first time we play them.

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Interesting matchup...Brett Favre vs. the Bengals second/third stringers...I wonder who'll win it.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Interesting matchup...Brett Favre vs. the Bengals second/third stringers...I wonder who'll win it.

That fav-ray kid looks pretty good now - looks like he may have a future in this league.

NM

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
I personally think that too much wass made of both Ben's and Carson's mindset after being hurt. I think I almost threw up everytime I heard the question "How will Ben/Palmer respond to their first hit?"

They are football players, chances are they get hit, they fall down, they get up, they call the next play. I didn't ever really ahve any doubt that both of them would come back and play well. They both have a lot to prove. Carosn has to prove that the reasosns the Bengals lost is b/c heh got hurt. Ben has to prove he is really is the man ( I am still not convinced).

Those 3 td's dont surprise me at all. What will surprise me is if we hold him to less than that the first time we play them.

I disagree. This topic has been discussed once before.

Ben = Injury occured on a motorcycle away from the playing field.

Carson = Injury occured on the field.

Big difference in my opinion from a mental aspect. I'm sorry, after one start against a pathetic Packer defense during the preseason is not enough to convince me that Palmer is mentally ready for the regular season. Hell, Carson stated on national TV that physically he's fine, but mentally is still a question mark.

Question, did anybody else notice Palmer's "limp" back to the huddle during the late first/early second quarter? I recall him stretching his leg out and having a slight limp back to the huddle. Or was that my imagination?

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Or was that my imagination?
Don't worry, I would hallucinate as well if my team had to face Carson Palmer twice a year. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't worry, I would hallucinate as well if my team had to face Carson Palmer twice a year. :smile:

Wow, that wasn't expected.....:blah: What has he done against us exactly?

Roswell.........nothing to see here folks, nothing to see here.

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
What has he done against us exactly?
Give you the chance to win a ring for Jerome Bettis. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Give you the chance to win a ring for Jerome Bettis. :smile:

LOL, still riding that huh? Pathetic but expected once again.

The sad part.......I asked a simple question if anybody else saw what I saw (one person did). Whatever junior.

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
The sad part.......I asked a simple question if anybody else saw what I saw (one person did).
So what's your point? You need glasses? :smile:

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
So what's your point? You need glasses? :smile:

Wow. Simple question asked junior, that's all. You do realize that? Obviously not.

But since you asked Cantstop, we have something called contact lenses "up around these here parts".

Was just curious if "them there other's seen what I saw".

3 to be 4
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
I agree.

What we need is to hear more about what a great recovery Ben hs made from his self inflicted injury.

Cowher can tell us how good he looks as he throws another ball up for grabs. :sofunny:

NM

self inflicted injury. :bouncy:

Ben Cobain

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Glad to see Palmer playing well. I hate him as a bengal, but respect his play. He is a gamer, and props to him for get back at it so quickly!

LambertIsGod58
08-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Palmer looked good...especially when he had to pull it down and run. I have to agree with Cleve...Even though I hate him as a Bungle...I respect his talent as one of the best Quarterbacks in the league.

X-Terminator
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Sheesh...judging from this thread, I'm glad I didn't watch that game last night, because I might have thrown up my lunch from Saturday from listening to Theismann and company verbally fondle Carson Palmer.

But I am glad that he looked good, though like several others, I want to see him do it when the games count and against good defenses looking to take him out. I admit I like Carson and respect his immense talent...just not when he plays against the Steelers :smile:

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Sheesh...judging from this thread, I'm glad I didn't watch that game last night, because I might have thrown up my lunch from Saturday from listening to Theismann and company verbally fondle Carson Palmer.

But I am glad that he looked good, though like several others, I want to see him do it when the games count and against good defenses looking to take him out. I admit I like Carson and respect his immense talent...just not when he plays against the Steelers :smile:

I agree 100%.

