PDA

View Full Version : deionne branch for donnie edwards

tony hipchest
08-28-2006, 10:12 AM
why hasnt this happenend yet? it would benefit both teams and definitely both players.

deion could finally play with a strong armed qb and wouldnt be a system that denies him balls. he could actually earn the money he thinks he deserves, rather than being a trophy piece "good sb mvp wr" at 900 yds and 5 td's a season.

donnie could be put out to pasture in what is the dying ground for aging veteran linebackers with the patriots. he could possibly have that 1 great year hes been seeking his whole career and then be desperately clung to for a few more, at a modest price, under the guise of winning a ring.

everybody comes out a winner! (well... figuratively speaking of course. its not like theyre steelers)

BlackNGold203
08-28-2006, 10:14 AM
probably because NE thinks they are breaking Branch's will...and will get him back on the cheap....:cool: :cool:

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 12:19 PM
A very productive receiver who still has a lot of tread on him-Versus- an over the hill, 33 year old linebacker who has seen his better days.

In a straight up swap the Chargers would make out like bandits but it will never happen.
Besides San Diego strikes me as being equally tight fisted with a dollar and wouldn't want to shell out the cash anyway.

boLT fan
08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
In a straight up swap the Chargers would make out like bandits but it will never happen.
Besides San Diego strikes me as being equally tight fisted with a dollar and wouldn't want to shell out the cash anyway.

Yep, Smith is a tight ass and wouldn't want another whiny vet (like Edwards). The Patriots are doing to Branch what the Chargers did to Gates a while ago, and what they are doing to Edwards now. Showing them that they aren't worth as much to the NFL as they thought they were. It's not gonna happen.

-Versus- an over the hill, 33 year old linebacker who has seen his better days.

You are aware they just signed Junior Seau right? He's over the hill and into the valley at this point.

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
You are aware they just signed Junior Seau right? He's over the hill and into the valley at this point.

How much did the Pats shell out for Junior........the league minimum or a little better??
I would bet the Pats would grab Edwards in a second if they could get a bargain basement price for him as well.

tony hipchest
08-28-2006, 02:25 PM
How much did the Pats shell out for Junior........the league minimum or a little better??
. i think i heard a million and free balco products for life. i think vet minimum is $760,000 so thats not too bad.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
That certainly is an interesting proposition.

I believe Ambridge has found enough faults in it already though, pretty obvious faults I might add.

NM