PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes unsure when he'll return to N.Y. Jets

Buddha Bus
07-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Santonio Holmes unsure when he'll return to N.Y. Jets
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: July 20, 2013 at 01:55 p.m. Updated: July 20, 2013 at 02:19 p.m.

There continues to be a dearth of good news for the New York Jets on the Santonio Holmes recovery front.

The wide receiver told reporters Saturday that still there is no hard timetable on a return to action following surgery to repair a severe Lisfranc fracture in his foot.

"I don't have a target date," Holmes said at a flag football tournament in New York, according to the New York Daily News. "I don't want to do anything to jeopardize myself being ready for the season."

Holmes has been running on a non-weight bearing treadmill at least three times per week, but has done very little in the way of football-related activities.

"It's just getting back into the swing of walking and running without any pains from having scar tissue build up around the injury," said Holmes, who is an obvious candidate to begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list. "It's really difficult to learn how to walk again. To do so much balance work, you don't realize what you have until it's gone. To lose a ligament and have separation in your joints, have screws placed in."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000219206/article/santonio-holmes-unsure-when-hell-return-to-ny-jets