He did look good last night and I respect him as a QB. One of the few individuals on that team with class. Nobody is denying that. But how will he react mentally/physically against a team that actually has a good/great D-line during the regular season? That's what I would like to see before I start polishing his knob like the crew on TV did last night.

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree.

NM

LITP - where in the bloody blue hell are you getting that Ben throws a lot of picks? In his 2 years as the Steelers starting QB, he's thrown less INTs than Brady. Give it a rest already! :blah: :blah: :wink02:

With regard to your comment about Ben's accident, I agree that I'm tired of hearing about it and it's time to move ahead, not look behind. If you stop and think about it, though, it's no different than the ongoing saga of Tedi Bruschi that we all had to hear about for months on end. Oh I know - Ben's injury was "self-inflicted" and Bruschi's was a medical emergency, but my point is - both Ben and Tedi have moved forward - the sports media needs to do the same (and I think a certain Pats fan should follow suit, as well). :wink02: :grin:

Now- back to the subject. I didn't see the Bengals/Packers game, but from everything I've read about it this morning, looks like Carson is well on his way to recovery and played a pretty solid game last night. Good to see him out there on the field again competing! :smile:

nicesteel4life
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Question, did anybody else notice Palmer's "limp" back to the huddle during the late first/early second quarter? I recall him stretching his leg out and having a slight limp back to the huddle. Or was that my imagination?

Yes I seen that as well as a other couple times he sprung off it real quick as that after he planted it and it still hurt. I exspect it to. I truly dont see that game last night as prove that he is ready. Even Brett said they may not even win a game this year becuase they are so young.....But of course Bungal fans feel there on top of the world. Also I swear to god I had to turn off the announcers last night. I truly think they polished carson knob so much that they probably ended up doing each other in the booth. Monday Night Football has been ruined. Period

Oh by the way Bunguls, Hows that banner look, compared to our BLING!

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
First of all.. About time you got multi quote.. lol

And Brian. Titles like "King" are reserved for Champions not winners of the AFC North because we had to play Texas Tommy for two games last year.
Am I hearing you correctly? You are making excuses for losses last year.. Something we are constantly criticized for about the playoff game? Dont feel bad.. I have heard most of your kind say this

I sure hope Carson is safe and nothing bad happens to him:blah:

I realy could care less
You mean you COULDNT care less? If you COULD care less, that means you care.. Dumbass

Nice video, great editing. Great football player, I hope he gets it back quickly. Cause right now he's doing a Ricky Bobby.

Tom
Thanks!

I want to see how he reacts to getting hit in the knee for the first time.
He is fine and he is back

Cry Baby Carson... whaaa my knee, reminds me of nancy kerrigan lol... although everytime I see that hit by Van Olhoffen it looks dirtier and dirtier....
Way to do your jobs mods! I didnt realize I posted this in smack.. Oh.. I didnt

2 TD's so far...yeah, you were right, guys...Carson's never going to be the same.
They are scared

:rolleyes:
Its just preseason for us, but the packers suck terribly now? Make up your mind

It's only preseason. Chad only has his little mental breakdowns come playoffs. Oh wait, you were talking about TO? Sorry, after that showing last season during the playoffs I'm starting to get the morons confused.
More jealousy.. Mostly because our #3 WR is better than your #1

Woo. Gets a little edgy in here when the bengals are doing well...its only pre-season.

NM
They hate that we are better..

I didnt notice this.. But I was at the game, so its hard to see things like that

Glad to see Palmer playing well. I hate him as a bengal, but respect his play. He is a gamer, and props to him for get back at it so quickly!
Very cool of you....

I agree 100%.

He did look good last night and I respect him as a QB. One of the few individuals on that team with class. Nobody is denying that. But how will he react mentally/physically against a team that actually has a good/great D-line during the regular season? That's what I would like to see before I start polishing his knob like the crew on TV did last night.
You are in complete denial.. Keep hoping that Palmer isnt back full force.. Keep denying the truth to yourself

CARSON IS GOD

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow........lol. I would just like to see a little more before I start praising the guy. As for CJ, last year's playoffs were enough for me. Weak minded.

On that note, I was happy to hear that the charges were dropped even though things are still a little troublesome in Cali.

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow........lol. I would just like to see a little more before I start praising the guy.

On that note, I was happy to hear that the charges were dropped even though things are still a little troublesome in Cali.

I have been very positive about Carson all offseason.. I really think you can start praising him now.. lol

What charges are you talking about?

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I apologize for not jumping on the Carson bandwagon and praising the guy left and right. What's wrong with wanting to see more? Hell, I still want to see more out of Ben before I jump to the conclusion that he's regular season ready. I'm confident that he is at that level, but I'm not ready to hop on board.

What's wrong with that?

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I apologize for not jumping on the Carson bandwagon and praising the guy left and right. What's wrong with wanting to see more? Hell, I still want to see more out of Ben before I jump to the conclusion that he's regular season ready. I'm confident that he is at that level, but I'm not ready to hop on board.

What's wrong with that?

Nothin wrong with it... But I am just telling you that you dont need to doubt.. He is back and he is the man

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Nothin wrong with it... But I am just telling you that you dont need to doubt.. He is back and he is the man

That's great that you think that. I'm happy for you Brian. You also don't need to tell me that I'm jealous and in denial. Big difference between taking the wait and see approach and being jealous and in denial.

tony hipchest
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I have been very positive about Carson all offseason.. I really think you can start praising him now.. lol

:chuckle:

still whining huh?

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
That's great. You also don't need to tell me that I'm jealous and in denial. Big difference between taking the wait and see approach and being jealous and in denial.

I dont NEED to tell anyone.. But I pointed it out.. You are right though.. I dont NEED to say it.. Its quite obvious to everyone from some of the stuff you posted...

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:01 AM
still whining huh?
Still ruining a good site??

floodcitygirl
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
First of all.. About time you got multi quote.. lol
You mean you COULDNT care less? If you COULD care less, that means you care.. Dumbass

First of all, you make an error in your sentence....then you call someone a dumbass (sounds like a personal attack to me).....then you are going to criticize not only another poster for smacking outside of the smack forum but also our mods???!!! Classic Bengal fan!!! :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I dont NEED to tell anyone.. But I pointed it out.. You are right though.. I dont NEED to say it.. Its quite obvious to everyone from some of the stuff you posted...

It's obvious?

By wanting to take the wait and see approach with Palmer?

By stating and fully admitting that I respect Palmer as a QB?

By stating that I feel he's one of the few with class on that roster?

By stating that I feel he is a good QB?

Yeah, that sounds like jealousy and denial. Your right buddy...lol.

Livinginthe past
08-29-2006, 11:05 AM
LITP - where in the bloody blue hell are you getting that Ben throws a lot of picks? In his 2 years as the Steelers starting QB, he's thrown less INTs than Brady. Give it a rest already! :blah: :blah: :wink02:

With regard to your comment about Ben's accident, I agree that I'm tired of hearing about it and it's time to move ahead, not look behind. If you stop and think about it, though, it's no different than the ongoing saga of Tedi Bruschi that we all had to hear about for months on end. Oh I know - Ben's injury was "self-inflicted" and Bruschi's was a medical emergency, but my point is - both Ben and Tedi have moved forward - the sports media needs to do the same (and I think a certain Pats fan should follow suit, as well). :wink02: :grin:

Now- back to the subject. I didn't see the Bengals/Packers game, but from everything I've read about it this morning, looks like Carson is well on his way to recovery and played a pretty solid game last night. Good to see him out there on the field again competing! :smile:

TB throws alot more footballs than Ben.

Looking at the stats on nfl.com Brady throws one every 38.6 passes and Ben throws one every 28 passes.

That doesn't even include the post season where Brady has an amazing record of not throwing picks.

With the running game looking for from impressive it wil be interesting to see how Ben handles the extra pressure of carrying the offense.

I think carson played well last night, its good to see him back.

NM

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
First of all, you make an error in your sentence....then you call someone a dumbass (sounds like a personal attack to me).....then you are going to criticize not only another poster for smacking outside of the smack forum but also our mods???!!! Classic Bengal fan!!! :sofunny:
Whats my 'error'? No ' right? That is pretty lame.. That is laziness, not an 'error' Give me a break

It's obvious?

By wanting to take the wait and see approach with Palmer?

By stating and fully admitting that I respect Palmer as a QB?

By stating that I feel he's one of the few with class on that roster?

By stating that I feel he is a good QB?

Yeah, that sounds like jealousy and denial. Your right buddy...lol.
With comments about how the packers suck, how the announcers are on Carson's nuts, how CJ threw a fit in the playoffs but wont do it YET again.. Things like that.. Yes.. They show your jealousy.. Either that or your ignorance.. You pick

Lets also not forget your wishfulness of him limping to the huddle..

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 11:09 AM
With comments about how the packers suck, how the announcers are on Carson's nuts, how CJ threw a fit in the playoffs but wont do it YET again.. Things like that.. Yes.. They show your jealousy.. Either that or your ignorance.. You pick

The Packers do suck. They sucked last season and they will suck this year. What's your point? I don't see them playing much better come regular season. What's wrong with pointing out the obvious?

The announcers were on Carson's nuts. There is no denying that. This ties in with the wait and see approach in which the media tends to ignore.

As for CJ, I never denied his talent level. I do question his mental toughness and stability and for good reason.

Once again, keep reaching....:sofunny:

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
I think carson played well last night, its good to see him back.

NM

:cheers:

see you guys in the AFCC!

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
The Packers do suck. They sucked last season and they will suck this year. What's your point? I don't see them playing much better come regular season. What's wrong with pointing out the obvious?

The announcers were on Carson's nuts. There is no denying that. This ties in with the wait and see approach in which the media tends to ignore.

As for CJ, I never denied his talent level. I do question his mental toughness and stability and for good reason.

Once again, keep reaching....:sofunny:

Yes... One again, you keep reaching.. Its all good.. You cant get me down.. The past is the past and this year its time to prove who has the better team.. I think you will be disappointed

tony hipchest
08-29-2006, 11:13 AM

in the midst of laughing i forgot to answer your ????

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9596&page=3

Still ruining a good site

well you do try but i dont think you have succeeded. this site is doing quite well actually in spite of you constantly calling people "dumbass" and calling out the mods.

carry on!

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Yes... One again, you keep reaching.. Its all good.. You cant get me down.. The past is the past and this year its time to prove who has the better team.. I think you will be disappointed

LOL, I'm not trying to get you down. I'm simply responding to your comical assumptions. That's all. You are correct, the past is the past and it's time to prove who has the better team. As for if I will be disappointed or not remains to be seen. Nice chat Brian...lol.

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
in the midst of laughing i forgot to answer your ????

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9596&page=3

well you do try but i dont think you have succeeded. this site is doing quite well actually in spite of you constantly calling people "dumbass" and calling out the mods.

carry on!

As for the charges thing.. I dont really visit your site anymore.. I just come here to post a video from time to time.. But I just like to respond to some of the replies I get in those threads only...

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
LOL, I'm not trying to get you down. I'm simply responding to your comical assumptions. That's all. You are correct, the past is the past and it's time to prove who has the better team. As for if I will be disappointed or not remains to be seen. Nice chat Brian...lol.

I know who has the better team.. And deep down, I know you know too

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Your right Brian, your right. :sofunny:

Congratulations once again. Stay out of trouble. :smile:

tony hipchest
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I dont really visit your site anymore.. But I just like to respond to some of the replies I get in those threads only...:crying01:

thats very diplomatic of you. :rolleyes:

X-Terminator
08-29-2006, 11:29 AM

Dude, what in the bloody blue hell is wrong with you? Most people in this thread were complimentary of Carson and were glad to see him back. Many of them also want to see him play against top defenses and see what he can do before declaring he's fully recovered. A game against a weak Packers team and defense is not a good measuring stick...and you know it. It's only "jealousy and denial" in your warped mind. We can acknowledge when a team has a great player, even on a rival. But if you're expecting us to kiss his ass like they did on MNF last night, forget it!

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Dude, what in the bloody blue hell is wrong with you? Most people in this thread were complimentary of Carson and were glad to see him back. Many of them also want to see him play against top defenses and see what he can do before declaring he's fully recovered. A game against a weak Packers team and defense is not a good measuring stick...and you know it. It's only "jealousy and denial" in your warped mind. We can acknowledge when a team has a great player, even on a rival. But if you're expecting us to kiss his ass like they did on MNF last night, forget it!

Not at all.. I found myself quoting way too much so I got rid of most the thank to you all that have congratulated him... Some want to play it down, but last night was a huge game for Carson.. I do remember reading something from you that was positive.. So, I thank you for that and to all the others who realize what a big step this is for Carson, I am sure I can speak for cantstop85 as well.. We do appreciate it...

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 12:14 PM

The only thing that is obvious here to me, Brian, is that you are unjustifiably taking shots at members who are doing nothing more than stating their opinions. Is this not a board of opinions? Too bad, so sad that their opinions don't match yours, but thems the breaks. Seems to me that you have conveniently forgotten that you are on a STEELERS BB.

Calling a well-respected member around here a "dumbass" is a bit over the top. Who are you - the captain of the grammar police? :rolleyes:

Keep on being delusional in your belief that any Steelers fan could possibly be jealous of any Bungles fan or their team. That is laughable. :sofunny: You've got an AFC North Champion banner to hang over your stadium - we have a shiny brand spankin' new Lombardi trophy sitting in its rightful place among the other 4 Lombardis the Steelers have earned. I'm sure the Rooneys can do a little shifting around and make room for #6. :cool:

I'm happy Carson is back on the field, as he is the only Bungles player I have any degree of respect and admiration for. The guy is a class act both on and off the field and is one of the best QBs in the NFL, no doubt about it. That being said, however, we don't need him shoved down our throats - we have eyes and can clearly see his importance to your team and organization.

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Thread moved to Blast Furnace......

tony hipchest
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Thread moved to Blast Furnace......good move... some still havent figured out the appropriate forums to post their material.

"todays video was brought to you by the Childrens Television Workshop. it was sponsored by the letters P and Q and the number 9." :sofunny:

meanjoecoop
08-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Some want to play it down, but last night was a huge game for Carson..

Yes it was. It was a huge PR event and it was enormously successful. Kudos Cincy. However, the Bengal?s stats (like everyone else's) are still the same today as they were yesterday...0-0 with 16 to go.

BengalBrian
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes it was. It was a huge PR event and it was enormously successful. Kudos Cincy. However, the Bengal?s stats (like everyone else's) are still the same today as they were yesterday...0-0 with 16 to go.

Cant argue that at all.. I was telling everyone in the stadium that I could find wearing a Favre jersey that it was only preseason.. But their frowns just got worse.

Seriously though.. This isnt about the win.. You wont hear me bragging about the wins in preseason or whatever. This was all about the return of Carson.. And a very successful return it seems to have started off to.

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
OK...my 2 cents.....

Yes...a successful night for Palmer...kudos to him...

Yes...i saw him limping....

I also saw at least 4 occasions where Green Bay defenders peeled off as opposed to taking the hit on him...a common preseason move...one that will not be practiced at Arrowhead on 9/10....

And once again...I cannot conceive Green Bay winning a single game this year....apparently Mr. Favre agrees with me...:cool: :cool:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-29-2006, 05:07 PM
What I want to know is when did the Wisconson Badgers join the NFL and when did they start wearing green and yellow instead of the red and white.

And why did Cincy put them on their preseason schedule? Really Brian. No way to train for the AFC North.

steelers07
08-29-2006, 05:46 PM
I do want to say that Carson did play a great game last night. Although I don't think he was 100% confident out there. He did play well. I was glad to see he could handle the hits and get right back up. But it will be a different season for the Bengals this year. Lets hope Carson can handle it.

CantStop85
08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Just one dismantling of Indianapolis away from the start of the season, then we can really get into the "I told you so's." :smile:

Tankus_Maximus
08-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Damn....Carson is god huh?

Wow, I thought when I died and met my maker, he'd have at least 1 Super Bowl Ring on his digits. All this clown has is a heisman. I must be stuck in purgatory? Hey..wait..when did I get to Cincy??

Sounds like Bungle nation is ready to trade in their sole AFC North Championship, for Carson's big-day with the Packers. Good for him. I want him at his best, so the rest of the Bungle-nation has nothing left to say when Troy picks him off again, and trucks over him into the endzone...yet again. Funny how Cantstop & Brian love to try and forget that. Everytime Troy picks off Carson, Carson ends up getting planted into the turf.

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Just one dismantling of Indianapolis away from the start of the season, then we can really get into the "I told you so's." :smile:

You told us what? That the Steelers are going to win the AFC North this season? Shucks - we already knew that. :smile: :whistle:

How do you prefer your crow burger - rare, medium or well done? Lettuce, ta-mah-to and hold the mayo? :chuckle:

CantStop85
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
You told us what? That the Steelers are going to win the AFC North this season? Shucks - we already knew that. :smile: :whistle:

How do you prefer your crow burger - rare, medium or well done? Lettuce, ta-mah-to and hold the mayo? :chuckle:
Oh, I like my crow burgers well done. I'd love to have to eat crow about my pick of the Steelers as AFC North champs this season. :smile:

Tankus_Maximus
08-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Just remember son, The Packers are just one notch above The Texans. If you're gonna put that much stock into one measly pre-season game, well once again, your level of ignorance is astounding.

Typical Bungle Fan, starts making travel arrangements to Miami, and proclaiming CP as the 2nd coming of Christ.....after a Pre-Season game/scrimmage.

Laughable.

meanjoecoop
08-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Brett...you really need to wait until you retire to do these ads...whats next viagra?

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/bigbretticecream.jpg

BBC
08-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Brett...you really need to wait until you retire to do these ads...whats next viagra?

Should we say the same thing to Ben about being in commercials for Chunky Soup? Or a music video?

floodcitygirl
08-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Should we say the same thing to Ben about being in commercials for Chunky Soup? Or a music video?I didn't see the soup commercial but I for one thought that Ben was darling in that music video....and I don't really like country music! But don't tell Siss I said so because it'll get her going on Ben and then Tony will have a fit because this is the BF....see what a problem this is causing??? (lol) :sofunny:

BBC
08-31-2006, 05:15 PM
I didn't see the soup commercial but I for one thought that Ben was darling in that music video....and I don't really like country music! But don't tell Siss I said so because it'll get her going on Ben and then Tony will have a fit because this is the BF....see what a problem this is causing??? (lol) :sofunny:

I just don't completely understand what the point of posting that advertisement with Favre was - considering Ben has been in his share of advertisements (and even bad ones, for example this one: http://www.empyrealenvirons.com/2005images/nike_roethlisberger.jpg).

meanjoecoop
08-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Its the topic of the advertisement...sensitive teeth? afraid of ice cream? This is the guy who lost the ball to a drunk bengal fan last year.

Ive only seen the McNab soup commercials and they were fine. Bens cameo in the video was cool. They didnt make themselves look frail. Brett's doing enough of that on the field.